Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please (Read 61012 times)
flyer01

SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please
Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Hi all. Just got this pack and my gun sound stays on after I shot them.
I'm using the #1 trigger on the saltek X52.

The key space  is the same the sound stays on. is the sound looping or something?

Thank in advance.

flyer01

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Gun sound
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:25am
Print Post  
I'm using the #1 button (same as for the brakes) on my joystick, a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, for the trigger as well. The sound only occurs while I'm holding the trigger and firing the weapons (they go on an off like they should). So something isn't right on your install. Sad

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:03am
Print Post  
I have un-installed and re installed and that is not what it is.

the files my be bad from the download.

I have tryed in different planes and the same thing happens. the guns stop firing but the sound stays on. Works pretty good other than that.

How do I get some support with this?
flyer01

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Check In to Your Profile Select Product (Weapon for FSX) > Customer Support > Search KB or Submit New Ticket > Submit new ticket.

Fill in all the details about your system etc.. and submit the Ticket. Captain Sim will respond as soon as they can. Hopefully they sort it out quickly for you.

While you wait for a response (or maybe even before you submit a Ticket), you could try downloading the file from the link in your email (the download URLs will expire in 72 hours) again and install from the newly downloaded file. Sometimes that can fix issues.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:26am:
Check In to Your Profile Select Product (Weapon for FSX) > Customer Support > Search KB or Submit New Ticket > Submit new ticket.

Fill in all the details about your system etc.. and submit the Ticket. Captain Sim will respond as soon as they can. Hopefully they sort it out quickly for you.

While you wait for a response (or maybe even before you submit a Ticket), you could try downloading the file from the link in your email (the download URLs will expire in 72 hours) again and install from the newly downloaded file. Sometimes that can fix issues.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mark I will do that.

I like what I have seen in this and have been hoping that FSX would become a good combat sim. But with the sound of the guns sticking on wow. I make lots of video and would like to show this working. I no that the A2A spitfire will not work with this addon it shuts down the plane. I would like to see A2A and CS work together with this to pair up in sales or make a lost leader with the wapons pack.

Thanks for your help.

I'm flyer01 on SOH also if you go to that site.

flyer01

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
I have added this to their old Spitfire Mk1a Solo (not their latest one that I also have) and their BF109 and I'm having a ball with them. I have really been using the F/A-18 mostly though (it's speed helps a lot). Although I did manage to shoot down a 737 with my spitty. LOL

Mark

Edit: I can't post in there anymore. Something to do with spam bots. Every attempt at getting unblocked has been unsuccessful.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:26am:

Hope this helps

Mark

Hi Mark,

I have the same issue than Flyer1 with the gun sound...any fix available?
Thanks for the help,

Johan

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Add another one.  I also have the same issue with the gun sound, after the first shot a gun sound starts and does not stop.  It only happens with the guns and I'm not sure if it is even the Capt Sim Gun sound or a conflict with some other game that uses the same trigger code.

Gun firing starts and stops but the gun sound is constant.  If you switch to missles after they fire and you still hear them in the background of the constant gun sound.  The only way to stop them is to End Flight.

Hopefully someone can debug this or track it to a line in the config.
I also reported it in a ticket.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Please submitt tickets. We'll check.

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:19pm:

I try ed to put in a ticket but it would not take the ticket.

Have you found a fixs for this?

flyer01

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 11:19pm:

Alex, your ticket system doesn't work...or is it overwhelmed...?
The gun sound is a problem: it doesn't stop.
The calibration is a problem: red circle does not appear with the Ctrl+Shift+9

Please respond on the forum so everybody can benefit.

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Alex,
I just saw your video shoting the guns. The sound work like thy should.

I'v try ed putting in a ticket like you sayed as others but no joy. Angry
May I ask what system are you using on your PC for the sound to be working on the guns an not stayin on.

Need help with this Alex!

flyer01

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:38am
Print Post  
I'm going to try and put in a ticket again.

flyer01

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Still can not put in ticket.

Is it the week end and you do not work on the weekend?

I like this weapons for FSX but the sound thing is driving me---------lol.

flyer01

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
Ok so I created a short Fraps video which I uploaded to Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvDjWzM0Io

Its only 20 secs, you will see I fire 7 rounds into the ground, release the trigger and guns keep firing as I disarm.

Good luck with a solution and others can comment if the gun sounds the same as theirs.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #15 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Ticket submission is working OK, please try again or using other browser. We need info about your systems.

IP Logged

markfire

Reply #16 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Got the same problem here, system details to follow.  Great product though!!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Are ALL guns sounds glitch or some particular gun only?

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #18 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:49am:
Ticket submission is working OK, please try again or using other browser. We need info about your systems.

I am trying to submit a ticket without success. Still waiting for a solution for the gun sound. All the rest works great - Thanks

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #19 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:59pm:
Are ALL guns sounds glitch or some particular gun only?

All guns, including the vulcan.

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:49am:

That is what it was. I was not able to put in a ticket using Goole Chrome .
You have to use Internet Explorer.

Thank you for that.

I take back all the bad things I was thinking. LOL

flyer01 Smiley

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
I am also having the uncontollable gunfire sound problem.  I have tried to submit a ticket but after logging into my account 2-7-11 at 14:05 EST, when I click on the Submit new ticket link it doesn't take me anywhere.  I will keep trying, but to inform others following this thread, when I fire using the #1 button on my Saitek Aviator joystick ( I have used 2 different ones, same result) I get the firing visuals which are synchronized to pulling or releasing the button but the gun sound starts and never stops.  I tried different guns, same result.  Changing from guns to missiles or rockets has no effect.
Yes, I read the manuals.
I'll keep trying to submit a ticket but so far, no joy.

IP Logged

jagl04

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I have exactly the same problem.
I have removed the assignationg for space bar and 1button in my joistick and the problem remained the same
I have downloaded the software and reinstalled it and that did not fix.

I“ll wait for a fix for this SUPERBUG Cry

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
I was not able to put in a ticket until I  using other browser.

And that did the trick.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
As others have commented I changed browsers and then was able to submit a ticket.  Regarding the gun sound, I uninstalled Weapons, reinstalled, problem continues.

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #25 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
I'm going to try this. If you take out the Shooting part you here inside the plane . you will here the bulitts hiting the ground. I'm going to try taking that sound out and puting back in the gun sound. That may be over lapping in the cfg some how.

I will let you know if this works.

I know that people like YOYO and Ianp are not having this happen to them.
I don't know what syestm thy have.

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #26 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Hi Flyer01, yes, works fine but for only one gun, for 2 guns (SPPU-30) I sometimes noticed strange noise. I will do short video for this and will put trouble ticket.

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
flyer01 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:39pm:
I'm going to try this. If you take out the Shooting part you here inside the plane . you will here the bulitts hiting the ground. I'm going to try taking that sound out and puting back in the gun sound. That may be over lapping in the cfg some how.

I will let you know if this works.

I know that people like YOYO and Ianp are not having this happen to them.
I don't know what syestm thy have.  

This did not work eather.

I hope we can get this fixed the sound are a big part of this effect.

IP Logged

Simdad

Reply #28 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Add me to the list for both the ticket and the repeating gun sound problems.

I'm also unable to raise a ticket, because I'm using IE9 beta I suspect. I click on Raise a new ticket and nothing happens.

I test all new addons on my desktop (W7, 64 bit) before installing them on my flight sim PC (Vista, 32 bit) to ensure they run without issues. Both run Acceleration. W4FSX worked just fine on my desktop so I decided it was OK to install it on the sim, but as soon as I fired the very first shot using Ant's Tiger Moth, uh oh... the dreaded repeating gun fire sound I've been reading so much about on this forum. So I closed FSX then loaded the F-18 with W4FSX already installed... same problem. I've tried everything that's been suggested so far, but no joy.

No problem with the rocket sounds, just the guns.

I'm sure the answer lies somewhere between the differences in my two system setups, but I've no idea where to start looking.

W4FSX is easy to use and just so much fun, but not so much fun with the sound muted, so it's back to the desktop until some clever basket comes up with the answer.

Gary

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #29 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 9:38am
Print Post  
This is what I did to get the guns sound working . There still not working right but the sound is not staying on.

Go into your \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\weapon\loader\cfg

Backup your  unit data file. then open it up with notepad.

find this line ----- <Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="1.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

and change it to this.

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

Or just change the loopEnd="1.3059" to loopEnd="0.000" .

Do this to all your guns AND JUST YOUR GUNS. lol

This will Stop  the guns sound from staying on.

I had to take  this also out of the sound folder or it will stay on some time csweapon_mg_bullet_land1. wav

I hope this helps. It worked on my PC.

flyer01

CS- Please look at this and see if you can make it better.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #30 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Hi flyer01

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have strict hierarchy rules on C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86). All the FSX gurus don't recommend installing FSX to its default location on those systems. You might find that if you had installed FSX to C:\FSX, you might not have encounter those problems. Mt FSX installation is on my separate 500GB F: drive, far away from the C: drive and Windows 7's tight control over it.

Anyway, I just thought it would be worth you (and anyone else) knowing that. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #31 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:41am
Print Post  
About this error, I have something like this when I take 2 guns, for only one (like M60, M61) is ok and no problem.

See this issue: http://www.youtube.com/user/rafikst#p/a/u/0/TcGAobS6p_4

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #32 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:29am:
Hi flyer01

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have strict hierarchy rules on C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86). All the FSX gurus don't recommend installing FSX to its default location on those systems. You might find that if you had installed FSX to C:\FSX, you might not have encounter those problems. Mt FSX installation is on my separate 500GB F: drive, far away from the C: drive and Windows 7's tight control over it.

Anyway, I just thought it would be worth you (and anyone else) knowing that. Wink

Mark

I understand what your saying. only thing I have XP.

Would you send me your unit .DAT file to see if that is what it is?

flyer01
Mark, I sent in a ticket on this and have not heard anything from CS about this.
Do you know if thy are working on this?

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #33 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 4:13pm
Print Post  

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

Or just change the loopEnd="1.3059" to loopEnd="0.000" .

Do this to all your guns AND JUST YOUR GUNS. lol

This will Stop  the guns sound from staying on.

I had to take  this also out of the sound folder or it will stay on some time csweapon_mg_bullet_land1. wav

I hope this helps. It worked on my PC.

flyer01

CS- Please look at this and see if you can make it better. [/quote]

Flyer,

I implemented your solution (loopEnd="0.000") and it seems to work on my system. Thanks so much....I am still waiting for CS to respond to my ticket, which they have now received and acknowledged...So we'll see with what they are coming up with.

I have an additional question:
When I fire at AI planes, they just disappear from the screen without flames or smoke. Is there a setting in FSX that I need to change to get more realism?
Thanks for your feedback,

Johan

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #34 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hi flyer01.

I understand what your saying. only thing I have XP.
Sorry. I was sure I saw a mention of Win7 in one of your posts.

Would you send me your unit .DAT file to see if that is what it is?
Only if Captain Sim give me permission to do so. After all, I did agree to their EULA before installing their product.

I sent in a ticket on this and have not heard anything from CS about this.
Do you know if thy are working on this?

I don't know if they are working on it, but I am sure that they are working on it. I'm a bit surprised that you have not heard anything from support yet. But that old saying of "no new is good news" could apply. Meaning they are working on fixing this bug.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #35 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to build on what Johan wrote about the <Sound Name> files in CSWeapon.XML  I haven't worked with these files before, so please forgive a towering ignorance.  I did as Johan suggested, changing this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

With this change the Vulcan Cannon sound performed correctly with the button.

Next I changed this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.553" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

After this change the GSH30 sound performed correctly.

The last change I made was from this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.1" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

That change didn't help, the M60 sound still continued after releasing the button.  Now I'll really show my ignorance:  could the problem be that there is no "LoopBeg" statement?  I listened to the mg_shot1.wav file and found it was a single shot sound, so I assumed that was why there was not LoopBeg value.  If there should be a LoopBeg statement, what should the value be?

This doesn't explain why Mark hasn't had this problem but others have reported it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

PS:  After writing the above I again opened the CSWeapon.xml file and found the LoopEnd value that I had changed to "0.000" had defaulted back to "0.1"  The other statements allowed me to change the LoopEnd values, but not this one.  Is it because it is the default gun?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #36 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Hi !
I got exactly the same problem, with the gun-sound as mentioned above, and have maneged to send a "Ticket",
I was wondering if this problem, maybe is related to XP, i See that "flyer01" have XP, I got XP-Pro ?.

mos  Undecided

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #37 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
mos wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm:
Hi !
I got exactly the same problem, with the gun-sound as mentioned above, and have maneged to send a "Ticket",
I was wondering if this problem, maybe is related to XP, i See that "flyer01" have XP, I got XP-Pro ?.

mos  Undecided

I am running Windows 7 and have had the gun sound problem as well....so not related to XP

Johan

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #38 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23pm:
I'm trying to build on what Johan wrote about the <Sound Name> files in CSWeapon.XML  I haven't worked with these files before, so please forgive a towering ignorance.  I did as Johan suggested, changing this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

With this change the Vulcan Cannon sound performed correctly with the button.

Next I changed this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.553" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

After this change the GSH30 sound performed correctly.

The last change I made was from this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.1" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

That change didn't help, the M60 sound still continued after releasing the button.  Now I'll really show my ignorance:  could the problem be that there is no "LoopBeg" statement?  I listened to the mg_shot1.wav file and found it was a single shot sound, so I assumed that was why there was not LoopBeg value.  If there should be a LoopBeg statement, what should the value be?

This doesn't explain why Mark hasn't had this problem but others have reported it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

PS:  After writing the above I again opened the CSWeapon.xml file and found the LoopEnd value that I had changed to "0.000" had defaulted back to "0.1"  The other statements allowed me to change the LoopEnd values, but not this one.  Is it because it is the default gun?

Hi Trailboss,

The credit goes actually to Flyer01 for his suggestion on loopEnd="0.000". The solution is not yet perfect on all guns, I am waiting for a response on my ticket as well. I hope CS is working on it.
Thanks,

Johan

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #39 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I'm glad this is working for others.

Now that you know how to work on this just try different things.

I don't know as much abouth FSX as I do CFS3 and the Expansions. I'm going to try to see if i can get some other effects.

I will post a video of what I can do with this.

flyer01

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #40 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I received an E-Mail from CS with a new CSWeapon.dll and instructions to rename the current to old_CSWeapon.dll and instert the new .dll .

FSX recognized the new .dll and requested permission to use it but unfortunately for me it didn't do the trick so I swapped back to the original .dll file.

Waiting for the next suggestion from CS.

IP Logged

Tex

Reply #41 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Just a thought, I don't have the game, but was wondering if you checked the control settings for the button you use for the gun & make sure the "repeat" slider is all the way off (to the left".

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #42 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Hi Tex,
Good point and I had the same thought yesterday.  The default slider position for brakes is full right, so when the gun problem (continuous firing sound) occurred I tried moving it to the left.  In the left position it wouldn't fire the gun(s) at all.  I also tried the center position, same failure. 
Keep thinking!

IP Logged

mos

Re: Video: Take out the ships------------
Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:20am:
Thank you for kind comments and great video!

flyer01 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:53pm:
I will try another browser to put in a tickedt about the gun sounds not stopping after releasing the trigger and it is with all the guns.

But its doing the same thing as what the others has talked about.

We do not have the issue at our computers that's why need to know more about your system. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296900274

Hi !
I have exactly the same problem with the gun-sound as "flyer01", among other, here at the forum, have mentioned: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296900274

You wrote  ((Tanya)):
"We do not have the issue at our computers that's why need to know   more about your system".
Well I got it, and have send you a "tickets",. To me it looks like its maybe XP related ?

mos

PS: Sorry it's not related to XP, as I see Johan just wrote:

"I am running Windows 7 and have had the gun sound problem as well....so not related to XP
Johan"

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #44 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Here is my two bobs worth.

I get a sound issue, but NOT the sound going on continuously after releasing the trigger, the firing sound getting a bit distorted (M60C works fine). So far it is only happening in the AC130 (from C-130 X-perience). Can't remember if the the CS C-130 uses a sound file like the 757 and 767, but could that influence the sound in any way?

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #45 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 2:03am:
the the CS C-130 uses a sound file like the 757 and 767, but could that influence the sound in any way?

Mark, the Weapon has it's own sound engine. Not a byte from the airliners sound system.

We are working on the issue anyways.

IP Logged

mos

Re: SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please
Reply #46 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Hi !
I have reinstall.. the "Captain Sim Weapon for FSX" (with the same issue as mentioned above), I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

mos

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #47 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
mos wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
Hi !
I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

What are the files names please?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #48 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 5:02pm:
mos wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
Hi !
I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

What are the files names please?

Hi Alex !
I cant tell you exactly, I have tried again to on install, but when I come to the mentioned second part it only tells me something like, be careful.... folder Captain sim 727 Base Pack and something with Service Pack 2.4, and then  "Revo Uninstaller" freezes while surging ?, (I have tried surging manually, with no luck), but I will be back if I find out something.

mos

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #49 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim, thanks for the headsup about turning off FSX, that's what was causing values to default.  I've continued experimenting with the csweapon_mg_shot1.wav line in CSWeapon.xml  I changed the loopEnd= value to "0.0"  When I fired the M60 it then made a single shot sound, which is what the wave file is, and the rounds counter counted down as long as I held the button but no further soound.  There was no muzzle flash, however.  I then added loopBeg="0.0", arbitrarily trying different values since I was shooting in the dark (sorry for the bad pun), and then I had the single shot sound, a single muzzle flash and the rounds counted down, but it still wouldn't repeat the sound and muzzle flash to a rata-tat-tat-tat.  It's possible that with the correct loopBeg value it may work correctly.
Also, I wondered if FSX SP2 versus Acceleration is the variable that determines who has gun sound problems and who does not.  I am running SP2 and I have the sound problem.  How about you others who have reported it, and what about Mark who did not?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #50 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 12:36am
Print Post  
"Also, I wondered if FSX SP2 versus Acceleration is the variable that determines who has gun sound problems and who does not.  I am running SP2 and I have the sound problem.  How about you others who have reported it, and what about Mark who did not?"

[/quote] (((Trailboss)))

I got SP2 and Acceleration, and have the sound problem as mentioned, ........ that said,....> not related, to your wondering  Wink
(I guess).
mos

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #51 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:25am
Print Post  
I got SP2 and Acceleration.

I did get the sound to turn off when releasing the trigger as most of you know. But thy are still not working like thy should.
Until CS getts a fix for this---- I  took the sound Wav. out.
I like to hear the sound of the rounds hitting the ground / water better then the sound not working the way thy should. IMO.

Really a nice addon and fun to fly with. I'm just going to let CS find the fix. I'm no master at this.

flyer01

flyer01

IP Logged

mos

Reply #52 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
flyer01 wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:25am:
I got SP2 and Acceleration.

I did get the sound to turn off when releasing the trigger as most of you know. But thy are still not working like thy should.
Until CS getts a fix for this---- I  took the sound Wav. out.
I like to hear the sound of the rounds hitting the ground / water better then the sound not working the way thy should. IMO.

Really a nice addon and fun to fly with. I'm just going to let CS find the fix. I'm no master at this.

flyer01

flyer01

Hmmmm ! Its funny with your mods, and the gun  set up for shooting only one round every  time I hit the trigger, I actually have the sound of impact, when the rounds hitting the ground with splash and explosion as well (of course not in a jet fighter flying 600 knots) I don't hear much)), with that said, if this have been the setup from the beginning, I wouldn't have recognise any problem with the sound. at least of my system, but it seems that there is more than one variant of problems.
But I know that CS is working on it (they send me a new "CSWeapon.zip" to check out) but same problem )).
And I agree, this is "Really a nice addon and fun to fly with", hope CS find a fix.

mos

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #53 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Flyer01,
When you submitted a ticket on the sound problem did you get a confirmation from CS that they received it?  I submitted a ticket 5 days ago and never got a confirmation.
Thanks

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #54 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:36pm:
Hi Flyer01,
When you submitted a ticket on the sound problem did you get a confirmation from CS that they received it?  I submitted a ticket 5 days ago and never got a confirmation.
Thanks

It took awhile But yes I did.

flyer01

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #55 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I decided to install FSX Acceleration to improve the performance of Weapons for FSX, but instead I have lost ground.  The modifications I had made to the CSWeapon.htm file that under SP2 resolved the continuous fire sounds for the machine guns except the M60 no longer work.  Now with Acceleration all the gun sounds go non stop. After installing Acceleration I went back and manually modifed the CSWeapons.htm as I had done with SP2, changing the loopEnd files to 0.000   When I opened the F-18s and ran the different weapons (guns, missiles, rockets) the guns reverted to the old problem, the sound continuing after releasing the fire button and not stopping until I exited the flight.  I need a new solution for that problem.
I'll report this to a different forum, but just so others know, the change also resulted in the XL Load F-18s loading without landing gear. The F-18s included in Acceleration are fine, but the XLoad aircraft are screwed up. I uninstalled and reinstalled them, no improvement, no landing gear.
This is discouraging.  I'm going to submit a ticket for the landing gear problem and a new ticket on the gun sound problem but this time with Acceleration, but I have yet to receive any acknowledgement of the ticket I submitted on sound for SP2.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #56 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Hi Trailboss

I wonder why that happens? My XLoad F/A-18D's load into FSX fine. What I like about them is that you can SEE the weapons on the plane.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #57 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:40am
Print Post  
All your tickets were received and forwarded to development team, we are working on the issue.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #58 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Mark,
I got my landing gear.  A Google search turned up an answer you gave more than a year ago about someone whose CS-707 didn't have landing gear.  You suggested uninstalling and then a fresh download from the CS site and install.  That's what I did and now all versions of the F-18 show up complete.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #59 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
We've got about 10 tickets on the sound issue. That shows that sound works fine on vast majority of systems. We are checking why it does not work on these 10 systems.

So far we got no luck trying to model the sound issue on our test systems. We do suspect some possible issues with the users' systems or FSX setups.

While we looking further please double check:
- You got latest drivers installed
- You use FSX SP2 or Acceleration
- Weapon is reinstalled from a scratch with NO modifications.
- You use default F/A-18 or LX-45

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #60 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 12th, 2011 at 5:42pm:
We've got about 10 tickets on the sound issue. That shows that sound works fine on vast majority of systems. We are checking why it does not work on these 10 systems.

So far we got no luck trying to model the sound issue on our test systems. We do suspect some possible issues with the users' systems or FSX setups.

While we looking further please double check:
- You got latest drivers installed
- You use FSX SP2 or Acceleration
- Weapon is reinstalled from a scratch with NO modifications.
- You use default F/A-18 or LX-45

You got latest drivers installed

What drivers are you talking about?

flyer01

IP Logged

LawLegge

Reply #61 - Feb 14th, 2011 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Same here. Fire once and the sound continues. Have been troubleshooting a couple hours - so far no joy. Running W7 and Acceleration.   Huh

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #62 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Well, If I read this post the good news is there is only a few people have reported the problem with the gun sounds, the bad thing is I'm one of them.  
I have SP2 and Acceleration hooked up.  For addons prior to the Weapons pack, I've done a hud update on the stock F-18 to a realistic hud, a hud glass update and the refueller update, all from flightsim.com.

Don't know if any of these addons would have any influence on sound? 

Today they sent me a revised .dll that created a log text, which I've included for some of you techies to look over.  Its a bit long and I don't know when the log started and stopped. 

Source 133317776 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_mg_shot1.wav, duration: 0.434, source id: 133317776, buffer id: 133309272
Source 133317776 loop off
Source 133336808 loop off
Sound segment created. File name: \csweapon_mg_shot1.wav, duration: 0.100, min time: -1.000, max time: 0.100, source id: 133336808, buffer id: 133309360
Source 133336808 loop on
Source 133338160 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_mg_fire1.wav, duration: 1.451, source id: 133338160, buffer id: 133309432
Source 133338160 loop off
Source 133339512 loop off
Sound segment created. File name: \csweapon_mg_fire1.wav, duration: 0.507, min time: 0.046, max time: 0.553, source id: 133339512, buffer id: 133309504
Source 133339512 loop on
Source 231369600 loop off
Sound created. File name: \VulcanCannon.wav, duration: 2.937, source id: 231369600, buffer id: 133309576
Source 231369600 loop off
Source 231405904 loop off
Sound segment created. File name: \VulcanCannon.wav, duration: 0.792, min time: 0.514, max time: 1.306, source id: 231405904, buffer id: 133309648
Source 231405904 loop on
Source 231609760 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231609760, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231609760 loop off
Source 231611112 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231611112, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231611112 loop off
Source 231612464 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231612464, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231612464 loop off
Source 231613816 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231613816, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231613816 loop off
Source 231615168 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231615168, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231615168 loop off
Source 231616520 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231616520, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231616520 loop off
Source 231617872 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231617872, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231617872 loop off
Source 231619224 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 231619224, buffer id: 133340864
Source 231619224 loop off
Source 133341080 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133341080, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133341080 loop off
Source 133342456 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133342456, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133342456 loop off
Source 133343832 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133343832, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133343832 loop off
Source 133345208 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133345208, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133345208 loop off
Source 133346584 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133346584, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133346584 loop off
Source 133347960 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133347960, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133347960 loop off
Source 133349336 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133349336, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133349336 loop off
Source 133350712 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133350712, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133350712 loop off
Source 133352088 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133352088, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133352088 loop off
Source 133353464 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133353464, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133353464 loop off
Source 133354840 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133354840, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133354840 loop off
Source 133356216 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133356216, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133356216 loop off
Source 133357600 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133357600, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133357600 loop off
Source 133358976 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133358976, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133358976 loop off
Source 133360352 loop off
Sound created. File name: \csweapon_rocket1.wav, duration: 1.148, source id: 133360352, buffer id: 133340864
Source 133360352 loop off
Source 133317776 stop
Source 133336808 stop
Source 133338160 stop
Source 133339512 stop
Source 231369600 stop
Source 231405904 stop
Source 231609760 stop
Source 231611112 stop
Source 231612464 stop
Source 231613816 stop
Source 231615168 stop
Source 231616520 stop
Source 231617872 stop
Source 133343832 stop
Source 231619224 stop
Source 133341080 stop
Source 133342456 stop
Source 133345208 stop
Source 133346584 stop
Source 133347960 stop
Source 133349336 stop
Source 133350712 stop
Source 133352088 stop
Source 133353464 stop
Source 133354840 stop
Source 133356216 stop
Source 133357600 stop
Source 133358976 stop
Source 133360352 stop

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #63 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
At least you where able to get the report. I was not able to get this to work.

After looking at the videos CS has put out----- I see that who ever made the video only fire the guns in very short bursts. after I made the rest of the guns like the VulcanCannon---------<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="1.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />
I can shoot all the guns the same as in the video and the sound do not stay on.

I did a complet reinstall of FSX  Acceleration
with no other addon other then CS weapons for FSX.
And it did not help. The sound still come on as soon as the trigger was pulled. Exceprt for the VulcanCannon if I just did very short bursts.

I do not think it is in my settup of FSX. Or my system. IMO the there is no work around for this the way this weapons pack is settup to work in FSX.
I hope you can find a fix and get it to the folks that bought this.
Everyone I have talk to are having the same problem but Markoz other then some sound that he talked about. And I must say I find it odd that he is the only person that has posted that he is not having truble with this.
I like the product and use it all the time. But the sound is a problem.

flyer01

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #64 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
flyer01 wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:39am:
After looking at the videos CS has put out----- I see that who ever made the video only fire the guns in very short bursts.

I did. It's all about saving ammo  Wink We do not have any issues with sound.

Quote:
Everyone I have talk to are having the same problem but Markoz other then some sound that he talked about. And I must say I find it odd that he is the only person that has posted that he is not having truble with this.

We still get just about 10 people with the guns sound issues. Of course it's not good, but not that bad either. We keep looking...

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #65 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I found out what the problem is. Turn your Audio playback Hardware acceleration down to Basic acceleration.
Not the defaults.

flyer01 Wink

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #66 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 5:04am
Print Post  
flyer01 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:13am:
I found out what the problem is. Turn your Audio playback Hardware acceleration down to Basic acceleration.
Not the defaults.

flyer01 Wink

Hello Flyer01,

I am looking at your solution to try to resolve this issue on my system. I have Windows 7 and I can't find this setting...is it only relevant in XP?
Thanks for your help,

Johan

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #67 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Johan wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 5:04am:
flyer01 wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:13am:
Not the defaults.

flyer01 Wink

Hello Flyer01,

I am looking at your solution to try to resolve this issue on my system. I have Windows 7 and I can't find this setting...is it only relevant in XP?
Thanks for your help,

Johan

Windows Vista and Windows 7 do not have Sound Acceleration. Sound Acceleration will always appear as Basic in DXDIAG.

You can go to run and put in DXDIAG and see what is there.

I know this is what was making the sound not to work right in XP on my PC. Maybe CS can tell you more about this in windows7.

This needs to be put in the manuals about XP.

flyer01

IP Logged

Astoroth

Reply #68 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Flyer,

Glad it worked for you, but it is not the fix all you think it is. I run XP Pro, with my sound acceleration all the way up, slider to full right. And I do not have the sound issue. Never have had from the first install. All my gun sounds work just fine.

Maybe it's a hardware issue...Do you have an addon sound card? I do not, just the integrated sound on the mobo...what type of audio card and drivers do you use? Not sure which integrated chip mine is, will have to check when I get home from work, but my audio drivers are the Realtek AC '97

Not trying to be a wise ass, just trying to help figure out what the problem is.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #69 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Flyer01,
I'm running XP Media Center on an aging computer, single core processor, and your fix of dialing the audio back to basic acceleration worked great, no more gun sound problems.  I'm also not noticing any loss of sound quality.  Thanks for posting!

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #70 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Some success with Hardware acceleration.  I first turned acceleration off in DxDiag and still had the repeating guns.  Then I turned it back on and I got single shots stopping as I should.  This works until I exit and re-enter FSX and then I have to go through the steps again.

I have Realtek HD Audio OMB and tried changing the driver but with the same results so I rolled back the driver. 

It is only a temporary solution or perhaps a clue to the solution because I don't want to repeat this process every time I load FSX. Sad

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #71 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
We distributed another fix-to-try today. Please provide your feedback via support ticket system.

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #72 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
I dindn't get any fix via E-Mail, reported this on my ticket, so hopefully the solution is in the mail.  The gun was great when it worked, especially since you could hear shots hitting the ground also.

IP Logged

kicket

Reply #73 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Same issue with the sound loop here

(not Working)&&  (sort of working)

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #74 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 25th, 2011 at 10:40pm:
We distributed another fix-to-try today. Please provide your feedback via support ticket system.

Captain Sim,

I am one of the first customers mentioning the sound issue and have been patiently waiting for a fix from you. The first one didn't work, the second (ticket 6646) WORKED on the default F/A-18. I followed your install procedure step by step but discovered after removing the CSweapon.xml you sent as a fix that all my other planes with weapons installed were screwed up: HUD not showing, amunitions down to zero on all weapons, etc...I had to uninstall and re-install CSweapons and after too many hours, I am still not back to my working setups...disappointed that the "fix" did more damage than good.
Keep working on it though.
Thanks,

Johan

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #75 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Well, we're getting close.  The last .dll sent solved the issue on the stock F/A-18 but since it was only intended as test solution.

It worked so well when I tried it on the bell helicoptor, it zerod out all the weapons, even when I returned to the F/A 18.

I guess that's the anti piracy default protecton, so my guess is before the next patch comes along I'll have to unistall/re-install CSweapons.

I like the product but not too happy with becoming a paying beta tester.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #76 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
After weapon reinstall please do not try to use any modified csweapon.xml files. They will not work anymore. Use original csweapon.xml only. And please follow the instructions next time.

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #77 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 5:07am
Print Post  
I'm a little confused.  The fix being sent to me was a CSWeapons.dll but in your response and another members you talk about *.xml files.  I know how to navigate to and access FSX files as I have installed numerous Aircraft this way.

I suspect the *.dll file modifies the *.xml file code and after the test, swapping back to the original *.dll file returns the *.xml file back to the default values.  Using the sim for any other reason, like attempting to use weapons with other aircraft causes the program to fail, hence the caution to follow the steps exactly.

I'm sure what seems like a simple fix is anything but given the number of different computer hardware/software configurations.

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #78 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 at 5:43pm:
After weapon reinstall please do not try to use any modified csweapon.xml files. They will not work anymore. Use original csweapon.xml only. And please follow the instructions next time.

With all do respect. You say "After weapon reinstall please do not try to use any modified csweapon.xml files. They will not work anymore".

My I ask how thy are putting bombs in the csweapon.xml files and the sounds still work?

I use XP and was able to turn the Audio playback Hardware acceleration down to Basic acceleration and the sound of the guns work like thy should.

And able to set to unlimited ammo and the sounds work. Yes when I used the last CSWeapons.dll that you wanted  us to try  the unlimited ammo did not work and when I tryed to get unlimited ammo to work it went down the flush. lol

I have the sounds working like I said in XP.

If you have XP and what to try this if your sound is sticking on this is how.

Start> Control Panel> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices>Sound and Audio Devices Properties>Audio>Performance.Turn your Audio playback Hardware acceleration down to Basic acceleration.

When will the bombs be added so you can turn them on in the weapons control panel? That is what I would like to see in the first update.

Thanks,

flyer01

IP Logged

zsoltfireman

Reply #79 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
I have a little problem
If you use a machine gun, the sound gets stuck
Continuously reads the machine gun
The VS F8F Bearcat model used
Any idea?

Regards,

Zsolt

IP Logged

barney

Reply #80 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 10:45am
Print Post  
flyer01, your tip for the sound settings fixed my sound issues 100% Thankyou very much.

Regards Barney.

IP Logged

harley1380

Reply #81 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
I had the same issue with the m60 sound staying on. the other guns work right. i copyed  

loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" /> from one of the other guns to the m60 and now it fires in bursts and the sound goes off when i release the trigger. then i put it in the   unit of the loader cfg. not sure if putting it in the  UNIT made a difference but it works for me.   robert

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #82 - Mar 13th, 2011 at 12:12am
Print Post  
So its been a couple of weeks now since the last CS .dll fix test.  While it did work for the test Aircraft CF-18, it did not apply to other aircraft.  If you did attempt to test on other aircraft it would zero out all ammo and you would have to re-install CS Weapons.

So has anyone had any further fix patches sent their way?

IP Logged

21maller

Reply #83 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:53am
Print Post  
Thanks Flyer01, your tip solved this problem on my computer. OS XP Smiley

IP Logged

Solo NIISha

Reply #84 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
NO Missle-Lock sound:

I“ve been playing around for quiet some time, tried every AA-Missle but I never hear that Target-Lock and Target-Search Sound described in the Manual...

Maybe I“m wrong, but if I switch to i.e. AIM9 and set it to SEARCH-Mode I should hear that lower steady sound unless it locks on a target an become a higher steady sound...

Any ideas how or where to solve this?

It“s not that big problem playing without that sounds, but when I pay money for a AddOn, I would like to have it  work 100%...  Angry

I allready had to solve the gun-sound issue for my own...  Huh

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #85 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Please submit a ticket to our Support area.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #86 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Special build for those who got issues with the weapon sound is available via Support.

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #87 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks Capt Sim for V 1.01 as it seems to have fixed the sound issue and I am now using Guns that stop when I release the trigger.

The fix worked for me.

IP Logged

Arivii

Reply #88 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Thanks Capt Sim for V 1.01. All (sounds, effects etc.) it is ok now.

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #89 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Hi Captain Sim,

Great job, you guys have done it on the sound. The guns work fine, and now I can hear the radar sounds.
Thanks a lot,

Johan

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #90 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 11:20am
Print Post  
We are glad the problem is resolved.

IP Logged

altridudes

Reply #91 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Hi all, I have purchased the add on and downloaded ver. 1.0. I have the sound loop problem on machine guns and I've read that the ver. 1.01 would fix it.
I have tried to redownload the file but only the old ver. 1.0 is downloadable. Where is it possible to get the new ver. 1.01 software?

Regards.

IP Logged

Arivii

Reply #92 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Submit a ticket to Support area.

IP Logged

Puma257

Reply #93 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
If there is a patch available I would like to download it easily and rapidly.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #94 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
There are no issues with tickets submission. It is easy and fast, please submit ticket and we will help.

IP Logged

Cheech

Reply #95 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Having the same problems as everyone else on this topic. Tried to submit a support ticket but guess what, does not work on Google Chrome. C`mon guys sort this out.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #96 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Please use some other browser. We are sorry for inconvenience.

IP Logged

Perchlorate

Reply #97 - May 23rd, 2011 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm also having the machine-gun sound loop problem, and I've already submitted a ticket. I've had this happen on the provided F/A 18, the helicopter and a number of addon aircraft (the T-4 by team FS KBT)

Windows 7 x64 , Saitek X52pro, FSXsp2/acceleration, et cetera.

Am I to understand that a link to a patch should appear on my support page? Such a link does not exist.

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #98 - May 23rd, 2011 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Perchlorate wrote on May 23rd, 2011 at 3:05am:
Just thought I'd pop in and say that I'm also having the machine-gun sound loop problem, and I've already submitted a ticket. I've had this happen on the provided F/A 18, the helicopter and a number of addon aircraft (the T-4 by team FS KBT)

Windows 7 x64 , Saitek X52pro, FSXsp2/acceleration, et cetera.

Am I to understand that a link to a patch should appear on my support page? Such a link does not exist.

Perchlorate,

If you put a ticket, you will be directed to a patch that fixes the problem...be patient, in the end everything will work fine. CSWeapons is a great product.

Johan

IP Logged

Perchlorate

Reply #99 - May 23rd, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I received the patch, installed the patch according to the supplied instructions, but now I have no ammunition for any weapon. I'm still trying this with the supplied F/A-18.  Undecided

IP Logged

Perchlorate

Reply #100 - May 24th, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Ah! Installing it as administrator and subsequently running FSX as admin solved that problem! Keen! Grin

IP Logged

mrfox

Reply #101 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Hi Everyone I just bought this weapons pack, and its amazing! just shot down my first cessna 172  Grin so I'm having the same sound looping issue with the guns. where do I go to submit a ticket? I cant seem to be able to sent messages yet.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #102 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
mrfox wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 7:06am:
Hi Everyone I just bought this weapons pack, and its amazing! just shot down my first cessna 172  Grin so I'm having the same sound looping issue with the guns. where do I go to submit a ticket? I cant seem to be able to sent messages yet.

Check-in to Your Profile > Product > Customer Support > Search KB or Submit New Ticket.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

ivo

A little help
Reply #103 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Hi everybody i have bought the weapon for FSX and it is very good.
But I have a problem with the gun machine it work fine but when I shot I hear a sound continuous like tatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat and it no stop Why happen that ?  Angry

Bye

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: A little help
Reply #104 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:06am
Print Post  
ivo wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 7:06pm:
Hi everybody i have bought the weapon for FSX and it is very good.
But I have a problem with the gun machine it work fine but when I shot I hear a sound continuous like tatatatatatatatatatatatatatatat and it no stop Why happen that ?  Angry

Bye

Hi Ivo.

You should view this topic: SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please, about sound issues. By submitting a Ticket, you will probably be provided with a link to download a new installer which fixes the sound.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #105 - Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I have received the download for Version 1.01 to fix the sound problem. I've read this thread and am I right in saying with the new version you cannot get unlimited ammo on any ;thing but the Weapon for FSX F/A-18? Sad I have really enjoyed being able to have this choice as it was a reason for purchasing it. Please tell me I'm wrong, again! I will not change anything unless ok'd by Captain Sim because this has caused me many a hour trying to get FSX back to where it was before Weapon for FSX. Onward and upward!! Wink

Men of simple needs are rarely simple men.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #106 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 3:27am
Print Post  
kccwuk wrote on Jul 10th, 2012 at 4:50pm:
I have received the download for Version 1.01 to fix the sound problem. I've read this thread and am I right in saying with the new version you cannot get unlimited ammo on any ;thing but the Weapon for FSX F/A-18? Sad I have really enjoyed being able to have this choice as it was a reason for purchasing it. Please tell me I'm wrong, again! I will not change anything unless ok'd by Captain Sim because this has caused me many a hour trying to get FSX back to where it was before Weapon for FSX. Onward and upward!! Wink

Questions - Are you using Vista/Windows 7? And is FSX installed in the default location of C:\Program Files (or C:\Program File (x86))?
The answer to the above two question means there are more things needed to be done to be able to make the following changes. Otherwise, do this:

Open the CSWeapon.xml in every aircraft you have added it to and change <Unlimited>0</Unlimited> to this <Unlimited>1</Unlimited>. You need to do this for each weapon included in the CSWeapon.xml. I did it by opening the CSWeapon.xml with Windows Notepad, CTRL+H, find <Unlimited>0</Unlimited> and replace with <Unlimited>1</Unlimited>.

You can also open the unit.dat file (found in the FSX\Captain_Sim\weapon\loader\cfg folder) with Windows Notpad and use the same method as mentioned above, SAVE and from now on, every time you add Weapon for FSX to an aircraft, it will already have unlimited ammo.

BACK UP THE ORIGINAL UNIT.DAT FILE BEFORE MODIFYING! Otherwise, you will need to reinstall/repair Weapon for FSX to get the original file back.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #107 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
I am using   Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I'm sorry but I didn't quite understand does answering yes to your questions  mean to go ahead and make the modifications? I await your response. I like the sound of changing the main file to unlimited so all aircraft I put weapons on are already loaded with unlimited. That would be my preference if I have a choice. I would like to say with the v1.01 the sound is much much better and I appreciate the programing problems that this has caused. Thanks again!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #108 - Jul 12th, 2012 at 7:02am
Print Post  
Because you are using Win 7, if FSX is installed in C:\Program Files\etc.. (or C:\Program Files (x86)\etc..), it would be best to run the Weapon "Loader" AND FSX "as an administrator", or you can encounter problems.

The best way to do this is to Right Mouse Click on the application file > Select Properties > Select Compatibility Tab > Checkmark (Tick) "Run this program as an administrator" (under Privilege Level). See attached image.

run_CS_loader_as_an_administrator.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

kccwuk

Reply #109 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
All is well! I ran a repair on FSX Acceleration, installed the new CSWeapon and after following your directions on getting unlimited ammo by using the cfg folder, I am again the scourge of the skies! Wink Onward and upward! Thanks for that!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #110 - Jul 14th, 2012 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
WooHoo!! Glad you got it working! Shoot a few down for me while you're at it! Wink Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Aerodil

Reply #111 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Hello Everyone,

Right. Sound problems. I've got that. Namely the continuous playing of the gun sounds after trigger release. I've read that there is a fix available for that. Where can I obtain one? Since I failed to find it in the support section.

Thanks,
Aerodil

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #112 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Please fill in a ticket at Customer Support section.

IP Logged

Aerodil

Reply #113 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
I did. 4 days ago. That's why I've posted on this thread Wink

Edit: Just seen the email. Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top