Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
777-200 Throttle didn't working on approach (Read 845 times)
obit8

777-200 Throttle didn't working on approach
Jan 21st, 2022 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Good evening, I made the mistake to try this aircraft on a leg for the world tour...I'm now flying again with the FBW A20N  Undecided

I was landing on Las Vegas, all good until the final, a reached the minimum, disengaged the AP, started to lower the throttle but nothing, the animation was working, I could see the throttle go back to idle, but the sound and the power of the airplane was the same that before.

I couldn't land but when I tried the missed approach trying to push the throttle in TOGA noghint moved...the animation was perfect but no power was given to the aircraft...

And the final results was a crash against some poor las vegas inhabitant house.

Someone suffered the same problem?
I also had multimple issues with the MCDU that was loading double waypoint, but this will be another post.

IP Logged

Lumpy CFI

Re: 777-200 Throttle didn't working on approach
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2023 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
This is an unflyable product: requesting support.

I can't start a new topic, so I'm replying to this related issue.

I bought 777F through MSFS Marketplace.  When taking off I encountered an issue that the engines were not responsive to the commanded throttle position after takeoff.  The result was an aircraft stuck in Thrust REF (TOGA power setting) even though the animation clearly showed the throttles moving as expected with my flight controls).  N1 was stuck at max power setting.  I troubleshot all assistance settings, turning all related assistance off.  Same result every time.

I uninstalled the version from Marketplace and bought the version directly from the CS website for another $20.  Same result.  After some time period the N1 thrust gets stuck at whatever power setting is selected regardless of the in-sim throttle position.

Please help.

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 7:40am
Print Post  
obit8 wrote on Jan 21st, 2022 at 10:09pm:
Good evening, I made the mistake to try this aircraft on a leg for the world tour...I'm now flying again with the FBW A20N  Undecided

I was landing on Las Vegas, all good until the final, a reached the minimum, disengaged the AP, started to lower the throttle but nothing, the animation was working, I could see the throttle go back to idle, but the sound and the power of the airplane was the same that before.

I couldn't land but when I tried the missed approach trying to push the throttle in TOGA noghint moved...the animation was perfect but no power was given to the aircraft...

And the final results was a crash against some poor las vegas inhabitant house.

Someone suffered the same problem?
I also had multimple issues with the MCDU that was loading double waypoint, but this will be another post.

Not at my FS computer at the moment, but I think the problem is that you still have the autothrottle on.  Turning off the autopilot does not turn off the autothrottle.  You need to control the throttles by setting the speed in the autopilot speed window, or else turn off the autothrottle to get full manual control. Except in an autoland, I turn off the autothrottle on short final to make sure I can cut power just before touchdown. In RW, the throttle levers always override the autothrottle setting, but not in the CS version.

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2023 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Lumpy CFI wrote on Nov 19th, 2023 at 10:34pm:
This is an unflyable product: requesting support.

I can't start a new topic, so I'm replying to this related issue.

I bought 777F through MSFS Marketplace.  When taking off I encountered an issue that the engines were not responsive to the commanded throttle position after takeoff.  The result was an aircraft stuck in Thrust REF (TOGA power setting) even though the animation clearly showed the throttles moving as expected with my flight controls).  N1 was stuck at max power setting.  I troubleshot all assistance settings, turning all related assistance off.  Same result every time.

I uninstalled the version from Marketplace and bought the version directly from the CS website for another $20.  Same result.  After some time period the N1 thrust gets stuck at whatever power setting is selected regardless of the in-sim throttle position.

Please help.

I think you have a similar problem to the OP.  If the autothrottle is on you cannot override it manually (unrealistic I know).  When you take off in TOGA using VNAV, the autothrottle expects you to climb to the altitude set in the autopilot even if the AP isn't on.  So it maintains TOGA and the CLIMB thrust. So if you stop climbing too soon, you will quickly overspeed.  Again, to stop this behavior you need to turn off the autothrottle arm switch.  I never noticed what the animation of the throttle levers does.

IP Logged

Lumpy CFI

Reply #4 - Nov 22nd, 2023 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mike.  It never occurred to me that it would be an autothrottle issue since I could actually see the throttles moving and the engines weren't responding.  I will investigate and report back.  Thanks for the tip.

I hope I never see this situation in a jet!  What a terrible feeling to see the engines not abide the throttle commands...

IP Logged

Mike777

Reply #5 - Nov 23rd, 2023 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Hi Lumpy CFI,

If you think stuck engines are unpleasant in flight, Sim world, take a look at this real world incident:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathay_Pacific_Flight_780

Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top