Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed (Read 56672 times)
CoolP

List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:20am
Print Post  
As I found this bird to be a classic and very enjoyable one, I'd like to share some findings or collect all current known bugs in one thread to allow a fix.

Some things here might be new while others just repeat some demands and descriptions from the forums.
The purpose is to check the items listed here, mark them as "bug" or "user failure" and, when marked as bug, to drop some tickets in the support system to allow intervention from Captain Sim.

Please don't post somehow personal problems like "I can't start the engines" or "how is this or that working?" here.

Off we go .. the list order does not represent any priority and the items refer to the FSX version (2.4) only.

1. The aircraft has to be loaded twice to enable the sound effects on the switches.

2. The Captain's ADI and RMI is doubled on the FO's side. This causes the FO's ADI to show only Nav1 readings while it should be possible to see and set up Nav2 related items there.
The DME readings can be read individually, but all other settings are just doubled Nav1 ones.

Edited:
The current version 1.3 of the 707 shows another enhancement, giving you DME1 readings in the RMI and DME2 readings on that small DME gauge. So you only have to watch the Captain's side to stay informed about distances.
The 727 currently looks like this, just doubling the DME1 readings.

The better and more useful setup would be like this, showing DME1 and 2 on one side.

This picture was taken after a modification which you can find on p.4 of this thread.

3. The pressurization system doesn't work at all.
First thing are the knobs on the pressurization panel. Especially the No. 14 one has to be turned long, very long until the needle moves.

Sadly, even if you can move the needle to set up a desired cabin alt for the flight, the system doesn't follow this setting and the cabin alt goes up with the aircraft alt.
In real life, passengers and pilots would have to wear masks to avoid loosing consciousness and more.

4. There are "EPR set knobs" and you can use them of course but the manual states that they are driven automatically when pushed in.
You can push them in (use the mouse button 3 for this, the wheel pushed) but you don't have any PDCS unit on board to drive them automatically.
So the manuals have to be revised here or such a unit has to be implemented.
Quote:
The EPR set reference index is automatically set by the PDCS unit when the EPR set knob is pushed into the
automatic position.

Also, the tooltip value does not reflect the actual readings.

5. The radar popup clickspot isn't working. The mouse cursor changes but there's no popup if you click there.
I don't know if this popup is intended but the clickspot is there.

6. The manuals mix up the "Pneumatic Brake Pressure Indicator" and the hydraulic one.

7. The Cockpit Voice Recorder shows no readings or tones when "test" is pressed.

8. The "Hydraulic Brake Interconnect Light" doesn't stay on when the valve is set to open.

9. The "Oil Quantity Test Switch" does not test the quantity readings but the pressure. Wrong gauges tested then.
Here it is pressed

and here it is not pressed

10. The "Oxygen Pressure Indicating Light" never comes on, even if the Oxygen is manually enabled.

11. What is the "Flight Control Warning Test Switch" supposed to do? I can't find a description in the manuals.

12. You can't set up the VOR tone identifiers to be heard anywhere.

13. There are no cockpit sounds when the avionics are on, there's no trim wheel sound, you can't hear a spoiler sound.

14. The manuals speak of some things that aren't there or called by other names in the cockpit.

Not there:
- STERILE COCKPIT LIGHT

Other names:
- STROBE LIGHTS (if they are set with the "Beacon" switch, this item should be named differently)
- NO SMOKE (should be "no smoking". Yeah, that's a minor one, I know)

15. The "quiet wing" placard is visible even on non-quiet planes.

16. The HDG switch on the AP can only be operated in the 2D popup if you want to set it back to "off".
See Reply #8 for details.

17. There are some misspellings on the engineers DOOR ANNUNCIATOR PANEL

"TAIL SLID; AFT AIRSTAR" (thanks Lou for the input on this)

Edited:
18. The stick shaker isn't operational since there's no sound connected to it.
See p.4 Reply #58 for details on this.

19. The landing gear config warning horn can't be triggered/heard, there only is a cutout lever.

If you see any user errors here, correct or help me. Much appreciated.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Remaining bugs (and maybe some wishes then)
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:53am
Print Post  
Quote:
5. The radar popup clickspot isn't working. The mouse cursor changes but there's no popup if you click there.
I don't know if this popup is intended but the clickspot is there.

The Weather Radar in the VC is the same one as the CS Weather Radar (that is a separate purchase, but a free bonus in the 727 and can't be used in other aircraft). The CS Weather Radar also shows a hand and it too, doesn't open the 2D Weather Radar Panel. It is my opinion that this would be better added to the CS Weather Radar forum.

Quote:
24 Feb '10: WXR in the 727

CS Weather Radar is included in the 727 Captain version 2.4 as a free bonus.

It's just my opinion. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Remaining bugs (and maybe some wishes then)
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Welcome, Mark. Glad you're on this list too.  Smiley

I own the weather radar addon too (very good by the way) and was just wondering about the clickspot.
As nobody needs the clickspot to open the 2D radar, because everyone can drive the switches in the VC, my suggestion to CS would be to get rid of it.

Is that clickspot a general fault on the (separate) gauge? Then you are right about the other forum to be a better place for posting this.

Adding the WXR to the VC in the 727 as a free bonus was a great idea from CS, no doubt about it.

IP Logged

Re: List of Bugs after 2.4 - Comments needed
Reply #3 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
I would add the "HDG Switch" in VC does not switch to OFF

Intel qx9650 4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x500 GB Seagate, Asus Strike II Formula, GTX 285, Windows 7 x64&& http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner1.gif&&; http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif&&;&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Help us a bit. I wonder which switch is mentioned and what "off" means then.
Do you have a screenshot and a more detailed description of the issue?

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #5 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
I am not sure if this is an issue or I am the only one noticing it in my sys. When I change heading I use the heading knob; Fine so far...If I use the wheel(rolling) on my mouse to adjust the heading pointer keeps turning all the way round until I click the mouse again to make it stop,and the use the knob to set it...

<div class=
IP Logged

DrJ1

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
The Generators on the main engines do not appear to power the aircraft systems.  You need to have the APU running or add the line in the cfg file about "electric system always available"

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Yes, these "hanging" switch activations are somehow common but not a special Captain Sim problem in my eyes.

As for the other problem with the generators, I must say that I don't have this cfg line edited and get sufficient electrical power from the engines so far.
It just takes a second after APU shutdown and maybe a slightly higher idle power to let the engine generators "pop in" and the generator lights to come off. Switch positions should of course allow a feeding from the engines.

With that edited line you advise the model to always have ground power like feeding. I would agree on seeing this as a bug but as I said, for me it's not necessary as the generators are working.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm:

I was meaning this switch here. In VC you can switch it only to on but no back to off. To switch it off you have to open the 2D-panel.

Intel qx9650 4 GHz, 8GB RAM, 2x500 GB Seagate, Asus Strike II Formula, GTX 285, Windows 7 x64&& http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner1.gif&&; http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c131/c131_captain.gif&&;&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
avatar wrote on Oct 20th, 2010 at 3:02pm:
CoolP wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 5:48pm:

I was meaning this switch here. In VC you can switch it only to on but no back to off. To switch it off you have to open the 2D-panel.

I'll second that. Smiley

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Ok, I'll put that on the list.
Didn't stumble upon this one as I only operate the AP with the popup. Thanks for the input.

Any ideas or comments about the other things mentioned?
Captain Sim have just put out the 1.2 of the 707 and stated (See this post: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286222773/120#120) that they are now on the other planes (maybe meaning new ones of course) for this year and I'd like to have those items verified somehow to feed the guys with tickets then.

The list for the 757 is almost finished (you'll see a thread in the next days) and then I'll move on to the 767. Of course, the 707 still needs attention too.
But lets go through the 727 items currently lacking some function and hope for a nice 2.5 release.

With your help, every next service pack might be a real good one.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Bumping this a bit, sorry.

I spoke to some guys here and there and we came across the opinion that there are some more or less significant bugs on the 707, 727, 757, 767 remaining, even after e. g. Service Pack 4 on some products.

While this is a not so good statement towards beta testing in some eyes, I think the products itself lack of some (right made) user input.
What do I mean?

Well, I can see some guys complaining about this and that in forums but I can't read any report that they've issued tickets on those items.
As we all know and find comprehensible, the support at Captain Sim works through this system and therefor the complains in forums are "nice" but useless, if nobody clicks his Profile and issues a ticket.

I have to thank the guys working together on lists like this one or on the 707 one before, but these guys are the exceptions while the vast amount of remaining people just posts "this is not working", without pictures, without descriptions and without ever setting up a ticket.
So what do you expect to happen then?  Wink

Some of you might have seen me in other forums too and fighting this "they still haven't fixed it" mentality of some, because just sitting there in front of a monitor and waiting for a dev to start fixing things although nobody ever reported them is somehow naive, don't you think?

So the purpose of this list and all others to come is to produce tickets for Captain Sim.
If they reject those (which they won't do and haven't done so far), you can start complaining, but not before.

IP Logged

Joe Rod

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Please let me add some comments here:

1- I really miss the stab trim noise;

2- It`s missing the altitude alert sound. The light is ok, but the noise is a must;

3- The pressurization panel is mainly the -100. I really don`t know if there is any -200 with that panel. And it`s true, it`s not working at all.

4- One thing that is weird, in principle, is flight dynamics.
Unless I`m doing something wrong, as I make the check list by recall (I know, captains, checklists must be read, but I`m just having fun), it almost impossible to climb descently with a good rate!
With 130k lbs in a -200, that mtw is aprox 190 to 200k lbs, the 727 should climb like a rocket. But CS 727 climbs very hard with this wheigt. It needs step climbing to go to FL 350. Please, tell me if you are getting the same expereinces cause I don`t know if I`m doing anything wrong.

5- Max epr is too low. In a hot day, it the plane heavy, it should be more than 2,00. And with cushion in the throtle levers.

6- With power down to idle, lg retracted, theres a loud noise that the FE should reset by pulling a lever. In real life, the FE should antecipate the pilot comand to idle and pull the lever before the annoyng buzz come up. In my trainning days I`d have to pay some beers to the pilots for forgeting to do that.

I can list more detail of the FE panel, but I guess it`s not relavant.
I still have the originals manuasl, if someone wants more informations or tables.

One thing I must tell is that I`m not complaining at all.
CS made a wonderfull job, it worths every cent I paid!!! I`m really enjoyng it, it is a wonderfull hobby, for me and my kids.

Everything can be improved and I thing we can help CS to do that.

Thanks for you all (and forgive me cause english is not my native languge)

IP Logged

Joe Rod

Reply #13 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 6:39pm:
I am not sure if this is an issue or I am the only one noticing it in my sys. When I change heading I use the heading knob; Fine so far...If I use the wheel(rolling) on my mouse to adjust the heading pointer keeps turning all the way round until I click the mouse again to make it stop,and the use the knob to set it...

It`s true. Very annoyng. You can crash a plane because of it.

Should be correct, cause it is a bug, not a improvement.

i will open a ticket.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #14 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:56am
Print Post  
To CoolP's post above.

strange meaning:
- TAILSKID (extends and retracts with the gear lever movement and nobody can watch this thing in flight, so  a checklist item "GEAR . .  OFF, LTS, OUT" together with "TAILSKID. .  RETRACTED" is confusing).

After the gear handle is moved and while it's still in the up position the F/E will monitor the tail skid light on the AUX panel.
The Tail Skid light is an in transit light and should go out when the skid reaches it's proper position. UP when the gear is retracted & down when extended. If the light is on after retraction & the gear lever is still in the up position, it means the skid did NOT retract. The problem here is that there is a slight drag problem & ice can build-up on the skid from the rear sink drains and cause a big problem if and when it falls off. On landing the same procedure is used to insure skid extension for landing.

There are some misspellings on the panel: TAIL SLID; AFT AIRSTAR

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top