Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
 25 SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please (Read 61343 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Video: Take out the ships------------
Reply #45 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 2:03am:
the the CS C-130 uses a sound file like the 757 and 767, but could that influence the sound in any way?

Mark, the Weapon has it's own sound engine. Not a byte from the airliners sound system.

We are working on the issue anyways.

IP Logged

mos

Re: SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please
Reply #46 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Hi !
I have reinstall.. the "Captain Sim Weapon for FSX" (with the same issue as mentioned above), I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

mos

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #47 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
mos wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
Hi !
I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

What are the files names please?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #48 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 5:02pm:
mos wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
Hi !
I used Revo Uninstaller, and when it was finished with the first part, and was surging for left over files, it told me to be careful with deleting, because some files was sharing (and gone into some folder) with Captain sim 727 Base Pack / Service Pack 2.4 ???

What are the files names please?

Hi Alex !
I cant tell you exactly, I have tried again to on install, but when I come to the mentioned second part it only tells me something like, be careful.... folder Captain sim 727 Base Pack and something with Service Pack 2.4, and then  "Revo Uninstaller" freezes while surging ?, (I have tried surging manually, with no luck), but I will be back if I find out something.

mos

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #49 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim, thanks for the headsup about turning off FSX, that's what was causing values to default.  I've continued experimenting with the csweapon_mg_shot1.wav line in CSWeapon.xml  I changed the loopEnd= value to "0.0"  When I fired the M60 it then made a single shot sound, which is what the wave file is, and the rounds counter counted down as long as I held the button but no further soound.  There was no muzzle flash, however.  I then added loopBeg="0.0", arbitrarily trying different values since I was shooting in the dark (sorry for the bad pun), and then I had the single shot sound, a single muzzle flash and the rounds counted down, but it still wouldn't repeat the sound and muzzle flash to a rata-tat-tat-tat.  It's possible that with the correct loopBeg value it may work correctly.
Also, I wondered if FSX SP2 versus Acceleration is the variable that determines who has gun sound problems and who does not.  I am running SP2 and I have the sound problem.  How about you others who have reported it, and what about Mark who did not?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #50 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 12:36am
Print Post  
"Also, I wondered if FSX SP2 versus Acceleration is the variable that determines who has gun sound problems and who does not.  I am running SP2 and I have the sound problem.  How about you others who have reported it, and what about Mark who did not?"

[/quote] (((Trailboss)))

I got SP2 and Acceleration, and have the sound problem as mentioned, ........ that said,....> not related, to your wondering  Wink
(I guess).
mos

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #51 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:25am
Print Post  
I got SP2 and Acceleration.

I did get the sound to turn off when releasing the trigger as most of you know. But thy are still not working like thy should.
Until CS getts a fix for this---- I  took the sound Wav. out.
I like to hear the sound of the rounds hitting the ground / water better then the sound not working the way thy should. IMO.

Really a nice addon and fun to fly with. I'm just going to let CS find the fix. I'm no master at this.

flyer01

flyer01

IP Logged

mos

Reply #52 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
flyer01 wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 at 7:25am:
I got SP2 and Acceleration.

I did get the sound to turn off when releasing the trigger as most of you know. But thy are still not working like thy should.
Until CS getts a fix for this---- I  took the sound Wav. out.
I like to hear the sound of the rounds hitting the ground / water better then the sound not working the way thy should. IMO.

Really a nice addon and fun to fly with. I'm just going to let CS find the fix. I'm no master at this.

flyer01

flyer01

Hmmmm ! Its funny with your mods, and the gun  set up for shooting only one round every  time I hit the trigger, I actually have the sound of impact, when the rounds hitting the ground with splash and explosion as well (of course not in a jet fighter flying 600 knots) I don't hear much)), with that said, if this have been the setup from the beginning, I wouldn't have recognise any problem with the sound. at least of my system, but it seems that there is more than one variant of problems.
But I know that CS is working on it (they send me a new "CSWeapon.zip" to check out) but same problem )).
And I agree, this is "Really a nice addon and fun to fly with", hope CS find a fix.

mos

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #53 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
Hi Flyer01,
When you submitted a ticket on the sound problem did you get a confirmation from CS that they received it?  I submitted a ticket 5 days ago and never got a confirmation.
Thanks

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #54 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Feb 11th, 2011 at 9:36pm:
Hi Flyer01,
When you submitted a ticket on the sound problem did you get a confirmation from CS that they received it?  I submitted a ticket 5 days ago and never got a confirmation.
Thanks

It took awhile But yes I did.

flyer01

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #55 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
I decided to install FSX Acceleration to improve the performance of Weapons for FSX, but instead I have lost ground.  The modifications I had made to the CSWeapon.htm file that under SP2 resolved the continuous fire sounds for the machine guns except the M60 no longer work.  Now with Acceleration all the gun sounds go non stop. After installing Acceleration I went back and manually modifed the CSWeapons.htm as I had done with SP2, changing the loopEnd files to 0.000   When I opened the F-18s and ran the different weapons (guns, missiles, rockets) the guns reverted to the old problem, the sound continuing after releasing the fire button and not stopping until I exited the flight.  I need a new solution for that problem.
I'll report this to a different forum, but just so others know, the change also resulted in the XL Load F-18s loading without landing gear. The F-18s included in Acceleration are fine, but the XLoad aircraft are screwed up. I uninstalled and reinstalled them, no improvement, no landing gear.
This is discouraging.  I'm going to submit a ticket for the landing gear problem and a new ticket on the gun sound problem but this time with Acceleration, but I have yet to receive any acknowledgement of the ticket I submitted on sound for SP2.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #56 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Hi Trailboss

I wonder why that happens? My XLoad F/A-18D's load into FSX fine. What I like about them is that you can SEE the weapons on the plane.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #57 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:40am
Print Post  
All your tickets were received and forwarded to development team, we are working on the issue.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #58 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Hi Mark,
I got my landing gear.  A Google search turned up an answer you gave more than a year ago about someone whose CS-707 didn't have landing gear.  You suggested uninstalling and then a fresh download from the CS site and install.  That's what I did and now all versions of the F-18 show up complete.
Thanks!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #59 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
We've got about 10 tickets on the sound issue. That shows that sound works fine on vast majority of systems. We are checking why it does not work on these 10 systems.

So far we got no luck trying to model the sound issue on our test systems. We do suspect some possible issues with the users' systems or FSX setups.

While we looking further please double check:
- You got latest drivers installed
- You use FSX SP2 or Acceleration
- Weapon is reinstalled from a scratch with NO modifications.
- You use default F/A-18 or LX-45

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top