Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 PROBLEM with radio panel (Read 10505 times)
nocor747

PROBLEM with radio panel
Jun 30th, 2012 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
hi guys!! i have a problem and i dont know what to do, the problem is that somtimes i open the airplane and i start with the procedures, etc, but when i start setting the navigation freq in the radio panel i move the knob but the frequencies dont change i dont know, sometimes it works well and sometimes it dont! i need hel please!

Nic! Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: PROBLEM with radio panel
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Hi Nic.

Sounds like your Avionics Master Switch is turned OFF. On the panel behind the First Officer, are two switches for turning the Avionics ON or OFF, make sure they are ON (switching one, moves both).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dt

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:18am
Print Post  
I propose different solution to the problem. CS737 uses default FS737 radio panel, but in aircraft.cfg it has no standby frequency. Make sure that you tune radio stack standby knob/display and it tunes active frequency. Alternate solution to is to modify aircraft.cfg (backup it before making alteration) so that it has standby frequency:

[Radios]
// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
Audio.1= 1
Com.1= 1, 1
Com.2= 1, 1
Nav.1= 1, 1, 1
Nav.2= 1, 1, 0
Adf.1= 1
Adf.2= 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1= 1

Changed Com.1, Com.2, Nav.1 and Nav.2 second parameter from 0 to 1 (standby frequency). With this modification you tune standby frequency. Default FS737 radio panel does not have mouse action on active frequency button/display.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
dt wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:18am:
I propose different solution to the problem. CS737 uses default FS737 radio panel, but in aircraft.cfg it has no standby frequency. Make sure that you tune radio stack standby knob/display and it tunes active frequency. Alternate solution to is to modify aircraft.cfg (backup it before making alteration) so that it has standby frequency:

[Radios]
Audio.1= 1
Com.1= 1, 1
Com.2= 1, 1
Nav.1= 1, 1, 1
Nav.2= 1, 1, 0
Adf.1= 1
Adf.2= 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1= 1

Changed Com.1, Com.2, Nav.1 and Nav.2 second parameter from 0 to 1 (standby frequency). With this modification you tune standby frequency. Default FS737 radio panel does not have mouse action on active frequency button/display.
Unless he is referring to the 2D radio panel, I don't think that will solve his problem. But if you use the 2D radio panel, without having the standby frequencies enabled, the knobs still work, but they actually change the nav or com current frequency and not the standby frequency.

Also. By doing what you are suggesting, creates the problem of only being able to change the com1, com2, nav1 and nav2 frequency using the 2D panel! You won't be able to change the frequencies using the radio panel in the VC. That is why Captain Sim didn't enable the standby frequencies in he first place.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dt

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:46pm:
Unless he is referring to the 2D radio panel, I don't think that will solve his problem. But if you use the 2D radio panel, without having the standby frequencies enabled, the knobs still work, but they actually change the nav or com current frequency and not the standby frequency.

Also. By doing what you are suggesting, creates the problem of only being able to change the com1, com2, nav1 and nav2 frequency using the 2D panel! You won't be able to change the frequencies using the radio panel in the VC. That is why Captain Sim didn't enable the standby frequencies in he first place.

Hence it was another solution for those of us that do use 2D panel. Additional solution for adding standby frequency does indeed make VC radio knobs unusable, but if preferring to use 2D panel then it is nice addition to have default FS737 panel to work like it was intended. Best solution would of course to have custom made panels for radio etc. I am probably in minority that prefer 2D panels for radio/GPS, reason is that I use 2nd monitor to display some panels:

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #5 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:15am:
Hi Nic.

Sounds like your Avionics Master Switch is turned OFF. On the panel behind the First Officer, are two switches for turning the Avionics ON or OFF, make sure they are ON (switching one, moves both).

Hi Markoz! thanks a lot that was the problem, i didnt know about that master switch, it is not in the NG hahah you are a pro!  Cheesy

Nico!

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #6 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
dt wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 8:18am:

[Radios]
Audio.1= 1
Com.1= 1, 1
Com.2= 1, 1
Nav.1= 1, 1, 1
Nav.2= 1, 1, 0
Adf.1= 1
Adf.2= 1
Transponder.1 = 1
Marker.1= 1

thanks man, it was the master switch but im very glad for your post!

Nico

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
dt wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 7:52pm:
Markoz wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:46pm:

Hence it was another solution for those of us that do use 2D panel. Additional solution for adding standby frequency does indeed make VC radio knobs unusable, but if preferring to use 2D panel then it is nice addition to have default FS737 panel to work like it was intended. Best solution would of course to have custom made panels for radio etc. I am probably in minority that prefer 2D panels for radio/GPS, reason is that I use 2nd monitor to display some panels:

its working now, but thanks for your post!

nico

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 5:15am:
Hi Nic.

mmm it was working, but boom the problem came back, i think i just discover what is the problem  EVERY TIME THAT I USE THE PDCS THE RADIOS BECOME BLOCK IN THE VC AND BECOME IN BLACK (NO NUMBER) IN THE 2D Sad

HEEEELP PLEASE Undecided

NICO

IP Logged

bud7h7

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2012 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Do you have a custom FSX "default flight" saved with an addon aircraft?

Bud Estrada i5 2500k @ 4.4 - p67 extreme4 - GTX580 - 16gb RAM - Windows 7/64 - FSX SP2

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
bud7h7 wrote on Jul 1st, 2012 at 11:58pm:
Do you have a custom FSX "default flight" saved with an addon aircraft?

no i dont, what i do is open the airplne, then select the airport and go

as i set i thought was the PDCS, but im confuse cause now i realize than when im doing the cockpit preparation an i take too much time for that after certain period of time like 8 - 10 min the radios stop, all this with the APU and APU  gen on, so is not a problem of battery discharge i guess...

thanks!

regards!

nico

IP Logged

PhillRoath

Reply #11 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
nocor747 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:33pm:
as i set i thought was the PDCS, but im confuse cause now i realize than when im doing the cockpit preparation an i take too much time for that after certain period of time like 8 - 10 min the radios stop, all this with the APU and APU  gen on, so is not a problem of battery discharge i guess...

You also need the external power activated.  Press Shift-2 to get the simicons panel and the lower right (just above the red X) is labeled EP for external power.  Click once and then select ground power on the overhead panel.

Phill

IP Logged

nocor747

Reply #12 - Jul 2nd, 2012 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
PhillRoath wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:45pm:
nocor747 wrote on Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:33pm:

You also need the external power activated.  Press Shift-2 to get the simicons panel and the lower right (just above the red X) is labeled EP for external power.  Click once and then select ground power on the overhead panel.

Phill

Ok Phill ill try and ill let u know...

IP Logged

bud7h7

Reply #13 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
It sounds to me like you're experiencing a known issue where after a few minutes, even with APU/ground power, the avionics will quit working. I believe this issue is on the list for the next 1.x update.

Adding electric_always_available = 1 in the .cfg does not seem to have an affect on this bug, But if you have a registered FSUIPC the infinate battery option works well.

Bud Estrada i5 2500k @ 4.4 - p67 extreme4 - GTX580 - 16gb RAM - Windows 7/64 - FSX SP2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top