Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 229604 times)
XM DUDE

How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Apr 23rd, 2008 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Do I need to load a flight plan to make it work, as I didn't do that, I just did a quick test flight and tried to engage the auto pilot after take off and hitting shift Z you get the audible of auto pilot disconnect, but hitting the auto pilot or any of the buttons related to heading , altitude, or any auto pilot function does not work at all. There is a definite problem here with block F.

IP Logged

XM DUDE

Re: Installed Block F and sound pack dosen't work.
Reply #1 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
I sent a request to resend the Block F file, maybe the file is corrupt or something.

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #2 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Dude, have you tried using the [CMD] button on the MCP panel to turn the autopilot on? I never tried turning it on using the keyboard but have noticed hitting <z> will not turn it off, but using the disengage bar on the MCP will.

IP Logged

XM DUDE

Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
The big white button, the master auto pilot button, yes I have tried that, I just can't get the dam thing to work no matter what mode I try, when I hit control Z I can't change heading, but nothing else can be adjusted and the other functions are inop.

IP Logged

jse516

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:38am
Print Post  
I'm not sure what you mean by the big white button, do you mean the disengage? There are 3 auto pilot engage buttons plus two flight director switches and an Auto throttle arm switch, which auto pilot button are you using, left, center or right? Are you using the flight director and A/T switches? Are you turning on and allowing enough time for the IRS to align? There has been some pretty big differences between Blk F and B, have you read through the manual or followed any pre flight checklists? How are you going about setting up the AP, can you describe this in some detail, aside from pressing the big white button? I'm afraid theres a little more to it then 1 button!

I'm not trying to be rude it just seems you may be missing some steps introduced by the new features.
If you do have a legitimate bug I sincerely apologize  Wink

IP Logged

duesenwerni

Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Hi Dude,

Code
Select All
 I just did a quick test flight and tried to engage the auto pilot after take off  

Quick guess - autopilot didn´t work because irs wasn´t aligned before. autopilot needs irs alignment to work.

Try again with your irs properly aligned and report in, please  Smiley

Regards,
Werner

IP Logged

rharris

Re: auto pilot is inop
Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2008 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm an experienced sim pilot and used to FMC/CDU programming, IRS alignment is fine and all required data is being entered into the CDU but nothing is working??  When I engage LNAV or VNAV - no response at all.  If I engage heading select, it does not respond and the climb rate window remains blank all of the time when trying to select a manual climb rate.  Very frustrating - I've read the manuals more than I care to mention and at the moment stuck for ideas as to what to try next!!!

IP Logged

ihlv46

757 Autopilot
Reply #7 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Hey, I just downloaded the 757 pro pack and love it. The only problem is that the autopilot doesn't work. I would push the heading hold switch and nothing would happen and when I pushed the autopilot engage switch, nothing happened. The lights on the buttons won't light up. Also the LNAV and the VNAV don't work either. I don't know if I'm missing a step in turning on the autopilot or somethings wrong. Thanks for the help. Smiley

IP Logged

b757200

Re: 757 Autopilot
Reply #8 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 5:37am
Print Post  
ihlv46 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2008 at 1:58am:
Hey, I just downloaded the 757 pro pack and love it. The only problem is that the autopilot doesn't work. I would push the heading hold switch and nothing would happen and when I pushed the autopilot engage switch, nothing happened. The lights on the buttons won't light up. Also the LNAV and the VNAV don't work either. I don't know if I'm missing a step in turning on the autopilot or somethings wrong. Thanks for the help. Smiley

did you calibrate the IRS?

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Yes, make sure you properly set your IRS before leaving the apron.  Nothing will work right (like the real thing) without that set.
My autopilot works absolutely perfect.  I have done several full CATIII auto lands with all three CMD lights on, LAND 3 illuminated on the AUTOLAND STATUS Annunciator and full FLARE engaged. 
If I'm not having any problems with it, then there can't be anything wrong with that feature of the software.  It must be something else.

IP Logged

ihlv46

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 3:28am
Print Post  
How do you calibrate the IRS? Huh

IP Logged

duesenwerni

Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Hi,

first and not ment to be ironic - by studying the flight manual  Smiley

second, by looking into this forum, as this theme has been explained quite often before  Smiley

Apart from that and as a quick resolve, you bring power to your plane and then look up at the overhead panel. In the left (or first) vertical row, there on the upper left corner you can see a subpanel with three round irs setup switches, a few status lights , a numpad and a few other items.

Now, look at those irs setup switches - they have a few named positions. After "off" comes "align". Now bring all three of them into the "align" position and you will see them status lights start flashing. OK, wait for a while and they will go out. If so, set the status switch to "NAV".

Well done, buddy, you have just done your first IRS alignment  Smiley

Regards,
Werner

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2008 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Just to give another perspective, I'll tell you how I do it.  I am aligning them the same way I use my Boeing 737-900 ERX.

First I bring up the 2d IRS from with the quick selection tool that CptSim provides (Shift+3), then I bring up the 2d FMC/CDU using the same tool.
I place one next to the other and I go to the PPOS page of the CDU and copy past the LAST POS to the scratch pad.
Then I switch the knobs on the IRS past ALIGN to NAV which will bring up boxes on the CDU and I move the present position from the scratch pad to the boxes.  The IRS will align and when it is I will move the top knob on the IRS so the Long/Lat will show on the display of the IRS.

IP Logged

rharris

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 8:10am
Print Post  
I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm an experienced sim pilot and used to FMC/CDU programming, IRS alignment is fine and all required data is being entered into the CDU but nothing is working??  When I engage LNAV or VNAV - no response at all.  If I engage heading select, it does not respond and the climb rate window remains blank all of the time when trying to select a manual climb rate.  Very frustrating - I've read the manuals more than I care to mention and at the moment stuck for ideas as to what to try next!!!

IP Logged

rharris

Autopilot
Reply #14 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Is anyone else out there having problems getting the autopilot to work properly?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top