Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 FSX Military Missions with Weapon for FSX (Read 71418 times)
Xpel

Re: FSX Military Missions with Weapon for FSX
Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Sure you can "Eject" !...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWcaY9Z9EbA

As for the mission, I'll use native P-51.

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #31 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Ok man, here is a problem :
I installed mission alright but many users will not be able to install it.
Reason is they don't have a "My Missions" folder in their Missions.
Though I have, installation was not succesfull.

So I took the initiative, if you don't mind, and converted the .wx & .flt files to fit
the Military Category. I've made the files ready both for F-86 & fsx P-51. So users
only have to Copy/Paste the files in Mission Folder.
Mission folder, should now be placed in : FSX/Missions/Military/ here.
Mission can be found at Military - Intermidiate missions through FSX Menu.

Download Link for Mission files, here : https://app.box.com/s/0hnfq36wbbu6eti09i42

Another great plane that maybe should fit the Era, is T-28A "Trojan". Grab it here :
http://www.antsairplanes.com/ (it's free & it's excellent insideout !...)

To fit this plane in mission, follow procedure mentioned by mission creator.
Cheers !

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #32 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks Xpel.  I'm new to the whole missions thing.  I wonder where my "My Missions" folder came from?  Perhaps FSXME?

Anyway thanks for the correction.

Dutch

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #33 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Yes, FSXME. I use Instant Mission Maker, but I always do this, just to be sure...

Another note for FSX Mission building. It's better to add pointers in Missions (compass & +- pointer).
So every level of e-pilots can fly the mission. For example, though I fly FSX a lot, I've never used
navaids. So I don't know what to do with your instructions in briefing... Grin
I just flew North 5-10 degrees for some time ...
So, for me to fly this mission, means I have to read & learn how to use this navaid... Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #34 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
Or use landmarks.  After you get north of Seoul you'll see a big river that abruptly ends.  The battle is right near where it ends.    You will see a fire and a column of smoke to mark the place once you get within about 15 miles of it.  Fly to the smoke.

Using the ADF is easy.  It's like an AM radio, tune it to the frequency of the one you want to fly to and fly in the direction the arrow points until it reverses when you fly over it. In the case of older types like in the F-86, fly so that the arrow points to zero.  The only problem is that the transmitters are low frequency and not as strong as VORs so they only broadcast about 30-40 miles.

Dutch

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Nice mission mate !
I flew it twice cause at first time I was shot down...
As I said, I used the P-51 with guns & rockets. I really had a good
time killing the bandits ! And the overall feeling of the mission was
of a good combat sortie... with both moving & static targets.

I would suggest make it default for native FSX P-51 (provide also files for F-86)
and upload it to CS Weapon Liveries as an addon for this...

Now just for discussion's sake :
- In my missions, if player has been hit, I use sound file of bullets striking the plane,
or even a cry "nuts ! I've been hit !" and as a failure, I preffere "engine fire", so that
player can see a visual effect of being hit...
- I had also the idea (recently) to make a second livery with some bullet holes & scratches
over plane's starting livery & after player has been hit, mission to perform an action of type
"change user aircraft to" the damaged livery plane (added in Aircraft.cfg also of course)...
But I have not tested this idea yet...  Wink
- About the FPS impact at target area : I think not much can be done due to many "aircraft"
type vehicles, though you didn't over do it ! Good machines will have no special problem
with your mission. 

As a conclusion, as I have already said, this addon (CS Weapon), reveals it's full potential in
FSX Missions. It's a pitty that we don't have more mission makers with this interest...

IP Logged

Dutch

Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2014 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the kind words Xpel, glad you enjoyed it.  I don't see any performance hit at all, and I don't have a high end system.

I wanted to add sound whenever the aircraft was "hit" but I couldn't figure out how.  

I use FSXME, and I have 7 "Random Choice" actions attached to a proximity trigger that goes off whenever you fly low over the battlefield.  Each Random has a low probability trigger (2 to 4 percent) and is attached to a particular failure like engine failure, fire, fuel leak, etc.  It's possible for more than one to fire but most likely on each pass none will.

How do I make a sound when one of these Random Choice actions fires?  The documentation says that if you attach more than one event to the Random Choice action it randomly chooses between them, it doesn't perform both of them.

I suppose I could insert some other trigger as a result of the Random Choice that would always fire, and attach two actions to that, one the failure and the other the sound.

Probably, that's the solution; bit of pain, do you have something easier?

I'll be glad to switch airplanes, could you share your CSWeapon.xml for the default P-51, or point me to a thread that has it?

Dutch

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #37 - Aug 21st, 2014 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Sorry for the late reply.
"Attaching" a sound is really easy actually, but I use a different mission building program... Is that simple as this : next action after random choice action, should be a "say" or "play single sound action"... ie connected (referenced) to random action.

About P-51, I use the "classic" method for planes lacking a modeled HUD glass :
- Assign a button at FSX Controls for screen centering
- When time comes to this, hit that button & "light up hud" (Shift + 3, by default)
2D CS HUD is centered at screen center, which centers with pilots view as it must be...

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #38 - Aug 24th, 2014 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks for taking the time to work this mission out Dutch. I'm planning to use another period correct and free model, the ALPHA BLEU CIEL  F4U-7 Corsair, but having the CS Weps config for those that don't have the MV Sabre (yet!), the stock P-51 Racer would be a nice to have.

Agree Xpel, I need to find an easy mission maker interface for accurate military mission building.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #39 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 9:51am
Print Post  
FSX is crashing on both Libya missions, I do not even get as far as Markoz did to the cockpit. Re-downloading from the links given and will see if it was a corrupt file. I have just about all the repaints for both the FSX-A Hornet and CS Delta.

Great work still Xpel, I have your other missions for the Milviz, and really want to try my hand as accurate training missions. Are you using the payware Instant Mission Maker?

For those looking for military based missions that were designed prior to CS Weps, search for E. Olander who has made a few fun FSX missions that could use a rework with CS Weps.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #40 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
-The skins (liveries) have to be added to the CS_f-18a, not the default FSX F-18 !
As also the Aircraft.cfg.
-Have you also installed the simobjects needed (like Nimitz, BOB, Stalwart, etc) ?

-Do you unzip with "7zip" ? This could also be a problem some times...

I'm currently finishing a Mission intended for Israeli F-4 or Mirage III at Golan Heights.
Available in few days...

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #41 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Xpel,
Check on all, I have everything installed correctly and even test flew the repaints for the CS_F18 in free flight to make sure they worked.

Looking forward to your IAF missions. What program are you using to build the missions? If you need some flights recorded, running lastest FSX FSR.

As I wait for a new payware Tomcat to be released, looking to do some historically accurate F-14 missions (USN vs. Libya).

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #42 - Nov 20th, 2014 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
1. And Mission still crashes ?...

2. I use Instant Mission Maker. Most of any Mission part is made with this.
  But I change xml code by hand to add abilities that IMM does not support in my missions or
for complex condition statements (there is no other way for this, anyway...).

3. Quote:
If you need some flights recorded, running lastest FSX FSR.

Well, if I decide to make a 2nd Aerial Combat type mission, I'll keep it in mind.

Though what would be really nice right now, would be for someone to fit CS Weapons at default Mirage III (v1.2) aiming croshair (there are 2 Israeli liveries for this plane : http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_fsx.html ).

It's a beautifull plane, inside-out & flies great & demanding.
I'll fit the Weapons myself anyway but in second time...

IP Logged

Gilles

Reply #43 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Hi Everybody.

In reference of the first post, wher can I find the BattleGround Editor ? the link seems de"ad.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
Gilles

IP Logged

Chris_P

Reply #44 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
Hi Gilles.

Nowadays there are better tools for placing Ground, Naval and Air
targets :
Carrier & Convoy Planner (CCP) developed by FSX@War team, is such a tool that lets you place moving ground and/or ship convoys that follow your edited Waypoint route wherever in FSX World (both in Free Flight & FSX Missions).
Some new military vehicles are also provided !
Additionally, you are able of spawning on the Carrier that you may have placed somewhere, for naval operations.
Latest version added even AI airplanes flying following the Waypoints that you have designed, returning back to the first Wpt after reaching the last one...

Many possibilities and many targets !...

Just Google for FSX@War to download the latest CCP version from their site, as also find info & interesting staff at the forum.

PS : It works just fine with CS Weapons, in case you're wondering.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top