Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Sound (Read 951 times)
BOOMOPERATOR

Re: Sound
Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
some one in the Netherlands is working on a superb soundpack for the 130Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,..at present it is unchanged kingair 2 eng hence why engines 3 & 4 sound weak. Having grown up on RNZAF Whenuapai Airbase and my Father flew C-130's I was around them all the time ,..no the kingair sound isnt close to the T54 Allison but would go a loooong way to making it sound full,..start ups are disappointing with very little in the way of start up sounds on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?

IP Logged

smoothchat

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,.. on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?
   Indeed. It's quite easy to alter the xml yourself. 

Duplicate the code in the  <EngineSoundPresets> section and change the EngineIndex = "1"  and Index = "1"  of the duplicates, to EngineIndex = "3"  and Index = "3", then likewise for the Index = "2" etc change to "4".   

Then do the same within the <EngineSoundStates> section.

IP Logged

LoVis

Reply #17 - May 1st, 2024 at 12:32am
Print Post  
smoothchat wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:39pm:
Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,.. on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?
   Indeed. It's quite easy to alter the xml yourself. 

Duplicate the code in the  <EngineSoundPresets> section and change the EngineIndex = "1"  and Index = "1"  of the duplicates, to EngineIndex = "3"  and Index = "3", then likewise for the Index = "2" etc change to "4".   

Then do the same within the <EngineSoundStates> section.

My sound.xml already had engines 3 & 4 information, so I'm not sure what to change.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top