Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Torque meters (Read 3433 times)
Aaron6256

Torque meters
Nov 22nd, 2005 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Has anyone else had a problem with their torque meters? I overspeed the engines one day and tripped the generators. After I reset the generators my torque meters won't work anymore. I posted this in report a bug. Captain Sim says it's a problem with the generator disconection. They say it'll be fixed in SP1. Well I've reset the generators and done everything I can think of. What can I do to get my torque meters working again? Or better yet when will SP1 be released? Sad  I would have kept this topic going but I don't have permission to reply in the report a bug section.

Former KC-130 Airframes mechanic&&T-44 Airfames & Powerplants mechanic.

IP Logged

ASAE04

Re: Torque meters
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2005 at 1:18am
Print Post  
No problems with torque meters yet. But I had a similar problem with TCAS volume. It worked for a couple flights and then stopped. I've repeated the same startup procedure and still nothing. I think the generator disconnect problem is more than "skin deep". Once it happens, I think you have to wait for SP1. Just my thoughts, I could very well be wrong. But, I've tried everything I can think of, it's more fustrating because I know it worked before.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Chief Wiggum

Reply #2 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Are you using a downloaded livery or one of the Captain Sim's default liveries? I have noticed that the torque meters won't work with any livery other than the default ones.

IP Logged

Aaron6256

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Are you using a downloaded livery or one of the Captain Sim's default liveries? I have noticed that the torque meters won't work with any livery other than the default ones.

Thanks Chief. Yeah I was only flying with add-on liveries. The torque meters work fine with default textures
Smiley. Maybe someone can figure out why they don't work with the add-on liveries. Or maybe it's just me.

IP Logged

Chief Wiggum

Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2005 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Aaron6256 wrote on Nov 29th, 2005 at 10:07pm:
Thanks Chief. Yeah I was only flying with add-on liveries. The torque meters work fine with default textures
Smiley. Maybe someone can figure out why they don't work with the add-on liveries. Or maybe it's just me.

No problem. It isn't just you... I'm having this problem too! Looking forward to the fix. Smiley

IP Logged

Nenesse

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2005 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Good evening,

I confirm this problem with torquemeter indicator . It sometimes works , sometimes not . Even with SP1. After reading prior messages I will check if it is bound with liveries ??? Normally nothing to do with...

Regards

IP Logged

VulcanB2

Reply #6 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I've tripped the generators before (both before and after SP1) and I can't re-create this. I reset the generators and all is well again.

Can you also confirm that the problem exists for all-time after generator disconnect? (i.e. after restarting FS and re-loading the C-130)? This is how it seems to read.  Huh If so, I have some detailed steps for you to try so we can see where the system is failing.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

IP Logged

Aaron6256

Reply #7 - Dec 22nd, 2005 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
VulcanB2 wrote on Dec 22nd, 2005 at 9:23pm:
Hi,

I've tripped the generators before (both before and after SP1) and I can't re-create this. I reset the generators and all is well again.

Can you also confirm that the problem exists for all-time after generator disconnect? (i.e. after restarting FS and re-loading the C-130)? This is how it seems to read.  Huh If so, I have some detailed steps for you to try so we can see where the system is failing.

Best regards,
Vulcan.

No this only happens when a new repaint is added. Now that I think about it. I'm not sure if they were working before I tripped the generators. The torque meters don't work on any repaint. Say I replace the air force us 80's livery with the fat albert livery. Then every thing works fine. It's only when I add a new aircraft entry to the aircraft cfg file that the torque meters don't work. For me it's definatly a repaint issue. Everything works fine with CS's default liveries. Maybe I'll try changing the model # on the cfg...
update- That didn't work. Thanks for trying to help Vulcan. Have you added any repaints to your inventory? Maybe you could tell me what your aircraft.cfg file looks like... My torque meters will go negative torque to zero. I know that you aren't supposed to let them go negative, but I have. The meters will only move from negative to zero. Nothing above. For my repaints I have the aircraft model listed as 0. I changed it to 0b and nothing changed. Captain will you ask me some questions. I think I'm providing enough info. I will try anything to help. What kind of specifics do you need?

IP Logged

Aaron6256

Reply #8 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 4:38am
Print Post  
EmbarrassedOk Captain Sim. I am very sorry for any inconvenience but I found out what I was doing wrong. The torque meters work fine on the aircraft. I wasn't using the ACE. Instead I was installing all of my repaints by myself. The particular aircraft I first had my problem with was Prasong U-Wang's Fat Albert. It didn't have a description for the ACE when I downloaded it from AVSIM. Therefore it wouldn't work with ACE. Since it was the first repaint I installed I figured it was just the ACE that was messing up. After thinking for a while I downloaded a few more repaints and tried the ACE again. They worked great. I deleted all of my repaints that I installed my self and re-installed them using the ACE. Everyting works great now. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience. Feel free to delete this post or leave it for other members to learn from. At least I got it all sorted out.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #9 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 7:29am
Print Post  
Dear Sir,

No inconvenience al all, we are glad the problem is solved Smiley. Moving this topic to general discussion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top