Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Throttle problem !!!! (Read 20684 times)
rupesh

Re: Throttle problem !!!!
Reply #30 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
I am having the same issue too, even with the parking brake set, the herc creaps along forward ever so slightly. if it has so much thrust even at idle then i thought at max power it would fly off so i tried it but the herc still creaps along just a tad bit faster with the brakes set. also noticed at full thrust the left wing starts to drop, don't know if this is thrust asymmetry over the wings or a bug. the wings drop independent of the brakes...even while shooting down the runway the left wing drops..tried the saitek x52 calibration and that didn't help either.

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #31 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Only ever noticed this twice but, will take another look at this one after the holidays. Have you tried my earlier remody? Ctrl+E

James.

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

rupesh

Reply #32 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Hawkwind wrote on Dec 24th, 2009 at 7:11pm:
Only ever noticed this twice but, will take another look at this one after the holidays. Have you tried my earlier remody? Ctrl+E

James.

thanks James,
yes indeed i tried the ctrl E method which brings down the fuel flow and a host of other things, however the 130 still creaps forward...but it takes a long while to notice it moving, perhaps it does that in u'r system too but u may not have noticed, just let it sit for a minute or so and compare it against the tarmac tile texture or something close by then it may become apparent..then again it could just b in a few systems that it does that.

IP Logged

Mighty Herc

Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2009 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,

here some real Herc answers (i'm a co-pilot on this beautiful bird):

1. LOW SPEED GROUND IDLE BUTTONS: the four green buttons on the control pedestal. These things are just there to increase the life expectancy of the engines. In a certain throttle range (9-30°) they can be pushed in to reduce RPM (69-75,5%). When you push the throttles beyond Flight Idle (34°), they will pop out again and normal limits for RPM will apply (98-102%). (A round of beer for the AC if this happens Wink). In FSX, no big deal though.

2. BRAKES vs POWER. At full power (19600in.lbs) you must be able to hold the brakes. (no parking brake on a RWY Wink ). In FSX I'm able to do so (Win XP/SP2/ver 1.3). I still have the "left wing drop". This is not normal! BTW, a very light C-130 can take-off in Flight Idle (on a long RWY Wink )

3. TIP: If you want a full running Herc on the RWY, maybe use the checklist (from cockpit C/L to Line-up C/L) and save your flight there. I was cursing the hell out of my torque setting at zero with full power, but i didn't check my generators on... (so been there done that, flying an out of the box plane Wink ).

Hope this was helpfull!

Grtz.

IP Logged

bkshn

Reply #34 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 6:11am
Print Post  
There are several turboprops that have "constant positive torque" - the best example is the Jetstream J41.  The short answer is that if the props don't "push back" with torque, they will windmill which will cause the wind to turn the propellers - not a good idea.  (It makes for some exciting times making descents in some aircraft though - some of them will "bottom out" at 20%.  If you wind up too high, ya gotta go around).

Brian

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top