Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Sound (Read 1239 times)
BOOMOPERATOR

Re: Sound
Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
some one in the Netherlands is working on a superb soundpack for the 130Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,..at present it is unchanged kingair 2 eng hence why engines 3 & 4 sound weak. Having grown up on RNZAF Whenuapai Airbase and my Father flew C-130's I was around them all the time ,..no the kingair sound isnt close to the T54 Allison but would go a loooong way to making it sound full,..start ups are disappointing with very little in the way of start up sounds on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?

IP Logged

smoothchat

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,.. on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?
   Indeed. It's quite easy to alter the xml yourself. 

Duplicate the code in the  <EngineSoundPresets> section and change the EngineIndex = "1"  and Index = "1"  of the duplicates, to EngineIndex = "3"  and Index = "3", then likewise for the Index = "2" etc change to "4".   

Then do the same within the <EngineSoundStates> section.

IP Logged

LoVis

Reply #17 - May 1st, 2024 at 12:32am
Print Post  
smoothchat wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 11:39pm:
Adrian wrote on Apr 25th, 2024 at 10:21am:
what would be ideal in the mean time would be for Captainsim ..or third party to alter the sound.xml file to make the soundpack into a 4 engine config,.. on #3 and #4. Surely it wouldnt take much to reconfig the xml ?
   Indeed. It's quite easy to alter the xml yourself. 

Duplicate the code in the  <EngineSoundPresets> section and change the EngineIndex = "1"  and Index = "1"  of the duplicates, to EngineIndex = "3"  and Index = "3", then likewise for the Index = "2" etc change to "4".   

Then do the same within the <EngineSoundStates> section.

My sound.xml already had engines 3 & 4 information, so I'm not sure what to change.

IP Logged

Revolver Ocelot

Reply #18 - May 19th, 2024 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Just brought  the C130 and all livery packs on xbox real big fan of the aircraft for many years now.  Can someone please please please smdo a custom soundpack with some volume too as I was  just on the ramp starting up when a  small light aircraft with one engine drowned out the sound of the c130 start up.  It definitely needs a soundpack update if it's not in the works already although some comments above seem to point towards one soon.  Please let that be the case.  Two other small niggles, can yiu make it so the rear ramp opens when in flight and also sounds of the ramp opening would be good too.  And lastly will there be an opening in the floor to allow access to the flight deck from the side entrance door as it seems to be blocked from the entrance and the rear cargo bay.  Also the APU sounds on start up seem to be missing ??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top