Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
 25 SOUND ISSUES - the only thread please (Read 61440 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Gun sound
Reply #30 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Hi flyer01

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have strict hierarchy rules on C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86). All the FSX gurus don't recommend installing FSX to its default location on those systems. You might find that if you had installed FSX to C:\FSX, you might not have encounter those problems. Mt FSX installation is on my separate 500GB F: drive, far away from the C: drive and Windows 7's tight control over it.

Anyway, I just thought it would be worth you (and anyone else) knowing that. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #31 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:41am
Print Post  
About this error, I have something like this when I take 2 guns, for only one (like M60, M61) is ok and no problem.

See this issue: http://www.youtube.com/user/rafikst#p/a/u/0/TcGAobS6p_4

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #32 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:29am:
Hi flyer01

Windows Vista and Windows 7 have strict hierarchy rules on C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86). All the FSX gurus don't recommend installing FSX to its default location on those systems. You might find that if you had installed FSX to C:\FSX, you might not have encounter those problems. Mt FSX installation is on my separate 500GB F: drive, far away from the C: drive and Windows 7's tight control over it.

Anyway, I just thought it would be worth you (and anyone else) knowing that. Wink

Mark

I understand what your saying. only thing I have XP.

Would you send me your unit .DAT file to see if that is what it is?

flyer01
Mark, I sent in a ticket on this and have not heard anything from CS about this.
Do you know if thy are working on this?

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #33 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 4:13pm
Print Post  

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

Or just change the loopEnd="1.3059" to loopEnd="0.000" .

Do this to all your guns AND JUST YOUR GUNS. lol

This will Stop  the guns sound from staying on.

I had to take  this also out of the sound folder or it will stay on some time csweapon_mg_bullet_land1. wav

I hope this helps. It worked on my PC.

flyer01

CS- Please look at this and see if you can make it better. [/quote]

Flyer,

I implemented your solution (loopEnd="0.000") and it seems to work on my system. Thanks so much....I am still waiting for CS to respond to my ticket, which they have now received and acknowledged...So we'll see with what they are coming up with.

I have an additional question:
When I fire at AI planes, they just disappear from the screen without flames or smoke. Is there a setting in FSX that I need to change to get more realism?
Thanks for your feedback,

Johan

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #34 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Hi flyer01.

I understand what your saying. only thing I have XP.
Sorry. I was sure I saw a mention of Win7 in one of your posts.

Would you send me your unit .DAT file to see if that is what it is?
Only if Captain Sim give me permission to do so. After all, I did agree to their EULA before installing their product.

I sent in a ticket on this and have not heard anything from CS about this.
Do you know if thy are working on this?

I don't know if they are working on it, but I am sure that they are working on it. I'm a bit surprised that you have not heard anything from support yet. But that old saying of "no new is good news" could apply. Meaning they are working on fixing this bug.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #35 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to build on what Johan wrote about the <Sound Name> files in CSWeapon.XML  I haven't worked with these files before, so please forgive a towering ignorance.  I did as Johan suggested, changing this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

With this change the Vulcan Cannon sound performed correctly with the button.

Next I changed this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.553" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

After this change the GSH30 sound performed correctly.

The last change I made was from this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.1" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

That change didn't help, the M60 sound still continued after releasing the button.  Now I'll really show my ignorance:  could the problem be that there is no "LoopBeg" statement?  I listened to the mg_shot1.wav file and found it was a single shot sound, so I assumed that was why there was not LoopBeg value.  If there should be a LoopBeg statement, what should the value be?

This doesn't explain why Mark hasn't had this problem but others have reported it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

PS:  After writing the above I again opened the CSWeapon.xml file and found the LoopEnd value that I had changed to "0.000" had defaulted back to "0.1"  The other statements allowed me to change the LoopEnd values, but not this one.  Is it because it is the default gun?

IP Logged

mos

Reply #36 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Hi !
I got exactly the same problem, with the gun-sound as mentioned above, and have maneged to send a "Ticket",
I was wondering if this problem, maybe is related to XP, i See that "flyer01" have XP, I got XP-Pro ?.

mos  Undecided

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #37 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
mos wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:45pm:
Hi !
I got exactly the same problem, with the gun-sound as mentioned above, and have maneged to send a "Ticket",
I was wondering if this problem, maybe is related to XP, i See that "flyer01" have XP, I got XP-Pro ?.

mos  Undecided

I am running Windows 7 and have had the gun sound problem as well....so not related to XP

Johan

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #38 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23pm:
I'm trying to build on what Johan wrote about the <Sound Name> files in CSWeapon.XML  I haven't worked with these files before, so please forgive a towering ignorance.  I did as Johan suggested, changing this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\VulcanCannon.wav" loopBeg="0.5139" loopEnd="0.3059" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

With this change the Vulcan Cannon sound performed correctly with the button.

Next I changed this line:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.553" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_fire1.wav" loopBeg="0.046" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="0" gain="1.0" />

After this change the GSH30 sound performed correctly.

The last change I made was from this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.1" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

To this:

<Sound name="..\..\..\Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound\csweapon_mg_shot1.wav" loopEnd="0.000" finishLoop="1" gain="0.7" />

That change didn't help, the M60 sound still continued after releasing the button.  Now I'll really show my ignorance:  could the problem be that there is no "LoopBeg" statement?  I listened to the mg_shot1.wav file and found it was a single shot sound, so I assumed that was why there was not LoopBeg value.  If there should be a LoopBeg statement, what should the value be?

This doesn't explain why Mark hasn't had this problem but others have reported it, but it was the only thing I could think of.

PS:  After writing the above I again opened the CSWeapon.xml file and found the LoopEnd value that I had changed to "0.000" had defaulted back to "0.1"  The other statements allowed me to change the LoopEnd values, but not this one.  Is it because it is the default gun?

Hi Trailboss,

The credit goes actually to Flyer01 for his suggestion on loopEnd="0.000". The solution is not yet perfect on all guns, I am waiting for a response on my ticket as well. I hope CS is working on it.
Thanks,

Johan

IP Logged

flyer01

Reply #39 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
I'm glad this is working for others.

Now that you know how to work on this just try different things.

I don't know as much abouth FSX as I do CFS3 and the Expansions. I'm going to try to see if i can get some other effects.

I will post a video of what I can do with this.

flyer01

IP Logged

CanukAMT

Reply #40 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I received an E-Mail from CS with a new CSWeapon.dll and instructions to rename the current to old_CSWeapon.dll and instert the new .dll .

FSX recognized the new .dll and requested permission to use it but unfortunately for me it didn't do the trick so I swapped back to the original .dll file.

Waiting for the next suggestion from CS.

IP Logged

Tex

Reply #41 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Just a thought, I don't have the game, but was wondering if you checked the control settings for the button you use for the gun & make sure the "repeat" slider is all the way off (to the left".

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #42 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Hi Tex,
Good point and I had the same thought yesterday.  The default slider position for brakes is full right, so when the gun problem (continuous firing sound) occurred I tried moving it to the left.  In the left position it wouldn't fire the gun(s) at all.  I also tried the center position, same failure. 
Keep thinking!

IP Logged

mos

Re: Video: Take out the ships------------
Reply #43 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:20am:
Thank you for kind comments and great video!

flyer01 wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:53pm:
I will try another browser to put in a tickedt about the gun sounds not stopping after releasing the trigger and it is with all the guns.

But its doing the same thing as what the others has talked about.

We do not have the issue at our computers that's why need to know more about your system. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296900274

Hi !
I have exactly the same problem with the gun-sound as "flyer01", among other, here at the forum, have mentioned: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1296900274

You wrote  ((Tanya)):
"We do not have the issue at our computers that's why need to know   more about your system".
Well I got it, and have send you a "tickets",. To me it looks like its maybe XP related ?

mos

PS: Sorry it's not related to XP, as I see Johan just wrote:

"I am running Windows 7 and have had the gun sound problem as well....so not related to XP
Johan"

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Video: Take out the ships------------
Reply #44 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Here is my two bobs worth.

I get a sound issue, but NOT the sound going on continuously after releasing the trigger, the firing sound getting a bit distorted (M60C works fine). So far it is only happening in the AC130 (from C-130 X-perience). Can't remember if the the CS C-130 uses a sound file like the 757 and 767, but could that influence the sound in any way?

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top