Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 FMS CTD (Read 31752 times)
Slowdive

FMS CTD
Nov 25th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I'm posting here in response to CS's request. I wanted to reply to the suggestion that slowing the speed of input into the FMC would prevent the CTD from happening. I tested this pretty well last night in FSX, but still had the CTD. The particular crash I had was when I went to input a crossing restriction at SMO on the SADDE6 into KLAX. It crashed right as I put the 7000 into the SMO line of the flight plan. So I wasn't even doing an exec, just inputing the restriction.

One other point is that I had changed the arrival runway from what I originally had on the flight plan. I did this and exec'd it well before inputing the 7000 and CTD. I don't know if that could be a contributing factor in the crashes.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Re: FMS CTD
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
With 4.2 my first test flight, no more than 10 minutes in on changing my arrival runway, CTD.

IP Logged

pilot

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

When you guys CTD are you in full view or windowed mode(ctrl+alt+enter). I was just curious as I read on a different website that sometimes, with specific older graphics cards some programs ctd. The windowed mode apparently helps this. Give it a try and let us know if it helps. What have u got to lose, you guys have tried everything else.

Alex Chung

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
I'm in full mode. I guess I can try it, but I believe being in windowed mode incures a performance hit.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Windowed mode made no difference. The first flight plan change I make enroute, CTD.

Are Captain Sim working on the problem?

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
its very dipressing really! Though i haven't encountered this type of crash but totally different crashes especially when flying 757 in multiplayer. It crashes without giving any warning. Sometimes back to the lobby or straight to desktop. I've put FSX to rest as i've moved to x-plane and I've to say i'm thoroughly enjoying x-plane, so far no crashes and wonderful flight dynamics+realistic textures+incredible weather engine.

I do appreciate efforts put by captain sim and other vendors for fantastic planes but "maybe" its just plain stupid micro$oft's base engine which does not allows addons to be flexible/complex enough. In that case addon developers are at mercy of microsoft. This is just a speculation I donot know the reality.  

IP Logged

CaptRosco

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Happened to me after much trouble downloading-I went to enter ZFW and BOOM.... CTD...
Not good... I think Id rather have 4.1 or earlier... Great plane but it doesnt bloody work right!!!
Any help would be appreciated

IP Logged

reginald

Crashing CDU
Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Can ayone help me I have 4.2  installed and when I try to load FSX flightplans into the CDU the darn thing crashes and reloads FSX again its very annoying. As an aside do you load FPlns into the FMC in the same way in 4.1 as in 4.2? Kiss

IP Logged

yves samuel

Re: Crashing CDU
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have the same problem. I went back to 4.1.
Captain sim didn't answer yet to my question.

Yves

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Well to be clear this thread is about the FMC crashing to desktop in both 4.1 and 4.2. I'm more concerned about the crashes that occur when flying an active flight plan since I enter the flight plans by hand. At least you can work around the loading flight plan bug by doing so yourself. Granted that it should load them without crashing, but that's another issue.

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Anyone know how to fix this issue. I just got the 757 and am frustrated that I can't fly the bird because it crashes at Cost Index.

IP Logged

cparrott73

Reply #11 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:41am
Print Post  
So far, so good for me.  I performed a test flight from KIAH to KAUS with the v4.2 update.  I input a restriction of 140/3000 at BROMS, and it worked without a CTD.

Had no trouble picking up LOC and G/S on runway 17R at KAUS once I dialed in the correct settings on the radio stack.  ILS guided approach went flawlessly.  I was very pleased with the initial test flight on this one.

However, I did get a CTD once when I selected "End Flight" after pressing ESC after landing, but I would consider this a minor issue for now.  I will keep my eyes open for issues as I test it more extensively.  I may yet uncover other issues.

IP Logged

PhilN

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,

Well, I too am getting this CTD.  I was just now inputing my flight plan from ATL to DFW with the Cedar Creek 6 Arrival for 35C.  When I put in the altitude restriction for the HOWDY intersection it crashed.  This was happening to me with a flight plan from DCA to ATL and changing the altitude on the FLCON3 arrival into ATL.  

I really hope they are finding a fix for this.  When I submitted a trouble ticket, I got a response back to just redownload and reinstall.  They indicated they could not duplicate the issue.  Well I redownloaded and reinstalled and still not fixed.  I replied letting them know it did not correct the issue about a week ago and have yet to receive a response.  I am a little irritated as I just spent close to $80 on this plane.  This is more than what FSX costs!!  

Phil  

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yes, we are.
But please note:

1. This forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support >

2. If you have already submitted a ticket (detailed and informative all according to KB#1063) thank you and please standby for announcements.

3. When???!!!
Sorry but we do not answer this question.
Just a hint: the 757 SP 4.2 was released just 3 weeks ago. So personally I'd not expect the 757 SP4.3 any sooner than Spring '09.

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm:
Quote:

Yes, we are.
But please note:

1. This forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support >

2. If you have already submitted a ticket (detailed and informative all according to KB#1063) thank you and please standby for announcements.

3. When???!!!
Just a hint: the 757 SP 4.2 was released just 3 weeks ago. So personally I'd not expect the 757 SP4.3 any sooner than Spring '09.

Thanks for the response. If the problem is corrected before SP4.3, can you guys release a temporary fix. I paid around $40 and can not use it at all without a CTD.

IP Logged

PhilN

Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Captain:

I appreciate you letting us know that the issue is being worked on.  I have submitted a support ticket on this issue, and was not happy with the outcome.  I think it is unacceptable for you to say that we will have to wait for 4.3 to come out spring of '09 for a fix to this.   MOST of us have paid around $80 for your product and cannot use the product as it's represented without it crashing to desktop.  Whoever is working on this needs to find out what is causing it and produce a patch to fix this FMC issue much before Spring '09.  

I hope you can understand the frustration.  If you purchased a product and expected it to work as represented and it doesn't, which causes you not to be able to use the product and then the manufacture says....sorry can't help you till we release another update 4 or 5 months later.....I'm sure you won't be very happy about that.      

Point is...The support team needs to get this fixed asap, and we (the customer) do not expect a representative to tell us sorry...you will have to wait for a full update to be released.

Thank You.

Captain Sim wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm:
Quote:

Yes, we are.
But please note:

3. When???!!!

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 2:55am
Print Post  
If you guys are willing to removed everything from FSX, try this:

1. Uninstalled everything from FSX.
2. Install FSX.
3. Install SP1 THEN SP2.
4. Install 757.
5. Fly.

I know that you might have a lot of add ons, but if you're willing to try this, it worked for me.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Well I've just spent a couple of hours re-installing FSX and testing. The 757 crashed within 10 minutes of the first test when I changed the approach. The bug is in the FMC coding, not FSX.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #18 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
PhilN wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:21pm:
I hope you can understand the frustration.  

Yes we do understand and we are really sorry to read the CDT reports on some systems.
But please understand that on the project scale this is not a critical issue, because we have just 7 (seven) people complaing on the CTD, so vast majority of the 757 users do not experience the CTD. Normally we do not even consider any issues with less than 10 reports.

Anyways, again, we are working on the CTD issue and it will be processed according to the schedule mentioned above.
We are sorry for the inconvenience the delay may cause.

IP Logged

sindela

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
CS,

After reading your answer I am thinking CS is not getting the full scope of the issues.

Some like me, where under the impression, if a trouble ticket was submitted then the issue is known. However, I see now from your post that even if the issue is known, that CS is counting the tickets to see if maybe it is a major issue.

Based on that response, then I am submitting tickets even if it was reported by someone else.

As an example, the RAT, even though it does not affect flight is an issue with many.

The Rocking back and forth is another.

Now finally this one described above  Huh

Regards

Regards&&&&Allen

IP Logged

TLCabral

Reply #20 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Wow... after reading that answer from CS... I have to agree with sindela on this one.  I'm not sure that CS was or is getting the full scope of the issues.

I myself have been struggling with the FMC issue for a while now (5 ctd's tonight alone) and did not bother submitting a ticket because my understanding was that  CS was aware of the issue and working on a fix.  I've just been patiently checking back to see if any progress has been made.

Now I see that it has been deemed a "numbers" issue and because of myself (and others I'm sure) not submitting a trouble ticket - it has possibly been placed on a low priority schedule.

Unacceptable!  If this is the case, we all need to submit trouble tickets for each issue we are encountering so that the "numbers" get counted correctly and priority is placed where need be.

Don't get me wrong - Despite the few bugs I have encountered, I love the product, and It's not my intension to bombard CS with problem tickets, I only want the numbers to be reflected acurately so priority is set properly.

Thanks

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #21 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I just purchased the 757 and on the first flight that I made, on the very first change to the FSM flight plan (I added a missing crossing restriction on the OLM5 approach into SEA) I got a CTD. Angry

I then started reading the forums and saw how many people have this problem. I have no patience to deal with this kind of problem on every flight.  I will try this a few more times, but if this continues, then it is into the hanger for me.

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

Eric Fields

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Bill,

Be sure to submit a ticket as without the counts, CS will not make this a high priority issue.

Eric

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Eric,  done....this happened again 2.5 hours into a 3 hour flight.  I simply changed the runway from 35L at KDEN to Rwy 26, selected FUZZZ intersection, tried to close the discontinuity and bam, CTD, game over.

I have had this problem on all flights but one so far, and that one I had the AP not disconnecting problem.

Oh, and changing to FSUIPC 4.3 didn't help me with the AP disconnect problem.  Into KSEA at 200', I disconnected the AP, had no controls and the aircraft landed itself at -600 fpm Shocked.  I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.3 and was going to try it out again on this flight...but....CTD Angry

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
I just started using my FSX version after a somewhat successful run with the Fs9 version, and I can't even load up a flight plan without a CTD. I've tried the default planner and FS build with the save in FS trick and no dice  Angry

I submitted a ticket, I really hope this doesn't take until spring! The 757 is completely unplayable for me unless I just wanna do circles or stare at it.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #25 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Beachdog2001 wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 at 4:01am:
Eric,  done....this happened again 2.5 hours into a 3 hour flight.  I simply changed the runway from 35L at KDEN to Rwy 26, selected FUZZZ intersection, tried to close the discontinuity and bam, CTD, game over.

I have had this problem on all flights but one so far, and that one I had the AP not disconnecting problem.

Oh, and changing to FSUIPC 4.3 didn't help me with the AP disconnect problem.  Into KSEA at 200', I disconnected the AP, had no controls and the aircraft landed itself at -600 fpm Shocked.  I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.3 and was going to try it out again on this flight...but....CTD Angry

Yeah, I've tried everything too. The problem is with the FMC code. I suspect the customers who don't have this issue don't use the FMC fully and don't do things like switch runways or insert crossing restrictions.

This issue was reported so long ago that I can't remember if I created a ticket or not. I too assumed that since CS was aware of the issue that they would fix it. I'm starting to think they can't or won't for whatever reason.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

I'm having the same issues also...mostly with changing runways/star's or entering the GW or ZFW on the Perf Page.  I've been trying some different workarounds, and it seems like a very random issue with the FMC code.  I originally thought it had to do with weight restrictions in the perf page, but it seems like an overall FMC error.

Mine is in the hangar until this gets fixed...beautiful airplane outside, terrible inside.

In fact I have a saved flight right now that has the complete route input (TJSJ-KDFW) and everything finished except the PERF page, and as soon as I touch the FMC, CTD...

JB

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I was thinking about some work-arounds. Perhaps not entering the runway/approach until you know what it will be for sure. And just don't use vnav for descent and manage it yourself. It's kind of a drag because that's what the FMC is for, but until they fix it, this might work.

Also, I've been wondering why some people don't get this crash. The people who are crashing are you using lbs or kg? I'm curious if that could be a cause. I've tried both PW and RR variants and it makes no difference.

I could be chasing my tail here, but until CS fixes it, I'm very frustrated. They won't return it, because I had good faith and have waited for a fix, so it's been too long now. I'm stuck with a very broken airplane.

Sad

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #28 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I just tested with kg and it still crashes. Oh well, was worth a shot.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #29 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Slowdive wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm:
Yeah, I was thinking about some work-arounds. Perhaps not entering the runway/approach until you know what it will be for sure. And just don't use vnav for descent and manage it yourself. It's kind of a drag because that's what the FMC is for, but until they fix it, this might work.

Also, I've been wondering why some people don't get this crash. The people who are crashing are you using lbs or kg? I'm curious if that could be a cause. I've tried both PW and RR variants and it makes no difference.

I could be chasing my tail here, but until CS fixes it, I'm very frustrated. They won't return it, because I had good faith and have waited for a fix, so it's been too long now. I'm stuck with a very broken airplane.

Sad

I still think you are exactly right that perhaps the majority of purchasers load up the airplane, firewall the thrust, and fly VFR.  I actually bought this to train for checkrides/recurrents at my airline, and boy was it a mistake!  Once again, beautiful outside, but as it is at the training academy, you can't see the outside, just the cockpit, and you live in the FMC.

Until there is a fix, which may be asking too much because they would need to completely redesign the FMC/AP system, the another company 767 will be my aircraft.  I think CS even advertising that this thing has a "full FMC" is sad...

Don't get me wrong, terrific attempt at a sim, but fix the darn thing!  It is unflyable as a commercial aircraft, only flyable as a big beautiful C172.

JB

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #30 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Slowdive,

The problem for me is if I wait until I arrive near the destination and then input the runway.  You are going to get a discontinuity and if you if you close this you are likely going to get a crash, maybe even when you input the runway before you close the discontinuity, who knows?  No matter what changes you want to make in the FMC it is close your eyes, grit your teeth, and pray.  It is absolutely no fun whatsoever to fly this way.

Since all I do is fly for United-Virtual.com, it is back into the hanger for this aircraft until this is fixed.

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #31 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:17am
Print Post  
And guess, what's going on if you fly online? It is like Stephen King Langolieres movie...
Seriously, the last time I've experienced CTD while approaching my destination airport after 4 hours flight a couple of days ago. I was directed by traffic control to different approach and RWY from those were inserted in FMC before... and just disappeared from their radars.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #32 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Also, I have read that a few people have been able to merge the another company 767 panel with the CS 757 exterior model (with limited functionality), and I have both, so I might give it a shot.

Also, here are my system specs so maybe?! we can find a similar configuration that is causing problems, but I am certain it lies within the FMC code.

Vista 64
qx9450 @ 3.6
280 gtx x 2 SLI
790i Mobo
velociraptor HD
FSX SP2
4 MB ram

JB

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #33 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's got to be in their code and not a windows configuration thing as this airplane CTD's in both FS9 and FSX.

I would be interested to hear about a merge with another company. If there was a way to get the FMC replaced, that would be great.

Actually, if Captain Sim fixed it that would be even better.Wink

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #34 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Well I've been thinking about this bug and I think I've isolated the probem a bit and come up with a work-around. The entire problem seems to be with STAR's. So what I did was manually enter the STAR by hand and what do you know, I can use crossing restrictions, change and delete them and change approach and runways. I did multiple revisions and no crash. I know it's a pain to enter the STAR by hand, but it makes the airplane at least flyable until they fix the FMC.

I'd love for others to try this work-around and let me know if it works. So far so good on this end. The only catch is in my test flight I kept a discontinuity between the end of the STAR and the approach. Not too big of a deal really.

Ok. While I was posting this, I tried to close the discontinuity and it crashed. Ugh. I guess if you leave it open between the STAR and approach, you'll be ok. Dunno. Needs more testing.

Please please, CS, fix the FMC.

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #35 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Slowdive, as it was already mentioned in other topic, while choosing your departure/arrival runways don't select neither ILS_XX numbers nor SID/STARs. Scroll down to RWY numbers themselves and choose appropriate. In other words, IGNORE EVERYTHING on DEP/ARR page except "pure" RWY numbers for takeoff and landing. Don't worry about ILS frequencies & courses - they will appear correctly on INIT REF page. Then enter entire flight plan (including SIDs & STARs with their crossing restrictions) manually or import such a plan if you have one. Remove all discontinuities, complete your preflight procedures and fly away!  Smiley
Since I use this way - no CTD occurred for me.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #36 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Elyab,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. When you say manually enter the SID, STAR, etc.. Do you mean input each waypoint that makeup those procedures or can I just select the STAR itself. I'm not sure how I would do that except through the arrival and departures page (put the name of the star into the route page?).

I'm fairly certain that if you don't use any of the pre-input STARS and approaches that it will not crash, but that is tedious.

BTW, what thread were you referring to?

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #37 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Ah, I guess you were referring to the main FMC thread. Ok.

So what you are saying is just input EVERYTHING manually. Ok. Yeah, I suspect that will work. What a drag though.

CS, please fix it.

Cry

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #38 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Elyab,

The problem with your solution comes when you need to change the arrival runway due to winds change while enroute or redirection due to ATC, 35L instead of 35R, etc.

If you choose the new runway and then close any discontinuities, whether entered manually or not,  the sim will instantly crash more often than not.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #39 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 12:25am
Print Post  
Beachdog2001,

That's true, it most likely would crash. What I would do in that situation is just not change it in the FMC. Just lookup the new ILS info in the charts. Granted this is not ideal, but we don't have much of a choice unless CS fixes the problem.

At least we've sort of narrowed down where the problem is. It really shouldn't be that tough to go in and squash this bug.

IP Logged

elyab

Reply #40 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Beachdog2001,
I agree with you - my solution prevents possible crashes at preflight phase and any changes to active flight plan later in most cases aren't accepted by (*CS757.FMS* ?).
What I suggest to try is to load RTE2 the same plan as RTE1 but with different approach and runway and to activate it on approach if needed.
Anyway I'll try it...

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #41 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Hey, that's a great thought. I wonder if you could just use RTE1 and RTE2 and ping pong back and forth if you needed to make changes? I usually don't use that functionality so I'm not sure.

Of course then you couldn't use the RTE2 functionality as intended, but it's better than not being able to fly the plane.

Heh, I was just thinking, I'll bet we've expended more time and energy in this thread than CS has looking at the bug. Sad.

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #42 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
There are many things that cause this CTD, not just a change of runway.  If you change an altitude crossing restriction...bam, CTD, if you change a speed restriction...bam CTD, if you change???...bam CTD.

Everytime I need a make any change whatsoever, it is like an ax hanging over my head that could drop at any moment.

I am sorry, but this is not what I think is fun nor what I fly for...aircraft is now in the hanger until this and a lot of other things are fixed.  Part of this problem may have to do with it being a port over from FS9, hence the need for FSUIPC.  I think that until they come out with a true FSX version, we are going to have these kind of problems.

If CS thinks this only effects a few people and therefore is not worth looking at, then so be it..it is their product and their reputation.

IP Logged

bhodges61

Reply #43 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:45am
Print Post  
I get the same problem when putting in a restriction or closing a discontinuity.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #44 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, back again...been doing some testing, and as soon as I find a "possible suitable outcome", the CTD pops up and bites me in the @ss!

I've tried everything, and now I am getting it again with no flight plan and adjusting the ZFW or Cost Index.

JB

IP Logged

thecanarian

Reply #45 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I'm a bit of a novice at full fidelity airplanes, and have found the FMC a wonderful learning experience. I did have a few CTDs when trying to input FPLs into the FMC at first and thought it may be my lack of knowledge ... but now I've read this thread, maybe not. I have eventually flown KSEA to KSFO a couple of times now, with only the severe pitching after a while to contend with, fully under the command of the FMC. I have not tried to change arrival details yet though, or anything else enroute so I have that experience to look forward to.

With regard to the severe pitching it looks like it may be set off by active thermals generated by FSX ... perhaps .. maybe.

IP Logged

bhodges61

Reply #46 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Any update on when this will be fixed?

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #47 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
I too would love an update as well. Can we expect an update before Summer?

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #48 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Latest I heard on the next SP is "very soon".

Keep in mind, begging for when releases of any sort will be available is technically against the forum rules.  It adds a lot of junk into the forum and is generally not conducive to the whole forum experience.

It will be available when it's available, no sooner, no later.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #49 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Well it should be sooner than later.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #50 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Any updates?  You guys have a potential 727 Pro Pack customer here if we get some support in this joint.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #51 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Forum isn't for support.  If that's what you're looking for, open a ticket. Smiley

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

bearste

Reply #52 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
You know, you seem like a real nice guy, Bob...however, I have had a ticket open for quite some time, as well as several others that browse this forum.

I appreciate your input...

IP Logged

Christopher Dittmar

Reply #53 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I have yet to submit my ticket on this, but I am wondering if we can put heads together in this thread and find a common factor on the technical side of our systems.  Even after 4 pages I have noticed no one has mentioned anything about their systems.

I get the CTD when entering constraints.  That's the only spot I get the CTD so far.  In order to help Captain Sim see if there is a common componant causing this, I should mention:

• OS - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
  • GPU - 4x ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Dual Core/2GB Memory
  • CPU - AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3.2GHz Dual Core
  • Memory: 8GB OCZ DDR2

Really those are the only 4 things that could possibly affect anything in FSX, so I won't go any further than that.  I'll also include this information when I submit my ticket to CS  Smiley

On my particular system, I can do many successful flights as long as I do not try to enter or modify an altitude/speed constraint manually.

Christopher N. Dittmar

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #54 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I believe I have mentioned info about my system if not in this CTD thread, then in the FS9 one (that used to be the FSX one). Anyway, it has nothing to do with your system. It's a bug in the gauge. I haven't heard one person who uses the FMC fully report not having the issue.

Luckily, I think CS is close to (in the next three months or so) releasing a new patch that will fix it.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #55 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Thank you, the issue is on the list for Service Pack. We will do our best to address the issue as soon as possible. Please note, this forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support link.

IP Logged

roger

Flight sim sutdown
Reply #56 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
I have a problem. About 1 hr into flight my sim shuts down and tell me it encounted a problem and shuts down then comes back on at the airport I started at . This is not fun since I can never land . Is this some :( :(thing I can fix ? Thanks

IP Logged

Mark Dickie

Re: Flight sim sutdown
Reply #57 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 8:15am
Print Post  
I'd suggest that your FSX install is broken or that you need newer graphics drivers.

First try upgrading your graphics drivers to latest.  Also see if you can post the following information as it may help:-

Which graphics card do you have?
Which FSX Service Pack do you have installed?  Or do you have acceleration?
How much RAM does your computer have?
Are you running any other FSX addons?

IP Logged

roger

Reply #58 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I Have 1GB memory 74.4 GB hard drive G force FS5500 total availible graphics 256 pentum 4cpu 1.60ghz . How do you update drivers ?

IP Logged

roger

Reply #59 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I have both service pacs in and I have traffic X along with the 757 captin sim . How do you update drivers Thanks

IP Logged

Mark Dickie

Reply #60 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Roger,

You want to go here:-

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Do you get the crash with any other aircraft or just with the CS 757?

IP Logged

roger

Reply #61 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
At this point just the 757 has not done it with the default yet .

IP Logged

roger

Reply #62 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks for that link

IP Logged

David Zill

Possible bug?
Reply #63 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
I was programing a route from KOAK to KEDW. While on the ground, I was editing the speeds the FMC had listed for the apprach phase into KEDW. For the altitude of 3000A, the FMC had 240KTS. I typed 109/3000A, then pressed the appropriate LSK to enter the data. When I did this, FSX immediately exited. Has anyone else experienced this?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

JayG

Re: Possible bug?
Reply #64 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
It was saving you from a fate worse than death, 109 is WAY too SLOW for the 757   Smiley

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

David Zill

Re: Possible bug?
Reply #65 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
109 was the projected  Vref for the 757's weight at flaps 30.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

boing71234567

2 problems
Reply #66 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 1:17am
Print Post  
1. i just purchased the captain Sim 757 pro pack from sim market about 3 hours ago and so far i am very impressed. but when i was fallowing the instructions in this link:
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876
i got to were you type in 110 for the cost index. so i typed in 110 and entered it were it says "cost index" on the fmc and once i pressed the line (on the fmc) fsx just disappeared. i double checked and it still happened. is there a fix to this?

2. when i got the paint kits and opened it on photoshop none of the wings or fusalages or tails were there. it was just a checkerboard of gray and white?

specs:
fsx deluxe edition
fsx SP2
intel (R) Core(TM) 2 Quad CPU
Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
2.40 GHz, 3.25 GB or RAM
Nvidea GeForce 8800 GT.0
windows xp

-thank you

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Re: 2 problems
Reply #67 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Hi Boeing.

I can't help you with the FMC questions but I can help with the paint kit.

The kit comes hidden.  All you have to do is select the layers and show them all.
Depending on your particular paint program depends on how it is done.
I use Photoshop and all the layers are on the right hand side of the screen.  There is a box that you can click next to each layer which will show them.

Hope this helps...a bit anyway.

Dave

IP Logged

boing71234567

Reply #68 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
is there a button were it says "show all" i usually use Paint.net for repainting AI aircraft but for this paint kit i have to use photoshop. thats why im kind of new to it  Smiley

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #69 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 6:35am
Print Post  
You should only use 100 as a max cost index. Also if you continue to have problems try using the config tool first. I found that made the cost index ctd bug go away.

IP Logged

boing71234567

Reply #70 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
thanks, now it is working. but i have another question, i was fallowing a tutorial and the guy is starting from cold n dark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQuBGk3Ol1A
is there a button that i could push or a setting i could hit that gets it so when i click fly now and get into the plane, all of the instruments, everything is off?

-thank you

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #71 - Apr 6th, 2009 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Hi boing,

Glad you found my videos.

There is no magic button... but you can do it easily enough this way:

Load the default Baron 58.
Switch to the 2D cockpit.
Turn all switches and knobs off.
Load the 757.

I will be making more videos (some day, no time right now- they take a LOT of time to make!) and one of them will be the shutdown and secure lists.

All the information I'm conveying in my videos comes directly from the Captain Sim manuals, specifically the checklists.  The shutdown/secure lists are in there. Smiley

IP Logged

rupesh

Reply #72 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:42am
Print Post  
actually, the cost index does not need to be limited to just 100, depending on airlines and schedules and delays etc..they will run different numbers..and so can I in the 757, so if that input other than 100 is crashing fsx, there is something wrong..i don't get that crash, nor any other kind of fms crash at all..just can't get manual control after A/P disconnection, sometimes for an entire minute, i clocked it. even the new fsuipc 4.5 did not help..that still remains.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #73 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I've never had a CTD based on a cost index input.

Then again, 99% of the time, I use a cost index of 0 for max economy.  Most of the flights I use the 757 for are long, and I wish to carry minimum fuel for maximum distance.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #74 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
rupesh wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:42am:
actually, the cost index does not need to be limited to just 100, depending on airlines and schedules and delays etc..they will run different numbers..and so can I in the 757, so if that input other than 100 is crashing fsx, there is something wrong..i don't get that crash, nor any other kind of fms crash at all..just can't get manual control after A/P disconnection, sometimes for an entire minute, i clocked it. even the new fsuipc 4.5 did not help..that still remains.

Sure in real life you can go higher, but if you don't want the CS 757 to crash, don't go higher than 100.

IP Logged

rupesh

Reply #75 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Slowdive wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 8:44pm:
rupesh wrote on Apr 7th, 2009 at 2:42am:

Sure in real life you can go higher, but if you don't want the CS 757 to crash, don't go higher than 100.

Like i said earlier, "so can I"...i do not get a CTD with the fmc with any inputs including the cost index, i have set it at all different numbers, even higher than 100..usually have it set to 130-150, so this must be dependant on the hardwares?

IP Logged

David Zill

FMC Crash to Desktop (CTD)
Reply #76 - May 2nd, 2009 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I have been frequently experiencing CTD's when attempting to program a route into the FMC. Is anyone else experiencing this program?

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #77 - May 21st, 2009 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
The issue has been addressed in SP 4.3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top