Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
 25 USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD (Read 238687 times)
Ragtopjohnny

I GIVE UP!!!!  3RD PARTY INSTALLS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
Reply #75 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
I just wanted to say, after 2 weeks of trying to get this to work, I give up.  it's an impossible product. 

Sad to say, it looked VERY interesting, but it's just not with the time and hassle. 

Captain Sim, please develop an EASIER way for 3rd party integration - instead of just "Referre to SDK" for your responses.  The SDK explains NOTHING.

I haven't flown in the past two weeks, just because of trying to get this impossible product to function.

Sorry Captain Sim, but until you include an auto installer for ALL aircraft that you might have in FS, I'm not going back to it.

Thanks to all the other members here who tried to help me out - to a point, until I was told I was being "Spoon Fed, and they knew what was wrong...."

John

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Re: I GIVE UP!!!!  3RD PARTY INSTALLS IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
Reply #76 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Glad you pointed the finger at me.

You must realize I had the collimator expanding and collapsing issue during my development because of a mistake I made in trying to make the installation easier.

Are you sure you sure you have placed the csWeapons.xml file in the 'aircraft' folder as per my instructions and NOT in the 'panel' folder.

There air 3 individual 'aircraft' folders for the F16 A in which the csWeapons.xml must be placed. If the xml file is placed in the panel folder it will react as you described and that is why the 'alias' pointer worked for you which is wrong!!!

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #77 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 4:47am
Print Post  
Bruce,

Yes - it was in the Aircraft folder.  There was literally nothing at all in the Panel folder.

It's just an impossible venture - I don't know why I can't get it working.

Sorry if I seemed to come on strong about it, its been almost a week with out flying, which is what the sim should really be about.  

Each of those models as well also had the XML file from the original aircraft folder.  

If there's any other theories, I'm welcome to it, but it's just utterly impossible for me, sadly - Sad  A shame, I really wanted to enjoy this.

Again, apologies coming off strongly, I just needed to know what I was doing wrong, and wish I was told in the beginning, that's all.

By the way - update - reinstalled it, and also went with your directions again, it now works.  Thanks SO MUCH For your help.  Now I know what to do on future installs! Can't wait to use this now.   Cool

John

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Re: USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD
Reply #78 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:31am
Print Post  
OK, good luck with future installs. Sounds like you had the xml file in the 'aircraft' directory but did not delete it out of the 'another company 16A Panel' folder which has all the files for the 3 variations of the AS F16A.

Why don't you now try the AM and C models and see how you go?

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #79 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Ragtopjohnny wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 12:17am:
I just wanted to say, after 2 weeks of trying to get this to work, I give up.  it's an impossible product.  

John,
sorry to hear that.
But believe me, it is possible, moreover some people already did it.
We've provided the easiest way to make a mod: one xml file configuration. But the mod-person must have advanced knowledge of bacis FSX SDK, outstanding attentiveness and patience. It's not for everyone.

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #80 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
No worries Captain Sim -

I did get it finally with Bruce's last advice - it really works now for me, and I am going to ENJOY it.  

Thanks again though for your reply, it's just it got so aggrevating fooling around all the time and no flying - now at least I can fly as well, and know what to do next time. Smiley

It's cool, it works fine now. And that's across the board on the F16s.  She's packin' Smiley

Thanks again Bruce!  Smiley Grin

Was up until 1am again getting it to work last night, but worth it! Cheesy

John

IP Logged

thunderbirds

too upset with it
Reply #81 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:42am
Print Post  
i purchased this and its not working with my 3rd party aircraft
i would like to request a refund
its not usable Angry

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: too upset with it
Reply #82 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
thunderbirds wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 7:42am:
its not working with my 3rd party aircraft
its not usable

Sorry to hear that, but the fact you cannot make a mod for a 3rd party aircraft does not make the product unusable.

IP Logged

GunPilot64D

Reply #83 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Hello All,

I just bought this program today, and I'm having a big problem. I've only gotten one Helicopter to work. and even then that Aircraft only worked once. Since then every Helicopter I've "Armed" using the loader has loaded with the rounds remaining counter showing 0000. I've tried reloading the aircraft with no luck. I've tried reinstalling the program all together, and all I come up with is 0000's.

The 2d panel and HUD show up just fine, but there's no ammo. I haven't done any tweaking of  XML's or config files. Just set it up like the instructions said. All of the Jet's work and reload just fine, but the helicopters refuse to arm. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #84 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
its not usable Angry

Is your operating system Vista or Windows 7? If it is, are you running the Loader as an administrator? Not running the loader as an administrator could be preventing from adding it to the 3rd party aircraft in FSX. Even more so if you are using one those OS's and FSX is installed in the default Program Files directory.

GunPilot64D wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:00pm:
The 2d panel and HUD show up just fine, but there's no ammo. I haven't done any tweaking of  XML's or config files. Just set it up like the instructions said. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Weapon for FSX to see if that fixes it. I only see the 0000 ammo if I mess up the CSWeapon.xml, which makes me think that the unit.dat file could be corrupt.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ragtopjohnny

Reply #85 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Where is the third party mods section so we can see what's out there? 

I click on that old link and get "Insufficient Rights"  Now I have it in my F16, I want to do others - thanks in advance....Smiley

John

IP Logged

GunPilot64D

Reply #86 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:29pm:
its not usable Angry

Is your operating system Vista or Windows 7? If it is, are you running the Loader as an administrator? Not running the loader as an administrator could be preventing from adding it to the 3rd party aircraft in FSX. Even more so if you are using one those OS's and FSX is installed in the default Program Files directory.

GunPilot64D wrote on Feb 19th, 2011 at 4:00pm:
The 2d panel and HUD show up just fine, but there's no ammo. I haven't done any tweaking of  XML's or config files. Just set it up like the instructions said. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Weapon for FSX to see if that fixes it. I only see the 0000 ammo if I mess up the CSWeapon.xml, which makes me think that the unit.dat file could be corrupt.

Mark

I just re installed, and re loaded everything again, and now everything seems to be behaving properly. Not sure what the issue was. And Yes I am running windows 7. I ran the loader and FSX as an administrator with no joy, but the re-reinstall and re-re load seemed to work for some reason.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #87 - Feb 20th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
There are numerous references in this thread to using SDK.  I installed SDK but can't get it to open.  On a different forum I found this link about correct installation of SDK: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)
Can I get an opinion from CS and other simmers on whether or not these multiple steps are the definitive solution to getting it to open?

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #88 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Are you using the CS weapon SDK.This is a sparate download from the CS site, and is a Shocked zip file which opens as an Adobe PDF file

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #89 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 2:20am
Print Post  
rservice,
No I'm referring to the FSX SDK, completely different.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top