Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
 25 USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD (Read 238592 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD
Reply #60 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Captain Sim want you to upload the mods to their online catalog.
More info:

CAPTAIN SIM WEAPON MODS COPYRIGHT POLICY:

Mod is a set of modified file(s) packed in zip archive.

1. Anyone is allowed to modify any content of Captain Sim Weapon product except CSWeapon.dll.
  2. Only files modified by you can be distributed.
  3. Again, do not pack/distribute anything but files modified by you!
  4. Any Mod can be distributed/used exclusively as freeware expansion for Captain Sim Weapon product only.
  5. Any use/modification/distribution of any part of Captain Sim Weapon product in any other projects is not allowed.
  6. Any Mod should be uploaded to our server or any third party web site.
  7. 'Captain Sim' must be listed in the Mod credits. See User's manual for details.
  8. Info on all Mods must be submitted to Captain Sim online catalog. See User's manual for details.
  9. We neither check the content of the Mods nor support them. Use them on your own risk.
 10. All Mods are freeware expansions for Captain Sim Weapon, and remain a property of Captain Sim.
 11. This copyright policy is subject to change without notice.

For commercial use of Captain Sim Weapon product components please contact us.

Hope this helps.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #61 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Cool!  Glad they're doing it! Will make it easier! Cheesy

John

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

HUD Showing on another company F16, But Shrinks/Grows?
Reply #62 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Hey all,

Okay - I've FINALLY gotten the Hud to show on another company's F16 - but oddity, it shrinks and grows with speed?  How can I correct this? 

Example - when I speed up, it expands, and gets larger - when I slow down, it gets small.  Anyway to help me fix this? 

Would be greatly appreciated, making progress - it's there at least in the VC! Smiley

John

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Re: HUD Showing on another company F16, But Shrinks/Grows?
Reply #63 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Question
Why have you opened a new thread on this subject? There is a dedicated topic to third party aircraft!

I thought there was something wrong when you made this comment:
Quote:
Bruce, the F16s in the other folders Alias the main panel, so they all work.  Yippie!

Go back and read my post 51 and 54 very carefully and follow the instructions to the letter. I know what your problem is but let you figure it. You will not learn a thing if continued to be spoon fed!

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #64 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Bruce,

I'm horrid at panel editing - I'll look again, but some of us (like me) need to know exactly what to do....Sad

John

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #65 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 5:17am
Print Post  
I followed the instructions to the letter and its still doing it.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Can you give me a hint as to why this is happening or just please help me and tell me what it is?  As I stated, I'm horrid at panel editing.  Help would be greatly appreciated.  Once I know for this one, I'll know what to do for all.  (I hope)

Thanks in advance,

John

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #66 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Update:

Got the weapons firing, at least - finally - but still have no HUD showing.  I'm wondering what's up with that? 

I am going to work with sizing, and look over my typing.  Maybe I did something different, but hoping it will work - now I'm back to just a big red dashed circle for the hud again, but I'll see what's what later.

Thought I'd give an update to show how it's coming....Smiley

John

IP Logged

barney

Reply #67 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 2:55am
Print Post  
RE- F16 CSW  install. First off thanks  Bruce for posting it.  Ive been playing around with the settings now for 2 days  and i cant seem to get the guns to shoot lower (with the 3dhud) changing the station params radians works fine with 2dhud but when i try it with 3d no go. I experimented with the hud position but no difference, i also tried changing the z co-ords of the collimation data but still no joy. Can anyone tell me which variable i need to change to alter the firing angle in the 3d hud?  Thanks in advance.  Regards Barney.  

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #68 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Barney -

I want to say I THINK that is in the Hud Field of View - I believe that is in the CSWeapon XML file.  I think that's where I saw it.

The SDK Mentions SOMETHING about it when you read it with a picture of the plane and a small circle, then a larger one. 

Hope this helps somewhat - I'm hoping to hear on centering the gauge in the HUD - I have everything working otherwise - but notice the weapons shoot a little high....

John

IP Logged

fael097

needs water-landable fighter
jets!

SDK question
Reply #69 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Let's say i have a plane wich already fires missiles, and have its own weapons systems, so i dont need to install CS weapon panels or anything. but i'd still want to be able to see the nice explosion effects CS made, and the planes i shoot going down.

can this be achieved?

thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Stinger

Re: SDK question
Reply #70 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
If you would happen to be talking about the super hornet for fsx developed by another company then it would be able to be achieved but with a lot of hard work seeing as that planes weapon systems don't create an actual simobject. But if you are meaning to just install the effects and not the actual part that destroys the aircraft, then yes that can be done.

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #71 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Stinger wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:27am:
If you would happen to be talking about the super hornet for fsx developed by another company then it would be able to be achieved but with a lot of hard work seeing as that planes weapon systems don't create an actual simobject. But if you are meaning to just install the effects and not the actual part that destroys the aircraft, then yes that can be done.

yeah, im talking about the superbug, and im talking about either explosion effects, and aircraft destruction, whatever can be achieved.

i assume the superbug sends a variable when a weapon hits a target, so it triggers that plane off its radar.

i also assume CS weapon receives a variable when their missiles hit an airplane, so it triggers the explosion and destruction.

perhaps you could use superbug's variable to trigger CS explosions?

what and where are those variables?

thats the kind of information i would like to see in the SDK.

IP Logged

Stinger

Reply #72 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Well as soon as i actually buy the CS weapon pack(should be tonight) Then I'll get back to you. Right now I'm looking through the superbug to see what actually triggers the explosion

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #73 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Stinger wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 5:29pm:
Well as soon as i actually buy the CS weapon pack(should be tonight) Then I'll get back to you. Right now I'm looking through the superbug to see what actually triggers the explosion

fantastic. have fun, mate!

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #74 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Okay - please someone, I have with the help of FS Panel Studio gotten the hud nice and center On another company's F16 - HOWEVER - the shrinking/growing effect still remains.

Can someone PLEASE help me with what has to be done to stop the shrinking growing effect?  I'll then know what to do on all aircraft - I know it's being "Spoon Fed" as someone tried to help me before, but I'm HORRID at panel editing.  That's why I chose FS Panel Studio to help here.

I Just need the Shrinking/growing effect to stop, then I'll be all set.  

Thanks in advance,

John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top