Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 41630 times)
jarcelus

AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Apr 5th, 2008 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I have just purchased and installed block F upgrade and there is no way I can activate the A/P, except for the Speed and A/T.

How can I activate the main CMD, ALT HOLD, VERT SPEED, HEADING...?

Please, help me!!!!

Thanks,

Juan

IP Logged

Sekhet

Dad, are we there yet?

Re: How to engage the A/P aftre block F upgrade?
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Juan,

The F block upgrades the 757 to a very complicated aircraft that requires you to follow checklists and the proper procedures.  

I must say by the question that you asked I could tell that you have not read your manual. Smiley
I would suggest that you read the manual and become familiar with the aircraft and it’s systems and procedures.

Read the manual the answers to your questions are all there! Smiley

Cris B.&&Capt. (Retired) US Airways&&

IP Logged

melb00m

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
I agree with Cris, but I want to add that there is actually a bug with the autothrottle switch when flying in the virtual cockpit. I already filed a bug report regarding this issue here: http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1207390047

Apart from that, autoflight works fine for me.

IP Logged

jarcelus

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Thanks Cris!

What manual do you mean exactly, manual 2 or manual 5?

Do you mean that I cannot fly the upgraded B757 as any other FS plane? DO I need to go through the FMC every time I want to fly?

Thanks a lot Wink

IP Logged

Sekhet

Dad, are we there yet?

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Juan,

At the minimum manual 5 well help you get a grip on things.  But as I have always told pilots who were transitioning to a new aircraft, “Read everything you can about your new aircraft it will only make things easier on you.” Wink

Yes, you can fly with out the FMC but I wouldn’t.  The FMC does more than navigate for you it provides you with safe takeoff and approaches speeds, trim settings, and allows you to use the automated flight systems.

Once you have mastered programming your FMC it will become a natural part of your flight routine and won’t take that long to do. Cool

IP Logged

jarcelus

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Thanks again Cris.

I will go through manula 2. However, what I have seen so far is that this manual is a description of indicators and buttons. Do we have a real system operation manual for the A/P and other flying issues appart from the FMC?

I see thta you are a retired pilot. Wow! WHat kind of planes did you fly?

Best regards,

Juan

IP Logged

Sekhet

Dad, are we there yet?

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Juan,

Your welcome.  I'm not sure were, I think in manual 5, but CS has put a startup guide in there somewere.
I use most of my old checklists from my aircarrier days and find them to work well.  You might be able to google for the checklists. Wink

I have flown quite a few aircraft in my time but the last commercial was the Boeing 767-200, the big sister to the 757-200.

IP Logged

havoc04

Reply #7 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Sekhet wrote on Apr 5th, 2008 at 4:59pm:
Juan,

Your welcome.  I'm not sure were, I think in manual 5, but CS has put a startup guide in there somewere.
I use most of my old checklists from my aircarrier days and find them to work well.  You might be able to google for the checklists. Wink

I have flown quite a few aircraft in my time but the last commercial was the Boeing 767-200, the big sister to the 757-200.

So you have No problem with VNAV on autopilot what so ever? Either via CDU or manual input?

IP Logged

Sekhet

Dad, are we there yet?

Reply #8 - Apr 5th, 2008 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
havoc04 wrote on Apr 5th, 2008 at 5:31pm:
So you have No problem with VNAV on autopilot what so ever? Either via CDU or manual input?

As far as programing and normal flight operations I have no problems getting the aircraft to do as it is commanded.  Yes I have found a minor bug or two but nothing that stops the FMC from working almost well as the real one.  All in all Captain Sim has done a great job of simulating these features within the limits of FS9.

The biggest problem I find that people have is not reading the manual and taking the time to become familiar with the aircraft and how it works.

IP Logged

jarcelus

Reply #9 - Apr 6th, 2008 at 7:02am
Print Post  
You are absolutely right Cris. I have gone through manual 5 and I was able to complete a basic flight with operational autopilot and the plane followed pretty well the commands.

Although expensive after so many blocks, I have to admit that this B757 is a beautiful machine. I just hope thta the windows do not crash like seems to happen in the real ones.

Thanks and best regards,

Juan

IP Logged

Delta_All_the_way
Ex Member

Heading using Autopilot
Reply #10 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Hello,

May someone please help me solve the heading issue when i want the airplane to play a heading that i specify.  The right click does not work, and my autopilot is very funky overall.  I just need a little help getting goin in the right direction please, so I can finally enjoy a full flight.

Second question when you guys use this do you coincide with FS2004 atc?

Thanks,
Justin

IP Logged

steve k

Re: Heading using Autopilot
Reply #11 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 7:46am
Print Post  
The basics to the heading are this... Make sure you align all 3 INS before you move from parking. then when airborne turn the autopilot on (CMD). Then right click on the black SEL knob below the heading window.

IP Logged

Delta_All_the_way
Ex Member

Re: Heading using Autopilot
Reply #12 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
Thank you Steve, however when I apply a right click it brings up the close window display and has no affect over my heading.  Last night I figured out a way to kind of get it going but it's very frustrating.  I have to completely disengage the autopilot, turn the flight director off, manually turn to the assigned heading, select the course on the heading selector and then re-enage the autopilot with the f/d.  Then the plane will hold the course, but will not respond to additional input, and I align all 3 irs each and everytime.  Thanks again sir.

Justin

IP Logged

Aviator327

Airline Transport Pilot
(Ret)

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #13 - Dec 30th, 2008 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Delta, I guess you noticed that when the aircraft is loaded up the default heading of 360 is displayed on the HDG Ind window and the Track on the HSI. What I do at this point, I put my curser on the HDG indicator window and center the HDG to the CRS of 342degrees. When ready for takeoff I turn on the F/D then I place my curser on the center of the Bank indicator to get a "+" sign and right click. You should now see a HDG SEL on the ADI. Once airborne and the AP engaged, all I do is to place the curser on the HDG Indicator window to make heading changes. A "+" for right turns and a "-" sign for left turns. AP works great.

&&&&Dell XPS600 l Dell 2407WFP l FS9.1 FSX SP2 l Win7 Prox64 l Evga GTX260 896mb&&&&

IP Logged

Justin Campbell

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 4:28am
Print Post  
Aviator it's delta here just wanted to say thank yo for the clarification haven't had any issues since.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top