Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 41628 times)
BA772

I cant click on the Autopilot Buttons and where..
Reply #15 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
.. is the NAV/GPS Switch?

IP Logged

BA772

My Autopilot doesnt work!!!!!
Reply #16 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
First of all i plan my Flight in the FS FLightplanner( i got FS9). Then i takeoff and i cant make my Autopilot work! Because if i want the Plane to hold Course it doesnt work or i cant make it to follow the Route! I experienced it on my first Flight from Nice to London Heathrow. Because this FMC doesnt got any Airports programmed outside the USA and the UK ive let the Flightplan show up in the Aircraft! But like i said it doesnt hold the Route. And after Take off i gto an violent rocking from Side to Side. And the Autopilot doesnt climb the Aircraft and the Autothrottle also doesnt work!!!

Can anyone  write an Tutorial how to use the Autopilot and can someone tell me how to stop that rocking?

IP Logged

Bombayduck

Re: My Autopilot doesnt work!!!!!
Reply #17 - Jan 17th, 2009 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Hi BA772

I don't think is needed. You probably just didn't see that the whole IRS panel is switched off. The IRS panel is needed for the autopilot. Otherwise nothing will happen. You only have to set all lower switches to NAV. You then wait until you get a few digits on the little screen, that is your heading, if your heading know is selected in the IRS panel.
I had it in the beginning aswell, just set all knobs to NAV and the upper knob to hdg.

Hope this can help. Grin

Greetz
Bombayduck

IP Logged

BA772

Reply #18 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 7:31am
Print Post  
But will this make that the Autopilot will hold its planned Route???

IP Logged

BA772

Reply #19 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 11:44am
Print Post  
When i want to Activate the Autopilot i cant activate VS and ALT together because when i switch on VS, ALT goes off and opposite.
And i want to once fly this Beauty!!!! And i got one Question: Do i have to fly with FMC???Becuase if i want to use an FS Flightplan i make it load already into the Aircraft, and if i can do that witch ANV would i have to select?

IP Logged

macejoj

flight direction and its changes
Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Hello,
I use FS2004 and CP757 professional.
I noticed one unpleasant problem during my flights over Europe.
Once flight direction is set-up (either through autopilot or via FMC) the plane follows it right but time to time the heading suddenly change (sometimes even more than 40 degrees). The autopilot tries to get back to track so start turning. After a while the heading changes again back and autopilot again follow track and turning back.
Initially I thought it is due to strong winds but it is not the case.
It looks like heading compass changes itself time to time there and back.
Do you anybody from experience pilots have the same issue ?
Is it FS2004 issue or CS757 issue or some of my fault ?

Any advice appreciated
Many thanks
regards
JM

IP Logged

a320driver

Autopilot Disconnect
Reply #21 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Is there a way to set up the autopilot to disconnect via a keypress? When I press the key I have assigned to that task (which works in all my other aircraft) I get a warning sound and a voice telling me the AP is disconnected however it is not. If I click the AP disconnect bar with the mouse, it disconnects and I hear a different warning sound. I have also observed that pressing the AP and AT buttons in the VC works exactly like it should. Would like to get those button functions to respond to a key press.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Re: Autopilot Disconnect
Reply #22 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Joe, there is a dedicated thread specific for AP questions.  Please look for it.

At this time, that is not possible, and the reason as best as I am aware is because FS considers deselection of CMD status to be the same as AP Disconnect.  However, a real world boeing does not work this way.  Once AP CMD is selected, you have two options- 1) select another AP to be in command, or 2) pull out the AP Disengage bar.  Since there is no command for "AP Disengage Bar" there is no way within FS itself to set this.

However, it may be possible via FSUIPC?  I don't know this for sure.  I prefer not to touch my keyboard at all during flight, and this is facilitated via yoke, throttles, buttons on those devices, etc.  I do have a button on my yoke assigned to AP Disconnect, but of course this doesn't work in the CS 757.  I think the real plane has a button which WILL "pull" that bar up with a magnetic release, but instead if I need to disengage (I.E. visual approach) I will reach up to the MCP and pull the bar with the mouse click.

Hope it helps.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

a320driver

Re: Autopilot Disconnect
Reply #23 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Hello Bob,
Will check out the mentioned thread. I too assign all the AP disconnect, trim and autothrottle commands to yoke buttons. I do that thru FSUIPC, using buttons on the yoke to send key presses. I quess per your comments that is not possible on the CS 757. On my other add-on Boeings, when the AP button is pressed it causes a "soft" Ap disengage which disconnects the servos without interacting with the AP disconnect bar.  Once again thanks for your input.

Regards,
Joe Esposito

IP Logged

aguinaldo9

Auoto pilot problems
Reply #24 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Hey guys i hope yall fine, look i am having a problem with my captain 757. i just bought yesterday and i cant figure it out on how to engage the A/P i engage the F/D and  on airborne the A/P bottom   does not work. i am familiarized with fmc and or if u guys know any tricks please let me know.bring your ideas and ill keep trying.  thanks

IP Logged

tgycgijoes

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #25 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I am posting here since this IS an AUTOPILOT issue I think or is it an Approach issue?  Although I am only a simulator commercial pilot, I was able to train on Boeing 757/767 CBT through the generosity of a close friend who is a captain for a large airline.  Anyway, when pushing APP, it is my understanding that all three CMDs are to activate for a LAND3 approach.  Mine don't.  What am I doing wrong.  I have lnav pushed and runway selected in the CDU no discontinuity.  Anyone who has the answer please help me out here.  I am tired of landing my plane manually when it cound autoland. Reading the CS manuals has not helped and Boeing says they should.  PS I was under 1500 feet and on glidepath but Approach was not descending. Undecided

IP Logged

tgycgijoes

Reply #26 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:42am
Print Post  
For Aguinaldo9.  Once you have gained some altitude, I usually fly manually to 1,000 feet AGL before engaging the autopilot which is done by pressing the CMD button with the mouse.  Normal practice is the center CMD but you can use any one of the three.  You will need to press the Heading Select with a right click into the center and also if you have A/T engaged, press SPD.  Else, use LNAV and the FMC will take over navigating your course.  ATC will give you course changes until they turn you over to your own navigation which you can do in A/P mode easily before activating LNAV.  Now somebody solve my APP problem, please.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #27 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
tgycgijoes wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 3:53am:
I am posting here since this IS an AUTOPILOT issue I think or is it an Approach issue?  Although I am only a simulator commercial pilot, I was able to train on Boeing 757/767 CBT through the generosity of a close friend who is a captain for a large airline.  Anyway, when pushing APP, it is my understanding that all three CMDs are to activate for a LAND3 approach.  Mine don't.  What am I doing wrong.  I have lnav pushed and runway selected in the CDU no discontinuity.  Anyone who has the answer please help me out here.  I am tired of landing my plane manually when it cound autoland. Reading the CS manuals has not helped and Boeing says they should.  PS I was under 1500 feet and on glidepath but Approach was not descending. Undecided

I've spent some hours in a CRJ sim for the same reasons you point out above.  Quite a thrill, is it not!

I assume from what you've said that the FMC controlled the descent, and brought you in proximity of the approach, if so, that rules out all FMC items except one...

I assume you selected an approach?  Or at least a runway?  The database on the FMC in CS757 is limited, even if it shows approaches and runways it doesn't always store the ILS frequencies for that runway.  Check the NAV/RAD page and see if the ILS is in there.  If it's not punch it in (like 108.70/326 for freq and course) and shift it up to the ILS location with the left side key.  Or, you can put it into the ILS radio directly, which is on the center column of the Aisle stand, below the transponder and above the rudder trim.

Once you're holding heading and altitude to intercept the ILS, and assuming you're below the slope, click in APP mode and when you start to get near the ILS, the plane should turn in, and once it's intercepted the GS, shortly before landing LAND3 will engage and all 3 CMD modes will come on.  I've had a few cases where it did not engage LAND3 until I was almost to my DH setting, and as I recall those were all rough landings because the LAND3 didn't flare soon enough.

The biggest keys here are to make sure the freq and course are in the ILS radio, and to have patience- LAND3 won't engage until you've intercepted glideslope and I believe I won't engage unless the gears and flaps are down.

Hope it helps. Wink

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

tgycgijoes

Reply #28 - Mar 9th, 2009 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Thanks, Bob for your help.  I just cracked up going into LAX again because of what I saw in another thread called Glideslope.  Kinda my same problem.  I am thinking that Captain Sim needs to make a patch to make the aircraft better in APP for LAND3.  I can perfectly land my PSS Boeing 757 but I like the graphics and automations of Captsim better.  I will try what you said tomorrow since its Midnight right now on Sunday and tomorrow is a REAL workday not in the cockpit.  Will post here again after I fly tomorrow afternoon and try the Approach again.  Localizer WAS captured and the airplane lined up with the runway.  Frustrating to say the least and preventing me from going on VATSIM until this works right.  Angry

IP Logged

KaEn

Reply #29 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Bob Markey wrote on Mar 2nd, 2009 at 6:40pm:
The biggest keys here are to make sure the freq and course are in the ILS radio, and to have patience- LAND3 won't engage until you've intercepted glideslope and I believe I won't engage unless the gears and flaps are down.

Hope it helps. Wink

I second that, and i would also add, that from what i have experienced there is one more condition to make the autoland active. You have to be fully stabilized on the GS and LOC. In certain weather conditions it might be difficult and can happen really late or even never. With mild weather 100% of my landings were in autoland mode. So unless you are flying in hurricane, you might be doing something wrong.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top