Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Was this necessary? (Read 21329 times)
Alcibiades

Just flying for the fun
of it.

Re: Was this necessary?
Reply #30 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
galatei wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:33pm:
Alcibiades wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:40am:
... spent thousands on flightgear and upgrades...

Grin OMG, one should always check what's been written before hitting 'post'. Flightgear is open source and free, and obviously you meant flight gear, so it sounded like you got yourselves ripped off, sideways.
Wink

Yo, buddy, I'm married. If I need someone to tell me I'm stupid I can stay home with my wife.  Wink

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #31 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
ryanyomomma wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm:
 Just because you crossed the finish line first, doesn't make that add-on the "only."

Right, that makes our product the first.

Quote:
I'm not questioning the product itself. I'm questioning the claims of Only and True.

Today it is the ONLY. I'm talking about existing (available to use) products.

IP Logged

ryanyomomma

Reply #32 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:02pm:
ryanyomomma wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm:
 Just because you crossed the finish line first, doesn't make that add-on the "only."

Right, that makes our product the first.

Quote:
I'm not questioning the product itself. I'm questioning the claims of Only and True.

Today it is the ONLY. I'm talking about existing (available to use) products.

I find it rather funny that you till stand by that motto...or more so, you don't mention anything regarding "true." It really makes me question that sort of logic, considering I seen a 90% accurate SMS page, on the fly waypoint/tgt des through the UFD, and I seen accurate CCIP modes on two (even though there is 3) different payware a/c. You didn't even answer to any of the SMS modes, radar (in particular, ground radar which was already seen to be functional), and a true cage function. Do you have anything specific for any of those modes, or features that are current and parallel to NATOPS to say? I want to know why this addon will be more relevant to have...otherwise, I would just be buying this for the sceneries, and AI aircraft to shoot down using the other companies weapon addon..

technically, its still a win-win situation for you because I do have expressed interest in buying this.... at this point, I just want to know if you folks have anything new on the table...and unfortunately, the aircraft that company is basing their weapons addon is based off much newer avionics packages so unless Lockheed and the Air Force release the SOPs and specs for the F-22 or F-35, I don't see anything newer.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #33 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
To sum up I put it simple:
As for today, our product is the only weapon for the entire FSX platform.
All features are clearly listed.
Do you like it? Buy, install, have fun!
You do not like it? Sorry, that's all we've got.  Wink

IP Logged

Stinger

Reply #34 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
ryanyommma don't forget captain sim made this weapon for fsx for ALL AICRAFT/ROTORCRAFT. They can't specifically go into the avionics of a certain aircraft because that would entirely defeat the purpose of them releasing this.

IP Logged

oliveone

pilot since 1958;B52C,D,E,F,G
vet; C-130D vet

Reply #35 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Buy what you like, use what you buy. What's point of debating seniority or singularity?

IP Logged

ryanyomomma

Reply #36 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Stinger wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 6:12pm:
ryanyommma don't forget captain sim made this weapon for fsx for ALL AICRAFT/ROTORCRAFT. They can't specifically go into the avionics of a certain aircraft because that would entirely defeat the purpose of them releasing this.

Obviously you haven't seen that the other company is also releasing an SDK for use in ALL AIRCRAFT like you just so elegantly informed me with.

IP Logged

ryanyomomma

Reply #37 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 9th, 2011 at 4:59pm:
To sum up I put it simple:
As for today, our product is the only weapon for the entire FSX platform.
All features are clearly listed.
Do you like it? Buy, install, have fun!
You do not like it? Sorry, that's all we've got.  Wink

so you're still on Only? Well...that shows a lot.

If its worth anything, I still will buy this product and make use of it. I think you, and especially other users are blind to the fact that I repeatedly stated support in ALL your products, and how I still wanted to buy this in the first place.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #38 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Thank you for support.

IP Logged

biggles

Reply #39 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
It's highly necessary for me, when I'm running short on time, to be able to blow away AI that is in front of me on final. Mark this, I ALWAYS send letters of condolences to the families of the people that were on those planes. ALWAYS.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #40 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:46am
Print Post  
biggles wrote on Feb 12th, 2011 at 10:38pm:
I ALWAYS send letters of condolences to the families of the people that were on those planes. ALWAYS.  Wink

That has to be costing you quite a lot in postage stamps!  Cheesy Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

James F. Chams

Reply #41 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:56am
Print Post  
... now tell me if a payload drop isn't essential to the end of this movie?

Weapons in FSX is the coolest thing to happen to FSX since MS & CaptainSim made their F/A-18 for the Acceleration Pack. Cool

=================

CS Staff,

Would you kindly add the B-52 and XLoad to this update list here: http://www.captainsim.com/support/updates_calendar.html
"We do continue development of the 707, 727, 757, 767 and C-130 series as our key products."
I would very much like see additional Weapons for FSX in the bomb bay, and any enhancements in the way of a Weapons Manager, and any other nice *toy* (like e.g. INS equipment) you can add to enhance these products.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you very much.&&Sincerely,&&From,&&        James F. Chams&&

IP Logged

biggles

Reply #42 - Feb 13th, 2011 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:46am:
biggles wrote on Feb 12th, 2011 at 10:38pm:
I ALWAYS send letters of condolences to the families of the people that were on those planes. ALWAYS.  Wink

That has to be costing you quite a lot in postage stamps!  Cheesy Grin

But of course.

IP Logged

svicar

DEAS GU CATH

Reply #43 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Where to begin?

To start, I am not affiliated with CS so I am not schilling on behalf of them or anyone else. I have purchased and continue to enjoy numerous CS products as well as examples from other companies including the one you mention. Having made that clear, and having followed your rants on this and other sites, I feel compelled to point out a couple of things.

First, your assertion that CS has somehow conspired to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes is utter nonsense. There isn't a company on earth with a marketing department worth their weight that doesn't assert that their product doesn't have some advantage over their competition. Also, for you to assume the people that frequent these forums are so blinded and deceived, is both insulting and presumptuous.

Second, I don't blame CS for removing references to other companies and/or products as it is their right. I am very active in several FSX company forums and it is a common and understandable practice. Why should a company who is trying to sell their products, go through all the effort and expense of forums and a web site to facilitate sales of someone else's product? Now I know you will no doubt point out that this is not necessarily the case at the other guy's site but this is one of the few exceptions. Most simply do not.

Third, you go on and on about how superior the othe guy's product is. Correct me if I'm wrong but it has yet to be released. How, aside from a couple of released promotional videos, on earth do you know exactly what the end product is going to be like?

Again I want to make a few things perfectly clear. I am not standing up for any company. Truth be told, I preordered the competitions product. That is my choice. I also think that the moderators of this forum have been quite lenient with regards to you voicing your opinions. But for the love of all that's holy, move on. You've more than made your feelings known. Any more just diminishes your message and makes you look like a nut job.

IP Logged

Stinger

Reply #44 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Tell me ryan what legacy hornet would you mean by that? And yes I'm well aware of the other companys capabilities because of the fact I'm one of there customers. And I hate people who just go around on forums bashing other equally hard working companys (like what you guys are doing on the other forums). Captain Sim has a right to censor other company's names out. It's their forum not yours. And who in the world said Captain Sim was trying to match up to the other company's product? Their product focuses on something different just like the other company's product does. So don't go making false assumptions when in fact you don't know anything about Captain Sim's intentions.

Have a nice day, I know i will....
Stinger OUT!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top