Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 Starting Engines on B-52 Driver (Read 88339 times)
WesFSTGDB

Re: Starting Engines on B-52 Driver
Reply #45 - Apr 13th, 2011 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Thank you! Problem resolved! So far so good, love it. Will have to try some of your other products.

Thanks again,
-Wes

IP Logged

Snake323CO

Reply #46 - May 5th, 2011 at 5:52am
Print Post  
I'm having the same issue, rluvsk06.  When I first start FSX, and I select ANY plane, other than the B-52, for Free Flight, they all start with their engines on and ready to go.  When I select the B-52, the engines are off and I can NOT get the d*** things going.  I've used every step that has been supplied in this forum.  Then when I go back and select another aircraft, even the same one I selected prior to the B-52, they're engines are spooling down, and require a start.   
Somehow the B-52 is causing all the other AC to start with their engines off, once the B-52 has been select to fly in Free Flight.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #47 - May 5th, 2011 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hi Snake323CO.

For starting the engines, try this:

1. Turn all the fuel knobs so that all the fuel tanks are feeding ALL the engines.
2. Then pull the throttle levers all the way back (as if you were putting it into full reverse thrust).
3. Flip the first set of start switches, then press F1 and then tap F3 a couple of times just to advance the throttles a bit. The engines should start.
4. Flip the next set of start switches, but don't touch the throttle this time. The engines should start.
5. Repeat step 4 for the remaining two sets of engines.

All engines should be running now. That works for me.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Snake323CO

Reply #48 - May 5th, 2011 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks Markoz, but still no go.  The engines will not start.  And more importantly, after selecting the B-52, all the other aircraft initialize with there engines spooling down, so that they have to be started as well.
Hopefully this will get resolved soon.  I'd love to fly the buff.
Thanks again.
Snake303CO

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #49 - May 6th, 2011 at 12:26am
Print Post  
When you get the B-52 loaded, press SHIFT+F1 followed by SHIFT+F4, THEN use the method described in my previous reply.
Every now and then, when I can't get the engines started on add-on (payware) aircraft, this can sometimes be the solution.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Snake323CO

Reply #50 - May 6th, 2011 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Well...dii all the recommended steps, and still no luck.  The engines will not fire off.  The rpms never get past 20.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #51 - May 6th, 2011 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Hmmm. This one is a real puzzler.

1. Have you started FSX using one of the B-52 flights found in <Documents>\Flight Simulator X files\? Â-52 Cleared for takeoff (KNKX) and Â-52 Cold-n-Dark (KNKX)? Make sure to double click on the one the  FSSAVE file and not the FLT or WX. This will load FSX straight into the flight, bypassing FSX Opening Screen.

2. What is the Free Flight default flight? Including the aircraft and aircraft system settings details.

Â-52 is a fault that will be fixed in the next update!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

sumguy

Reply #52 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:26am
Print Post  
I've found that leaving the throttles slightly open and then hitting CTRL E will start the engines. I Just  hit Ctrl 4 times and the engines slowly come to life. I've got one of those Saitek yoke setups with the quadrants and found that If I pull the throttles all the way back the engines will cut off. That's when I figured that there must be some relation to throttle position. Sure enough, for me at least, that was the solution.

IP Logged

sumguy

Reply #53 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Recently I saw a vid on YouTube that showed some B-52's being refueled by some KC-135's. I believe the vid was uploaded by Capt sim. Is there an add-on KC-135 available for B-52 Driver? I've searched all over and haven't seen any mention of it. It'd sure make a great add-on.

IP Logged

gar

Reply #54 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 4:12am
Print Post  
having exact same problems listed here, none of the solutions worked but I knew they would not because it's a problem with this mod. At first I thought yes it was a keymap problem or a config prob but now that I see all the other complaints here and how janky the engine start system for this B52 is god awful. I know it's a lost cause and this is not working right. People saying to try fixes like gently tapping CTRL+SHIFT+42+ALT+BACKSPACE+ANYKEY 5 times while holding one hand on the top of your head but none of that works. The engines keep starting and stopping themselves over and over, nothing makes the plane budge other than holding CTRL+SHIFT+F4 and letting go of it kills it. Also it's annoying that this mod then makes all my other planes cycle their engines down and I have to go through the startup process for each one (which they never fail to do by the way) but no matter what this broken mod will not work and plane won't start sorry to say I will look to fly one made from another place

IP Logged

gar

Reply #55 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 4:31am
Print Post  
very frustrating both me and my dad wanted to be pilot and copilot we have all the switches the batteries turned on fuel on engines on throttle set to every thing we can think of reverse full zero 1% nothing will start engines they just sit there. he has bad eyes too and some of the buttons and dials not having tooltips was not good decision

we installed this on hit FSX on his laptop got same exacpt problem there we cant get the plane engines to start

can someone who actually HAD this problem and then got it to fix please reply with what you did? others here who do not have this problem cant fix it or they they say "works fine for me" cause none of the solutions here work or make sense. we copied the steps in the engine start youtube videos and nothing

nothing happens until we hit CTRL SHIFT F4 that will do something but all it does is make us go full throttle and I have to sit there holding down the 3 buttons on the keyboard cause if I let go they die

he is upset we bought this and its not fun like our other planes that work

IP Logged

gar

Reply #56 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 4:52am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Dec 14th, 2010 at 4:22pm:
Just recheked, engines starting up OK. From our cold flight it runs with Ctrl+E like a charm.

Most likely all issues here have been caused by wrong throttle/cutoff positions.

This is a magic formula from Bill Gates:
Ctrl+Shift+F4  then F1  then Ctrl+E

I don't understand what you are saying the magic formula is CTRL SHIFT F4 cause as soon as I let go of that the engines die and F1 is just to make throttle go to zero which is by default and CTRL E is suppose to start the engines also by default so if the default is not working for us then why suggest it it is confusing Sad

our plane sits there CTRL E only does the first 2 engine startups, we see the switches toggle up when we CTRL-E but no power no nothing, the dials in the middle do not move, the other engines to not go to startup until we flip all the switches and we here them come on but no power. Nothing moves no dials no power until we press CTRL+SHIFT+F4 and that is a broke way to fly

I don't understand what throttle cutoffs are and all that for starting the plane can I get a better explaination of where exactly the throttle MUST BE for engines to start? our plane is not like a car where everyone has different ones and gas pedal is slightly different for everyone we all have the same exact program installed it should start for you like it starts for me at 5% throttle 1% or wwhatever it is but not randomly picking a magic number every time hoping it works and starts that makes absolutely no sense

IP Logged

gar

Re: B-52 Driver Engine Start Sequence
Reply #57 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Quote:
I've put together a video that shows one method of an engine starting sequence.
There is NO SOUND in the video! Maybe I'll fix that later  Smiley

I don't understand what you aredoing with the generators or why you don't push F1 to make all the throttles go to 0 instead of going reverse then dragging each one up. I do the exact same thing I see you are doing and the engines to not start I hear them on but with no power until I push CTRL SHIFT F4 and you have no sound and I don't see you move at all just like me the power sits at zero even if I have full throttle on and does not move until I push CTRL SHIFT F4

IP Logged

gar

Reply #58 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
I've added a new video that shows a fast start from Cold-n-Dark (there's audio this time!)

youtube.com/watch?v=nkZppl-3KWo

again did exact same as video nothing happens

when I toggle the engine starters up I hear them and the dials move when they get to 20 just like you did I take the throttles up just above 0% nothing happens the fuel and rpm dials stay at zero and we do not hear them start

the ignition noise you hear we can only hear it when I press and hold CTRL+SHIFT+F4 we hear that popping then they start and stay on but when I let go it stops and everything dies

we reinstalled all of FSX delete program files folder and then reinstall all of it and the b52 driver it does the exact same thing we can get all the other planes to fly not this one

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #59 - Nov 22nd, 2013 at 6:37am
Print Post  
gar wrote on Nov 22nd, 2013 at 5:54am:
Quote:
I've added a new video that shows a fast start from Cold-n-Dark (there's audio this time!)

youtube.com/watch?v=nkZppl-3KWo

again did exact same as video nothing happens

when I toggle the engine starters up I hear them and the dials move when they get to 20 just like you did I take the throttles up just above 0% nothing happens the fuel and rpm dials stay at zero and we do not hear them start

the starting noise you hear we can only hear it when I press and hold CTRL+SHIFT+F4 we hear that popping then they start and stay on but when I let go it stops and everything dies

When starting the engines, here is what I do:

1. Turn the Master Battery Switch ON
2. Press E, release it, then press 1 (NOT Numpad 1) - so that you are only in control of Engines 1 & 2
3. Turn on Engine Start for Engines 1&2. As they spool up (before they reach 20%), press F2 AND HOLD IT until the levers are all the way back (it is NOT reverse thrust), then F1 to return it to 0%, then F3 to advance it slightly. Engines 1 & 2 should start.
4.  Press E, release it, the press 2 - so that you are only in control of Engines 3 & 4
5. Turn on Engine Start for Engines 3 & 4. As they spool up (before they reach 20%), press F2 AND HOLD IT until the levers are all the way back, then F1 to return it to 0%, then F3 to advance it slightly. Engines 3 & 4 should start.
6.  Press E, release it, the press 3 - so that you are only in control of Engines 5 & 6
7. Turn on Engine Start for Engines 5 & 6. As they spool up (before they reach 20%), press F2 AND HOLD IT until the levers are all the way back, then F1 to return it to 0%, then F3 to advance it slightly. Engines 5 & 6 should start.
8.  Press E, release it, the press 4 - so that you are only in control of Engines 7 & 8
9. Turn on Engine Start for Engines 7 & 8. As they spool up (before they reach 20%), press F2 AND HOLD IT until the levers are all the way back, then F1 to return it to 0%, then F3 to advance it slightly. Engines 7 & 8 should start.
10. Press E, release it, then press 5. This allows you to control of ALL your engines.
11. Turn on all the Engine Generators.

Follow that, and the engines should start.

This is not doing it using a checklist, this is just a simple way of starting the engines in the B-52. It works every time for me.

NOTE: The CS B-52 does not have reverse thrust - so IF you pull the throttle levers all the way back when you land, you will shut all the engines down!Don't worry, you won't be the first to do it. I know I diud it the first few times I flew the B-52 Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top