Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
 25 List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed (Read 56729 times)
CoolP

Re: List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Reply #60 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
1. I've just edited my question towards the stick shaker. You are right there.

2. I think the TO warning system like on the 707 isn't implemented here though.

3. Absolutely agreed, if the cutout lever is there, the horn has to be too.

I will edit the list with the shaker and gear warning items, thanks for the input there.
Edited:
I've marked all newer items as "edited".

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #61 - Mar 12th, 2011 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Mar 12th, 2011 at 4:57pm:
1. I've just edited my question towards the stick shaker. You are right there.

2. I think the TO warning system like on the 707 isn't implemented here though.

3. Absolutely agreed, if the cutout lever is there, the horn has to be too.

I will edit the list with the shaker and gear warning items, thanks for the input there.
Edited:
I've marked all newer items as "edited".

THANKS! And thank you for being proactive and taking an initiative in getting these issues resolved.  If CS fixes all of these issues, then the 727 will be near perfect with the flight model mod.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

jcmmg

Reply #62 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Hi all!

Captain Sim Team: Thanks for such a great product. I like it very much but I also have a mixed feeling.

This is my first ever Captain Sim addon, and I was looking forward to it, since you are a well known company and 727 is just a living classic.

I got it yesterday thinking that it was a fully developed plane (I have the 2.4 version) but I've encountered almost every bug explained on this thread (plus the lack of smoke effect). As a result I wan't to ask, Is there a servipack to solve all this bugs? How long is going to take?

This bugs are not critical but they are affecting the way I like to fly this plane.

Thanks for the opportunity write you,

Best wishes,

Julio

MoBo: Asus P5Q Pro|Processor: Intel E8500 OC 4.2 GHz|Memory: 4 GB Kingston HyperX 1066|BFG Nvidia 9800 GTX + O|SB X-Fi Xtreme Music|FSX Pro + Acc (SP all)|WIN7 64

IP Logged

Virtual_Captain

Reply #63 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I just bought the 727 myself last night...she is a real beauty.

IMO, the remaining bugs do not really detract from operating and enjoying this aircraft.  That said, I still tried to fix some of these little issues.

So far I have fixed the non functioning heading select switch in the vc.  All it took was some hex editing and now it works perfectly.  I'll post the fix in a separate thread eventually.  I also want to get CS's approval first.

I will see if I can fix any of the other bugs as well.  For the smoke issue, all you have to do is press "i" to get the black smoke.  I'll probably make an xml gauge that automatically triggers this.

IP Logged

jcmmg

Reply #64 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
That said, I still tried to fix some of these little issues.

So far I have fixed the non functioning heading select switch in the vc.  All it took was some hex editing and now it works perfectly.  I'll post the fix in a separate thread eventually.

For the smoke issue, all you have to do is press "i" to get the black smoke.

Thanks for your replay, I like the idea of being a proactive user, sadly I' don't have any knowledge on hex editing or other skill to make things better! Wink Roll Eyes never is to late to start learning Huh

About the smoke I was sure that it was something really basic that I haven't spot!!! Embarrassed because I couldn't find anything on this forum!

Clear skies,

Julio

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #65 - Jul 6th, 2011 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hi, Julio.  Smiley

Quote:
I got it yesterday thinking that it was a fully developed plane (I have the 2.4 version) but I've encountered almost every bug explained on this thread (plus the lack of smoke effect).

That's a matter of fact since the list was done with the 2.4 plane. So the next update will be 2.5 and, as you can read from Tanya, they will take the list into account there.
I'd like to see them fixed too, but it doesn't stop me from using the 727 so far.

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Reply #66 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
How long do I have to wait for the sounds to be fixed, I mean really as much as I appriciate this thread and subject matter seems like it will never be fixed.

So far as reloading the 727...........Sometimes I will forget to double load it. During or after takeoff I notice that I do not have the sounds enabled. Can I reselect the 727 from the FSX menu? I think the few times I tried it didn't work.

IP Logged

CE-123-Danny

Reply #67 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
tell me about it Sad I love the aircraft but the endless list of problems is just disgraceful. I hate having to reload the aircraft twice so that stuff works and with the amount of aircraft i have in my list this process can take at least 15minutes :S

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #68 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Did you guys try this solution? http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1264321545/84#84
Works fine here.

IP Logged

Virtual_Captain

Reply #69 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Apparently the reload requirement is not only necessary for the sounds to work, but also required in order to properly restore the saved cockpit status. i.e. switch positions

Here's a quick test to prove it:
-start a new flight and turn OFF all of the hydraulic switches on the overhead panel.
-Save flight and exit fsx
-start fsx and load flight...switches will be back in the ON position.
-re-load saved flight....now switches will be in the OFF position as you had saved them.

I wonder what other variables are not properly restored upon the first load.....

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #70 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Must admit that I never used the saved state on the 727 so far.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #71 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm:
Apparently the reload requirement is not only necessary for the sounds to work, but also required in order to properly restore the saved cockpit status. i.e. switch positions

-start a new flight and turn OFF all of the hydraulic switches on the overhead panel.
-re-load saved flight....now switches will be in the OFF position as you had saved them.

I wonder what other variables are not properly restored upon the first load.....

Like CoolP, I have not saved mid-flight, or at any point after first loading the 727, lately, to see if it does that.
But if that's what gets it back to a saved panel state, it's better than nothing. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #72 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Virtual_Captain wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 8:36pm:

truth is that it happens with any plane in FSX. Even with default. some switches dont want to restore posotions after first load.

I had a sound problem but i fixed as i written on this forum.

Loss of avionics dont need to be fixed - it only apears if you havent break in generators before APU shutdown. Proper way to shutdown apu shown on video with cold n dark start. i'll post another topic Smiley

IP Logged

MarkA

Reply #73 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 11:56am
Print Post  
TedStriker wrote on Dec 4th, 2010 at 4:42pm:
I installed version 2.4 but I found that I still needed to install a lot of the mods posted here and at avsim, specifically the cfg fix to slow down the trimming speed, the EPR fix, the altimeter rollover fix, and the don't sink fix. I don't see these bugs listed in this thread, so I am wondering if I didn't install version 2.4 correctly. Would someone tell me if version 2.4 corrected these items from the mod1.1 on this forum and the version 2.3 mods from avsim?
Thanks,
Ted

Can someone tell me where to find the altimeter rollover fix? I searched the forum here but to no avail.

Thx
Mark

Ted -

No, you are correct. I reinstalled some of the 2.3 mods to fix probs with 2.4 (altitude rollover, MDA light, don't sink...)

I also get no cockpit sounds, no matter what I do (reload the plane, set soundoffwhenslew=0 you name it). [/quote]

IP Logged

VeryBumpy

Reply #74 - Sep 2nd, 2013 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Problem 18: VOR beep tone sound works for me. Have you turned on Voice for the proper Nav channel on the Engineer panel?

See RH lower of this pic.

Also, like last poster, where can I find this altimeter rollover fix? thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top