Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
 25 USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD (Read 238281 times)
Captain Sim
CS Team

USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD
Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
The Weapon is a simple one click installation for default aircraft (listed in the Manual). But installation to a random third-party aircraft obviously requires some extra efforts from a user.

We've provided very flexible Weapon system and the easiest way to make a mod: one xml file configuration. But the mod-person must have advanced knowledge of basic FSX SDK, outstanding attentiveness and patience. It's not for everyone.

Unfortunately we are unable to support any modifications of the Weapon including its installation to third-party aircraft VC because:
- There are hundreds of the third-party aircraft.
- User doing the mod can make any mistake in thousands of different places in various config files.

But we are willing to help and will answer the most typical questions as far as possible.

We see there are a lot of similar questions/issues with installation of the Weapon the various third-party aircraft. Please post all to this topic, that will help others to avoid same mistakes.

Tips on how to avoid popular mistakes: (It updates often so please re-read)

0. 99% of issues are from not following SDK. PLEASE read it BEFORE asking.

1. Do NOT try to install 2D HUD to VC. There's a special VC HUD for VC.

2. For how to install VC HUD please follow VC HUD INSTALLATION section of the SDK.

3. VC HUD gau should be installed on the aircraft's HUD. Of course there's got to be a physical 3D HUD glass with $ poly in the model. Contact the model's developer if you unsure.

4. FSX and Weapon loader must be OFF while you make any changes in the CSWeapon.xml.

With all due respect we will not answer same questions anymore.

If you ask something please:
a. Indicate what HUD you are talking about, 2D or VC.
b. Attach a screenshot of the issue you are reffering to.
c. Describe the issue. Be specific.

IP Logged

YoYo

Position of shot (focus),calibration
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Hello,
I have a question - how to edit focus of shotting by guns? That is, in the addon (not default plane like F/A-18) - gun shoots too high for me (not in the line of eyes), I want to reduce the angle of the shot a little low. How to do it?

I found manual in SDK for HUD only in SimObject/Aircraft/This model for FSX, this line:

<CollimationData>0.0,14.01,3.358,0.307</CollimationData>

in CSWeapon.xml.

I change 0.307 for 0 in notepad (to test it), save it but without results. HUD is in too same place and line of shooting is still to high.
Any ideas?

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Position of shot (focus)
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Please see CALIBRATION section of the manual.

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:40pm:
Please see CALIBRATION section of the manual.

Alex,

The calibration doesn't seem to work. The red circle doesn't show as described in the manual. Please advise.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
CTRL+SHIFT+9
CTRL+SHIFT+0

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Im not sure too, see this picture. The circles are too same, but how to move it up and down? Ctrl+9 , Ctrl+0 (keys for resize a circle) are for HUD Modes (knob start running).

I will try another tests.

I tryed according the manual set HUD position (so, shooting line too).
1/ First:
<Collimate>0</Collimate>
       <!-- VC HUD collimation. 1-yes, 0-no (1). -->
       <TestFrame>1</TestFrame>
       <!-- HUD test pattern. 1-yes, 0-no (0). -->
2/<CollimationData>0.0,14.01,3.358,0.307</CollimationData>
looks like this:

3/ next I change position for:
<CollimationData>0.0,14.01,1.358,0.307</CollimationData>
for test and no any changes of HUD.
For me better tool if in the future will be add small pop-up with this tests and arrows for calibration of HUD (arrows for move), save option in CSWeapon.xml document. Next You will Restart the sim and will be ok. Simple tool Smiley

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
You are trying to set 2D HUD for VC. It's not going to work this way.
VC HUD gau should be installed on the aircrft's HUD $ poly.
Of course there's got to be a physical 3D HUD glass in the new model.
Please see SDK.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Screen #2 looks better. But as soon as you move your head in VC the setup is gone.

Why to put 2D HUD in VC if there's a special VC HUD gau and SDK on how to do that RIGHT?

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #8 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Ok, You're right. I was thinkig 2D HUD is linked with line of shoot directly.
I Found line -  <Station name="Nose" params="
and here I can do modification for angles.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Please read SDK>VC HUD INSTALLATION section.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Calibration
Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I am following the calibration steps in the manual, but have been unsuccessful.  The first calibration I performed, the red calibration circle appeared concentric with the green circle on all 3 aircraft, but the green circle was smaller.  I then used Control + 9 and then ctrl + 0 but the green circle never changed size.  I tried doing that while the red circle was still showing and again after it disappeared, no joy.
I uninstalled Weapons and reinstalled it to deal with a different problem, but now when I open the HUD and try to Calibrate, the red circle is displaced from the center of the green circle.

Has anyone else had these problems or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

IP Logged

Johan

Re: Calibration
Reply #11 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Hi Trailboss,

I have the same calibration issue, on mine, the red circle doesn't even appear. And I also have, like you, the gun sound problem...we will see the reponses to the tickets...

Johan

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
As You can see in my subject here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1297000153 was too same with calibration. Ok, I did it for wrong way (2D > 3D) but steps was too same. I hope it will be fixed. For my best option for this do a small pop-up with arrows for move this circles / hud.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Feb 7th, 2011 at 8:06pm:
I am following the calibration steps in the manual, but have been unsuccessful.  The first calibration I performed, the red calibration circle appeared concentric with the green circle on all 3 aircraft, but the green circle was smaller.  I then used Control + 9 and then ctrl + 0 but the green circle never changed size.  I tried doing that while the red circle was still showing and again after it disappeared, no joy.
I uninstalled Weapons and reinstalled it to deal with a different problem, but now when I open the HUD and try to Calibrate, the red circle is displaced from the center of the green circle.

Has anyone else had these problems or can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Add me to this too. I can't calibrate the circle. When I use CTRL+9 OR CTRL+0, the green circle never changes, it stays the same size. Sad

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #14 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Friends, please make sure you have the latest version of Manual, there was a mistake in earlier version - CTRL+SHIFT+9

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top