Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed (Read 56728 times)
CoolP

Re: List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Reply #15 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 5:32am
Print Post  
I will correct this, thanks Lou.
Nice finding about the spelling, I will add this point to replace my tailskid description.

Joe, glad to have you in the list thread.

1- I really miss the stab trim noise;

2- It`s missing the altitude alert sound. The light is ok, but the noise is a must;

Some sounds of the 727 can be enabled if you load the pane a second time. The Alt alert is one of them. See point 1 of my list, that's a known bug.

3- The pressurization panel is mainly the -100. I really don`t know if there is any -200 with that panel. And it`s true, it`s not working at all.
You are saying the -200 did not have such a pressurization panel? Interesting. I'm very interested in some good 727 docs, you've mentioned them. Would be nice to see a link or something.

4- One thing that is weird, in principle, is flight dynamics.
Your point 4 is one thing I wanted to add to the list but I let go for some reason.
The main thing is that Captain Sim delivers the performance data of a very early 727-100 on all models (-200 and Freighter too).
So you have the smallest available engine in this bird and no later thrust improvement enabled. Especially the -200 and Freighter variants struggle with this fact and the only workaround is to edit the thrust by yourself.

5- Max epr is too low.
The EPR values of the engine model aren't a good basis for judging about the actual performance here.
Captain Sim uses the default FSX model and this causes all EPR stuff to be far off from any realistic values. "N" values are better here, same on the 707.

6- With power down to idle, lg retracted, theres a loud noise that the FE should reset by pulling a lever. In real life, the FE should antecipate the pilot comand to idle and pull the lever before the annoyng buzz come up. In my trainning days I`d have to pay some beers to the pilots for forgeting to do that.
Do you describe the gear warning in point 6?

Thanks for your help on this, finally some life in the 727 list and I can tell you guys that the 757 and 767 list will be the biggest one of all, so keep up your motivation.  Cool

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #16 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Thank you all for input.

#1 - The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 2930.

#2 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6221 was aadded to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6221.

#3 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6222 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6222.

#5 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6223 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6223.

#6 - fixed, manual will be replaced with the next SP.

#7 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6224 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6224.

#8 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6225 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6225.

#9 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6226 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6226.

#10 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6227 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6227.

#18 - Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 6228 was added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in  to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 6228.

For other issues please submit tickets.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #17 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Wow, you've just saved me plenty of time here. I always got sick when thinking about all those tickets needed and now you've just copied the items.

Great work, Captain Sim. Big thanks here.

Prepare for the 757 and 767, won't be easy, I can tell. Just give me a day or two and they will be online with pictures.  Cool

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #18 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Ok, first of all anther thanks from me for the service.

You've mixed up item 17 and (the non existent) 18, Tanya. No problem, the KB thing is right on it.

So the remain items are

4. There are "EPR set knobs" and you can use them of course but the manual states that they are driven automatically when pushed in.
I personally still wonder.

11. What is the "Flight Control Warning Test Switch" supposed to do? I can't find a description in the manuals.
Maybe Lou can tell, doesn't seem to be that important, this little switch.

12. You can't set up the VOR tone identifiers to be heard anywhere.
Seems like you have to use the FSX keyboard shortcuts here.

13. There are no cockpit sounds when the avionics are on, there's no trim wheel sound, you can't hear a spoiler sound.
Suggesting the 707 sounds here, just a wish.

14. The manuals speak of some things that aren't there or called by other names in the cockpit.
Ticket issued by me.

15. The "quiet wing" placard is visible even on non-quiet planes.
Small flaw but big thing for the ACE to do this.

16. The HDG switch on the AP can only be operated in the 2D popup if you want to set it back to "off".
Still has to be issued by pulsar21.

That's about it here and on the 727. Lets look forward to 2.5 then.

IP Logged

Gabriel Silva

Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Thanks CoolP for the great thread! Hopefully we will get everything fixed by working together with Captainsim.

Here is a list of the bugs I've found after doing a flight on the 727-100 another company with the PAN American livery. I currently own only the basic package so I haven't tested all models yet.

Bugs(please ignore any items already listed on the first page):

1- Pressurization not working at all, it does not matter if it is in manual or auto mode. It looks to me as if there is no functioning outflow valves at all. The air just comes from the outside as if it was an unpressurized airplane.

2- Engine Generators only work if you keep the switch in the "up" position leaving them closed. They should pop back to the middle after closing, but if you do that you loose your electrical system after some time, that's why people have to add lines to the cfg to make the battery less forever.

3- The HSI displays the HDG FAIL flag when there are no VORs selected. It should be a NAV FLAG instead.

4- Regarding the Audio Panel, only the Flight Engineer one works, the Captain's and F/O's appears to be only a dummy panel.

5- In my system I am unable to use the pitch mode of the autopilot, only the altitude hold works, whenever I press the pitch "wheel" there is no change at all.

6- The HDG mode on the auto pilot does not come off when you engadge the NAV LOC, it has to be put off manually. It should be automatic.

7- The Flight Director sometimes is connected with the autopilot and sometimes not. It varied between my flights.

8- The Flight Director mode annunciator and the Autopilot mode annunciator are operating "together". What I mean by that is if I engadge the HDG mode on the Flight Director there is no light on the annunciator, but if I engadge the HDG mode on the autopilot the Flight Directors annunciator is the one illuminated.(I will take a screenshot of this behavior when I can)

9- The DME 2 display on the Captain's side is displaying DME 1 info.

10- The F/O's HSI is showing NAV 1 info and there is no way to change it.

11- The HDG mode button does not work in the VC.

That's it for now.

Gabriel Silva

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #20 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Thanks, Gabriel.

As you see, some, more than a few, of your items are already getting processed now.
Maybe I'll find the time to comment on the remaining ones but it would be easier for every reader if you would post some pictures and sources or references to follow.

I don't think that everybody would want to investigate some items but I'm sure everybody will say "yes" or "no" on some things when they see some images and short descriptions.

Eventually it might also be clever to drop some tickets on your items that are not on my list (because those are already "ticketed") to allow the Captain Sim staff to work with them.

Thanks for your help.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #21 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
3- The pressurization panel is mainly the -100. I really don`t know if there is any -200 with that panel. And it`s true, it`s not working at all.
You are saying the -200 did not have such a pressurization panel? Interesting. I'm very interested in some good 727 docs, you've mentioned them. Would be nice to see a link or something.

Not true! Many of the -200 had the old style pressure control panel.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #22 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
11. What is the "Flight Control Warning Test Switch" supposed to do? I can't find a description in the manuals.
Maybe Lou can tell, doesn't seem to be that important, this little switch.

This switch was used by maintenance during ground tests.
It was used to by-pass certain takeoff warnings which no pilot would do... Wink

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

SWA4420

R/W C172 Pilot, Captain,
SWVA NorCal

Reply #23 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Regarding sounds (avionics, etc.) - you can substitute another sound pack.  I'm currently using the HJG 'B727-100 Early' sound pack, and it's pretty good.  It's free, and can be found at http://simviation.com/hjg/sounds/boeing.htm

(I've also tried the DF 727 for FS9's sounds, and they also work....still missing the trim wheel sounds, but the rest is good).

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #24 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Thanks for your input guys.

IP Logged

simbiosi

Reply #25 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 10:18am
Print Post  
On the  FLIGHT ENGINEER UPPER PANEL
the animation and function swicth of "External Power Switch" dosen't work and the light of  External Power Connected Light (Clear) is always on.
This is very important I think.

I hope they can fix the majority of those bug because  i think this is a very great aircraft for FSX you really fill to be in office.  Wink
And is still an aicraft used this days for short leg nad give lot's of work.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #26 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 4:17am
Print Post  
External power off

External power connected

External power on

the animation and function swicth of "External Power Switch" dosen't work and the light of  External Power Connected Light (Clear) is always on.
I can't double your findings, simbiosi. That switch and functions is working fine on the 727.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #27 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 6:36am
Print Post  
I'm with CoolP on the External Power light. When External Power is OFF the light still looks like it is ON. Looking at the images that he has shown in his post, you can see a difference in the brightness between ON and OFF, although it does look like the light bulb is glowing. It is much clearer when you get in close like in the images, not as noticeable from further away.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #28 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
One unmistakable sign of turning the external power on is the smell of fresh coffee coming from the galley then.  Smiley

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #29 - Nov 3rd, 2010 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Mark wrote...

I'm with CoolP on the External Power light. When External Power is OFF the light still looks like it is ON. Looking at the images that he has shown in his post, you can see a difference in the brightness between ON and OFF, although it does look like the light bulb is glowing. It is much clearer when you get in close like in the images, not as noticeable from further away.

The neon light only shows that the EP (external power) plug is connected. BOTH METERS & ESSENTAIL SELECTORS ARE SELECTED TO EP!

Before closing (ON) the EP switch you must check the volts & freqs.
Selecting the switch to ON or ground service connects the EP to the aircraft busses. You then select Essential power to external to power all the busses.

Here you see the external power is plugged in but the switch is off and both the meter selector [lower] and essential power selector are selected to external power, yet the meter [lower] is showing nothing. This is not correct for the meter selector- the meter selector should show something! The essential power should show nothing as it is indeed not powered - hence the red light for failure.

You must be able to select the meter switch to the external source to check it's volts and freqs before powering the aircraft. The meters should show volts & freqs (~120volts & ~400 cycles). I went over to the 707 and it's the same problem.

The external switch is a magnetic switch which has logic. The logic is that no two sources can power the plane at the same time. If EP is selected and you start an engine and close the generator switch (MGR main generator relay) the EP trips. If you close the AGR (aux generator relay - APU) the external switch trips or the engine trips, which ever is powering the aircraft. Same on the 707.

NOTE: I am not able to get the external switch to stay up (ON). I get it to snap up, but it returns to off and will not stay engaged.  Huummmmmm?????

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top