Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Bon Jovi (Read 51635 times)
wabash10

Bon Jovi
Mar 30th, 2007 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
how about a N88ZL repaint, it is a 707 Bon Jovi used for a while see it at airliners.net, it is run by principal air.
thanks and HAVE A NICE DAY

----------|-----------&&--------_____--------&&_______(~~)_______&&-@-@-|--|--|-@-@--&&----Boeing 707-----

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Re: Bon Jovi
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2007 at 9:06am
Print Post  
wabash10 wrote on Mar 30th, 2007 at 5:06pm:
how about a N88ZL repaint, it is a 707 Bon Jovi used for a while see it at airliners.net, it is run by principal air.
thanks and HAVE A NICE DAY

You should post this in the "It would be nice..." thread, but any way. I can make it, but it will take me some time since I have other stuff to do. But I know a real pro who can do it for you... Dax. Here's his Paint Shop website: http://imageshack.us/ But if you give me some time I'll do it.

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Ex C-130 Aircraft Engineer

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I can't do repaints for the 707.  I do not own it so I can not access the paint kit. Sorry. 

Dax

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2007 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Okay, I'll do it then! Oh, by the way Dax, if you do want to make repaints for the 707 then you can download the repaint kit from this link: http://www.captainsim.com/support/dl/rk707.html

Don't let the game be the master, be the master of the game.&&------------------------------------------------------------&&&&Boeing 707-300 Cargo Captain

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
The problem with just using the paint kit is that I can not test it before release.  I would have to pass the repaint back and forth to a tester who would then have to send me a report on each item that needed changing.  It would get difficult especially when it comes to lining stripes and wording up across several texture files.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2007 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Well, you can still do "prototype" repaints until you get the 707!  Grin Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #6 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
thanks a lot for doing this, I am just wondering where or if you have posted it
thanks again
anthony

----------|-----------&&--------_____--------&&_______(~~)_______&&-@-@-|--|--|-@-@--&&----Boeing 707-----

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #7 - Jul 21st, 2007 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Not yet. I'll tell you whan I'm done.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Thank You Sooooooooooo Much I can't tell you how much I have wanted this
I really appreciate it
anthony

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #9 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Finished one side, now doing the other. By the way, just to make sure this is what you wanted me to repaint, yeah?:

But I'll need bit more information about it. I already know its tail number, so I need to know this:

Tail Number: N88ZL

Airliner Callsign: ???????

Flight Number: ???????

Smiley

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2007 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Just did a test of the repaint and there seems to be some problems... currently fixing it.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2007 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
TEST 2 Complete:

Still problems with the right hand side.  Sad Currently fixing. wabash10, did you find out the Airliner and the flight number? I need that to complete your repaint you know.  Huh

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #12 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
sorry I have been on vacation, It looks awesome, I appreciate you doing this for me
I will check right now

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #13 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Thanks.

About the problem, it has just been fixed.  Wink I'll start the other side soon! (Not right now because I am having serious problems with my email  Cry)

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #14 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I am not sure what you are asking for, Isn't the tail number the call sign, and I don't know what you want for the flight number, it is a private jet so just tell me what you in more detail what you want to know and I will let you know asap. I am sorry you did all of this work and ask me for a little help and I don't know what you want. I appologize and appreciate you doing this for me.
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #15 - Jul 29th, 2007 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
No worries.

All I need is the....

Airliner Callsign

This is what the ATC (Air Traffic Control) will call it in FS. The name say to what company it belongs to. For example, an Air France Boeing 707-300 Cargo's Airliner Callsign would be "Air France". So, try to find out which company it belongs to.

Flight Number

This is the aircrafts ID number. All aircrafts have a different ID. Sometimes it is the same as the Tail Number but not always. For example, an aircrafts ID might be "4476" or "G-AL75". I believe it should be in the description of that picture on Airliners.net . If not, try to do a search on Google for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER, all of this is not essential for the repaint but it would be better if it had one.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #16 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 12:19am
Print Post  
My Research Says it is Operated by Principal Air
Owned by Lowa Ltd

I am not sure if this is the flight number, I think it might be the same as the tail number, but this is what I found
Ex reg. N5381X; D-ABUF with Lufthansa, Condor.
N88ZL (cn 18928/457)

Added this info In case you were interested or it helps with the paint
Current Registered Aircraft
Aircraft (FAA)
Manufacturer:      Boeing
Model:      707-330B    Search all Boeing 707-330B
Year built:      1965
Serial Number (C/N):      18928
Mode S Code:      53016706
Aircraft Type:      Fixed wing multi engine
Amateur-Built:      No
Number of Seats:      192
Number of Engines:      4
Engine Type:      Turbojet
Engine Manufacturer and Model:      P & W JT3D-3&3B
Owner (FAA)
Registration Type:      Corporation
Owner:      Lowa Ltd
Address:      Miami, FL 33166-2779
United States
Region:      Southern
Status (FAA)
Certification Class:      Standard
Certification Issued:      1986-03-19
Air Worthiness Test:      2000-01-31
Last Action Taken:      2006-03-16
Current Status:      Valid

Thanks again for doing the paint
anthony

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #17 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Wow! Thanks a lot! This will really help when entering the information. Wink I'm just about doing the final touches here. I'll soon have it ready  Smiley By the way, its gonna be a  Boeing 707-320B repaint, because that is the closest match from what you found out.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #18 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 8:05am
Print Post  
By the way, for the finishing touches, do you want me to do the inside more realstic to the one you want? If you do I'll need more pics. But its no very important. But here are a few things I can change if you want:

Cockpit panels

Doors

Make it look uesd to add realsum (not too used, just a tiny bit. Isn't visable much)

Add shades (adds realsum)

interiors (Cargo hold, entrence etc.)

Lights

inside of engines (even though you won't see much!)

wheels

And last the pilots (will take more time to do)

So, its up to you. I can change/add anything that you can see in FS. I will already add the things I see in the pictures. And by the way, prewviews will be coming out soon!  Shocked Cool

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #19 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Id hate to have you do that much work but Here is some interior stuff

Its Up to yo what you want to do, You can make it look as real as you want,I just added these pics in case, Its up to you
If you change the pilots it would be cool if you put bon jovi in the pilots seat and richie sambora in the copilots seat, even thought they don't fly it.
You could even add a smirk near the door if you want

this would be fictional of course, so you can keep it as real as you want or you can change the pilots and add logo, Up to you you are the one putting the work into it. Thanks Again
all up to you, you can put as much work into it as you want.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the pics! Although what happened in the last one? Police line?  Shocked
I'll make it as real as I can. The pics will help me a lot. Thanks wabash10!  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #21 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure if it was a police line, maybe just letting people tour it and they didn't want them messing up the seats. However, Bon Jovi got a scare when this happened while he was on the way to a concert in Ontario in 2006

OPPS!!! That's a little problem

Overran the runway Shocked

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #22 - Jul 31st, 2007 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
OPPS!!! That's a little problem

Overran the runway  Shocked

Really?!  Shocked Wow. He was trying to take off because he has no flaps down... or he's just really stupid!  Grin Most airports don't have edges after the runway, because if an aircraft lands and overshoots the runway its landing gear will break and set the engine on fire!  Tongue You say this happened in 2006? I didn't know some airliners still used the old Boeing 707. Good find.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #23 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 12:38am
Print Post  
This one is still being used as a charter aircraft, It might have been on takeoff. the aircraft is still being used, in the history I guess it is a refurbished airline 707 was owned by Lufthansa and then sold to the charter company who repainted it. It is a working piece of history to remind us where the current aircrafts came from.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #24 - Aug 1st, 2007 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Yes. Its a shame it had a crash. Without the 707 there would be no Boeing aircraft. No 747s, 787s, nothing. And Airbus would probably have taken over the commercial aircraft sales business. Did you know that during the 707's prototype, the Dash 80, the pilot was told to impress people. So, he started to do a barrel roll! Thankfully the Dash 80 wasn't put in too much danger but I bet it gave the Boeing guys on the ground a real scare!  Grin Here a video of it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IV9PZW1N9U

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #25 - Aug 2nd, 2007 at 2:03am
Print Post  
UNBELIEVABLE

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Just though I'd see how you were doing.
thanks again

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #27 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Almost done!  Wink I haven't had much time to do it, I am currently formatting it to the correct settings. After that its 100% finished.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #28 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:59am
Print Post  
let me know when and where to get it.
again I really appreciate you doing this for me

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #29 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Don't worry. You'll be the first one to know!  Wink
I will upload it to AVSIM

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #30 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 2:38am
Print Post  
I have a question for you I will find out once and for all, How in the world do you do a repaint when the pics you have aren't straight from the sides and top and front and bottom? what software do you use and what are the tricks to doing it. If you could tell me these things I'd really appreciate it.
thanks
anthony

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #31 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:35am
Print Post  
You need to have a program with PSD compatibility. I use photoshop like many others. If you want, I can give you instructions on how to make a repaint.  Wink By the way, repaint is like 99.99% finished!

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #32 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Finished doing the repaint, all I have to do now is format it. Won't take long now.  Wink

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #33 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Okay, finished formating the cockpit. Now doing the engines.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #34 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Turned out I missed something on the engine!  Roll Eyes I'm fixing it.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #35 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Okay, finished repainting the engines but having a bit of problem not damageing the details. It will take a bit more time but should still be finished today.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #36 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hey wabash, I have good news. I will soon have a screenshot of it. I'll post it soon.  Wink

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #37 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
wabash10, I have finished repainting the engines. I've also formatted them too. I'm uploading the screenshots now. Hope you like them.  Wink Here is what I also have to format until I'm done:

Front of aircraft

Back of aircraft

Right wing

Left wing / Cargo hold

Tail

Engines

Cockpit

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #38 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Here are the pictures. I am using Boeing Field as the testing grounds:

Now, don't worry, I know that the only thing that looks like it is the engines. See, what I'm doing is first you make your repaint. Then, you format one section after another and test it. In the pictures, I am testing the cockpit and the engines. I'll post more screenshots when I have tested the other parts. The next test will be the tail. If you have any questions please ask me.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #39 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
The engines look pretty good.
thanks again for doing this

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #40 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
No problem buddy. I should be finished tonight or tomorrow. Keep an eye here because I will be posting screenshots once a section is finished.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #41 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
By the way, do you still want the instructions on how to do yourself repaints or not?

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #42 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
if its not too much trouble, but still is there a trick i am missing because your paints look great, but how do you do it when all of your photos you use as reference are facing different directions? not just from the top, bottom, front, back, right and left. It is so difficult, do you just free hand it and hope it turns out okay or what? Also do you put all of the pieces together or how do you know if the lines will line up from the front to the back?
I have adobe cs2, this has photoshop and illistrator I am better using illustrator, but the magic wand won't outline in illustrator.
I don't know what to do.
If you could help that would be great, whenever I ask anyone else for help they just ignore me. I also have the DXT Bmp, bmp ext, and bmp 2k from mw graphics.
Thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #43 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Okay wabash10, I'll post an example with screenshots. Just hold on a while...

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #44 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Thanks

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #45 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
How long have you been repainting?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #46 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Okay, I'll try to put it simple.

First off you need to have the textures. Its included in the repaint kit. The repaint kit is located in your program files and/or here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\Legendary_707\Repaint Kit

If you don't have it, click here:
http://www.captainsim.com/support/dl/rk707.html

Before you do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, always use a copy of the textures. NEVER operate on the original one.

Next, you need a program with PSD ability. You have Adobe Photoshop CS2 right? It should work fine with it.

Now you need to know which textures are which (you didn't think it was that easy, did you?):

b707_1_t ---- Front of aircraft

Here you can paint the front of the aircraft as well as a door

b707_2_t ---- Back of aircraft

Here you can paint the back of the aircraft (duh), the bottom and the cargo hold if you want

b707_3_t ---- Left wing

The name says it all. You can edit the top and bottom of the wing, lights, and much more. Just about everything that's on the wing. Wink

b707_4_t ---- The right side of the wing.

Here you can edit the wing, flaps (I think) and the entrance of the plane near the cockpit.

b707_5_t ---- The Tail and fin

Here, edit the tail and fin of the aircraft

b707_6_t ---- The engines

Edit the engines here. You can even edit the turbo fan!

b707_7_t ---- Cockpit

In here you can change everything in the cockpit, from the pilots face to the instrument panel. Plus there's a bonus... the wheels can also be changed.  Wink

Now, open one of them and you should see, well, nothing to be exact:

Now, see on the bottom right hand corner, the thing with the names and stuff. Well, that is the layers. Photoshop uses a lot of this.

What are layers? Well, the name says it all. Its like pieces of your picture. You can select one, and work on it without damaging other layers. Its very useful. Anyway, you see the little eye next to some of the layer's names? Click that and that layer will appear. When you want to make a repaint, be sure to open only the layers you need. Otherwise you could end up with a Boeing 707-E-3 ADV!  Shocked

So, lets say you want to do a repaint for the -320 ADV. You first open every layers that is needed for the -320 ADV. It should look something like this at first:

Now, here's the cool part. You can select a layer from the bottom right hand corner again and it will appear blue:

But that's not the cool part (even though it is very cool!  Grin). Once you've selected a layer, you can work on it without damaging other layers. By that I mean you can try to paint other other layers but nothing will happen until you  select it. When repainting you'll be using this for almost every repaint you do!  Cool

Okay, now you know the basics. Lets move on to the more complex stuff....... the actual repaint!

First, you MUST always have a picture of which aircraft your repainting (Unless your doing you own made up one  Roll Eyes ) I'll use the pictures of Principal Air Boeing 707-320B to demonstrate (why the 707? Because I LOVE IT!  Smiley)

This Picture is enough to do a repaint, but you should always have a picture of every side of an aircraft first. (If your one of those lazy people like me  Roll Eyes who don't like researching a lot, a picture of sideways and front is enough for a accurate repaint). Now, let's talk about how to use your tools.

Before you do a repaint, do an experiment with every tool there is on the left. There's plenty of them. If you want details about them, just ask me and I'll help you out.

Okay, know for the techniques. They say that a good magician never reveals his secrets. Well, I've never been a good magician, so I tell you all the secrets of repainting (Not every one because otherwise I could write a book!  Cheesy). When repainting, always start with one section and don't do another until finishing it. I usually start with the cockpit because there's not much to do there.  Roll Eyes So, lets just say that you want to get the engines blue. First, you need a tool to select it so that we don't paint over something else. I would recommend the Polygonal  Lasso Tool

You can also use the Magnetic Lasso Tool but you can have more accuracy using this one (The Polygonal tool) .

So zoom in so you can see every pixel (That's like a tiny dot that makes the picture) of the engine. Use this to zoom:

You should zoom in until your picture starts too look like this:

Then, use your Lasso tool that you choose and start going over the engine. Once you've done a that, just add paint.

Now for something a little harder. The tail of the aircraft. What I did was I printed the picture. Then used the Polygonal  Lasso Tool to start selecting it. I would slowly start to bend it and go all the way around it. It can take some time and there is easier ways to go around these things but I like to have control over what I'm doing.

Well, that's about all you need to know to make the repaint, but now to make it the correct format.

You need to download this first (don't worry, its safe): http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm
2) Run DXTBMP, then, FILE, OPEN, browse to the texture you wish to change, and click OPEN.
3) In the right hand pane you will see a small area marked "Mipmaps", UNTICK the "include when saving" tick box.
4) Click FILE, SAVE AS, EXTENDED BITMAP, in the "save as type" dropdown box click DXT3, then hit save.
5) Continue for all other 32-bit textures.

And that's it! Then, upload it to AVSIM or keep it for yourself. Its up to you.

Man, that took me forever to write!  Grin If you have any other questions like how to use a specific tool or something don't hesitate to ask me, okay. I'm on the forum all day.

PS - Sorry Captain Sim, I know you don't like to have people write long posts.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #47 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
How long have you been repainting?

For a while now. I have thousands of repaints on my USB. Roll Eyes In fact, I have a 2 GB USB that's got nothing but repaints. I don't upload much on the Internet. I usually keep them for myself. I will upload them in the future when I make my own website or something. Right now, not bothered. Just living the easy life.  Grin  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #48 - Aug 7th, 2007 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your time teaching me how to do this. Have you seen cs2, is it worth it to get cs3? where did you get your version?
thanks again, I can't put it into words how much this means to me. I still don't get how you could repaint from a picture with a wierd angle like that, You must be a genius. and how do you get the lines to line up on the tail to the back to the front?
also the 727 doesn't have all of the files you described what do I need to do.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #49 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 7:31am
Print Post  
wabash10 wrote on Aug 7th, 2007 at 10:05pm:
Have you seen cs2, is it worth it to get cs3?

I used to have CS2. It is very good but CS3 is even better. If you want to get CS3, I think you can buy it as an upgrade for CS2, costing you much less. I now use CS3.  Wink

Quote:
where did you get your version?

You mean photoshop? I got it at a computer store near mt house. You can find photoshop in nearly every store that deals with computer Hardware.

Quote:
I still don't get how you could repaint from a picture with a wierd angle like that

Well, it is kinda hard but after a while you get used to it. What I do it I save the picture into my computer, use photoshop to zoom in on what I want to see (Like the engines, I zoomed into them and saw that engine number 2 on the left didn't have blue on the top). The good thing about real liverys is that each side is almost Identicle to the other. For example, the left side of a Boeing 707, in this case, which is blue, would be the same as the right side.

Quote:
how do you get the lines to line up on the tail to the back to the front?

Well this is a bit differcult to line everything up right. Because, you'r not working on a already made plane, your just working on a puzzle that's yet to be made. That's why testing goes a long way in making repaints. Lets use the tail for expamle. In real life, one side of the tail is going to be the same as the other. So, you want to have the lines at the same angle, degree, leghnth and shape. This sound confusing, and you're proberbly wondering how can you do that? Well, first, start working on one side. Once it is done, you want the other part to do. What I do is I use the Polygonal  Lasso Tool, zoom in on the tail and select it. This has to be done right and 100% accurate. What I then do, once it has been selected it I copy it, and paste it on the other side. I then rotate it, slowly put it over the other side and once its there I have to check everything. I first zoom out to see how it will look like from afar. Then, I zoom in very tight, and see if every pixel is covered up. If one of them is missing, I would paint over it instead of moving the pasted item.

Now, to get those white lines is very easy. First, I need a good picture of the tail. The picture you gave me here helped a LOT. Thanks for that.   Smiley

So, first I printed the picture, and then I wanted to see where everything was. The colour I used was...

R 19

G 47

B 129

Then, I selected the background layer and paited all of the tail blue. Then, I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool and slowly starting selecting over where the parts where going to be. See, I would move it slowly down (because I started from the top), and then change its degree angle down a bit, and continue until I was all the way there and back up again. You need to look at the picture a lot too. Once I had that, all I did was ues the Eraser Tool and get rid of the blue paint, returning it to white. Just Make sure that when yo do that you have the background layer selected, just so that it doesn't damage the details on the tail. And then do it for the other white line and thats it!

Quote:
also the 727 doesn't have all of the files you described what do I need to do

Don't worry. Those files I said are only for the Boeing 707. The 727 has its own set of files.  Wink

Oh! I almost forgot, you also need to rename your files once finished to tell the computer which ones there for. Here is what you should rename them to (this is just for the 707):

707B
b707_a1_T.bmp
b707_a2_T.bmp
b707_3_T.bmp
b707_4_T.bmp
b707_a5_T.bmp
b707_a6_T.bmp
b707_7_T.bmp

707ADV
b707_b1_T.bmp
b707_b2_T.bmp
b707_3_T.bmp
b707_4_T.bmp
b707_b5_T.bmp
b707_b6_T.bmp
b707_7_T.bmp

707C
b707_e1_T.bmp
b707_e2_T.bmp
b707_3_T.bmp
b707_4_T.bmp
b707_e5_T.bmp
b707_e6_T.bmp
b707_e7_T.bmp

E-3A
b707_g1_T.bmp
b707_g2_T.bmp
b707_g3_T.bmp
b707_g4_T.bmp
b707_g5_T.bmp
b707_g6_T.bmp
b707_g7_T.bmp

VC-137C
b707_f1_T.bmp
b707_f2_T.bmp
b707_3_T.bmp
b707_4_T.bmp
b707_f5_T.bmp
b707_f6_T.bmp
b707_7_T.bmp

If you have any other questions just ask me.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #50 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Just thought I'd see how you were doing, What do I need to rename the files for the 727? Would you know or where could I get extra instructions on each aircraft?
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #51 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Just thought I'd see how you were doing

I'm adding a few thing to make it look better during the night, however I'm going on holiday soon so am rushing to get it done tonight.

Quote:
What do I need to rename the files for the 727?

I don't know for the 727. I don't have it (yet). But you should have a txt. file which has that information. For my 707 the file is called "textures names" Do a search on your computer, it should be the same names and in the folder with the textures. If you don't find it ask Captain Sim.  I'll download the 727 repaint kit and tell you later on. Wink

Quote:
Would you know or where could I get extra instructions on each aircraft?

What are you looking for?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #52 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Okay, for the 727 textures there is 2 repaint kits so I don't know which one you want. Download the one you want and in the folder there should be some instructions.

http://www.captainsim.com/support/dl/rk727.html

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #53 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Okay, I am trying to make the 727-100
Thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #54 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Okay. I'll download the repaint kit and tell you later.  Wink

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #55 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Okay, I downloaded it but it only has textures, it doesn't tell me the names. I think you need to contact Captain Sim for that.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #56 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
okay thanks
I hope you have a good vacation, You can finish it when you get back if you want.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #57 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks wabash. I'm going tomorrow. I'll still be on the forum once in a while. Right now getting my thing ready. I really needed a vacation... been 1 month and all I have done is eat, play video games and going on the computer! Haven't been 1 day outside (too hot, 56 degrees here)

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #58 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 2:47am
Print Post  
what do you save it out of photoshop as?
thanks again

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #59 - Aug 11th, 2007 at 7:58am
Print Post  
You have to save it as a BMP file, then use the software from http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm to save it as a DXT3 Extended Bitmap. Don't forget to unctick the box.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #60 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #61 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
No problem

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #62 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Just thought I'd see if there was any update on the repaint, I don't know if you are back from your vacation or not, Hope you are doing well.
Thanks Again

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Hey wabash,

Still on holiday. Luckily I bought my laptop so I can stay in touch, but it doesn't have photoshop.  Cry Anyway, I should be back soon. Sometime this week hopefully.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #64 - Aug 17th, 2007 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
No Problem
Thanks Hope you are having a good time

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #65 - Aug 24th, 2007 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Just checking in seeing how you are doing
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #66 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Hey,

sorry for the late reply. I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I'm coming back on the 1st. When I do, I'll finish the little bits and bobs and it will be well on its way to AVSIM for downloading.  Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #67 - Aug 25th, 2007 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
thanks I am glad you are having a good time

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #68 - Aug 27th, 2007 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Hey wabash,

I just found lots of pictures of your aircraft on airliners.net: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N88ZL&distinct_entry=true

I noticed that there are a few things that I missed out. When I come back on the 1st I'll add them in. Should be quick and easy to do.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #69 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 2:34am
Print Post  
okay sorry I didn't give enough on the forum, this is where I got some or most of the ones I gave you.
thanks again
I appreciate it

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #70 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 6:13am
Print Post  
O don't worry, the shot you gave me were great. Just that I found a few that shows some tiny details that I missed out.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #71 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Just seeing how you are doing, I hope you got home okay.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #72 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
I got back alright. I'm just doing the small bits that I missed out. I should be done and formatted soon. I'll post it on AVSIM when its done.  Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #73 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
thanks

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #74 - Sep 13th, 2007 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
How you doing? that name game is fun.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #75 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 4:20am
Print Post  
I've finished doing the modifications of the engine and tail and bit of the front of the aircraft too. I haven't had time to work on it much because of school.... I've got tons of homework. Sorry about this taking so much time.  Sad

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #76 - Sep 14th, 2007 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
No Problem, I have school too, thanks for doing the paint for me, I appreciate it

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #77 - Sep 15th, 2007 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Okay, I just finished doing my homework, which took me 4 days to make 372 slides of PowerPoint, so now I have a lot of free time.  Smiley I'll try to finish it today.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #78 - Sep 27th, 2007 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Hi,

Sorry for the long time without any news. I have exams right now, so I have little free time.  Sad Just wanted to tell you that I've finished everything apart from the back, in which I'm just correcting the space between the lines a little. I'll send you a beta test version if you want.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #79 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 12:57am
Print Post  
up to you for the beta, no problem, you can finish it when you have time to finish it, it will be awesome when its done.
thanks
anthony

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #80 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Okay. I'll format the textures so they can be used, and I'll send them off to you in the morning. You'll notice that I took away most of the shadow on the engines, so they look a lot more like the real one.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #81 - Sep 29th, 2007 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Hey,

Sorry that you didn't get anything. While I was modifying the Alpha Channel for the engines so they could be used, Photoshop crashed on me and wouldn't restart. I had to do a manual input, but its working now. I won't have time to make the rest of the Alpha Channel, but I should be able to send you the engine textures tonight.  Smiley

It really looks good. I added the glowing bits on the front engines like on the picture, and got rid of the shadows too. I managed to paint over the details without damaging them, and the Alpha Channel is just about ready. When it is, I'll send you the texture.

PS - My email, pasha.nabavi @ virgin.net is not working, I can't send emails. I can still receive them, but because of that I'll be sending you the textures using my sister's email.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #82 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Okay, I sent you the email. The textures are in the attachment, in a Zipped File.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #83 - Sep 30th, 2007 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
i didn't get anything, don't worry about the beta, you are almost there and I am sure i will like it. i appreciate you doing the paint for me.
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #84 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Hmm..... That's weird I sent it yesterday. Have you checked the junk folder?

Anyway, I'm almost finished here. I won't be able to send it to you on Tusday nor Wensday since I will have loads of exams. But should be finished on Saturday.  Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #85 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Its going to be awesome, again I can not tell you how thankful I am.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #86 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Don't mention it. I'll be sending you another email, hopeful this one will arrive.

Since I finished my exams, and I don't have to revise any more (plus I have a small holiday coming up) I can guarantee that I will be finished by next weekend.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #87 - Oct 15th, 2007 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Hi wabash, I think I know why you didn't get my email. It seems other people too haven't gotten my emails, so I'll need to reconfigure it. I can still receive emails, but not get them. so in the meantime I'll send you the textures using my sister's email. Tell me if you get them.  Wink

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #88 - Oct 16th, 2007 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Okay wabash, I just sent them. Tell me if you get them.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #89 - Oct 20th, 2007 at 12:37am
Print Post  
im not sure why but I am not getting them, what address are you sending them to? you can send me a private message and i will give you my e-mail address, again, I am so glad someone would do this for me, thanks.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #90 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the late reply. I'm sending it to wabash10 @ hotmail.com (no spaces)

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #91 - Oct 21st, 2007 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
that's the problem, I will send you an email with my address
you don 't need to send it if you will post it on avsim. also do you have a surclaro account, it is anouther freeware site but is faster at posting files, they are at http://www.surclaro.com/
it is free and does not cost anything to post but will be put up sooner.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #92 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Oh, that explains a lot. I'll check my emails. The thing why I wanted to send you the files first was to see if you liked them and if there was anything that you might want to be changed. And then I would upload them to AVSIM.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #93 - Oct 22nd, 2007 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Trust me I'll like them, nice of you to ask me because YOU are the designer, if you like it, I'll like it.
not sure if I sent it to the correct address, can you tell me again letter for letter, no spaces your e-mail?
thanks

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #94 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
My email is: pasha.nabavi @ virgin.net (no spaces). By the way, I just checked and I didn't get your email.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #95 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
that is what I sent it to, mine is anthony.defranco@gmail.com
just send the textures here.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #96 - Oct 23rd, 2007 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Okay, I'll send them in the morning. Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #97 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 1:16am
Print Post  
so only the wings are done correct? I only got the wings and engines, not sure if this is correct, got the tail too but you said you still needed to do the alpha on it. thanks so much, what I have looks awesome.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #98 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Yes, that's correct. Glad you like it. I'll send the rest of the textures when I'm finished, and then I'll upload it to AVSIM.  Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #99 - Oct 27th, 2007 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
upload it when it is done, don't worry about my input, trust me it will be a great repaint.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #100 - Nov 7th, 2007 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
just seeing how its going

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #101 - Nov 8th, 2007 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Hi wabash,

I am in the process of testing and fixing. I've done the main alpha on the tail, and lines by everything. I started working on the front of the body a few minutes ago. I'm also getting some new photoshop software which should speed things up.  Smiley

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #102 - Nov 12th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
what's new is it CS4?
I know you have cs3
are there add ons?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #103 - Nov 13th, 2007 at 8:49am
Print Post  
I don't think CS4 is out yet. What I'm getting is a program that makes me view the repaint without having to open FS. This way, I can correct things much faster. Its also got some more tool made especially for repainting. It should help me a lot more.

I don't think this program has any add-ons, but the updater should give me anything new that comes out.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #104 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 6:13am
Print Post  
what is your new repaint program called? this sounds pretty helpful

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #105 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Its called FS Repaint V2 . Its very good from what I've heard.  Smiley

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #106 - Nov 14th, 2007 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I use FSrepaint v2.  It is great for viewing and moving the 3D model.  It save you from having to export all the textures in FS9/FSX format then opening the sim, selecting the aircraft and loading it up.
You can use the editor in FSrepaint or set the options to use the editor of your choice.  It also allows you to see the repaint at night and in all lighting conditions.

Any questions just ask.

Dax

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #107 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 9:53am
Print Post  
That's great, because until now I have had to open the sim, wait a long time for it to load, test the repaint and then shut it back down, do modifications and redo the same thing over again.

Can we edit alpha layers with it?

Thanks Dax.

IP Logged

David Sweetman

Reply #108 - Nov 15th, 2007 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Yep.  You can also save the textures diretly as DXT3 or 32 bit.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #109 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Wow, it seems like a great program. Can't wait for it to arrive.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #110 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 1:55am
Print Post  
is the software in transit?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #111 - Nov 30th, 2007 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
For some reason, it still hasn't arrived. I emailed them 2 days ago and they said they sent it and everything. They say its probably because of all those strikes with the post, it may be delayed.  Sad

I should have gone with the download version instead...

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #112 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
how is it going, just checking on an update, hope you have the software. Can't wait for the repaint, it will be awesome

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #113 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Hi wabash. Sorry for the lateness in my post, I've been very busy these last few days. I got the package and everything is working great. It really is a superb program, and its really been helpful. Everything is going great with the repaint. I'm adding things bit by bit everyday, and I've also modified the Alpha layer using the program so it reflects direct sunlight better.  Wink

I can't wait to see it once its finished.

IP Logged

JonE

Reply #114 - Dec 18th, 2007 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Hey Pash, do you have any screenshots of the rest of the plane?  Now that you have the same program Dax uses to show his many paints, you can probably post them just as easily as he does.  Smiley
You said it was 99.9% done back in August, I'm anxious to see what it looks like.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #115 - Dec 20th, 2007 at 12:28am
Print Post  
It just makes me feel better that I am not the only one who thinks this paint is going to be awesome. Glad to here you like your software pash.
thanks again for creating this repaint for us.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #116 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
No problem guys, I'll try to post some pictures of it.  Wink

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #117 - Dec 21st, 2007 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
do we have an eta on the repaint upload to avsim?
I really like that paint

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #118 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Just seeing how you're doing we haven't heard from you for a while.

IP Logged

JonE

Reply #119 - Dec 28th, 2007 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
wabash10 wrote on Dec 21st, 2007 at 9:15pm:
do we have an
eta on the repaint upload to avsim?
I really like that paint

I'm not sure what is really taking that long, I have a friend who's a painter too, and he
did this in a very short time:

He created a fuse master before he started painting it.
Unfortunately, like Dax, he does not own the plane and would not paint it
because he'd need the plane to see how the paint is coming in the sim.
Besides, it's been a while since he's painted and would probably
not do it justice as Pash is going to  Wink

So I guess we'll have to sit tight and wait for him to finish, I just
hope he gets it done for you soon, he's been promising it for a long
time.

This is another one my friend painted long ago that came out pretty good:

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #120 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Hi guys, sorry I tried to reply ages ago but for some reason the reply button wasn't there.  Huh I checked on the other topics and it was the same. I was online for 2 days and no one posted anything, so I'm guessing it happened to you guys too.  

Anyway, about the paint. I am having problems with FS, so I can't test it anymore. Is it OK if you test it for me? JonE, I don't have your email, so if you would like to test it just post it here. Wink Use this email, my other email isn't working: wendy27 @ emirates.net.ae (with no spaces).

About your repaint friend, if he's done the main body, lets use it! I don't mind if its from someone else. I mean, the end result is the same. Plus it would be more fair for you guys.

I've already done the engines and half of the body. JonE, ask him if he still has the textures. If he does, send them to me, I'll convert and format everything, then I'll send it to you guys who will test it. If everything is good, then we upload it on AVSIM.

Is that OK with you guys? Again, I am very sorry for all the delay this has caused.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #121 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Hopefully your fs will get fixed, I think that the other textures are for a different aircraft and fs but you might be able to take parts from it. I also saw one here. http://www.surclaro.com/
just search N88ZL, You need to create an account but it is free.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #122 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I cheked the website and didn't find anything.  Huh

I'm still waiting on JonE to see if he can get the textures from his friend or not.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #123 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
did you create an account? Here, Ill attach a zip to the email you have said earlier.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #124 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
Got the file. Hmm... this is weird, the textures are not psd formatting. I can't open them with their current formatting.  Sad FS9 still isn't working. Every time I open it, it shuts down without giving me a Error message. I'm talking was talking with some other guys about this problem, they say that I might need to reinstall it. That's bad for me, since I'll have to reinstall all my add-ons too.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #125 - Jan 13th, 2008 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
what was the last thing you did or installed after it worked, this is a good way to tell what is causing the problem. If you installed another airplane and it stopped working, uninstall the airplane, whatever you did that could have created the problem undo it. what if you click run as administrator after right clicking?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #126 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 7:36am
Print Post  
I haven't installed anything for a while now, so I don't think that's what caused the prolem. The last thing I remember was my computer installing security updates, could that have caused the problem?

I tried running it in administrator mode, but the same thing happened. It loads, the screen goes blank for a while and it then goes back to the descktop.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #127 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I don't know what the problem could be, what if you try to repair, I think this is possible by going to the control panel and add remove programs, or inserting the fs9 discs, repair looks for missing files, etc and sets the program back to factory settings, I don't think this will even touch your add ons.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #128 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Ah, good idea. I should have thought about that.

A few days before it stopped working, it had been acting strange. Whenever I started a flight, my mouse would not appear. Also, some of my saved flights would disappear.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #129 - Jan 16th, 2008 at 8:22am
Print Post  
OK, I've just done the repair thing. It still doesn't work, but has inproved a bit. Instead of getting a blank screen, it actually takes me to the main menu. But after 4-7 minutes, it shuts down.

Do you think I should do the repair thing again?

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #130 - Jan 17th, 2008 at 12:33am
Print Post  
I don't know, did you install the fs 9.1 update? maybe uninstall but select the "keep my files" option, I think this would work without deleting everything but you better use a search engine like google to see. I am in the same boat as you now, i had a virus and restored my computer to factory settings, now I pay the price by reinstalling everything.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #131 - Jan 19th, 2008 at 10:06am
Print Post  
I don't know, I just did a search on Google and didn't come up with anything. What I don't understand is that it doesn't give me a Error code.

Could it be because I am running Vista?

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #132 - Jan 19th, 2008 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
I just had another idea. Try using this, it is from flight 1 and is a registry repair tool for fs9 I don't know if it will fix your problem but it might.
www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #133 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 11:56am
Print Post  
I tried downloading it, but it just won't start.

I'm gonna do a completle reinstall tonight. I hope everything will be fixed by then.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #134 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I'm Rooting for you. Hope it all works out.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #135 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
After hours of reinstalling things, it still isn't working. What's worst, my FSX is starting to have problems as well.  Cry I'm gonna contact Microsoft and see if they can help me. I don't want to loose both FSs.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #136 - Jan 22nd, 2008 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
You did a complete uninstall? did you try the fs before you reinstalled everything? you should install fs then sp1 then the add ons, I hope we can get it fixed for you I am sad for you as well, thanks again for working on the repaint. Cry Cry Cry Cry
don't worry every problem has a solution.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #137 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
did you get it fixed?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #138 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I've just finished talking to Microsoft about it. They say that the security on Vista is what's casuing it, as well as some incombability issues (such as the mouse turning black instead of white). And there isn't anything you can do about that.  Cry

For FSX, they have no idea. They said they will have a look at what could be causing it. Normally, it was supposed to work fine as it is Vista compatible.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #139 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 2:34am
Print Post  
My mouse turns Black too but the sim still works, you mean to tell me that microsoft says fs9 will not work with vista??????? Don't worry we'll figure something out. How far into the repaint were you when this happened? is it still in tact? I am sure we will find a solution to your fs9 problem, you didn't answer my question, when you reinstalled fs9 did you start it before you installed any add ons to be sure it worked? also have you installed fs9.1 patch?

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #140 - Jan 29th, 2008 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Don't worry, the repaint is safe. I also made a backup just in case. The only problem is that I can't test it.

Quote:
en you reinstalled fs9 did you start it before you installed any add ons to be sure it worked?

Yes, in fact I didn't reinstall the add-ons after I reinstalled FS. It just took me to the aircraft select screen, then the screen turned black for a few minuets and it took me back to the desktop.

Quote:
also have you installed fs9.1 patch?

I think so, this is the one I installed: http://www.another company.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=86&supportProductName=Flight%20Simulator%202004#
FAQ145

It said Patch update, so I think its that one.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #141 - Jan 30th, 2008 at 2:28am
Print Post  
have you also removed thru add or remove programs all of the add ons such as captainsim aircraft etc? maybe these are interfering even thought the installs are gone at least we could see if they are still in add or remove programs in the control panel also remove all other addons aircraft, weather, scenery, online atc, etc remove anything involved with flight sim after making sure you have everything backed up, then do a complete uninstall of fs9 and reinstall start it, then if it works install the patch.
I am not an expert just trying different options. I hope we can get it fixed for you.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #142 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 1:58am
Print Post  
Any news??? I hope that you have solved your problem.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #143 - Feb 6th, 2008 at 2:02am
Print Post  
I know this is our last option if you have tried everything else, first of all it depends on how much your fs means to you, I am not 100% sure but I think if you did a complete system restore back to factory settings and reinstalled everything it would work, Just make sure that EVERYTHING is backed up, all payware aircraft, repaints, software, everything.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #144 - Feb 7th, 2008 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
OK, I will save everything and then eset it. I really love FS, and now MSX has stopped working as well.  Cry

I hope it will work.

IP Logged

Pash Master

Boeing 707 Captain

Reply #145 - Feb 9th, 2008 at 9:02am
Print Post  
OK, I have just finished the factory reset. I have not installed any add-ons yet, I'm just about to install FS2004 first, and then FSX.

I hope it works...

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #146 - Feb 10th, 2008 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Me too buddy, I hope it works, let me know and keep me updated on your progress.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #147 - Feb 13th, 2008 at 1:58am
Print Post  
This is Bon Jovi's new banner.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #148 - Feb 16th, 2008 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Is your fs working?

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #149 - Feb 20th, 2008 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
How are you doing, is everything okay? I hope your computer is working again.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #150 - Feb 29th, 2008 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Is PASH there? I hope he's okay. Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #151 - Mar 21st, 2008 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Where is Pash??? I'm worried about him.

IP Logged

wabash10

Reply #152 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Pash,
you here?

Anthony

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top