Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMS CTD (Read 31755 times)
PhilN

Re: FMS CTD
Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Captain:

I appreciate you letting us know that the issue is being worked on.  I have submitted a support ticket on this issue, and was not happy with the outcome.  I think it is unacceptable for you to say that we will have to wait for 4.3 to come out spring of '09 for a fix to this.   MOST of us have paid around $80 for your product and cannot use the product as it's represented without it crashing to desktop.  Whoever is working on this needs to find out what is causing it and produce a patch to fix this FMC issue much before Spring '09.  

I hope you can understand the frustration.  If you purchased a product and expected it to work as represented and it doesn't, which causes you not to be able to use the product and then the manufacture says....sorry can't help you till we release another update 4 or 5 months later.....I'm sure you won't be very happy about that.      

Point is...The support team needs to get this fixed asap, and we (the customer) do not expect a representative to tell us sorry...you will have to wait for a full update to be released.

Thank You.

Captain Sim wrote on Dec 15th, 2008 at 10:49pm:
Quote:
Are Captain Sim working on the problem?

Yes, we are.
But please note:

1. This forum is not for technical support. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support >

2. If you have already submitted a ticket (detailed and informative all according to KB#1063) thank you and please standby for announcements.

3. When???!!!
Sorry but we do not answer this question.
Just a hint: the 757 SP 4.2 was released just 3 weeks ago. So personally I'd not expect the 757 SP4.3 any sooner than Spring '09.

IP Logged

Overjump

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 2:55am
Print Post  
If you guys are willing to removed everything from FSX, try this:

1. Uninstalled everything from FSX.
2. Install FSX.
3. Install SP1 THEN SP2.
4. Install 757.
5. Fly.

I know that you might have a lot of add ons, but if you're willing to try this, it worked for me.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Well I've just spent a couple of hours re-installing FSX and testing. The 757 crashed within 10 minutes of the first test when I changed the approach. The bug is in the FMC coding, not FSX.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #18 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
PhilN wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:21pm:
I hope you can understand the frustration.  

Yes we do understand and we are really sorry to read the CDT reports on some systems.
But please understand that on the project scale this is not a critical issue, because we have just 7 (seven) people complaing on the CTD, so vast majority of the 757 users do not experience the CTD. Normally we do not even consider any issues with less than 10 reports.

Anyways, again, we are working on the CTD issue and it will be processed according to the schedule mentioned above.
We are sorry for the inconvenience the delay may cause.

IP Logged

sindela

Reply #19 - Dec 26th, 2008 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
CS,

After reading your answer I am thinking CS is not getting the full scope of the issues.

Some like me, where under the impression, if a trouble ticket was submitted then the issue is known. However, I see now from your post that even if the issue is known, that CS is counting the tickets to see if maybe it is a major issue.

Based on that response, then I am submitting tickets even if it was reported by someone else.

As an example, the RAT, even though it does not affect flight is an issue with many.

The Rocking back and forth is another.

Now finally this one described above  Huh

Regards

Regards&&&&Allen

IP Logged

TLCabral

Reply #20 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Wow... after reading that answer from CS... I have to agree with sindela on this one.  I'm not sure that CS was or is getting the full scope of the issues.

I myself have been struggling with the FMC issue for a while now (5 ctd's tonight alone) and did not bother submitting a ticket because my understanding was that  CS was aware of the issue and working on a fix.  I've just been patiently checking back to see if any progress has been made.

Now I see that it has been deemed a "numbers" issue and because of myself (and others I'm sure) not submitting a trouble ticket - it has possibly been placed on a low priority schedule.

Unacceptable!  If this is the case, we all need to submit trouble tickets for each issue we are encountering so that the "numbers" get counted correctly and priority is placed where need be.

Don't get me wrong - Despite the few bugs I have encountered, I love the product, and It's not my intension to bombard CS with problem tickets, I only want the numbers to be reflected acurately so priority is set properly.

Thanks

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #21 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I just purchased the 757 and on the first flight that I made, on the very first change to the FSM flight plan (I added a missing crossing restriction on the OLM5 approach into SEA) I got a CTD. Angry

I then started reading the forums and saw how many people have this problem. I have no patience to deal with this kind of problem on every flight.  I will try this a few more times, but if this continues, then it is into the hanger for me.

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

Eric Fields

Reply #22 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Bill,

Be sure to submit a ticket as without the counts, CS will not make this a high priority issue.

Eric

IP Logged

Beachdog2001

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 4:01am
Print Post  
Eric,  done....this happened again 2.5 hours into a 3 hour flight.  I simply changed the runway from 35L at KDEN to Rwy 26, selected FUZZZ intersection, tried to close the discontinuity and bam, CTD, game over.

I have had this problem on all flights but one so far, and that one I had the AP not disconnecting problem.

Oh, and changing to FSUIPC 4.3 didn't help me with the AP disconnect problem.  Into KSEA at 200', I disconnected the AP, had no controls and the aircraft landed itself at -600 fpm Shocked.  I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.3 and was going to try it out again on this flight...but....CTD Angry

Bill Barrette&&P4 3.2 GHz HT, 2 GB RAM, nVidia 7600GS 512MB AGP, WinXP SP3, FSX SP2&&

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #24 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
I just started using my FSX version after a somewhat successful run with the Fs9 version, and I can't even load up a flight plan without a CTD. I've tried the default planner and FS build with the save in FS trick and no dice  Angry

I submitted a ticket, I really hope this doesn't take until spring! The 757 is completely unplayable for me unless I just wanna do circles or stare at it.

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #25 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Beachdog2001 wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 at 4:01am:
Eric,  done....this happened again 2.5 hours into a 3 hour flight.  I simply changed the runway from 35L at KDEN to Rwy 26, selected FUZZZ intersection, tried to close the discontinuity and bam, CTD, game over.

I have had this problem on all flights but one so far, and that one I had the AP not disconnecting problem.

Oh, and changing to FSUIPC 4.3 didn't help me with the AP disconnect problem.  Into KSEA at 200', I disconnected the AP, had no controls and the aircraft landed itself at -600 fpm Shocked.  I reinstalled FSUIPC 4.3 and was going to try it out again on this flight...but....CTD Angry

Yeah, I've tried everything too. The problem is with the FMC code. I suspect the customers who don't have this issue don't use the FMC fully and don't do things like switch runways or insert crossing restrictions.

This issue was reported so long ago that I can't remember if I created a ticket or not. I too assumed that since CS was aware of the issue that they would fix it. I'm starting to think they can't or won't for whatever reason.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #26 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,

I'm having the same issues also...mostly with changing runways/star's or entering the GW or ZFW on the Perf Page.  I've been trying some different workarounds, and it seems like a very random issue with the FMC code.  I originally thought it had to do with weight restrictions in the perf page, but it seems like an overall FMC error.

Mine is in the hangar until this gets fixed...beautiful airplane outside, terrible inside.

In fact I have a saved flight right now that has the complete route input (TJSJ-KDFW) and everything finished except the PERF page, and as soon as I touch the FMC, CTD...

JB

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #27 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I was thinking about some work-arounds. Perhaps not entering the runway/approach until you know what it will be for sure. And just don't use vnav for descent and manage it yourself. It's kind of a drag because that's what the FMC is for, but until they fix it, this might work.

Also, I've been wondering why some people don't get this crash. The people who are crashing are you using lbs or kg? I'm curious if that could be a cause. I've tried both PW and RR variants and it makes no difference.

I could be chasing my tail here, but until CS fixes it, I'm very frustrated. They won't return it, because I had good faith and have waited for a fix, so it's been too long now. I'm stuck with a very broken airplane.

Sad

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #28 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
I just tested with kg and it still crashes. Oh well, was worth a shot.

IP Logged

bearste

Reply #29 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Slowdive wrote on Jan 13th, 2009 at 8:10pm:
Yeah, I was thinking about some work-arounds. Perhaps not entering the runway/approach until you know what it will be for sure. And just don't use vnav for descent and manage it yourself. It's kind of a drag because that's what the FMC is for, but until they fix it, this might work.

Also, I've been wondering why some people don't get this crash. The people who are crashing are you using lbs or kg? I'm curious if that could be a cause. I've tried both PW and RR variants and it makes no difference.

I could be chasing my tail here, but until CS fixes it, I'm very frustrated. They won't return it, because I had good faith and have waited for a fix, so it's been too long now. I'm stuck with a very broken airplane.

Sad

I still think you are exactly right that perhaps the majority of purchasers load up the airplane, firewall the thrust, and fly VFR.  I actually bought this to train for checkrides/recurrents at my airline, and boy was it a mistake!  Once again, beautiful outside, but as it is at the training academy, you can't see the outside, just the cockpit, and you live in the FMC.

Until there is a fix, which may be asking too much because they would need to completely redesign the FMC/AP system, the another company 767 will be my aircraft.  I think CS even advertising that this thing has a "full FMC" is sad...

Don't get me wrong, terrific attempt at a sim, but fix the darn thing!  It is unflyable as a commercial aircraft, only flyable as a big beautiful C172.

JB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top