Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed (Read 56732 times)
CoolP

List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:20am
Print Post  
As I found this bird to be a classic and very enjoyable one, I'd like to share some findings or collect all current known bugs in one thread to allow a fix.

Some things here might be new while others just repeat some demands and descriptions from the forums.
The purpose is to check the items listed here, mark them as "bug" or "user failure" and, when marked as bug, to drop some tickets in the support system to allow intervention from Captain Sim.

Please don't post somehow personal problems like "I can't start the engines" or "how is this or that working?" here.

Off we go .. the list order does not represent any priority and the items refer to the FSX version (2.4) only.

1. The aircraft has to be loaded twice to enable the sound effects on the switches.

2. The Captain's ADI and RMI is doubled on the FO's side. This causes the FO's ADI to show only Nav1 readings while it should be possible to see and set up Nav2 related items there.
The DME readings can be read individually, but all other settings are just doubled Nav1 ones.

Edited:
The current version 1.3 of the 707 shows another enhancement, giving you DME1 readings in the RMI and DME2 readings on that small DME gauge. So you only have to watch the Captain's side to stay informed about distances.
The 727 currently looks like this, just doubling the DME1 readings.

The better and more useful setup would be like this, showing DME1 and 2 on one side.

This picture was taken after a modification which you can find on p.4 of this thread.

3. The pressurization system doesn't work at all.
First thing are the knobs on the pressurization panel. Especially the No. 14 one has to be turned long, very long until the needle moves.

Sadly, even if you can move the needle to set up a desired cabin alt for the flight, the system doesn't follow this setting and the cabin alt goes up with the aircraft alt.
In real life, passengers and pilots would have to wear masks to avoid loosing consciousness and more.

4. There are "EPR set knobs" and you can use them of course but the manual states that they are driven automatically when pushed in.
You can push them in (use the mouse button 3 for this, the wheel pushed) but you don't have any PDCS unit on board to drive them automatically.
So the manuals have to be revised here or such a unit has to be implemented.
Quote:
The EPR set reference index is automatically set by the PDCS unit when the EPR set knob is pushed into the
automatic position.

Also, the tooltip value does not reflect the actual readings.

5. The radar popup clickspot isn't working. The mouse cursor changes but there's no popup if you click there.
I don't know if this popup is intended but the clickspot is there.

6. The manuals mix up the "Pneumatic Brake Pressure Indicator" and the hydraulic one.

7. The Cockpit Voice Recorder shows no readings or tones when "test" is pressed.

8. The "Hydraulic Brake Interconnect Light" doesn't stay on when the valve is set to open.

9. The "Oil Quantity Test Switch" does not test the quantity readings but the pressure. Wrong gauges tested then.
Here it is pressed

and here it is not pressed

10. The "Oxygen Pressure Indicating Light" never comes on, even if the Oxygen is manually enabled.

11. What is the "Flight Control Warning Test Switch" supposed to do? I can't find a description in the manuals.

12. You can't set up the VOR tone identifiers to be heard anywhere.

13. There are no cockpit sounds when the avionics are on, there's no trim wheel sound, you can't hear a spoiler sound.

14. The manuals speak of some things that aren't there or called by other names in the cockpit.

Not there:
- STERILE COCKPIT LIGHT

Other names:
- STROBE LIGHTS (if they are set with the "Beacon" switch, this item should be named differently)
- NO SMOKE (should be "no smoking". Yeah, that's a minor one, I know)

15. The "quiet wing" placard is visible even on non-quiet planes.

16. The HDG switch on the AP can only be operated in the 2D popup if you want to set it back to "off".
See Reply #8 for details.

17. There are some misspellings on the engineers DOOR ANNUNCIATOR PANEL

"TAIL SLID; AFT AIRSTAR" (thanks Lou for the input on this)

Edited:
18. The stick shaker isn't operational since there's no sound connected to it.
See p.4 Reply #58 for details on this.

19. The landing gear config warning horn can't be triggered/heard, there only is a cutout lever.

If you see any user errors here, correct or help me. Much appreciated.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Remaining bugs (and maybe some wishes then)
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
5. The radar popup clickspot isn't working. The mouse cursor changes but there's no popup if you click there.
I don't know if this popup is intended but the clickspot is there.

The Weather Radar in the VC is the same one as the CS Weather Radar (that is a separate purchase, but a free bonus in the 727 and can't be used in other aircraft). The CS Weather Radar also shows a hand and it too, doesn't open the 2D Weather Radar Panel. It is my opinion that this would be better added to the CS Weather Radar forum.

Quote:
24 Feb '10: WXR in the 727

CS Weather Radar is included in the 727 Captain version 2.4 as a free bonus.

It's just my opinion. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Remaining bugs (and maybe some wishes then)
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Welcome, Mark. Glad you're on this list too.  Smiley

I own the weather radar addon too (very good by the way) and was just wondering about the clickspot.
As nobody needs the clickspot to open the 2D radar, because everyone can drive the switches in the VC, my suggestion to CS would be to get rid of it.

Is that clickspot a general fault on the (separate) gauge? Then you are right about the other forum to be a better place for posting this.

Adding the WXR to the VC in the 727 as a free bonus was a great idea from CS, no doubt about it.

IP Logged

Re: List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I would add the "HDG Switch" in VC does not switch to OFF

Intel qx9650 4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x500 GB Seagate, Asus Strike II Formula, GTX 285, Windows 7 x64&& http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner1.gif&&; http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif&&;&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Help us a bit. I wonder which switch is mentioned and what "off" means then.
Do you have a screenshot and a more detailed description of the issue?

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I am not sure if this is an issue or I am the only one noticing it in my sys. When I change heading I use the heading knob; Fine so far...If I use the wheel(rolling) on my mouse to adjust the heading pointer keeps turning all the way round until I click the mouse again to make it stop,and the use the knob to set it...

<div class=
IP Logged

DrJ1

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
The Generators on the main engines do not appear to power the aircraft systems.  You need to have the APU running or add the line in the cfg file about "electric system always available"

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Yes, these "hanging" switch activations are somehow common but not a special Captain Sim problem in my eyes.

As for the other problem with the generators, I must say that I don't have this cfg line edited and get sufficient electrical power from the engines so far.
It just takes a second after APU shutdown and maybe a slightly higher idle power to let the engine generators "pop in" and the generator lights to come off. Switch positions should of course allow a feeding from the engines.

With that edited line you advise the model to always have ground power like feeding. I would agree on seeing this as a bug but as I said, for me it's not necessary as the generators are working.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm:

I was meaning this switch here. In VC you can switch it only to on but no back to off. To switch it off you have to open the 2D-panel.

Intel qx9650 4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x500 GB Seagate, Asus Strike II Formula, GTX 285, Windows 7 x64&& http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner1.gif&&; http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif&&;&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
avatar wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:02pm:
CoolP wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm:

I was meaning this switch here. In VC you can switch it only to on but no back to off. To switch it off you have to open the 2D-panel.

I'll second that. Smiley

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Ok, I'll put that on the list.
Didn't stumble upon this one as I only operate the AP with the popup. Thanks for the input.

Any ideas or comments about the other things mentioned?
Captain Sim have just put out the 1.2 of the 707 and stated (See this post: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286222773/120#120) that they are now on the other planes (maybe meaning new ones of course) for this year and I'd like to have those items verified somehow to feed the guys with tickets then.

The list for the 757 is almost finished (you'll see a thread in the next days) and then I'll move on to the 767. Of course, the 707 still needs attention too.
But lets go through the 727 items currently lacking some function and hope for a nice 2.5 release.

With your help, every next service pack might be a real good one.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Bumping this a bit, sorry.

I spoke to some guys here and there and we came across the opinion that there are some more or less significant bugs on the 707, 727, 757, 767 remaining, even after e. g. Service Pack 4 on some products.

While this is a not so good statement towards beta testing in some eyes, I think the products itself lack of some (right made) user input.
What do I mean?

Well, I can see some guys complaining about this and that in forums but I can't read any report that they've issued tickets on those items.
As we all know and find comprehensible, the support at Captain Sim works through this system and therefor the complains in forums are "nice" but useless, if nobody clicks his Profile and issues a ticket.

I have to thank the guys working together on lists like this one or on the 707 one before, but these guys are the exceptions while the vast amount of remaining people just posts "this is not working", without pictures, without descriptions and without ever setting up a ticket.
So what do you expect to happen then?  Wink

Some of you might have seen me in other forums too and fighting this "they still haven't fixed it" mentality of some, because just sitting there in front of a monitor and waiting for a dev to start fixing things although nobody ever reported them is somehow naive, don't you think?

So the purpose of this list and all others to come is to produce tickets for Captain Sim.
If they reject those (which they won't do and haven't done so far), you can start complaining, but not before.

IP Logged

Joe Rod

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Please let me add some comments here:

1- I really miss the stab trim noise;

2- It`s missing the altitude alert sound. The light is ok, but the noise is a must;

3- The pressurization panel is mainly the -100. I really don`t know if there is any -200 with that panel. And it`s true, it`s not working at all.

4- One thing that is weird, in principle, is flight dynamics.
Unless I`m doing something wrong, as I make the check list by recall (I know, captains, checklists must be read, but I`m just having fun), it almost impossible to climb descently with a good rate!
With 130k lbs in a -200, that mtw is aprox 190 to 200k lbs, the 727 should climb like a rocket. But CS 727 climbs very hard with this wheigt. It needs step climbing to go to FL 350. Please, tell me if you are getting the same expereinces cause I don`t know if I`m doing anything wrong.

5- Max epr is too low. In a hot day, it the plane heavy, it should be more than 2,00. And with cushion in the throtle levers.

6- With power down to idle, lg retracted, theres a loud noise that the FE should reset by pulling a lever. In real life, the FE should antecipate the pilot comand to idle and pull the lever before the annoyng buzz come up. In my trainning days I`d have to pay some beers to the pilots for forgeting to do that.

I can list more detail of the FE panel, but I guess it`s not relavant.
I still have the originals manuasl, if someone wants more informations or tables.

One thing I must tell is that I`m not complaining at all.
CS made a wonderfull job, it worths every cent I paid!!! I`m really enjoyng it, it is a wonderfull hobby, for me and my kids.

Everything can be improved and I thing we can help CS to do that.

Thanks for you all (and forgive me cause english is not my native languge)

IP Logged

Joe Rod

Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:39pm:
I am not sure if this is an issue or I am the only one noticing it in my sys. When I change heading I use the heading knob; Fine so far...If I use the wheel(rolling) on my mouse to adjust the heading pointer keeps turning all the way round until I click the mouse again to make it stop,and the use the knob to set it...

It`s true. Very annoyng. You can crash a plane because of it.

Should be correct, cause it is a bug, not a improvement.

i will open a ticket.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:56am
Print Post  
To CoolP's post above.

strange meaning:
- TAILSKID (extends and retracts with the gear lever movement and nobody can watch this thing in flight, so  a checklist item "GEAR . .  OFF, LTS, OUT" together with "TAILSKID. .  RETRACTED" is confusing).

After the gear handle is moved and while it's still in the up position the F/E will monitor the tail skid light on the AUX panel.
The Tail Skid light is an in transit light and should go out when the skid reaches it's proper position. UP when the gear is retracted & down when extended. If the light is on after retraction & the gear lever is still in the up position, it means the skid did NOT retract. The problem here is that there is a slight drag problem & ice can build-up on the skid from the rear sink drains and cause a big problem if and when it falls off. On landing the same procedure is used to insure skid extension for landing.

There are some misspellings on the panel: TAIL SLID; AFT AIRSTAR

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 5:32am
Print Post  
I will correct this, thanks Lou.
Nice finding about the spelling, I will add this point to replace my tailskid description.

Joe, glad to have you in the list thread.

1- I really miss the stab trim noise;

2- It`s missing the altitude alert sound. The light is ok, but the noise is a must;

Some sounds of the 727 can be enabled if you load the pane a second time. The Alt alert is one of them. See point 1 of my list, that's a known bug.

3- The pressurization panel is mainly the -100. I really don`t know if there is any -200 with that panel. And it`s true, it`s not working at all.
You are saying the -200 did not have such a pressurization panel? Interesting. I'm very interested in some good 727 docs, you've mentioned them. Would be nice to see a link or something.

4- One thing that is weird, in principle, is flight dynamics.
Your point 4 is one thing I wanted to add to the list but I let go for some reason.
The main thing is that Captain Sim delivers the performance data of a very early 727-100 on all models (-200 and Freighter too).
So you have the smallest available engine in this bird and no later thrust improvement enabled. Especially the -200 and Freighter variants struggle with this fact and the only workaround is to edit the thrust by yourself.

5- Max epr is too low.
The EPR values of the engine model aren't a good basis for judging about the actual performance here.
Captain Sim uses the default FSX model and this causes all EPR stuff to be far off from any realistic values. "N" values are better here, same on the 707.

6- With power down to idle, lg retracted, theres a loud noise that the FE should reset by pulling a lever. In real life, the FE should antecipate the pilot comand to idle and pull the lever before the annoyng buzz come up. In my trainning days I`d have to pay some beers to the pilots for forgeting to do that.
Do you describe the gear warning in point 6?

Thanks for your help on this, finally some life in the 727 list and I can tell you guys that the 757 and 767 list will be the biggest one of all, so keep up your motivation.  Cool

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #16 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Thank you all for input.

#1 - The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 2930.

#2 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6221 was aadded to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6221.

#3 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6222 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6222.

#5 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6223 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6223.

#6 - fixed, manual will be replaced with the next SP.

#7 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6224 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6224.

#8 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6225 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6225.

#9 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6226 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6226.

#10 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6227 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6227.

#18 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6228 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6228.

For other issues please submit tickets.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Wow, you've just saved me plenty of time here. I always got sick when thinking about all those tickets needed and now you've just copied the items.

Great work, Captain Sim. Big thanks here.

Prepare for the 757 and 767, won't be easy, I can tell. Just give me a day or two and they will be online with pictures.  Cool

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #18 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Ok, first of all anther thanks from me for the service.

You've mixed up item 17 and (the non existent) 18, Tanya. No problem, the KB thing is right on it.

So the remain items are

4. There are "EPR set knobs" and you can use them of course but the manual states that they are driven automatically when pushed in.
I personally still wonder.

11. What is the "Flight Control Warning Test Switch" supposed to do? I can't find a description in the manuals.
Maybe Lou can tell, doesn't seem to be that important, this little switch.

12. You can't set up the VOR tone identifiers to be heard anywhere.
Seems like you have to use the FSX keyboard shortcuts here.

13. There are no cockpit sounds when the avionics are on, there's no trim wheel sound, you can't hear a spoiler sound.
Suggesting the 707 sounds here, just a wish.

14. The manuals speak of some things that aren't there or called by other names in the cockpit.
Ticket issued by me.

15. The "quiet wing" placard is visible even on non-quiet planes.
Small flaw but big thing for the ACE to do this.

16. The HDG switch on the AP can only be operated in the 2D popup if you want to set it back to "off".
Still has to be issued by pulsar21.

That's about it here and on the 727. Lets look forward to 2.5 then.

IP Logged

Gabriel Silva

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Thanks CoolP for the great thread! Hopefully we will get everything fixed by working together with Captainsim.

Here is a list of the bugs I've found after doing a flight on the 727-100 another company with the PAN American livery. I currently own only the basic package so I haven't tested all models yet.

Bugs(please ignore any items already listed on the first page):

1- Pressurization not working at all, it does not matter if it is in manual or auto mode. It looks to me as if there is no functioning outflow valves at all. The air just comes from the outside as if it was an unpressurized airplane.

2- Engine Generators only work if you keep the switch in the "up" position leaving them closed. They should pop back to the middle after closing, but if you do that you loose your electrical system after some time, that's why people have to add lines to the cfg to make the battery less forever.

3- The HSI displays the HDG FAIL flag when there are no VORs selected. It should be a NAV FLAG instead.

4- Regarding the Audio Panel, only the Flight Engineer one works, the Captain's and F/O's appears to be only a dummy panel.

5- In my system I am unable to use the pitch mode of the autopilot, only the altitude hold works, whenever I press the pitch "wheel" there is no change at all.

6- The HDG mode on the auto pilot does not come off when you engadge the NAV LOC, it has to be put off manually. It should be automatic.

7- The Flight Director sometimes is connected with the autopilot and sometimes not. It varied between my flights.

8- The Flight Director mode annunciator and the Autopilot mode annunciator are operating "together". What I mean by that is if I engadge the HDG mode on the Flight Director there is no light on the annunciator, but if I engadge the HDG mode on the autopilot the Flight Directors annunciator is the one illuminated.(I will take a screenshot of this behavior when I can)

9- The DME 2 display on the Captain's side is displaying DME 1 info.

10- The F/O's HSI is showing NAV 1 info and there is no way to change it.

11- The HDG mode button does not work in the VC.

That's it for now.

Gabriel Silva

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Thanks, Gabriel.

As you see, some, more than a few, of your items are already getting processed now.
Maybe I'll find the time to comment on the remaining ones but it would be easier for every reader if you would post some pictures and sources or references to follow.

I don't think that everybody would want to investigate some items but I'm sure everybody will say "yes" or "no" on some things when they see some images and short descriptions.

Eventually it might also be clever to drop some tickets on your items that are not on my list (because those are already "ticketed") to allow the Captain Sim staff to work with them.

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #21 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
You are saying the -200 did not have such a pressurization panel? Interesting. I'm very interested in some good 727 docs, you've mentioned them. Would be nice to see a link or something.

Not true! Many of the -200 had the old style pressure control panel.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #22 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Maybe Lou can tell, doesn't seem to be that important, this little switch.

This switch was used by maintenance during ground tests.
It was used to by-pass certain takeoff warnings which no pilot would do... Wink

IP Logged

SWA4420

R/W C172 Pilot, Captain,
SWVA NorCal

Reply #23 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Regarding sounds (avionics, etc.) - you can substitute another sound pack.  I'm currently using the HJG 'B727-100 Early' sound pack, and it's pretty good.  It's free, and can be found at http://simviation.com/hjg/sounds/boeing.htm

(I've also tried the DF 727 for FS9's sounds, and they also work....still missing the trim wheel sounds, but the rest is good).

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #24 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Thanks for your input guys.

IP Logged

simbiosi

Reply #25 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 10:18am
Print Post  
On the  FLIGHT ENGINEER UPPER PANEL
the animation and function swicth of "External Power Switch" dosen't work and the light of  External Power Connected Light (Clear) is always on.
This is very important I think.

I hope they can fix the majority of those bug because  i think this is a very great aircraft for FSX you really fill to be in office.  Wink
And is still an aicraft used this days for short leg nad give lot's of work.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #26 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 4:17am
Print Post  
External power off

External power connected

External power on

the animation and function swicth of "External Power Switch" dosen't work and the light of  External Power Connected Light (Clear) is always on.
I can't double your findings, simbiosi. That switch and functions is working fine on the 727.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #27 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 6:36am
Print Post  
I'm with CoolP on the External Power light. When External Power is OFF the light still looks like it is ON. Looking at the images that he has shown in his post, you can see a difference in the brightness between ON and OFF, although it does look like the light bulb is glowing. It is much clearer when you get in close like in the images, not as noticeable from further away.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #28 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
One unmistakable sign of turning the external power on is the smell of fresh coffee coming from the galley then.  Smiley

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #29 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Mark wrote...

I'm with CoolP on the External Power light. When External Power is OFF the light still looks like it is ON. Looking at the images that he has shown in his post, you can see a difference in the brightness between ON and OFF, although it does look like the light bulb is glowing. It is much clearer when you get in close like in the images, not as noticeable from further away.

The neon light only shows that the EP (external power) plug is connected. BOTH METERS & ESSENTAIL SELECTORS ARE SELECTED TO EP!

Before closing (ON) the EP switch you must check the volts & freqs.
Selecting the switch to ON or ground service connects the EP to the aircraft busses. You then select Essential power to external to power all the busses.

Here you see the external power is plugged in but the switch is off and both the meter selector [lower] and essential power selector are selected to external power, yet the meter [lower] is showing nothing. This is not correct for the meter selector- the meter selector should show something! The essential power should show nothing as it is indeed not powered - hence the red light for failure.

You must be able to select the meter switch to the external source to check it's volts and freqs before powering the aircraft. The meters should show volts & freqs (~120volts & ~400 cycles). I went over to the 707 and it's the same problem.

The external switch is a magnetic switch which has logic. The logic is that no two sources can power the plane at the same time. If EP is selected and you start an engine and close the generator switch (MGR main generator relay) the EP trips. If you close the AGR (aux generator relay - APU) the external switch trips or the engine trips, which ever is powering the aircraft. Same on the 707.

NOTE: I am not able to get the external switch to stay up (ON). I get it to snap up, but it returns to off and will not stay engaged.  Huummmmmm?????

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #30 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
I get it to snap up, but it returns to off and will not stay engaged.  Huummmmmm?????
Might sound crazy to you, Lou, but try to alter your click technique. I experience this behavior on various switches around the flight deck and if I click somehow slow the switches stay where I like them to.

Try to click and hold the mouse button shortly.

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #31 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
Maybe this isn't so important: I have started a thread about it; Pushback and turns aren't possible? As I say in my new thread I had installed Rob berengredts' gauge to be able to do this: I like to start my flights as realistically as possible from the gate...But turns aren't possible. Undecided

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #32 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
I get it to snap up, but it returns to off and will not stay engaged.  Huummmmmm?????
Mine works fine. It wont stay up if there isn't any External Power (of course), but if I do have EP the switch goes up and stays up.

Maybe this isn't so important: I have started a thread about it; Pushback and turns aren't possible? As I say in my new thread I had installed Rob berengredts' gauge to be able to do this: I like to start my flights as realistically as possible from the gate...But turns aren't possible.

Have you tried using the Ship+P+1 (for left) or Shift+P+2 (for right)? The following is from FSX help regarding pushback.

Pushback

Most of the time, the aircraft parked at a gate in Flight Simulator will be the larger planes, like the Boeing 737, Boeing 777, and the Boeing 747. These planes must be pushed back from the gate before they can taxi to the runway. In the real world, this task is accomplished by a "tug," a small tractor designed for the job. When you're parked at a gate in Flight Simulator, you'll need to have your aircraft pushed back before you can request a taxi clearance.

To get a pushback

1. Press SHIFT+P to push straight back.
     - or -
     Press SHIFT+P and then press 1 to turn the tail of the aircraft to the left as it pushes back.
     - or -
     Press SHIFT+P and then press 2 to turn the tail of the aircraft to the right as it pushes back.
  2. Press SHIFT+P again to stop moving back.

After the pushback, the ATC menu includes a Request Taxi option.

I do this on all my Captain Sim aircraft and it works fine for me.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #33 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Mark: Thanks for your reply; Yes I have studied this carefuly and have also read the help section of FSX; But my 727 doesn't like pushback turns...It pushes back only in straight  lines...That's why when I realized I had this problem I searched and found Rob Baredregts' Ground Handling gauge  which fixes this issue, But at the same time adds a very annoying brake sound. I began with this issue already in V2.2 of the 727 cap. I had all the posts in the forum,But I guess they got old and dusty and since have been deleted.

Knowing that my system struggles I just attemted again a pushback from the gate.
I loaded FSX with my default flight at the runway; Then I moved the Cessna to a gate with a tug,by choosing it via the options menu,Not by Slewing. Once ther I loaded the 727,loaded all the views and then Presses Shift+p inmediately fallowed by 1 or 2...The plane only began to move backwards...After a distance of aproximately the main gear and front gear it should beggin´to turn...?

It keeps on going straight backwards...? Undecided

I have the same issue with my Super VC10

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #34 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

If the Ground Handling Gauge is the one I think it is, I thought it had the capability to turn some of the sounds off, like the brake sound.

As for the FSX Push Back, it can take a while before it does start to turn, but I'm not sure just how long. Many time I press SHIFT+P and wait a while before pressing #1 or #2. And as long as I don't mouse click anything or press another key, this will work fine. This works on all my aircraft, the default ones and the Add-on ones. I don't understand why it doesn't work for you.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #35 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Hi Mark: The gauge is:RCBgh-50.zip:  Groundhandling gauges for FSX aircraft                #
#                                                                      #
#                        By Rob Barendregt

And it's possibel to turn  the sound down,But nnot completely; I experimented deleting the sound file and the gauge went haywire.And  Because of my accidents with mcafee and theire bug; Which by the way I finally got my compensation and a free one years' subcription...And all the formatting I've had to do to save my computer I've lost the e-mails Rob had sent me with the intructions how to reduce the brake sound, Nevertheless I don't understand why my 727 doesn't turn using default FSX commands...Can it be a memory problem? Undecided

It is true what you say Mark The distance before the plane beggins to make the turn is usually the distance between the main and front gear.
I just tried again...Loading 727 after default then moving it to agate with a pushback truck and pressing shift+p and inmediately 2...Still it only goes straight...?
I stand corrected Mark Rob gives intructions in his read me how to reduce the volume of the brakes sound.

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #36 - Nov 4th, 2010 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
I park my 727 at whichever gate I feel like. There doesn't need to be a visible pushback tug there, an invisible one will do it.

Well I did a test with the 727-100 and the pushback works, but not as well as in other aircraft. It is very slow to pushback to a 90o angle. This is probably best said as The angle of the pushback turn is very shallow when compared to other aircraft like the CS757, which has a much tighter turning angle.

The difference is that the 757 does it in about 1/3 of the distance as the 727 does. Sad

I also want to explain how I tried to see if I could make it better. I went to the [contact_points] section of the CS727-100 aircraft.cfg and changed entry number 8 (the 8th entry after the "=" sign) in the hope that it might help.
From the FSX SDK help file: 8 (180) Steering Angle The maximum angle (positive and negative) that a wheel can pivot (degrees).

[contact_points]
//point.0=1,   42.20,  0.00, -11.45, 1600, 0, 1.323, 45.00, 0.6, 1.30, 0.6, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 230.0, 270.0
point.0=1,   42.20,  0.00, -11.45, 1600, 0, 1.323, 70.00, 0.6, 1.30, 0.6, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 230.0, 270.0

In the highlighted area above 45o is the original and 70o is my change. It made no difference whatsoever. So unless Lou can inform us that this is true of the performance of the 727. I'll call it bug.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #37 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Nov 4th, 2010 at 7:48pm:
Hi Mark: The gauge is:RCBgh-50.zip:  Groundhandling gauges for FSX aircraft                #
#                                                                      #
#                        By Rob Barendregt

And it's possibel to turn  the sound down,But nnot completely; I experimented deleting the sound file and the gauge went haywire.And  Because of my accidents with mcafee and theire bug; Which by the way I finally got my compensation and a free one years' subcription...And all the formatting I've had to do to save my computer I've lost the e-mails Rob had sent me with the intructions how to reduce the brake sound, Nevertheless I don't understand why my 727 doesn't turn using default FSX commands...Can it be a memory problem? Undecided

It is true what you say Mark The distance before the plane beggins to make the turn is usually the distance between the main and front gear.
I just tried again...Loading 727 after default then moving it to agate with a pushback truck and pressing shift+p and inmediately 2...Still it only goes straight...?
I stand corrected Mark Rob gives intructions in his read me how to reduce the volume of the brakes sound.

Are you pressing shift+p then 1 or 2 on the number pad or the top row?  If you are pressing the number pad and your num lock is off, then I think it won't work.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #38 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Hi Mark: Yes it doesn't make a difference;Thanks for your research! Smiley

audiohavok;Thanks for joining in this quest. I did as yoou adviced...My Num Lock was on...I am using the top row numbers,not NumPad numbers. Still didn't help...? Pushed back straight. The pushback says one has to press Shift+P Inmediately fallowed by 1 or 2; I don't know if I can draw a gun much faster than I'm pressing 1or2  Wink;
Anyway I installed Robs' Pushback and Taxi gauge last night and it seems to be doing the job; Oh and Mark The intructions of how to get rid of the annoying brake sound were on the "readme" file;So i didn't loose them after all. I applied the changes and it works.Even with Robs' gauge the turning radius is enormous

Bernardo Grin

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #39 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
audiohavoc wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:35am:
Are you pressing shift+p then 1 or 2 on the number pad or the top row?  If you are pressing the number pad and your num lock is off, then I think it won't work.
I do it by pressing Shift+P then 1 or 2 on the top row (not the numpad 1 or 2). There is definitely something wrong with the pushback on the 727 when compared to the rest of my FSX aircraft (default or add-on). If you have the 727 at Gate where backing out is going to be a squeeze, there is no way it will turn much before you have stop it. In that kind of situation, your best bet would be to either park at a better Gate or use the slew command to turn the 727.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #40 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
HI Mark: That is true; I agree. something is definately wrong with the pushback sequence of the 727. I do the same with my default or other addons Shift+P then 1 or2 depending whicch way you want to turn. But my 727-100 V2.4 only goes on straight lines as I've been saying.

...Now even after installing Robs' gauge the turn ratio is enormous,even after setting it at 90º
So there's still work to be done...Or we could just slew as you suggest?

I just checked again and the turning angle si wrong,even using Robs' gauge; As you say Mark

[quote]
[contact_points]
//point.0=1,   42.20,  0.00, -11.45, 1600, 0, 1.323, 45.00, 0.6, 1.30, 0.6, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 230.0, 270.0
point.0=1,   42.20,  0.00, -11.45, 1600, 0, 1.323, 70.00, 0.6, 1.30, 0.6, 4.0, 4.0, 0, 230.0, 270.0

Didn't make any difference,Robs' gauge isn't either; So I canonly guess that the code is completely wrong in the 727-100; Hope Lou has a look at this?

<div class=
IP Logged

ce_zeta

Reply #41 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Please verify this, if is a bug or a corrupted installation.

When the taxi and landing lights are off, continue the light´s reflections in the fuselage.

IP Logged

CaptH

Reply #42 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
i was just wondering if the trim issue has been taken care of by any update. i'm referring to the one this real world 727 pilot is talking about in his review on this product.

http://airlinersim.blogspot.com/2009/03/captain-sim-727-captain.html

thanks,
CaptH

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #43 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Haven't had any trim problems so far.
I can only think of some guys using an acceleration setting in the FSX options which therefor repeats the command very fast or they have some custom FSUIPC or whatever (Joystick software for example) settings which interfere with the original trim response on this bird.

I'm using the standard key command of FSX, bound to joystick buttons. No big acceleration set and no custom settings at FSUIPC configured and she trims just fine.

What's your setup then?

IP Logged

TedStriker

Reply #44 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I installed version 2.4 but I found that I still needed to install a lot of the mods posted here and at avsim, specifically the cfg fix to slow down the trimming speed, the EPR fix, the altimeter rollover fix, and the don't sink fix. I don't see these bugs listed in this thread, so I am wondering if I didn't install version 2.4 correctly. Would someone tell me if version 2.4 corrected these items from the mod1.1 on this forum and the version 2.3 mods from avsim?
Thanks,
Ted

IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #45 - Dec 4th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
TedStriker wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:42pm:
I installed version 2.4 but I found that I still needed to install a lot of the mods posted here and at avsim, specifically the cfg fix to slow down the trimming speed, the EPR fix, the altimeter rollover fix, and the don't sink fix. I don't see these bugs listed in this thread, so I am wondering if I didn't install version 2.4 correctly. Would someone tell me if version 2.4 corrected these items from the mod1.1 on this forum and the version 2.3 mods from avsim?
Thanks,
Ted

Ted -

No, you are correct. I reinstalled some of the 2.3 mods to fix probs with 2.4 (altitude rollover, MDA light, don't sink...)

I also get no cockpit sounds, no matter what I do (reload the plane, set soundoffwhenslew=0 you name it).

IP Logged

TedStriker

Reply #46 - Dec 5th, 2010 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Thanks Matt, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with my machine before I submitted the list of issues.
Ted

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #47 - Dec 8th, 2010 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
I haven't checked the MDA light so far (had my eyes somewhere I think) but are we still having the problem with "don't sink" and the altimeter rollover?

I can't remember experiencing them in 2.4 but I might have been distracted on those two too of course.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #48 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
CoolP,

I fixed the "Don't Sink" by going into the FSX directory and I just renamed the "Don't Sink" voice to .old that got rid of the voice, but it really should not be giving this warning on landing. The "Don't Sink" is a takeoff warning only. It was designed to warn of any less then positive climb after takeoff. An example would be an engine failure on takeoff resulting in a negative rate of climb.

Lou

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #49 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Thanks LOU. It was a good solution.
Sanal Smiley

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #50 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hi, Lou.

Maybe I did this small modification a long time ago and can't remember it but I didn't have any "don't sink" since a long time.
I have to look up my flight sim files later.

I was just asking if the mentioned problems are still present in the 2.4 model.
As you see, my memory plays tricks on me as I can't remember MDA light or altitude rollover problems too on this version and therefor the are not on the list.

The shortest way for people still getting annoyed by this stuff would be a ticket and a small report in this thread that one is on the way.
If this stuff is still present, then the real solution towards it aren't user modifications but a small fix from the company of course.

The current "fix" for don't sink is a workaround only (and therefor needs a real fix) as it disables the sound, so you don't get the right warnings after takeoff too while you just suppress hearing the wrong ones at the approach.
So the sound trigger is still active but you just don't hear a thing.
Maybe they can make it more throttle depended because you have a more or less full throttle setting at takeoff while you are far lower at the approach.

I applaud to every user for reprogramming gauges (rollover fix and MDA) or asking himself how to fix "don't sink", that's for sure.
But if 2.5 will make this stuff obsolete (because all things got company fixed, as a consequence from the mentioned tickets), it would be perfect.

IP Logged

TedStriker

Reply #51 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I definitely had to apply the altitude rollover fix and the don't sink fix to 2.4. I also applied the new flight model, EPR, MDA light and a few gauge fixes I found out there.

It seems that the don't sink warning is tied to the throttle. As long as I stay at or above glide slope I am OK. If I get below and have to add more power, I get the "don't sink". It goes away after I back off the throttle.

Ted

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #52 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 6:32am
Print Post  
I changed a couple of lines in the aircraft.cfg for the "don't sink" warning:

What is the "altitude rollover" problem?

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #53 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
A problem which can be seen quite often on the analog gauges, not only CS ones.
Mainly a problem of the actual time a new number "rolls over" to show your current altitude.

Being at e. g. 12900ft might give you 13900 showing up because the thousands already rolled while the hundreds are behind.
This happen here and there, so coming down from 10.000 and going to 9.900 could be a problem too.
Strange fact: as some digital gauges use the rollover effect too, they suffer from the same problem which really becomes one if you stay at that altitude where the rollever wants to happen but can't because you are not descending or climbing.

Might be that I got used to this flaw when climbing or descending on the 727 but I had it lately on another plane where I tried to stay at 13.000 and got "13900" all the time (the "3" already was fully established, no sign of the still 10% active "2").
So the actual test scenario is one where the thousands or ten thousands should roll over to a new number. The direction doesn't matter, just try to fly at e. g. 10.000 or 20.000 and watch the numbers when going slightly up or down.

Maybe some of this behavior is intended (for some unknown reason) but I usually expect it to happen like on an old automobile. The numbers roll over slowly, so 25.000 miles or something give you a half view on the 2 and the 3 on the first digit.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #54 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks CoolP.

I know what it means now. Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #55 - Dec 13th, 2010 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Ok, I'm glad. Next time I give you a long explanation then.  Cheesy

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #56 - Mar 11th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
I've edited the DME/independant FO side issue.

My wish is to have the setup like on the current 1.3 707, where you have both DME values visible on every side.
The current 727 looks like this.

Same DME value doubled.

It would be nice to have this.

Both DME values visible.

Independent DME readings on each side

User modification, no official support from CS available!

To make the two DME readings on each side more useful, you can alter some settings in the panel.cfg and achieve some independent readings, like on the 707 in version 1.3.
See the pictures to spot the difference. The first one shows you the current setup, so you can read the Nav1 DME twice while the Nav2 DME only can be seen on the FO's side.
The second one gives you the Nav1 DME in the RMI and the Nav2 DME in the DME gauge (digital), so both DME readings are visible at once.

To enable the "switched" setup, just open the panel.cfg of the corresponding model and look into [VCockpit01]
There's a line
gauge27=..\..\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.L15!L15_001_dme,      499,799, 90,30
alter all "L" to "R" here, giving you
gauge27=..\..\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.R15!R15_001_dme,      499,799, 90,30

Next, the other way around, [VCockpit07] and this line
gauge22=..\..\CS_B727-100\panel\Captain_Sim.p721.R15!R15_001_dme,      499,799, 90,30
alter all "R" to "L" there.

So you mainly exchange the gauges and their reference reading (Nav1 and 2), no big deal. Works fine, as you can see above.

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #57 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 6:20am
Print Post  
Maybe already mentioned but these stick out in my memory:

1.  No stick shaker stall warning when stall test is activated and no stick shaker sound prior to stall.

2.  No takeoff config warning horn.

3.  No landing gear config warning horn (might be there but I don't recall).

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #58 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your input.  Smiley

1.  No stick shaker stall warning when stall test is activated and no stick shaker sound prior to stall.
Did this 727 setup actually have stick shakers?
Ok, just looked it up in the manuals, you are right of course.
Quote:
The stall warning system components are as follows: an angle of airflow sensor, a flap position transmitter, a stall warning computer,  a control column  shaker motor and a  landing gear safety  (oleo "squat") switch circuit.

2.  No takeoff config warning horn.
Did it have this item? The 707 did though and I couldn't make it work there (have to add this to the list, I guess).

3.  No landing gear config warning horn (might be there but I don't recall).
Can't remember hearing it too, but there's a cutout lever, so it should be there.

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #59 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 at 3:59pm:
Thanks for your input.  Smiley

1.  No stick shaker stall warning when stall test is activated and no stick shaker sound prior to stall.
Did this 727 setup actually have stick shakers?

2.  No takeoff config warning horn.
Did it have this item? The 707 did though and I couldn't make it work there (have to add this to the list, I guess).

3.  No landing gear config warning horn (might be there but I don't recall).
Can't remember hearing it too, but there's a cutout lever, so it should be there.

According to a 727 pilot's review of the Captain Sim 727 for FSX, these are missing features.  I don't know if they were options or available equipment from the start though, but considering that the CS 727 has a stall test and a gear cutout horn, it should at least have those systems functioning.  The takeoff warning alarm would be nice to have too.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #60 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
1. I've just edited my question towards the stick shaker. You are right there.

2. I think the TO warning system like on the 707 isn't implemented here though.

3. Absolutely agreed, if the cutout lever is there, the horn has to be too.

I will edit the list with the shaker and gear warning items, thanks for the input there.
Edited:
I've marked all newer items as "edited".

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #61 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 at 4:57pm:
1. I've just edited my question towards the stick shaker. You are right there.

2. I think the TO warning system like on the 707 isn't implemented here though.

3. Absolutely agreed, if the cutout lever is there, the horn has to be too.

I will edit the list with the shaker and gear warning items, thanks for the input there.
Edited:
I've marked all newer items as "edited".

THANKS! And thank you for being proactive and taking an initiative in getting these issues resolved.  If CS fixes all of these issues, then the 727 will be near perfect with the flight model mod.

IP Logged

jcmmg

Reply #62 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Hi all!

Captain Sim Team: Thanks for such a great product. I like it very much but I also have a mixed feeling.

This is my first ever Captain Sim addon, and I was looking forward to it, since you are a well known company and 727 is just a living classic.

I got it yesterday thinking that it was a fully developed plane (I have the 2.4 version) but I've encountered almost every bug explained on this thread (plus the lack of smoke effect). As a result I wan't to ask, Is there a servipack to solve all this bugs? How long is going to take?

This bugs are not critical but they are affecting the way I like to fly this plane.

Thanks for the opportunity write you,

Best wishes,

Julio

MoBo: Asus P5Q Pro|Processor: Intel E8500 OC 4.2 GHz|Memory: 4 GB Kingston HyperX 1066|BFG Nvidia 9800 GTX + O|SB X-Fi Xtreme Music|FSX Pro + Acc (SP all)|WIN7 64

IP Logged

Virtual_Captain

Reply #63 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I just bought the 727 myself last night...she is a real beauty.

IMO, the remaining bugs do not really detract from operating and enjoying this aircraft.  That said, I still tried to fix some of these little issues.

So far I have fixed the non functioning heading select switch in the vc.  All it took was some hex editing and now it works perfectly.  I'll post the fix in a separate thread eventually.  I also want to get CS's approval first.

I will see if I can fix any of the other bugs as well.  For the smoke issue, all you have to do is press "i" to get the black smoke.  I'll probably make an xml gauge that automatically triggers this.

IP Logged

jcmmg

Reply #64 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
That said, I still tried to fix some of these little issues.

So far I have fixed the non functioning heading select switch in the vc.  All it took was some hex editing and now it works perfectly.  I'll post the fix in a separate thread eventually.

For the smoke issue, all you have to do is press "i" to get the black smoke.

Thanks for your replay, I like the idea of being a proactive user, sadly I' don't have any knowledge on hex editing or other skill to make things better! Wink Roll Eyes never is to late to start learning Huh

About the smoke I was sure that it was something really basic that I haven't spot!!! Embarrassed because I couldn't find anything on this forum!

Clear skies,

Julio

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #65 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hi, Julio.  Smiley

Quote:
I got it yesterday thinking that it was a fully developed plane (I have the 2.4 version) but I've encountered almost every bug explained on this thread (plus the lack of smoke effect).

That's a matter of fact since the list was done with the 2.4 plane. So the next update will be 2.5 and, as you can read from Tanya, they will take the list into account there.
I'd like to see them fixed too, but it doesn't stop me from using the 727 so far.

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Reply #66 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
How long do I have to wait for the sounds to be fixed, I mean really as much as I appriciate this thread and subject matter seems like it will never be fixed.

So far as reloading the 727...........Sometimes I will forget to double load it. During or after takeoff I notice that I do not have the sounds enabled. Can I reselect the 727 from the FSX menu? I think the few times I tried it didn't work.

IP Logged

CE-123-Danny

Reply #67 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
tell me about it Sad I love the aircraft but the endless list of problems is just disgraceful. I hate having to reload the aircraft twice so that stuff works and with the amount of aircraft i have in my list this process can take at least 15minutes :S

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #68 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Did you guys try this solution? http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1264321545/84#84
Works fine here.

IP Logged

Virtual_Captain

Reply #69 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Apparently the reload requirement is not only necessary for the sounds to work, but also required in order to properly restore the saved cockpit status. i.e. switch positions

Here's a quick test to prove it:
-start a new flight and turn OFF all of the hydraulic switches on the overhead panel.
-Save flight and exit fsx
-start fsx and load flight...switches will be back in the ON position.
-re-load saved flight....now switches will be in the OFF position as you had saved them.

I wonder what other variables are not properly restored upon the first load.....

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #70 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Must admit that I never used the saved state on the 727 so far.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #71 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm:
Apparently the reload requirement is not only necessary for the sounds to work, but also required in order to properly restore the saved cockpit status. i.e. switch positions

-start a new flight and turn OFF all of the hydraulic switches on the overhead panel.
-re-load saved flight....now switches will be in the OFF position as you had saved them.

I wonder what other variables are not properly restored upon the first load.....

Like CoolP, I have not saved mid-flight, or at any point after first loading the 727, lately, to see if it does that.
But if that's what gets it back to a saved panel state, it's better than nothing. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #72 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm:

truth is that it happens with any plane in FSX. Even with default. some switches dont want to restore posotions after first load.

I had a sound problem but i fixed as i written on this forum.

Loss of avionics dont need to be fixed - it only apears if you havent break in generators before APU shutdown. Proper way to shutdown apu shown on video with cold n dark start. i'll post another topic Smiley

IP Logged

MarkA

Reply #73 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 11:56am
Print Post  
TedStriker wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:42pm:
Thanks,
Ted

Can someone tell me where to find the altimeter rollover fix? I searched the forum here but to no avail.

Thx
Mark

Ted -

No, you are correct. I reinstalled some of the 2.3 mods to fix probs with 2.4 (altitude rollover, MDA light, don't sink...)

I also get no cockpit sounds, no matter what I do (reload the plane, set soundoffwhenslew=0 you name it). [/quote]

IP Logged

VeryBumpy

Reply #74 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Problem 18: VOR beep tone sound works for me. Have you turned on Voice for the proper Nav channel on the Engineer panel?

See RH lower of this pic.

Also, like last poster, where can I find this altimeter rollover fix? thanks

IP Logged

Robinhood

Reply #75 - Sep 13th, 2013 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Have been fooling with this 727 for a few weeks and many problems occur. Support keeps telling me it has been covered in the forums. I have done everything they list and still , no cabin announcements . I reload the aircraft and they work off and on. Most of time when I reload the aircaraft fsx stops working altopgether and I have to start it again. It has to be something with this aircraft as I had not had any problems with fsx for a few years. I removed the 727 twice, re installed still same thing happens .  When I remove it fsx operates great as usual. Any help would be appreciated, I will be very cautious about purchasing any others from them, tech support just keeps referring me back to the forum .

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #76 - Sep 14th, 2013 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Robinhood wrote on Sep 13th, 2013 at 6:22pm:
Have been fooling with this 727 for a few weeks and many problems occur. Support keeps telling me it has been covered in the forums. I have done everything they list and still , no cabin announcements . I reload the aircraft and they work off and on. Most of time when I reload the aircaraft fsx stops working altopgether and I have to start it again. It has to be something with this aircraft as I had not had any problems with fsx for a few years. I removed the 727 twice, re installed still same thing happens .  When I remove it fsx operates great as usual. Any help would be appreciated, I will be very cautious about purchasing any others from them, tech support just keeps referring me back to the forum .

What OS are you using? Windows 8? I can't get the Cabin Announcement and some other sounds to work in FSX in Window 8. Not even reloading the aircraft helps get them back. You need to understand that in the System Requirements for the 727 Captain, Windows XP SP2 and Vista SP1 are supported, but it also works fine in Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit). Windows 8 is different, and for some it works and others it doesn't.

I have not installed FSX and the Captain Sim addons in Windows 8.1 Preview to see if it works any better than in Windows 8. I'm going to wait until Windows 8.1 is released to the public, in October, before I try them in it. Only because there might be differences between the 8.1 Preview and the full 8.1 release. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top