Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Was this necessary? (Read 21327 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Was this necessary?
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Benzinger wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:33pm:
Shame on You, CaptainSim Cry!

This is the most unnecessary add-on ever programmed! There are numerous combat-simulators out there for those who want to fly them. At least since FS98, MSFS for me always was (and at least for me will ever be) a peaceful simulator where flight sim enthusiasts from all over the world come together for the purpose of having fun and enjoying a peaceful yet only simulated world where everyone can find his place to be. It is sad enough that this is only possible in a kind of parallel-universe based on computers and the internet. Let us keep at least this place peaceful. Those who want to play war games should go where they belong and meet the kind of people that fit to themselves.

Use your energies for developing more products like the historic boeing aircraft! There is still more than enough to do.

For the moment, I must say, the Boeing 707 was so far the last product I purchased from Captain Sim. I am sorry for that, but I will not support this war game nonsene.

Peaceful flying and happy landings

Stefan
Hi Stefan.

I guess you haven't been playing/using FS long enough then. I've been playing/using Flight Sim since 1983 (on a Commodore 64). I remember that the SUBLogic Flight Simulator 2 had a mode where you could fly a biplane and shoot down enemy AI aircraft and bomb specific targets. So this could be seen as a return to its roots.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Benzinger

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Hi Mark,

I was well aware of that fact. This was the reason to point out "... at least since FS98...". I use flight simulators since my first computer (Schneider/Amstrad CPC 664, 1987). In fact, the first peace of software  I bought was a combat flight sim, a Spitfire. Then, there were no civil simulators on the market (or to be precise, I did not know nor could I get one). And yes, I DID shoot down some Luftwaffe bandits.

Well, "...returning to its roots..." goes a little bit too far for me. MSFS and its precessors in my eyes were clearly civil simulators. The "SHIFT-W"-option to start WW I again was just a little gimmick. The later development of MS CFS 1-3 ended for unknown reasons, and I did not miss them.

On the other hand, it is a fact, that military interest has always been the strongest motor for innovation and development in aviation. This goes back to the first days of flying and continues until today. Maybe, this will also go for FSX. Perhaps, future products for FSX will benefit from this piece of software we are talking about.

Under this aspect, let's just see what happens. Let the falcons fly their missions. For me beeing a former army paramedic and later on becoming a medical doctor in real life with a specialization in emergency and trauma care, I will fly a rescue chopper collecting the casualties behind the lines and bringing them back to MASH. Wink

Nice weekend

Stefan

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #17 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Folks, let please let this stay where it belongs - YOUR choice. If you choose to use it, cool, if not, also cool. There are no decisions being made for you. If I fly a B-52 and bomb somewhere in South America, am I affecting you at all? I'm sure VATSIM will NOT ever have a way for it to be used there - so it's just an addon. It's not changing the sim at ALL unless you want it to.

As well, please make jokes or comments about race, religion, politics, etc
they can start page after page of forum fights.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #18 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Benzinger wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:48am:
I was well aware of that fact. This was the reason to point out "... at least since FS98...". I use flight simulators since my first computer (Schneider/Amstrad CPC 664, 1987). In fact, the first peace of software  I bought was a combat flight sim, a Spitfire. Then, there were no civil simulators on the market (or to be precise, I did not know nor could I get one). And yes, I DID shoot down some Luftwaffe bandits.
Sorry Stefan. The way it was written I took it that MSFS 98 was the time you started flight simming. I stand corrected.

Benzinger wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:48am:
Well, "...returning to its roots..." goes a little bit too far for me. MSFS and its precessors in my eyes were clearly civil simulators. The "SHIFT-W"-option to start WW I again was just a little gimmick. The later development of MS CFS 1-3 ended for unknown reasons, and I did not miss them.
Gimmick or not. It was the ability to shoot down AI aircraft and bomb targets, if one wanted to. That is the same thing that Weapon for FSX is. I still say it is like a return to how FS was in its early days.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Whitewolf007

Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Dude?

are you telling me the first time you jumped into the F-18 hornet from Acceleration you didn't try to push the fire button on the joystick and wish for guns.

Cmon

If you don't like it go hug a tree or something!

IP Logged

Pinatubo

Reply #20 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
I am disappointed too. I hoped the efforts of the CS's development team were focused on most necessary things, like new airplanes or improvements in those already existing. But the marketing team knows, or thinks to know, what is better for them. It is a kind of bet, so good luck with this new add-on. Sad

My fleet (CS and from others developers):

L1011; B777-200/F; B777-200/F (LR); MD-11/F;B737-600/700/800/900NG; B767-300/200/F/KC ; B757-300/200/F ; C130 X-perience All-In-One; B707-300/300C; B727-100/200; B737-200/200ADV; WX Radar

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Pinatubo wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 10:59pm:
I  hoped the efforts of the CS's development team were focused on most necessary things, like new airplanes or improvements in those already existing.

We keep working on our existing key producs: http://www.captainsim.com/support/updates_calendar.html

New airliner (737) is in production. So there are really nothing to worry about excessive FSX militarization Smiley

The Weapon for FSX is one of the most inoffensive weapons in this world. It's just a bounce! bang! boom! PC fun. An airline plastic knife is way more dangerous thing.  Wink

IP Logged

YoYo

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
For me personally - totally stupid question in the title of this threat. Sorry. Why? I can give You a small feedback - why devellopers like another company, CaptainSim, Vertigo Studios, A2A and many the others offer for us, simmers combat planes without weapons, without possibility to do combat flight, combat mission, to feel like combat pilot (a little) with ALL futures od M.Flight Simulators series? FS it is only series of navigation of fly or only for good screenshots with high level of scenes? As You see no... Dont like it? Don buy it. FSX never will be like combat sim (like DCS, IL-2, RoF ect.), with good Multiplayer with Combat Operations too - but this is the new way. Way only for part of feeling of combat operations. This is a reason. As You can see FSX it isnt only for Cessna, Beachcraft ect. sim.
I hope this tool will be continue. Continue for fun and some kind of fresh in FSX. I dont want to fly to shot 747, but when I want to take A2A new Spitfire Mk.1 it will be nice to put as AI Bf-109 Emil and try to not only catch him. Catch and shot him. This way will be more realistic for me. Im wrong? Im sure not!
Id like to see some of improvements of this new CS tool, but for me - good job and CS - please ignore opinion like this.

webmaster of YoYosims&&&&Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.56 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 2x2GB=4Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus Radeon HD6970 2Gb DDR5, Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + Logitech 5.1 model X-530, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel
IP Logged

Alcibiades

Just flying for the fun
of it.

Reply #23 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Far as I know, we're all over 18 here. (Some of us were 18 decades ago.) And most of us are well versed in the flightsim world of affairs.

I've owned at least a dozen flight sims, spent thousands on flightgear and upgrades, and have thousands of hours on flightsims, everything from FS98 to Falcon 4 to CFS1 to FSX and one thing I know for sure is that no one ever made me use even one sim or add-on and didn't want to and never, not once, did a sim or add-on someone else was using detract from my fun flying what I was flying.

Everyone flies the way they want to and dat's dat.  Cool

IP Logged

ryanyomomma

Reply #24 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Hi...didn't even know there was a forum on this site..anyway, I'm a longtime fan of your products. The C-130 is an absolute joy to fly! I find it pretty exciting to see you folks release this addon with all the AI and scenery and all, but.. is the motto appropriate? More specifically, "Captain Sim Weapon for FSX is the first and the only true combat expansion ever made for any version of MS Flight Simulator." First. yes, indeed you folks released an addon of this kind first. But saying that you're the "only true" combat expansion?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #25 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your comments.

ryanyomomma wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:23am:
First. yes, indeed you folks released an addon of this kind first. But saying that you're the "only true" combat expansion? Doesn't that sound a little childish and directly pointing that line to another certain company who actually worked on the real counterpart of the aircraft they sell?

If you excuse me, one small correction first. It's not the 'only true' but 'the only' at all.

As far as Captain Sim Weapon for FSX is in fact the only combat expansion for FSX today, our statement is true and it does not sound childish Smiley

As soon as we buy and get another product we'll be happy to remove 'the only' from our texts.  

IP Logged

ryanyomomma

Reply #26 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 3:43pm:
Thanks for your comments.

If you excuse me, one small correction first. It's not the 'only true' but 'the only' at all.

As far as Captain Sim Weapon for FSX is in fact the only combat expansion for FSX today, our statement is true and it does not sound childish Smiley

As soon as we buy and get another product we'll be happy to remove 'the only' from our texts.  

I know that you know what company i'm talking about, and you know they were developing this same exact thing for over a year. Just because you crossed the finish line first, doesn't make that add-on the "only."

Like I said, don't get me wrong. I'm not questioning the product itself. I'm questioning the claims of Only and True.

EDIT: hallelujah to another unexisting product removed.

IP Logged

Ian P

Reply #27 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
While I can see both sides of the argument for keeping weapons out of the sim or adding them, please, let's not get into a ridiculous slanging match over which of the current products released or in development is "better".

The answer is neither. They do different things. Both - depending on sales apparently - will evolve, by the sound of it towards each others' territory, but right now they do entirely different things so there's no direct comparison. Seriously, getting into "mine's better than yours" fights is utterly pointless and just wastes everyone's time and bandwidth.

Just to stay on topic, as I have said elsewhere, my take on this is that provided the weapons add-ons cannot affect the sim experience of someone who doesn't wish to use them (which is currently the case), I have no problem at all with them. But I do respect the wishes of those who don't want them as well. A heck of a lot of people do!!!

Ian P.

IP Logged

galatei

Reply #28 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Benzinger wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:33pm:
Shame on You, CaptainSim Cry!

This is the most unnecessary add-on ever programmed! There are numerous combat-simulators out there for those who want to fly them. At least since FS98, MSFS for me always was (and at least for me will ever be) a peaceful simulator where flight sim enthusiasts from all over the world come together for the purpose of having fun and enjoying a peaceful yet only simulated world where everyone can find his place to be. It is sad enough that this is only possible in a kind of parallel-universe based on computers and the internet. Let us keep at least this place peaceful. Those who want to play war games should go where they belong and meet the kind of people that fit to themselves.

Use your energies for developing more products like the historic boeing aircraft! There is still more than enough to do.

For the moment, I must say, the Boeing 707 was so far the last product I purchased from Captain Sim. I am sorry for that, but I will not support this war game nonsene.

Peaceful flying and happy landings

Stefan

Nobody says you have to buy it. Really, frustrations should never ever end up on forums like this. Btw, even without any weapons, one could use a plane to do horrible things (9/11 anyone?).
So, don't buy it, but by saying that you will never buy anything else from CS, is only going to be your personal loss.

Happy flying.

&&CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 940 @3.42GHz&&MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+&&MEM : Crucial 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Ballistix&&GFX : ATI 6850 1GB Core:750MHz Mem:4GHz&&HD  : WDC 640GB-16MB-SATA2-Black/WDC 320GB-16MB-SATA2-Black&&PSU : Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU Fan 120mm&&OS  : Windows 7 x64 HP Retail&&SCR : Samsung Syncmaster 2053BW 20" + Acer AL1716 17"&&

IP Logged

galatei

Reply #29 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Alcibiades wrote on Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:40am:
... spent thousands on flightgear and upgrades...

Grin OMG, one should always check what's been written before hitting 'post'. Flightgear is open source and free, and obviously you meant flight gear, so it sounded like you got yourselves ripped off, sideways.
Wink

&&CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 940 @3.42GHz&&MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+&&MEM : Crucial 4GB DDR2 1066MHz Ballistix&&GFX : ATI 6850 1GB Core:750MHz Mem:4GHz&&HD  : WDC 640GB-16MB-SATA2-Black/WDC 320GB-16MB-SATA2-Black&&PSU : Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU Fan 120mm&&OS  : Windows 7 x64 HP Retail&&SCR : Samsung Syncmaster 2053BW 20" + Acer AL1716 17"&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top