Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Xbox version issues (Read 675 times)
AbsolutAsocial

Xbox version issues
Feb 10th, 2022 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
As there is another SIM update going on (SU8) and it is already in public BETA is there any chance that 777 issues on Xbox will be somehow adressed or re-adressed? Lack of animations, blurry "4k" textures, missing wingflex... All tipics regarding Xbox version issues were just put aside as it is MS/Asobo fault and nothing seems to be done to at least try to evaluate them...

IP Logged

Steved

Re: Xbox version issues
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2022 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
AbsolutAsocial wrote on Feb 10th, 2022 at 4:50pm:
is there any chance that 777 issues on Xbox will be somehow adressed or re-adressed

I'll answer for CS....nope (bet I'm not wrong)
As he stated, nothing is going to happen with xbox issues until:
"Please do not expect any Xbox specific 777 updates until there's some clear Xbox specific content development difference info in the MSFS SDK."

I saw nothing in the SDK briefing for this SU that remotely talks about that...soooooo.....Xbox customers will continue to wait.

"All tipics regarding Xbox version issues were just put aside as it is MS/Asobo fault and nothing seems to be done to at least try to evaluate them..."
I think you're starting to catch on how this is gonna' go.  Wink

Regards,
Steve Dra

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Xbox version issues
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
AbsolutAsocial wrote on Feb 10th, 2022 at 4:50pm:
As there is another SIM update going on (SU8) and it is already in public BETA

Sounds promising but for now the FS2020 is a beta cross-platform software with a busy development roadmap planned for years. Each new MSFS update will add new features, fixing old issues, adding new tech issues. Unfortunately many addons will suffer from the floating compatibility issues during that beta stage.

We don't know why some features that work fine on PC, appears to be broken on Xbox. Moreover, MS has put on hold all new releases for Xbox (like the 764), because they perform some Xbox related actions at their end.

For now there's nothing on the Xbox/PC content development difference in the MSFS2020 SDK. So the 777 content for Xbox is identical to the PC one, as per the SDK.

Please do not expect any Xbox specific 777 updates until there's some clear Xbox specific content development difference info in the MSFS SDK.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top