Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Prepar3d and Captain Sim products (Read 44900 times)
adamjedgar

Prepar3d and Captain Sim products
Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:14am
Print Post  
hi guys,
new forum member (as you will no doubt notice from my first thread blow up about registration...cant bloody read the darn security code among other issues namely, the email validation not working correctly).

anyway, enough complaining!

i have prepar3d and wish to install my captain sim purchase/s to run in prepar3d. (i say "/s" cause im contemplating additional buys if i receive positive response from this query)

how do i go about doing that exactly???? Huh

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re:  Prepar3d and Captain Sim products
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
All our products are designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Product modification for Prepar3d is a different story (money).

IP Logged

adamjedgar

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
oh ok.
does that mean that your producst cannot be used in prepar3d at all as no one has any patches to make em work?

my interest in running prepar3d is mainly because i am having terrible computer hardware stability issues running fsx, that i do not encounter in prepar3d. Undecided

specifically, i have two gigabyte graphics cards (1 ati radeon 6970 and 1 gtx570) on my board...not in sli mode obviously! If i attempt to run both cards in fsx i get a system crash, not immediately but it does happen whilst attempting to take off in the mooney for example (crashes with c130 whilst taxing).

when i move over to the prepar3d simulator (on the same computer system), i have no stability problems at all running both cards together!

im very dissapointed that i cannot run the c130 in prepar3d as i absolutely love the aircraft.

is there anyway to get an installer that will allow instillation into the prepar3d folder?

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
There is a way, i asked the same question a while back when i tested P3D but i cannot share how i got them to install/work with P3D Sad

I only installed them for testing reasons as part of my one month trial of P3D and at the moment i do not have P3D installed so my CS products are only installed in FSX. The 757 worked like a dream btw Smiley

P3D imo needs to mature a little more before i consider to move across to that platform and i hope in time CS will sort something out to allow us to use our CS aircraft in P3D Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Over recent days I have taken a cursory interest in Prepar3D and with the release of the $49.00 version could quiet easily buy it when V2.0 is available. Most every review and comment I have read has been very positive.

I guess I'm sort of influenced by the interest and works going on at the likes of ORBX and REX, they are making big inroads into migrating their products to P3D and may know something we mere mortals don't about the future of FSX. We know Microsoft does not support or develop FSX anymore, P3D has based their product on the FSX platform and I believe some of the old ACES development team are working for Lockheed Martin now on this product. It can only get better.

IMHO P3D may become the base line and many 3rd party developers will be forced into comparability to remain competitive.

As I dabble in software/file configuration I will head down the path @gandy has taken and try to get ALL my 3rd party addons working including my CS purchases. Don't know if licensing will be an issue or not, ORBX has made their migration tool free to it's customers.  Wink

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:57am:
Over recent days I have taken a cursory interest in Prepar3D and with the release of the $49.00 version could quiet easily buy it when V2.0 is available. Most every review and comment I have read has been very positive.
That does sound like good news on the Prepar3d. I would be willing to pay $49, rather than $10 per month or the $199 on the full version! I see that it is an Academic License, so I might not qualify (50+ years old). I might just have to settle for the $199 version. Sad

IMHO P3D may become the base line and many 3rd party developers will be forced into comparability to remain competitive.
The "other developer" (NGX etc.) had said they weren't going to move to Prepar3d because of legal problems that could occur with the products. They don't want their products to be used for real world training that Prepar3d is designed for. Has this changed? I don't visit their forums much so that is why I'm asking.

As I dabble in software/file configuration I will head down the path @gandy has taken and try to get ALL my 3rd party addons working including my CS purchases. Don't know if licensing will be an issue or not, ORBX has made their migration tool free to it's customers.  Wink
If Captain Sim are okay on this, I would do it too.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am:
That does sound like good news on the Prepar3d. I would be willing to pay $49, rather than $10 per month or the $199 on the full version! I see that it is an Academic License, so I might not qualify (50+ years old). I might just have to settle for the $199 version. Sad
Mark
I'm 50++ as well but always learning so that being the case I would have no conscience buying the Academic version, in fact it's quite OK by their definition of the licensing agreements.

Both the Academic and Professional versions are exactly the same product. The Academic license aimed at the single user (gamer) and Professional at flying schools etc. Although originally aimed at pilot education it is obvious LM is looking at the gaming market with the Academic license and the fact that major 3rd party addons are becoming affiliated.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:42am:
Markoz wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am:
Mark
I'm 50++ as well but always learning so that being the case I would have no conscience buying the Academic version, in fact it's quite OK by their definition of the licensing agreements.

Both the Academic and Professional versions are exactly the same product. The Academic license aimed at the single user (gamer) and Professional at flying schools etc. Although originally aimed at pilot education it is obvious LM is looking at the gaming market with the Academic license and the fact that major 3rd party addons are becoming affiliated.
Well if that's the case, then I would be happy to spent $50 to buy Prepar3d Academic. I don't think an "unobtrusive watermark" is going to bother me too much, if at all.

As you have said, the reports on it are very good. Other than the old pricing, I can't remember any negative remarks.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Here is two screen shots with the CS757-200 so you can see what the watermark is like, Sorry for the poor quality of the screen shots as my GTX470 died the other day and im now using an ATI HD4870 with 512meg of memory which is quite an old card now so i cant do much with the AA and AF as well as ground scenery.

&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Must be me olde eyes, can't see the water mark in either screen shot --- Great!

I'll admit I'm between Desktop PC's in transit from Thailand to Brisbane and looking for them on my less than adequate notebook!  Sad

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:03am:
Must be me olde eyes, can't see the water mark in either screen shot --- Great!

I'll admit I'm between Desktop PC's in transit from Thailand to Brisbane and looking for them on my less than adequate notebook!  Sad

I see them! Click on the thumbnails a new bowser tab/window opens. Click on the pic in that new browser tab/window and you will see them full size. You will see it the best in the exterior shot. It took a really close look to see it, it is almost totally invisible. That is a huge plus for buying that version! I shall look into this over the next couple of weeks.

@ gandy. Thanks for the pics. They have helped me a lot. Smiley

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
@Mark, you can get the Academic Version. Just claim you are doing testing of aircraft in simulation and studying bug fixes and cross platforms of FSX and Prepar3D Wink. By the way 50 isnt to old for academics, my 83 year old father in law uses the Academic version and the CS 707 his baby as he call it. He piloted a 707 for American years ago and so the Academic V makes him feel whole and brings back the memories along with the CS707. @ Captain sim my father in law thanks you for making the 707 and making an old RW 707 Pilot happy in the 21st centry Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
After looking at the licensing, it is not a cheap venture. Free upgrades for point updates (i.e. 1.3, 1.4 etc.), but a price must be paid for the next major update (i.e 1.x - 2.0, 2.x - 3.0 etc.). Not that promising really. Not sure I want to pay $US50 for each major update unless it really proves to be worth it. I might wait until v2.0, so I get a good run with it (hopefully).

I almost went through the whole process of buying it and never saw it ask why I wanted the Academic version. Maybe they don'y worry too much about it. Undecided

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #13 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
v2 of prepar3d is a long way away Mark, i could be talking well over a year.. maybe 2+ but the best way to look at P3D v2 is the same as you would fs9 to fs10 or ms office versions.

If you did buy v1.3 it will always be there for you even if you brought v2 as LM wont cancel your licence for it.

This does catch people off and they dont agree with LM charging for v2, if Microsoft didn't kill flight sim development and released v11 they would be happy to pay for it even though it would be v11 and its the same thing.

There is issues with P3D that are being worked on so it wont be for everyone and as there is very little software that supports P3D mainly down to the installers its a lot of hard work doing manual installs of your favourite cs aircraft and other addons

I have done a short test ( not a full test ) of the CS 737-200 0.7 in P3D and it works like a dream, just the way it does in fsx so in a way it would be nice if CS added a P3D ready 737-200 as the only thing different is the location of the dll.xml and and the prepar3d base folder so it would only be the installer that needs pointing to the new locations Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I spent some time in the forums reading up on the licensing, so I know they don't dump you if you do not upgrade to the next level. It is hard for me to see how v2.0 could be compared to the move from FS9 to FSX because it is based on FSX. Sure. If it is a big enough improvement from v1.x, it would justify another US$50 when it happens. I did think of that in my reply above, but chose not to say it. It is early days for me and my investigation of Prepar3d. I could end up buying it anyway. Time will tell.

Right now I'm throwing money into more Orbx airports and possibly US scenery. With Orbx switching to free SBSL with there scenery, it makes the move to P3D, if and when I make it, an even easier move. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 8:48pm
Print Post  
yeah the Orbx sale is great i want to buy AU sp4 but i have to wait till the end of the month but i did pick up NZ south today. I missed the last sale they had.

I picked up the academic version of P3D as i had the spare money but all we know about v2 of P3D is that it will support dx11 which is not much to go on and does not say anything about compatibility of current addons.

When i post to someone who is thinking about buying P3D i always ask them what they expect to get from it and if there flight sim is running fine is it worth swapping over as P3D is not perfect even though they have already fixed a lot of bugs that is in fsx, Some people do have a performance gain while other might not. While i have had a performance gain and the sim runs smoother than fsx for me some have had the opposite and found it worse than fsx, if i was to put that in terms of fps for me.. in the CS757, 727 and 707 i have seen between 3 and 10fps more in the VC with my current hardware.

Oh the other good thing about P3D, if you ever get board of flying in the air you can fly under water in a sub Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 12:28am
Print Post  
The way I see it at this time, P3D is at least a month away if I choose to buy it. First, I gotta buy me some more Orbx airports for AU. Cheesy Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

ayster

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Why not get it for a month on the Developer licence, to try it out? Or I believe there is a free trial option (or was, not sure if its still going on now) I am running P3D on the $9.99 per month licence and find it much more stable than FSX and most addons work flawlessly, a few developers are now making addons for both FSX and P3D (some for no extra cost!) and of course Orbx has the SBSL for PNW, PFJ, NZSI and AUS for free so as long as you bough them for FSX you can run them in P3D. Those that aren't made for P3d can be (fairly) easily installed with a little tweaking.
Think I might get the Academic version in the next month or so, was worried about the watermark before, but it took me ages to see it in the two images so not so concerned now!   Smiley

(i'm also over what would normally be considered Academic age, but I take the odd flying lesson now and again, so that i feel should satisfy the licence requirement!)

Cheers, Ayster

IP Logged

Adamski_NZ

Reply #18 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
@Gandy - thanks for putting up those two screenshots. That's probably the subtlest watermark I've ever seen!

www.nzfsim.org | MSFS 2020 | XP11.50 | Intel i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz | 24GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10x64 Ultimate
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Adamski_NZ wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:25pm:
That's probably the subtlest watermark I've ever seen!
I agree. It's hardly noticeable at all. I had to look very closely to see it. Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #20 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
it is good, i dont even see it on a 24" monitor. Im still flying both sims as i dont have any aircraft installed on P3D as i would rather ask for permission than go against any developers wishes with regards to P3D.

This is why i would like captain sim to say yes we can use but we must remember they are made for fsx so we cannot provide product support on that platform or for them to say, we plan to release a P3D compatible installer for our products in due time Smiley

I would be very happy with both of them Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Cathy Howat

CS and Prepar3D
Reply #21 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 3:07am
Print Post  
I am installing P3d Acade3mic, could CS consider making an installer to support P3d for all of thier FSX products, or alternativly posting instructions on how to port?

Thanks

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #22 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
I bought and installed Prepar3D. So far I have Captain Sim's 707-300 and 737-200 (v0.9), 737-200ADV (v1.0) and 737-100 (v1.4) installed added to and they are working, dare I say, perfectly.

In a few days, I'll start moving more stuff across. I was surprised to find that as I increased the settings the frame rates went up. I expected the opposite to be the case, like it is in FSX. Shocked

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #23 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
you don't have the 757/767 to test under P3D Markoz ?

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #24 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:50pm:
you don't have the 757/767 to test under P3D Markoz ?

Yes I do, but I haven't tried them yet. I have moved the 757 over there, but I have not tried it yet. I have been busy with the 737 Experimental in FSX, but I decided to do a quick try with it in P3D. I had to give the 707 a go because it is my favourite CS aircraft. I was going to try to get the SBSL of my Orbx AU SP4 and REX2 into it before I do a text in the 757.

Besides all that, I have not had Prepar3D for very long, so the CS707-300 and CS737-200 are the only add-on aircraft I have tried so far.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #25 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Thanks, I'll waiting for your inputs before Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #26 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:19am:
Thanks, I'll waiting for your inputs before Smiley

It looks good, so far. I had forgotten to copy the FSX\Captain_Sim\navigation folder over, so when I opened the CU, I could not do much at all. No way to do a flight plan without it.

THEN. Captain Sim released the 737-200 Base Pack v1.0, so I'm back in FSX checking it (and all the Expansion Models) before I move them over to P3D in place of v0.9. Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #27 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Thanks Markoz ! Enjoy your flights with the new 1.0 Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #28 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:56am
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:44am:
Thanks Markoz ! Enjoy your flights with the new 1.0 Smiley

I sure am. I just gotta keep a close eye on it because it doesn't have an FMC and doesn't fly itself! Smiley

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #29 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 8:17am
Print Post  
One more question Markoz, you have the student version of P3D ? The full is too expensive (200$)

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #30 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:14am
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 8:17am:
One more question Markoz, you have the student version of P3D ? The full is too expensive (200$)
Yes. I got the Prepar3D Academic License. If I had not been able to get the Academic License, then I would have waited a few more months (saving my money) before buying it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #31 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:20am
Print Post  
And do you have a watermark on the upper right side ? I think that I'm going the make the jump for it...

How are the lights effets ? (I love the dynamic lights on FSX but this option take to CPU power)

It's in DirectX 10 ? 11 ?

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #32 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 10:05am
Print Post  
The light effects are pretty much the same as fsx, im not sure how bloom effects the performance of P3D as ive never tested it.

Oh yeah P3D is dx9 only as 10 was so buggy in fsx im glad they left it out.

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:10am
Print Post  
The watermark is no problem at all. I never eve notice it. I am busy with flying but it is so unobtrusive that I don,t even notice it! Honest!
I was showing it to a friend yesterday, and as I was turning up the sliders, my frame rates were increasing! I swear I kept saying to him, "Let's see how many frames per second raising this will cost me". Follow by "Well I'll be! I've just gained one or two frames per second". In P3D I'm getting better frame rates with my sliders set above what they are in FSX, that I'm surprised it has!

I haven't put Orbx or REX2 in it yet, but I really expect to lose frames per second with them. Oh! And the comparisons I mention above, are using default scenery at KSEA and flying around there. It was better than anything I've seen in FSX on my computer!

Later, I'll try and do a video (if I can get the two programs I use to do what they should do) on the 757 in P3D so you can see how it performs.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #34 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Thanks for the testimonials, yes please a video could be fantastic ! I can't buy P3D before the next month ;(

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #35 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Cthulhus wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 11:21am:
Thanks for the testimonials, yes please a video could be fantastic ! I can't buy P3D before the next month ;(

I almost didn't buy it. But I gave in and bought it. It's definitely worth the Academic price.

The only real problem I had/have with Prepar3D is my MS Sidewinder FF2 joystick only had a range 50% with the throttle. At idle the aircraft throttle tooltip showed 25% and at full throttle, tooltip only showed 75%. I solved this by installing FSUIPC (I have a registered version) and set the throttle movement there.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #36 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Mark with the throttle you need to adjust the sensitivity and dead zone as they are set wrong by default, dead zone to its lowest setting and sensitivity to its highest and that gets the throttle working as normal Smiley

But i do use fsuipc for my controls now, much better imo as i have a custom profile for flying twin jets, ive only just started to use aircraft specific profiles and it works like a treat Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #37 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
gandy wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:24pm:
Mark with the throttle you need to adjust the sensitivity and dead zone as they are set wrong by default, dead zone to its lowest setting and sensitivity to its highest and that gets the throttle working as normal Smiley

But i do use fsuipc for my controls now, much better imo as i have a custom profile for flying twin jets, ive only just started to use aircraft specific profiles and it works like a treat Smiley

I spent an hour adjusting the Throttle sliders, from all the way up to all the way down, and the best result of the settings tried still only got 50% movement. I had to search for some help in the forums for help, and another person, with the same joystick as mine, found FSUIPC to be the solution his problem. As did I.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #38 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Exciting to read about your experiences!  Smiley

How does the ATC work "over there"?..is it more professional than in FSX ?!

Is the flight planning OK, and can you import plans into the CS FMC..?

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #39 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Morten wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:06pm:
Exciting to read about your experiences!  Smiley

How does the ATC work "over there"?..is it more professional than in FSX ?!

Is the flight planning OK, and can you import plans into the CS FMC..?

I figured it is like FSX ATC so I haven't tried it yet. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #40 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Honest from RW pilot stand point. The default ATC that comes with any sim stinks. Best going online with IVAO or Vatsim. Then you'll get as close as it gets feel.

&&

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #41 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 7:03am
Print Post  
I finally just got P3D but for me the performance are terrible ! FSX is fastest... I have to do something?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #42 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
USCG76 wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:47am:
Honest from RW pilot stand point. The default ATC that comes with any sim stinks. Best going online with IVAO or Vatsim. Then you'll get as close as it gets feel.
The ATC is pretty much the same for P3D as it is for FSX, from what I have just experienced.

Cthulhus wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 7:03am:
I finally just got P3D but for me the performance are terrible ! FSX is fastest... I have to do something?
Ouch! Shocked That's not good.

C:\Windows (C:\ = Disk0 Partition 1 of 4)
I:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (I:\ = Disk2 partition 3 of 3)
J:\Flight Simulator X (J:\ = Disk1 Partition 1 of 1)

So basically, they are alone on the either the partition or the drive that they are installed on. Not sure if this could make that big of a difference or not.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #43 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
I have a very fast SSD DD and all Windows, FSX and P3D are on the same disc.

FSX avergage FPS : 20/30
P3D avergage FPS  : 15/25

...  Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #44 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
It could depend on the scenery, if any you added. I lost fps when I installed the Orbx FTX AU SP4 SBSL. It is still better than FSX, but I expected the drop after installing the scenery.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #45 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:03pm:
USCG76 wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 12:47am:
The ATC is pretty much the same for P3D as it is for FSX, from what I have just experienced.

Ouchh...!! I've heard that it should be much more realistic!...darn!

To CAF: This is an old and obvious statement, however as long as IVAO and Vatsim don't cover the whole world you obviously can't totally rule out the built-in ATC.

Morten

Cthulhus wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 7:03am:
Ouch! Shocked That's not good.

C:\Windows (C:\ = Disk0 Partition 1 of 4)
I:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D (I:\ = Disk2 partition 3 of 3)
J:\Flight Simulator X (J:\ = Disk1 Partition 1 of 1)

So basically, they are alone on the either the partition or the drive that they are installed on. Not sure if this could make that big of a difference or not.

Mark

From what I've learned from NickN, FSX should be entirely on it's own disc and partitions are not particularly welcome in this context.
Also, especially regarding to FSX, Disk RAID and Crossfire configurations are baned!!
Apart from the partitions, I see that Mark's harddisk arrangement is exactly the same as mine, which runs nice and smooth here.

Morten

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

fsland

Reply #46 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:53am
Print Post  
i would consider Prepar3d is it was stable and had a steady stream of payware/freeware

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #47 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
fsland wrote on Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:53am:
i would consider Prepar3d is it was stable and had a steady stream of payware/freeware

On my computer Prepar3D IS much more stable than FSX and the list of compatible addons are growing by the day. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Joao Alfredo

Reply #48 - Sep 17th, 2012 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Well, in recent days appeared in several news AVSIM on the policy of LM.
It would be nice to have a CS777 for P3D.
I'm using the 777 in version 0.8, awaiting the release of 1.0 to see if it works in P3D.
If the release of version 1.0 there is a choice (FSX, or P3D), I choose to compatible P3D.
There is a 737 NG, which is forbidden for P3D, but it works much better under P3D!.........
There is possibility of having CSIM to P3D?

João Alfredo

FX8350 4.0/4.2GHZ, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, 24 GB RAM, XFX R9-280 3GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #49 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Hi João.

I have the CS 777 v0.8 running in P3D. It works fine as long as you comment out this line: gauge02=Captain_Sim.x777.update!Main, 0, 0,  3, 3 from in the panel.cfg, under [Window00]. Like this:

[Window00]
file=bg.bmp
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,768
window_size_ratio=1.00  
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
render_3d_window=0
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
gauge00=Captain_Sim.x777.sys!main, 0,0, 1,1
gauge01=Captain_Sim.x777.sound!main, 0,0,1,1,Captain_Sim\777\sound.ini
//gauge02=Captain_Sim.x777.update!Main, 0, 0,  3, 3

That line causes a CTD in P3D.

EDIT: I have added a pic of the 777 v0.8 in P3D.

Although you can't see it, the RAT is deployed.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Joao Alfredo

Reply #50 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Thank you so much, Mark !
This works very well, now I have a good 777 to P3D.

João Alfredo

FX8350 4.0/4.2GHZ, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3, 24 GB RAM, XFX R9-280 3GB, Thrustmaster T.16000M

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top