Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 41626 times)
tgycgijoes

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #30 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Haven't flown in a few days being too busy with work here and at home but the last flight tracked GS all the way into the ground.  It looked so perfect after I clicked and lit APP I did not pay attention to whether all three CMDs were lit or not but it tracked all the way into a flat landing at the threshold of the runway and before I could disengage to flare myself pancaked into the runway just hard enough not to bounce but call a "Crash" after a three hour flight.  Needless to say, I was perturbed (to say the least and not print bad words LOL).  Will try again when I get down to the sim on Sunday after Divine Services.   Smiley  Thank you to all for the help.

IP Logged

JohannesMeyer

Reply #31 - May 1st, 2009 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Hello @ll,

I'm in the opinion, that the autopilot turns to early by using the LNAV mode and following the entered FMC route. So it need nearly 1-1,5 min until the aircraft is on the magenta line again. Is it normal or can I change this anywhere, because other aircraft like another company 737NG and another company 767 following the magenta line strictly without any offset.

Kind regards

Johannes

IP Logged

tgycgijoes

Reply #32 - May 8th, 2009 at 1:08am
Print Post  
I have made two flights now after studying my Boeing 757/767 CBT.  You have to be sure that you have the proper ILS frequency and course entered, and just for good measure, I switched the VOR's to manual and entered the ILS freq and course into both of them as well.  Although it gets a bit hectic keeping up with ATC course changes, reducing speed, lowering flaps, even with my FDC copilot helping, I have captured the glide slope after clicking LOC and when it is captured, pressed APP.  Lo and behold just after pressing APP ALL THREE CMD ARE LIT I have a Autoland 3 lit and have landed beautifully if a little hard both times at KSFO.  Disconnect Autopilots with the Disengage bar, reverse throttles with my Goflight pedestal and taxi to the gate.  WOW DOES IT FEEL GOOD! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

GGLurch

Reply #33 - May 18th, 2009 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,

I got the 757 3 weeks ago (directly here at CS) and i am trying to figure things out. But now i need help.

My problem is the AP as well as the A/T function. I read the manuals as well as tutorials on the net. I aligned and set the IRS switches, i can program the FMS `til the PRE-FLT COMPLET message - now it starts:

1. As mentioned in the manual nr. 3, page 22 (of course i completed the previos pages) - i set the thrust levers to 1.10 EPR (with AP and A/T activated as stated in the manual) and press EPR (in the manual picture the THR button) - nothing happens. Automated start with Vr set in the IAS/MACH indicator is not working for me. In fact - my thrusters NEVER work automated. I can activate all the switches (EPR(THR) or SPD) - the lights come on but thats it. I also followed the 757-200 FMC tutorial here at the forum - it is just not working as described there.

But it gets worse:

2. After manual takeoff i activate LNAV, VNAV and press CMD (L). The plane banks voilently and starts swinging right and left with bank-angles easily exceeding 40deg. That happens no matter what i set the bank limit selector to or which command button i choose. The only way to stop the rocking is disconnect the AP.

Additionally - a flight without FMC is impossible. The planes swings too when i activate the AP - even when HDG is on HOLD. Also the V/S is not working - the light is on and i can set the value - however the plane is not following and i end up swinging with a V/S of 6kf/min. The vertical speed selector itself is without function. Only in the display itself the V/S value can be changed.

Other things: The weather radar is just stuck with the test picture. A manual can not be found using the link in the manual.

The speed bugs can only been seen in the VC.

I own the 757-200 Captain Pro Pack v.2.1 incl. the -300 and Freighter addon. All are installed right now and the described probelm happens with the -200, -300 and -200F. I also checked this behaviour with and without FSUIPC.

I own several payware addons incl. the CS 727, C 130 and 707. All are flying as intended - for me indicating that my basic FS9 setup is ok. I know that there have been a couple of problems with this plane and i waited buying it - but now after reading several reviews after v. 2.1 and almost all were very positive (the ones not so positive could at least fly the plane and did report these bugs) i got it.

The swinging is mostly found on the FSX forum of the 757. I could not find a reference to the mentioned problems here using the search function. So hopefully somebody can help me with some suggestions?? Are you using FSUIPC and if yes which version?

Thanks!

GG

IP Logged

drepamig

Changing A/T Speed very very fast?
Reply #34 - May 20th, 2009 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Hello,

I've searched the forum, but it's kind of hard to figure out what to search for. I just bought the 757 (+ Freighter) and, when on autopilot, when changing the speed setting for the auto throttle, the speed at which it is set moves very very quickly. So quickly in fact, I have a hard time getting the exact speed I want set. I have this same problem when adjusting the DH too. However, the altitude and, if I recall, the heading can be set just fine.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
Ian

IP Logged

rupesh

Re: Changing A/T Speed very very fast?
Reply #35 - May 21st, 2009 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
drepamig wrote on May 20th, 2009 at 3:24am:
Hello,

I've searched the forum, but it's kind of hard to figure out what to search for. I just bought the 757 (+ Freighter) and, when on autopilot, when changing the speed setting for the auto throttle, the speed at which it is set moves very very quickly. So quickly in fact, I have a hard time getting the exact speed I want set. I have this same problem when adjusting the DH too. However, the altitude and, if I recall, the heading can be set just fine.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks!
Ian

I have not noticed such problems with my system and i have both the fs9 and fsx versions in Vista, however there are some things that move 2 units per click like the DH so maybe you can try clicking when you get near the desired limit rather than holding the button?

IP Logged

Yeah

Reply #36 - May 24th, 2009 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
I assume this is a Autopilot related thing.

When I descend using FLCH, the 757 doesn't want to capture the target altitude. Instead, it goes below the target altitude (lets say 3,500 ft.) then applies full power and goes beyond 3,500. Has anyone else encountered this? I've reinstalled about 3 times and that hasn't fixed it.

IP Logged

marcus

Please can you help
Reply #37 - May 26th, 2009 at 3:58am
Print Post  
Iam new to the captain sim 757 fs9 , can some one tell me how to get the auto pilot to work, ive read all the manuals and still cant get it to work, id be very grateful for anyones help, thankyou,Marcus.

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Re: Please can you help
Reply #38 - May 26th, 2009 at 8:18am
Print Post  

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

marcus

Re: Please can you help
Reply #39 - May 26th, 2009 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Thankyou very much for your help, the videos are wonderful,all the best.

IP Logged

Tobias Niederhauser

Reply #40 - Jun 2nd, 2009 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
If you are above the ideal descend path and enable VNAV autopilot gets you into overspeed, is this normal?

cheers,
tobi

IP Logged

Evertie

Autopilot heading not correct
Reply #41 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Hello Guys,

I've got a problem with the 757, V2.1, FS2004 in Vista. When I takeoff the aircraft is fully ready and no problems, after takeoff I switch on the AP to LNAV and FLCH. But when the ATC vectors me I have a problem. For example: I want to fly heading 250 from heading 290. So I dial this heading and push the Heading Sel button but then he doesn't fly to heading 250 but to 246 or 247. But when I press shift-z in Flight Simulator, Flight sim says I am flying heading 250 but the CS 757 says I'm flying heading 246. Maybe something wrong with the IRS alingment?

Here is a Screenshot:

As you can see here, Flight sim says i'm flying heading 300, the 757 says i'm flying heading 303, and the heading must be 300.

Evert

IP Logged

olivier_moens

Re: Autopilot heading not correct
Reply #42 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Hello Evert

Actually, your plane is flying on  heading 300, (see the white arrow), and the nose of the plane is pointing to magnetic heading 300.
But you have a front left 21 knots wind, which is drifting your plane to the right, on a 303 track. Your HSI value is showing your current track  (see TRK indication on left of the box) and not your heading. A/P heading mode is keeping a magnetic heading, not a track, so you have to adjust your heading selection to take the wind into account Wink.
This is perfectly normal. The track is the resulting vector of the heading combined with the drift.

IP Logged

Evertie

Re: Autopilot heading not correct
Reply #43 - Aug 19th, 2009 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
aaah ok,

Never seen it before  Shocked.

Thanks for your help!

Evert

IP Logged

kerke

Re: My Autopilot doesnt work!!!!!
Reply #44 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Bombayduck wrote on Jan 17th, 2009 at 9:01pm:
Hi BA772

I don't think is needed. You probably just didn't see that the whole IRS panel is switched off. The IRS panel is needed for the autopilot. Otherwise nothing will happen. You only have to set all lower switches to NAV. You then wait until you get a few digits on the little screen, that is your heading, if your heading know is selected in the IRS panel.
I had it in the beginning aswell, just set all knobs to NAV and the upper knob to hdg.

Hope this can help. Grin

Greetz
Bombayduck

My IRS panel always shows the blinking ALIGN message, I have it set to NAV but the ALIGN message is always there? How can I extinshish this message?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top