Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 another company 4.6 (Read 21876 times)
Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

another company 4.6
Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Hey guys,
I do not have the CS 757 from CS directly, but from another company, do you know whether I could have the 4.6 download?

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Raul

Re: another company 4.6
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 12:07am
Print Post  
Hi, here we have some big problem with this, y have sent a support mail to "Just Flight" and here is the "Just flight" answer...

Unfortunately Captain Sim have stated that they will not be supplying these updates to us. Obviously we are very disappointed about this decision, but regrettably it's out of our hands.

Please accept our sincere apologies.

Martyn Northall

Just Flight & Just Trains

Y have the Box version too so what should whe do???

Y have the C-130 Box too and y have had to purchase to Captain again the same product to get the SP1.3 and this is not my idea of Justice. Y would like a "Captain Sim" feedback after this reply.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Geez, not the best answer there is. Why would CS do that (or don't do, to be precise)?
I'd love to read something official from CS on this although I'm not a another company customer.
Thanks for posting, Raul.

I've read that the another company box customers get access to the update database by the way. It may all depend on a valid order number in my eyes. If your box vendor delivered one, you could log in.
But, from reading, I think the another company order number is not a valid one in the eyes of the CS page. So maybe the sentence 'Unfortunately Captain Sim have stated that they will not be supplying these updates to us.' receives at least two meanings.  Huh

Can you expand that conversation with the another company guys to maybe trigger that vital order number thingy?
To be clear, CS may not have to deliver updates to another company, they only have to give them access to the CS systems, where the download customers access their stuff.
This may not help all people, but at least the ones having access to the Net.

I really think the two vendors, CS directly and another company, have to talk more closely though. That's my personal impression and I truly understand you guys, sitting on that box and not receiving updates.
As said, some Avsim posting spoke of another company box customers actually receiving updates, so there may already be a solution available. I couldn't verify that one though as I'm no CS box owner.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Maybe Captain Sim and Just Flight had a falling out with each other. And if they did, I doubt that Martyn would elaborate on the reasons because it is easier to brush it off by saying that Captain Sim won't give it to them.
My main query has always been the reason why most resellers sell the download version, while Just Flight feel they need to package it differently and sell it as a boxed release only. Why couldn't they do it like the others have? It would have been easier for the customers in the end.
And why do they leave out a lot of liveries that Captain Sim releases with the download version of their product. I mean it's not like they don't have enough room on the CD or DVD, is it? I know they put a lot of video advertisements on them (well they did on the Just Flight 737 PIC that I wish I hadn't bought from them), but do they really need to remove liveries to make way for their own advertising?

You have my sympathies guys. I guess Just Flight could stop selling it IF there is similar problems with the boxed version as many others have had back then with the download versions. It would make sense to me.

I guess I was lucky that the reseller I bought my Captain Sim 757-200/200F/300 from, sold the download versions, or I could have been in a similar position.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #4 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
I own the box and CS version of the 757 and if i was to guess.. its down to the contracts at the end of the day. For me the JF757 boxed is a very stable aircraft and i never had issues other than learning how to use the FMC and do me flight plans and the boxed version is a top addon to have. I brought direct from captain sim to make sure i have the latest version quicker and to show my support to the developer by buying it direct.

The pricing between the box version and the cs versions it quite a bit different with the boxed being the cheaper.

&&

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Our 757 agreement with another company is over. Therefore we do/will not provide any further updates on the boxed version of the 757. Unfortunately there are no special discounts or free downloads for the boxed 757 customers. More info: http://www.captainsim.com/support/boxed.html

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Thanks for the official words, Tanya.

I'm still sorry for the another company box customers though, but I wouldn't know who's to blame in that game. If other box vendors can deliver CS updates to their customers, maybe this shows something. But I'm just assuming things and I don't know which things lead to that status of course.

IP Logged

Raul

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
CoolP, Mark, thanks, the problem y see is that y will purchase 2 times the same product, first to "Just Flight" and now to "Captain Sim", y thought this kind of things only happened on my country "Argentina", but y had never thought that it would be the same on "First World", y mean if "Captain" has recieved money when y have bought 757 box to "J F", (y think so with common sense) y think it is not properly that they return to do it for the same software. Please it is only my opinion and may be y don't know anything between another company and Captain comercial relation information but y do not think Captain is the another company's Santa Claus.
Y am a dentist surgeon and if y brake relations with some company of health during an "Oral rehabilitation", my patients do not have the fault and they are the most important thing y consider, I had liked that "Captain" was doing the same thing with me like a customer y am.
Regards,
Raul Aubele.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I can understand your complains, Raul. Whatever those two companies had running, it is over. As said, it looks like other CS box vendors like another company don't suffer from this problem. At least that's what I've read at Avsim.
Once again, I fully agree that this is a very unfortunate situation for the another company box owners. I just couldn't tell who's to blame in this CS + another company case.  Undecided

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
well end of contract is end of contract, no one to blame really as that's just the way it goes when the contract was stamped out and started.

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Ending up being caught between two stools is the situation for actual customers and they will live 'caveat emptor' from now on, that's for sure.
I personally think that neither CS nor another company gained something positive from their viewpoint. Does that help business? Open question.

If another company would spoil their box customers and blames CS for example, why not set up a small and reasonable offer for another company box owners to become CS download customers, even outside of the sales actions? Be creative!
If you handle them nicely and fair, they will always stay CS customers and avoid another company. Business continued!

They won't act like this when no company supports them.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:20am:
If you handle them nicely and fair, they will always stay CS customers and avoid another company. Business continued!
I just think that we need to be careful of which products we buy from another company. If they are resellers for a product, it could be better buying from another store or the developers store. There is nothing wrong with buying their in-house developer products.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
I cant really agree with that as another company have one of the best rewards points systems out there and although they cant offer the same support for some products as the developer can they do try their best to fix issues or help get them fixed. Well for me they have done that Smiley

I did get massive discount when i brought the boxed version of the 757 ages ago Smiley

Product support is what you make of it, some people have very good experiences and other people dont.

Ive only had one CS related support issue and the response from captain sim was top and super fast even though i posted the support issue late in the evening ( most people are home eating dinner or something by the time i posted it ).

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Product support is what you make of it, some people have very good experiences and other people dont.

Sorry, too much euphemism for me.  Huh

Guys, lets stay on topic. The CS 757 bought in a box at another company, nothing more, nothing less. People who've paid for it are now stuck at 4.4.
Both companies involved made their statements and now it's up to the reader's mind to judge them.

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Reply #14 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 6:15pm:
[quote]...People who've paid for it are now stuck at 4.4.
Both companies involved made their statements and now it's up to the reader's mind to judge them.

Last I checked, the 757 Captain (4.4. Boxed) continues to be sold on another company. So, un-suspecting (new) customers will also continue to be stuck at 4.4.

What does "end-of-contract" between CS and another company really mean? It does seem to allow collecting (and probably sharing) further revenue from new another company customers on a mostly un-usable product when a greatly improved (free) upgrade is also available.

Doesn't sound very fair from the perspective of the simmers...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top