Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Was this necessary? (Read 21328 times)
Benzinger

Was this necessary?
Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Shame on You, CaptainSim Cry!

This is the most unnecessary add-on ever programmed! There are numerous combat-simulators out there for those who want to fly them. At least since FS98, MSFS for me always was (and at least for me will ever be) a peaceful simulator where flight sim enthusiasts from all over the world come together for the purpose of having fun and enjoying a peaceful yet only simulated world where everyone can find his place to be. It is sad enough that this is only possible in a kind of parallel-universe based on computers and the internet. Let us keep at least this place peaceful. Those who want to play war games should go where they belong and meet the kind of people that fit to themselves.

Use your energies for developing more products like the historic boeing aircraft! There is still more than enough to do.

For the moment, I must say, the Boeing 707 was so far the last product I purchased from Captain Sim. I am sorry for that, but I will not support this war game nonsene.

Peaceful flying and happy landings

Stefan

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Was this necessary?
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Stefan, while I appreciate your viewpoint, maybe you can answer a short question after your prologue.

How exactly is your experience or even your installation harmed when other guys install weapons, scenery or something else to their PCs?
And maybe an additional one.
How is this global "peace" influenced if you or somebody else installs weapons or anything related to it into his simulator?

Do you think the game changed because you can shoot now? I could bet that your FSX installation still is the same and always will be until you change something in it. So your freedom isn't harmed at all while this strict "please develop something else" appeal actually does harm the freedom of other guys.  Wink
So one part of this peace you may be talking about should be the freedom to actually chose if you buy, use or like stuff, doesn't it?
We're talking about a simulator here, nothing which influences other people's lives, so the moral aspect of weapons in this thing is very weak in my eyes and shouldn't be stressed too much since this is just a game.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Well said CoolP!
You've just saved me a posting reply Smiley

IP Logged

Benzinger

Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:41pm:
Stefan, while I appreciate your viewpoint, maybe you can answer a short question after your prologue.

How exactly is your experience or even your installation harmed when other guys install weapons, scenery or something else to their PCs?

It is not harmed at all. I absolutely accept the existence of combat flight simulators. Should everyone install, what he prefers. I can live with that. But I personally don't like war games.

And maybe an additional one.
How is this global "peace" influenced if you or somebody else installs weapons or anything related to it into his simulator?

Most probably, this little add-on will not change anything, I agree with you. It is just a question of attitude.

Do you think the game changed because you can shoot now? I could bet that your FSX installation still is the same and always will be until you change something in it. So your freedom isn't harmed at all while this strict "please develop something else" appeal actually does harm the freedom of other guys.  Wink

Well I suggest CaptainSim to use their energies to improve their recent products. And there is enough to do, be honest. To point out this fact is not "harming people's freedom". It is a customer's right to ask for the improvement of known issues of products.

So one part of this peace you may be talking about should be the freedom to actually chose if you buy, use or like stuff, doesn't it?
We're talking about a simulator here, nothing which influences other people's lives, so the moral aspect of weapons in this thing is very weak in my eyes and shouldn't be stressed too much since this is just a game.

Well obviously I'm in a weak position, like the "old europe" (George W. Bush) was some years ago. Perhaps it is because I am german. And we have a very unhappy history (like many other nations btw, with the difference that Germany has drawn the consequences while many others did not).

But I agree with you, it's just a game or better, a piece of entertainment software. Things should not be stressed too much. So let's go flying.

Stefan

IP Logged

EvilPilot

Reply #4 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
no my friend, this is the most necessary add-on ever built for FSX. You mentioned war simulators, ok then give me an example.

Lock-ON ? Wings over Israel ? DCS Heli Simulator thing ?

Have you ever looked their release dates ? Or graphics ?

We have REX we're flying like real world, we have all kinds of sceneries, military bases, aircraft carriers, jets, bombers. BUT, we dont have any fr**king missiles to launch...

That was a paradox and thanks to captain sim guys they changed this fact.

Think about possibilites, multiplayer clans, multiplayer massive on-line battles, single player missions, the income will be unlimited.

May be this will be over-rate but, i believe this add-on will renew Flight Sim communities, addon producers, maybe they will start to create more military addons and sceneries after this. Maybe they will create whole scenery (let's take vietnam for example) and scenery will be destructible (i'm not developer just a thought) and when we want to fly in Vietnam Era, we will activate scenery before entering FSX just like ORBX's FTX. (Don't steal my idea LOL) As i said before, i believe this will change whole facts in FSX and choices of military simulator community.

And do we have a demo or something ?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Thanks.
Sorry, no demo.
But video gives some idea:
http://www.captainsim.com/products/w001/video.html

We'll upload some more tonight.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Stefan, thanks for your answer and now we are actually sharing viewpoints on this development. A game just got expanded and some may like it, others not, but it still remains a game and is able to produce fun of any kind.

Nice outcome here.  Smiley Happy flights to all. (ok, some have to watch their six now  Tongue)

IP Logged

sanchezuno

Reply #7 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:08am
Print Post  
To be honest I am really disapointed... FSX is a Flight sim. It would have been much nicer to see a sensitive damage sim. or a virtual co-pilot. But a weapon sim for fsx?!! Just tried it at a friends system, and its really not that good! Its like playing a xbox arcade jet fighter game (hawkx..  Lips Sealed) If you want a good fighter aircraft sim get yourself a copy of LOMAC   Lips Sealed or ROF   Lips Sealed ! I love you CS but this is not good or new in anyway! you dont see the arms on any plane but the F18. It locks on its target by itself... btw there is not a lot of AI helping your enemys to get out of harm“s way.   Huh ... Even a nicely animated ground crew would have been better then this... I would rather buy a nice stair Truck for the 767/ 707 / 757 / than that....

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #8 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:16am
Print Post  
FSX beats any other simulator in many aspects. So we think FSX deserves a weapon expansion.

PS: there are tons of military traffic in the pack.

IP Logged

sanchezuno

Reply #9 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
FSX beats any other simulator in many aspects
...not really X-Plane and Rof  got way better flight dynamics! And dont get me started on the weapon systems of LOMAC. The only thing FSX does better are the graphics... And even if you have tons of military traffic...whats the use ,if they dont even know you are here????!! not to mention fire back at you, or trying anything to get out of the way????!! There is no actual conflict scenario or anything that would make it realistic....It s like shooting at girl Scouts, and they dont even know you are there!

IP Logged

sanchezuno

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:49am
Print Post  
PS: I never saw military airports with terminals and jetways for B52 bombers......

IP Logged

sanchezuno

Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
May be this will be over-rate but, i believe this add-on will renew Flight Sim communities, addon producers, maybe they will start to create more military addons and sceneries after this. Maybe they will create whole scenery (let's take vietnam for example) and scenery will be destructible (i'm not developer just a thought) and when we want to fly in Vietnam Era, we will activate scenery before entering FSX just like ORBX's FTX. (Don't steal my idea LOL) As i said before, i believe this will change whole facts in FSX and choices of military simulator community.
If you want a War sim buy Virtual Battlespace 2!!!! its expensive, but the best war simulation out there!It has everything you want and more! But please leave FSX the way it is! A flight sim. for people how enjoy flying!!!! not shooting at each other!

IP Logged

slakr007

Reply #12 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
sanchezuno wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:40am:
...not really X-Plane and Rof  got way better flight dynamics!

Everybody says that, but I have yet to be convinced of that.  I mean, it may just be that their default Cessna 172 is poorly designed, but it feels nothing like a real 172 (I have 132 hours in 172s...not a whole lot, but enough).

Don't even get me started on X-Plane's laughably bad ATC.  I don't even know why they bothered with it if they didn't plan on doing something even remotely functional.

We'll see how X-Plane 10 turns out, but I have been following X-Plane since version 5 and it has always been a non-starter for me.

...Now, as far as Weapon goes.  Seriously CaptainSim, THANK YOU!  I am arming my CaptainSim 757, 767, and 727 right now.  The next time a G** D***ed AI aircraft jumps in front of me on final, it is going to get a Sidewinder up its a**!

IP Logged

EvilPilot

Reply #13 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:07am
Print Post  
sanchezuno wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:00am:
Quote:
If you want a War sim buy Virtual Battlespace 2!!!! its expensive, but the best war simulation out there!It has everything you want and more! But please leave FSX the way it is! A flight sim. for people how enjoy flying!!!! not shooting at each other!

honestly, i don't understand why you hate weapons so much  Huh whatever

IP Logged

slakr007

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:10am
Print Post  
sanchezuno wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 1:00am:
But please leave FSX the way it is! A flight sim. for people how enjoy flying!!!! not shooting at each other!

Why do you care?  Don't install it.  I'm sure VATSIM and the like will respond in kind and ban Weapon.  No biggie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top