Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Are you using the PDCS? How do you like it? (Read 10134 times)
CoolP

Re: Are you using the PDCS? How do you like it?
Reply #15 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:47am
Print Post  
You are right on the actual ways of playing sounds. I think I should have been more specific since I don't know about how the gauge 'calls' for the click sounds. The sound stuff on the plane is handled by the sound.dll running alongside FSX and my assumption was pointing at the interaction of that dll with the system.

For example, I saw some sound related problems with another dev's B-17 and certain sound hardware. Every time the initial click was 'called', some PCs received a BSOD or just some CTD. It wasn't the actual wave file being called, but the ways of the calling.

Sounds weird  Cheesy, I know, but you can call for sounds in FSX in different ways and since I saw that CS chose the dll to interact with things, I was assuming some more complex processes being involved. Hence my point on the click and perhaps some background buffer causing a CTD when being full (too fast clicks).

So my suggestion was to try some FSX runs without the sound.dll of the CS737 (one has to edit the dll.xml for this, to avoid it being loaded) and still 'hammer' that gauge with fast clicks. Here's the entry to look for.
Code
Select All
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Captain Sim 737 Sound</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon> 

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Are you using the PDCS? How do you like it?
Reply #16 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
I'm not so sure. Because if the company that makes the B-17, is the one that makes Accu-Feel, then I can still hear their sounds even when FSX is not the main focus. For example, when Accu-Feel is in use in FSX, I can be using another program or even another game and I can still hear the wind in the VC, even though FSX is minimized, and my focus is on another program. This does not happen with any Captain Sim products.

Still. I do see what you mean, and it might be causing the issue anyway. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top