Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMS CTD (Read 31747 times)
Slowdive

FMS CTD
Nov 25th, 2008 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I'm posting here in response to CS's request. I wanted to reply to the suggestion that slowing the speed of input into the FMC would prevent the CTD from happening. I tested this pretty well last night in FSX, but still had the CTD. The particular crash I had was when I went to input a crossing restriction at SMO on the SADDE6 into KLAX. It crashed right as I put the 7000 into the SMO line of the flight plan. So I wasn't even doing an exec, just inputing the restriction.

One other point is that I had changed the arrival runway from what I originally had on the flight plan. I did this and exec'd it well before inputing the 7000 and CTD. I don't know if that could be a contributing factor in the crashes.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Re: FMS CTD
Reply #1 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
With 4.2 my first test flight, no more than 10 minutes in on changing my arrival runway, CTD.

IP Logged

pilot

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

When you guys CTD are you in full view or windowed mode(ctrl+alt+enter). I was just curious as I read on a different website that sometimes, with specific older graphics cards some programs ctd. The windowed mode apparently helps this. Give it a try and let us know if it helps. What have u got to lose, you guys have tried everything else.

Alex Chung

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2008 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
I'm in full mode. I guess I can try it, but I believe being in windowed mode incures a performance hit.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Windowed mode made no difference. The first flight plan change I make enroute, CTD.

Are Captain Sim working on the problem?

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2008 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
its very dipressing really! Though i haven't encountered this type of crash but totally different crashes especially when flying 757 in multiplayer. It crashes without giving any warning. Sometimes back to the lobby or straight to desktop. I've put FSX to rest as i've moved to x-plane and I've to say i'm thoroughly enjoying x-plane, so far no crashes and wonderful flight dynamics+realistic textures+incredible weather engine.

I do appreciate efforts put by captain sim and other vendors for fantastic planes but "maybe" its just plain stupid micro$oft's base engine which does not allows addons to be flexible/complex enough. In that case addon developers are at mercy of microsoft. This is just a speculation I donot know the reality.  

IP Logged

CaptRosco

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2008 at 5:45am
Print Post  
Happened to me after much trouble downloading-I went to enter ZFW and BOOM.... CTD...
Not good... I think Id rather have 4.1 or earlier... Great plane but it doesnt bloody work right!!!
Any help would be appreciated

IP Logged

reginald

Crashing CDU
Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Can ayone help me I have 4.2  installed and when I try to load FSX flightplans into the CDU the darn thing crashes and reloads FSX again its very annoying. As an aside do you load FPlns into the FMC in the same way in 4.1 as in 4.2? Kiss

IP Logged

yves samuel

Re: Crashing CDU
Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2008 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have the same problem. I went back to 4.1.
Captain sim didn't answer yet to my question.

Yves

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2008 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Well to be clear this thread is about the FMC crashing to desktop in both 4.1 and 4.2. I'm more concerned about the crashes that occur when flying an active flight plan since I enter the flight plans by hand. At least you can work around the loading flight plan bug by doing so yourself. Granted that it should load them without crashing, but that's another issue.

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Anyone know how to fix this issue. I just got the 757 and am frustrated that I can't fly the bird because it crashes at Cost Index.

IP Logged

cparrott73

Reply #11 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 1:41am
Print Post  
So far, so good for me.  I performed a test flight from KIAH to KAUS with the v4.2 update.  I input a restriction of 140/3000 at BROMS, and it worked without a CTD.

Had no trouble picking up LOC and G/S on runway 17R at KAUS once I dialed in the correct settings on the radio stack.  ILS guided approach went flawlessly.  I was very pleased with the initial test flight on this one.

However, I did get a CTD once when I selected "End Flight" after pressing ESC after landing, but I would consider this a minor issue for now.  I will keep my eyes open for issues as I test it more extensively.  I may yet uncover other issues.

IP Logged

PhilN

Reply #12 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,

Well, I too am getting this CTD.  I was just now inputing my flight plan from ATL to DFW with the Cedar Creek 6 Arrival for 35C.  When I put in the altitude restriction for the HOWDY intersection it crashed.  This was happening to me with a flight plan from DCA to ATL and changing the altitude on the FLCON3 arrival into ATL.  

I really hope they are finding a fix for this.  When I submitted a trouble ticket, I got a response back to just redownload and reinstall.  They indicated they could not duplicate the issue.  Well I redownloaded and reinstalled and still not fixed.  I replied letting them know it did not correct the issue about a week ago and have yet to receive a response.  I am a little irritated as I just spent close to $80 on this plane.  This is more than what FSX costs!!  

Phil  

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yes, we are.
But please note:

1. This forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support >

2. If you have already submitted a ticket (detailed and informative all according to KB#1063) thank you and please standby for announcements.

3. When???!!!
Sorry but we do not answer this question.
Just a hint: the 757 SP 4.2 was released just 3 weeks ago. So personally I'd not expect the 757 SP4.3 any sooner than Spring '09.

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #14 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm:
Quote:

Yes, we are.
But please note:

1. This forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support >

2. If you have already submitted a ticket (detailed and informative all according to KB#1063) thank you and please standby for announcements.

3. When???!!!
Sorry but we do not answer this question.
Just a hint: the 757 SP 4.2 was released just 3 weeks ago. So personally I'd not expect the 757 SP4.3 any sooner than Spring '09.

Thanks for the response. If the problem is corrected before SP4.3, can you guys release a temporary fix. I paid around $40 and can not use it at all without a CTD.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top