Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Throttle problem !!!! (Read 20686 times)
Von Rondstadd

Throttle problem !!!!
Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Hello,

I bought the captainsim C130 X-perience pro pack and 757 pro pack and Xload just after x-mas!
Great planes!!!!  

But!  
When the trottle is in ground idle position, still the plane is moving forwards! I use the pro flight trottle quadrant Saitek!
Any other plane is standing still
When I try too land the plane and try too slow down the speed by moving the trottle back, it looks like a bug, the trottle lever keeps on bumping forward and backwards several times, like an interference!
There is no good control if the lever comes somewhere about flight idle and lower ground idle.
I tried to reinstall the planes and FSX!

And something else the strobelights and anti collisian lights dont work!

Can anybody help me????
Thanks!

Flightsim X, acceleration pack
Vista 64 bits Ultimate servicepack 1
Intel Core  2 Quad Cpu Q6700 2.66 Ghz
Ram 4,00 GB
9800GTX 512

IP Logged

herkMX

Re: Throttle problem !!!!
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 1:39am
Print Post  
I'm using the CYBORG 3d GOLD joystick from Saitek.
Throttle in ground position is same as you stated; I've just gotten use to setting the parking brake when sitting at idle. Didn't do it in the 2004 version or other aircraft in FSX.

As for landing the aircraft, I usually bring back the throttles to idle and use the F2 to start reversing the pitch of the props.

Sorry no fixes for your problem, but I thought I'd let you know that I've seen what you've seen....

IP Logged

Von Rondstadd

Reply #2 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Thank you for your reply!
I am glad to know that I am not the only one with the problem!
Hope the problem can be solved!

IP Logged

JaggyroadFilms

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Many turbos that I know of, especially when lightly loaded do actually do this in the real world. Not sure how the C-130 is however.

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Hey,
My C-130 is also moving forward on the ground with throttles in idle position.
This is because in an airplane, you can't have your engine deliver no thrust at all.
It will always provide some thrust. I do have some other addons where this makes the plane start rolling on the ground...
I don't now if the amount of thrust in idle is realistic...

Tyrion

IP Logged

herkMX

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
So it didn't do it in 2004, but does it now. It's more real-istic. COOL!

IP Logged

Von Rondstadd

Reply #6 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Oke thank you all for your reply!, but

When I try too land the plane and try too slow down the speed by moving the trottle back, it looks like a bug, the trottle lever keeps on bumping forward and backwards several times, like an interference!
There is no good control if the lever comes somewhere about flight idle and lower ground idle.

Is that also happening when you try to land!
Because that's not good!!!!

And why is the 757-200 plane standing still without the brakes?
Is that right than?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
As I said, I don't know if the amount of idle thrust is realistic. most of my planes aren't moving with throttles in idle, just some of them do.
about the interference, this is something I don't have.
My throttle control is good.
maybe it's a problem with your throttles, did you correctly install it's drivers? If you did, I can't think of something else that could cause this,
but then again, I'm centainly NOT an expert in this...

Tyrion

IP Logged

Von Rondstadd

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Oke thanks,
I have no problem with the other planes only the C130!

IP Logged

ctspilot

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:04am
Print Post  
I had this same problem with the 1.1 version. I just downloaded 1.3 tonight and was hoping this was fixed.

The way I worked around it in 1.1 was to use use my fuel mixture control (I have a CH Flight Sim yoke with the 3 levers on top) to reduce flow to around 100 PPH while on the ground. I have no idea if this is realistic or not, but I was so tired of not being able to park on the tarmac (even with brakes) that I didn't really care.

I guess I will keep working around it in 1.3. Honestly, I had very few issues with 1.1 and once I figured out what was causing me to zoom across the airport, into buildings, trees, and other planes, I really enjoyed flying the C130 around.

IP Logged

herkMX

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I've got a friend who is a flight engineer over at Duke Field. I asked him about this, so last night they released brakes, sat for a bit, and at ground idle, the aircraft started to slowly roll forward.

General consensus was that a C-130 without a heavy cargo load, and one that hadn't sat around long enough to let the tires develop a flat spot, will probably roll a bit, even in ground idle.

IP Logged

Von Rondstadd

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Thank you very much for your effort and information!!!!

But in my situation my plane is staring to move forwards too fast!!!!

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #12 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
Von Rondstadd wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 8:58am:
Thank you very much for your effort and information!!!!

But in my situation my plane is staring to move forwards too fast!!!!

Have you tried the F2 or F3 key, one of those when pressed (and it may take a few press's) should slow or stop the roll forward.

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Von Rondstadd

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2009 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Yes I know that works!
It's odd that this problem only happens with the C130 and not with other plane's!
I must get get used at that I supose!

I found the sollution for my problem!!!!
Maybe someone who has the same problem want's to know!!!!

To recalibrate, first unplug the quadrant.

Go to start/run and type regedit.

The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)
System
CurrentControlSet
Control
Media Properties
Private Properties
Direct Input

Inside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.

Once done, close the editor. Plug the quadrnat back in and move all the axes through their full range of movement 4 times.

Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #14 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Von,

I read your post before I installed my C130, and I confirm that it also does like the other posters mention, just like in real life if you leave everything at ground idle, prop levers full forward and mix levers full forward, and release the brakes, it will start to "creep" ahead.

I don't know why yours would go ahead so quickly though, unless maybe you're on a downward incline.

I notice though if I pull my mixture lever back a bit until the engines start to "growl" little, it will no longer pull forward.  There doesn't seem to be a variable lever like this in the cockpit, and I have yet to find the actual fuel condition levers, though the prop pitch levers seem to be marked as such in the VC.

I do notice if I try to pull the prop levers back in ground idle, the torque goes over a limit and the engines shut down.  I think this is accurate, but I'll have to wait until my friend gets back from deployment to ask him.  He runs on the herc crews in real life, so he'd know for sure. Smiley

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top