Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
disappointed with 767 for V4.5 (Read 1326 times)
Manducci

disappointed with 767 for V4.5
May 3rd, 2020 at 12:59am
Print Post  
for those who flew another company years ago, having the opportunity to fly the 767 in prepar3d v4 would be a dream.
here are my first impressions
about 767-300 for prepar3d v4.

first are the low resolution cockit textures, tiny displays, and what I found worse, the software is extremely heavy, it can be heavier than. fslabs and ngxu.
unfortunately it was a disappointment, even though it is the beta version, I don't know if these errors will be corrected.
I bitterly regretted the purchase.
I am from Brazil, and as you know, our currency is quite devalued compared to the dollar, and for me with a lot of effort to buy this product, I am extremely frustrated.
I was unable to find a positive point on this aircraft, unfortunately it does not justify the amount charged under any circumstances.
I know I can't ask for my money back ... but it was what I really wanted to do.
the fps are horribly low, bad textures, bad displays, small, impossible to see the speedometer, etc. Embarrassed Embarrassed Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Manducci

Re: disappointed with 767 for V4.5
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:02am
Print Post  
it is also impossible to fly due to the fact that my Throttle do not have the option of inactive when the A / T was activated.
I couldn't even make a flight with him, because the autopilot  is crazy if he's going to follow my throttle or the A / T

IP Logged

CptVHHH

Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2020 at 3:08am
Print Post  
What resolution are you running your sim at? What do you mean by tiny displays?

Sounds like something is up with your computer if those other planes you suggested have better performance than the 767.

Also, do you move your physical throttle while the AP is on? That is the only reason as far i know why the plane can't decide what to follow.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2020 at 4:17am
Print Post  
I completed a flight from PHNL-KSFO today on a mid-grade computer, using orbx scenery, 4k textures, flightbeam KSFO, SkyForce 3D, and US Cities San Francisco. Other than the few bugs I already reported I LOVED the way it flew. Handflying was so smooth, the autopilot was great. I tested an warly descent and the plane did exactly what it was supposed to. I almost forgot how slippery the plane can get trying to get down and slow down, but the plane recovered so nicely. I never have problems with the autothrottle, in the real plane when it's engaged, your overrides will only stick in HOLD mode, this plane also simulates that well.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Manducci

Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2020 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
CptVHHH wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 3:08am:
What resolution are you running your sim at? What do you mean by tiny displays?

Sounds like something is up with your computer if those other planes you suggested have better performance than the 767.

Also, do you move your physical throttle while the AP is on? That is the only reason as far i know why the plane can't decide what to follow.

eu nao movi minhas manetes em momento algum, inclusive nem decolar com o TO/GA eu consegui, pois ele segue as minhas manetes e nao o A/T
About mt PC: Is a Ryzen 9 overclocked 4,450ghz, i have a 64mb ddr 4 3200, abs a 2080 TI, so the computer is not a problem, o rim NGXU on Miami with 45fps...
Never see a haviest aircraft like this 767... and no, o cant fly with 25-28fps like some guys Sad

IP Logged

Manducci

Reply #5 - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Alex T wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 4:17am:
I completed a flight from PHNL-KSFO today on a mid-grade computer, using orbx scenery, 4k textures, flightbeam KSFO, SkyForce 3D, and US Cities San Francisco. Other than the few bugs I already reported I LOVED the way it flew. Handflying was so smooth, the autopilot was great. I tested an warly descent and the plane did exactly what it was supposed to. I almost forgot how slippery the plane can get trying to get down and slow down, but the plane recovered so nicely. I never have problems with the autothrottle, in the real plane when it's engaged, your overrides will only stick in HOLD mode, this plane also simulates that well.

I flew another company for years and never had any problems with A / t, neither with him nor with any other aircraft, other than this 767.
as for the displays: when you are in the landing position, do you see the speedometer, for example? I wear glasses and still don’t see anything .. I have to get close to see.
eighth thing no less disappointing, are the low quality textures ...
my simulator runs with everything in the ultra ... no configuration problem

Hoje many fps u get?

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #6 - May 3rd, 2020 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Manducci wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 1:02pm:
Alex T wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 4:17am:

I flew other for years and never had any problems with A / t, neither with him nor with any other aircraft, other than this 767.
as for the displays: when you are in the landing position, do you see the speedometer, for example? I wear glasses and still don’t see anything .. I have to get close to see.
eighth thing no less disappointing, are the low quality textures ...
my simulator runs with everything in the ultra ... no configuration problem

Hoje many fps u get?

The gauges are very clear for me.

At PHNL on the ground I was getting:
25-35FPS

Climb: 55-65FPS

Landing: 25-30FPS

The biggest FPS killer is the volumetric lighting for some reason. It is still not that bad and I just turn them off.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #7 - May 3rd, 2020 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Manducci wrote on May 3rd, 2020 at 12:59am:
it was a disappointment

We are sorry to hear that, but it seems you are not aware of all features of the 767:

Quote:
tiny displays

While they are of regular size, you can call a 2D clone of any of the CRT diplays and make it as large as you wish.

Quote:
the software is extremely heavy

The 767 out of box performance is better that the 757. Plus this may improve it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top