Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Floating (Read 1177 times)
Keirtt
Ex Member

Floating
Apr 28th, 2020 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
After several landings and watching streamers on twitch, it seems to be a common theme to watch folks float this down the runway. If it was only me, I’d say it’s probably a learning curve, but it seems like this isn’t the case. It’s not a bad aircraft but something feels like it needs to be changed at slower approach speeds. Anyone else get this way?

IP Logged

Keirtt
Ex Member

Re: Floating
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2020 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Why was my post pushed all the way to the bottom? Someone also had replied with a similar concern earlier and that is now deleted. Is there an explanation?

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Maybe I'm wrong but there's no way to push posts around? They're sorted by post date haha and there's no way to change that.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
Someone also had replied with a similar concern earlier and that is now deleted. Is there an explanation?

Yes, there was a constructive response but it's gone... We didn't delete that, probably an author did.

But I have removed a couple of recent offtopic post from this thread.

IP Logged

Keirtt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Apr 29th, 2020 at 1:20am:
Quote:
Someone also had replied with a similar concern earlier and that is now deleted. Is there an explanation?

Yes, there was a constructive response but it's gone... We didn't delete that, probably an author did.

But I have removed a couple of recent offtopic post from this thread.

So regarding my original question, is this behavior something that’s being investigated? I’ve continued to notice this behavior of floating. Watched BradM on twitch tonight and saw the same thing on his stream. Any thoughts?

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
is this behavior something that’s being investigated

As soon as we get some proofs/numbers.

IP Logged

stapdaddy

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 4:50am
Print Post  
I do find it to be somewhat of a floater on final approach, however I also did a test flight in the FF767 and the FF767 floated considerably more than the CS 767. That being said I have never flown the real thing and couldn't say for sure.

IP Logged

Alex T

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 4:53am
Print Post  
The LVL-D 767 was always a super soft lander / a floater so maybe it's a 767 thing? The company manuals I have say beware when swapping between the 75 and 76; the 767 is way lighter feel and is more prone to floating / over-rotation.

YouTube  
IP Logged

Keirtt
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 3rd, 2020 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I continue to feel like I can't get over this. I've completed about a dozen flights now with various settings and each time the approach just feels "off". The plane feels way too light at all phases of flight regardless of load. I don't have an easy way to explain it. I'm enjoying it for the most part, but that float feeling on approach just makes it feel unrealistic compared to other familiar payware aircraft. I'm not knocking the product entirely, I just can't get over how it feels on approach. I guess another way to explain it is the feeling of the approach doesn't feel like a 767 heavy aircraft.... it feels more like a cessna which isn't right. Thoughts??

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top