Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 FSX Military Missions with Weapon for FSX (Read 71415 times)
Xpel

Re: FSX Military Missions with Weapon for FSX
Reply #15 - Nov 18th, 2013 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Ok man... Never mind. Maybe something is not included properly at the mission zip.
Whenever you have the time & mood, you may test some of the "Strike at Libya" missions
to see if you also have the same problem there. Since CS uploaded to it's Liveries, I guess there
is no problem with them.

Cheers !

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Okay. I'll get the other ones and try them. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #17 - Nov 20th, 2013 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
I guess, I know what is wrong... My fault...  Sad

The F-18 skin "Omars", is not to be put in default F-18 but in CS_FA-18 !

That is : FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/CS_FA-18/ here & that Aircraft.cfg has to
be edited accordinally...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #18 - Nov 21st, 2013 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Xpel wrote on Nov 20th, 2013 at 12:42pm:
I guess, I know what is wrong... My fault...  Sad

The F-18 skin "Omars", is not to be put in default F-18 but in CS_FA-18 !

That is : FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/CS_FA-18/ here & that Aircraft.cfg has to
be edited accordinally...  

After adding it to the FA-18, I also had to add Weapon to it as well, still without success, so I think you're right.
Now I shall add the livery to the CS_FA-18, and I will expect it to work fine. Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

usb

Reply #19 - May 26th, 2014 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Nice Video!

IP Logged

hendrik357

Reply #20 - Jun 2nd, 2014 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Hi Mark and Everybody,

It has been quit a while since my last post but I have been busy tinkering with FSX. I have a lot of irons in the fire including creating military missions that will be like a free flight but will have moving targets. Recently I purchased the Instant Mission maker from flight1. It is pretty easy to work with and can do a lot different things like creating air, water, and ground traffic. I have even been able to launch a cruise missile that explodes when it hits a target.
  Captain Sim weapons has been one of the best things I have ever added to FSX, I have been using it for about 2 years. I am in the process of learning how to edit the xml so I can add other weapons as they become available. Perhaps one day I will attempt to create a new missile myself to add but that may be a ways off.
    Today I downloaded and installed the Taurus missile and it works wonderfully well!!! I hope everyone is having fun with FSX and finding new places to explore.
     Since  my last post I have made available a number of scenerys for FSX to the public. These can be found at    flightsim.com      Just do a search for my name......Dan Culver and I created awhile back some short film which can be seen at youtube, just look up hendrik3571.
     I hope to be bringing some new and fun stuff the FSX as time goes on. Smiley

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #21 - Jun 6th, 2014 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Hey !
What do you mean "including creating military missions that will be like a free flight but will have moving targets." ?... It sounds interesting. I also use IMM to create my missions. Can you give some more info about that ?

By the way, a video of Strike at Libya (Ground Attack) mission that may be downloaded from the liveries :

IP Logged

hendrik357

Reply #22 - Jun 17th, 2014 at 5:22am
Print Post  
Hi All,

I have been building a mission to use with the Captain Sim weapons.
It is a military mission with a lot of AI fighter jets and moving ground targets. There is also missiles hitting ground targets.
   There are no rewards. I am using the mission format so I can place the moving objects in the air and on the ground. It will be just like a free flight but with moving targets instead of just static objects to shoot at.
    This will be my first mission using IMM. And I am hoping it will be a lot of fun. I have a few more things to finish up but I am hoping to make it available with in the next week or two. I will upload it to flightsim.com Smiley. When it is uploaded and ready for download I will post a message here to let you know.

IP Logged

hendrik357

Reply #23 - Jun 26th, 2014 at 6:31am
Print Post  
I have finished a new mission that will go hand in hand with the payware captain Sim Weapons for FSX package. It will have air and ground targets as well as SAM and Scud missiles and other interesting stuff. This will be my first Mission release and it was created using the "Instant Mission Maker" program by Flight1. I am hoping to upload it here at flightsim.com tomorrow or Friday at the latest. It should be available sometime this coming week end for download. I hope it will be fun and exciting for those who install it. I am not a pro but learning as I go.
I have posted a few screen shots at flightsim.com. here is the link below.

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279831-Screen-Shots-of-upcoming-new...

IP Logged

hendrik357

Reply #24 - Jun 28th, 2014 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
I have uploaded the mission at flightsim.com as of yesterday. It is now available for download. You can either do a search at flightsim.com for my name.......Dan Culver or do a search for the mission name.....".FSX Dans Captain Sim Weapons Mission." Also here is a link,

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=25916050

IP Logged

skybolt66

Reply #25 - Jul 8th, 2014 at 9:40am
Print Post  
SadAfter install. all correctly---FSX crashes to desktop at  mission-start. CSweapons work well in CS-F18 (freeflight) but not in other planes.
In FSX-aircraftpreview is only "armed" shown but no green icon and panel doesn't work in flight afte using CSweapon-loader.
Think weapons must be added to rq1 to make mission working ?
System: FSX+Acc-----other missions work well!

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #26 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I have done a mission set in Korea in 1953.  It's set up for the Milviz F-86, but you can substitute any Weapon equipped airplane pretty easily. 

Here's a link: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/Mission_1953.zip

Unzip to a temporary folder and copy the files to the appropriate folders inside FSX.  Fly the Intermediate level mission called "F86 Interdiction 21-MAY-53".

To substitute another airplane if you don't have the Milviz F-86 (it's excellent!) do this:

1.  After installing this mod - it has a modified Suwan airbase for you -- pick your airplane, set the time of day you want, and go to RKSW (Suwan) Parking 1.  Save your flight.

2.  Copy your saved flight (you can name it anything) from the "Flight Simulator X Files" folder in your documents folder to the folder "Missions\My Missions\F86 Interdiction 21-MAY-53".  It will be extension .FLT and there will be another file with the same name but extension .WX - copy that one too.

3.  Using Notepad, open the .FLT file you just copied, and go to the bottom.  There's a [resource path] section there.  Replace that with this:

[ResourcePath]
Path=.\Missions\My Missions\F86 Interdiction 21-MAY-53
[ObjectFile]
File=F86 Interdiction 21-MAY-53

4.  Delete the original flight files from the "Missions\My Missions\F86 Interdiction 21-MAY-53" folder:

F86 RKSW 21-MAY-53.FLT
F86 RKSW 21-MAY-53.WX

You will now by flying your airplane in this mission.  If you have a HUD - enjoy your super powers.  The F-86 Sabre by Milviz is more historically accurate.

This is a historically accurate and challenging mission!  Your primary task is interdiction against an armored column heading up the road to reinforce CCF forces attacking Little Nori.   That's hard enough.  But be watching for MIG incursions, and friendly F-86 ground strikes.  After taking out the column you can pursue the MIGs if you can find them, or use 500 pound bombs and your guns to provide CAS to the UN ground troops, but be careful to avoid blue-on-blue and be aware that the CCF side can shoot back.  The nearest emergency airfield is RKSD about 20 miles due south if you're hit.

Good luck!

Dutch

PS if you choose to use the Milviz F-86 here's a link to a document that will let you adapt Weapon to it in a historically accurate way: http://fscaptain.net/downloads/WeaponforF86.pdf

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #27 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Hey man ! It sounds very interesting !... I'll definitely try it.

Cheers !

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #28 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks!  Let me know if you have any problems, this is sort of a beta, but really I'm just trying to share what I developed for my own fun.

A P-51 would be a great historically accurate airplane to substitute too, they were extensively used in Korea and probably got more ground kills that anything else.

Dutch

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #29 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I am having so much fun with this.  Testing it over and over I've gotten pretty good at it, handling the F-86, I'm beginning to realize why pilots loved it so.

My last run I took out all 7 tanks with rockets in just two passes.  Had two rockets left and decided to see what else I could get.   Found two T-34s at the bottom of Little Nori and miraculously took out both, one rocket each, then swung around for another pass and strafed the hell of another T-34 and left him smoking.

Then figured I'd better call it quits before I pushed my luck too far.  I've been hit twice before (it's rare but possible when you pass low over enemy armor.)  Once I had a fuel leak and the jet wouldn't develop past 70 percent power so I could barely climb and keep in it the air, but I managed to limp all the way back to Suwon and land.  Kind of a victory!

The other time they flat shot the engine out from under me, but I ditched in the river.  You can ditch an airplane in FSX and I managed to do it without crashing.  I had plenty of time to climb out and swim away before it sank.  (OPS would probably have preferred I eject -- they don't like an intact F-86 at the bottom of a river that could fall into enemy hands.  I wish you could eject that would be cool.)

Funny, when the jet sank, FSX crashed.  Oh well.

Dutch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top