Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
 25 FMS CTD (Read 31754 times)
thecanarian

Re: FMS CTD
Reply #45 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
I'm a bit of a novice at full fidelity airplanes, and have found the FMC a wonderful learning experience. I did have a few CTDs when trying to input FPLs into the FMC at first and thought it may be my lack of knowledge ... but now I've read this thread, maybe not. I have eventually flown KSEA to KSFO a couple of times now, with only the severe pitching after a while to contend with, fully under the command of the FMC. I have not tried to change arrival details yet though, or anything else enroute so I have that experience to look forward to.

With regard to the severe pitching it looks like it may be set off by active thermals generated by FSX ... perhaps .. maybe.

IP Logged

bhodges61

Reply #46 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Any update on when this will be fixed?

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #47 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
I too would love an update as well. Can we expect an update before Summer?

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #48 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Latest I heard on the next SP is "very soon".

Keep in mind, begging for when releases of any sort will be available is technically against the forum rules.  It adds a lot of junk into the forum and is generally not conducive to the whole forum experience.

It will be available when it's available, no sooner, no later.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #49 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Well it should be sooner than later.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #50 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Any updates?  You guys have a potential 727 Pro Pack customer here if we get some support in this joint.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #51 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 8:28am
Print Post  
Forum isn't for support.  If that's what you're looking for, open a ticket. Smiley

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

bearste

Reply #52 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
You know, you seem like a real nice guy, Bob...however, I have had a ticket open for quite some time, as well as several others that browse this forum.

I appreciate your input...

IP Logged

Christopher Dittmar

Reply #53 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
I have yet to submit my ticket on this, but I am wondering if we can put heads together in this thread and find a common factor on the technical side of our systems.  Even after 4 pages I have noticed no one has mentioned anything about their systems.

I get the CTD when entering constraints.  That's the only spot I get the CTD so far.  In order to help Captain Sim see if there is a common componant causing this, I should mention:

• OS - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
  • GPU - 4x ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Dual Core/2GB Memory
  • CPU - AMD Athlon X2 6400+ 3.2GHz Dual Core
  • Memory: 8GB OCZ DDR2

Really those are the only 4 things that could possibly affect anything in FSX, so I won't go any further than that.  I'll also include this information when I submit my ticket to CS  Smiley

On my particular system, I can do many successful flights as long as I do not try to enter or modify an altitude/speed constraint manually.

Christopher N. Dittmar

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #54 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 2:44am
Print Post  
I believe I have mentioned info about my system if not in this CTD thread, then in the FS9 one (that used to be the FSX one). Anyway, it has nothing to do with your system. It's a bug in the gauge. I haven't heard one person who uses the FMC fully report not having the issue.

Luckily, I think CS is close to (in the next three months or so) releasing a new patch that will fix it.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #55 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Thank you, the issue is on the list for Service Pack. We will do our best to address the issue as soon as possible. Please note, this forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support link.

IP Logged

roger

Flight sim sutdown
Reply #56 - Apr 11th, 2009 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
I have a problem. About 1 hr into flight my sim shuts down and tell me it encounted a problem and shuts down then comes back on at the airport I started at . This is not fun since I can never land . Is this some :( :(thing I can fix ? Thanks

IP Logged

Mark Dickie

Re: Flight sim sutdown
Reply #57 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 8:15am
Print Post  
I'd suggest that your FSX install is broken or that you need newer graphics drivers.

First try upgrading your graphics drivers to latest.  Also see if you can post the following information as it may help:-

Which graphics card do you have?
Which FSX Service Pack do you have installed?  Or do you have acceleration?
How much RAM does your computer have?
Are you running any other FSX addons?

IP Logged

roger

Reply #58 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I Have 1GB memory 74.4 GB hard drive G force FS5500 total availible graphics 256 pentum 4cpu 1.60ghz . How do you update drivers ?

IP Logged

roger

Reply #59 - Apr 13th, 2009 at 11:28am
Print Post  
I have both service pacs in and I have traffic X along with the 757 captin sim . How do you update drivers Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top