Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 Prepar3d and Captain Sim products (Read 44892 times)
adamjedgar

Prepar3d and Captain Sim products
Mar 16th, 2012 at 6:14am
Print Post  
hi guys,
new forum member (as you will no doubt notice from my first thread blow up about registration...cant bloody read the darn security code among other issues namely, the email validation not working correctly).

anyway, enough complaining!

i have prepar3d and wish to install my captain sim purchase/s to run in prepar3d. (i say "/s" cause im contemplating additional buys if i receive positive response from this query)

how do i go about doing that exactly???? Huh

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re:  Prepar3d and Captain Sim products
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
All our products are designed for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Product modification for Prepar3d is a different story (money).

IP Logged

adamjedgar

Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
oh ok.
does that mean that your producst cannot be used in prepar3d at all as no one has any patches to make em work?

my interest in running prepar3d is mainly because i am having terrible computer hardware stability issues running fsx, that i do not encounter in prepar3d. Undecided

specifically, i have two gigabyte graphics cards (1 ati radeon 6970 and 1 gtx570) on my board...not in sli mode obviously! If i attempt to run both cards in fsx i get a system crash, not immediately but it does happen whilst attempting to take off in the mooney for example (crashes with c130 whilst taxing).

when i move over to the prepar3d simulator (on the same computer system), i have no stability problems at all running both cards together!

im very dissapointed that i cannot run the c130 in prepar3d as i absolutely love the aircraft.

is there anyway to get an installer that will allow instillation into the prepar3d folder?

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:27am
Print Post  
There is a way, i asked the same question a while back when i tested P3D but i cannot share how i got them to install/work with P3D Sad

I only installed them for testing reasons as part of my one month trial of P3D and at the moment i do not have P3D installed so my CS products are only installed in FSX. The 757 worked like a dream btw Smiley

P3D imo needs to mature a little more before i consider to move across to that platform and i hope in time CS will sort something out to allow us to use our CS aircraft in P3D Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Over recent days I have taken a cursory interest in Prepar3D and with the release of the $49.00 version could quiet easily buy it when V2.0 is available. Most every review and comment I have read has been very positive.

I guess I'm sort of influenced by the interest and works going on at the likes of ORBX and REX, they are making big inroads into migrating their products to P3D and may know something we mere mortals don't about the future of FSX. We know Microsoft does not support or develop FSX anymore, P3D has based their product on the FSX platform and I believe some of the old ACES development team are working for Lockheed Martin now on this product. It can only get better.

IMHO P3D may become the base line and many 3rd party developers will be forced into comparability to remain competitive.

As I dabble in software/file configuration I will head down the path @gandy has taken and try to get ALL my 3rd party addons working including my CS purchases. Don't know if licensing will be an issue or not, ORBX has made their migration tool free to it's customers.  Wink

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:57am:
Over recent days I have taken a cursory interest in Prepar3D and with the release of the $49.00 version could quiet easily buy it when V2.0 is available. Most every review and comment I have read has been very positive.
That does sound like good news on the Prepar3d. I would be willing to pay $49, rather than $10 per month or the $199 on the full version! I see that it is an Academic License, so I might not qualify (50+ years old). I might just have to settle for the $199 version. Sad

IMHO P3D may become the base line and many 3rd party developers will be forced into comparability to remain competitive.
The "other developer" (NGX etc.) had said they weren't going to move to Prepar3d because of legal problems that could occur with the products. They don't want their products to be used for real world training that Prepar3d is designed for. Has this changed? I don't visit their forums much so that is why I'm asking.

As I dabble in software/file configuration I will head down the path @gandy has taken and try to get ALL my 3rd party addons working including my CS purchases. Don't know if licensing will be an issue or not, ORBX has made their migration tool free to it's customers.  Wink
If Captain Sim are okay on this, I would do it too.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #6 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:42am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am:
That does sound like good news on the Prepar3d. I would be willing to pay $49, rather than $10 per month or the $199 on the full version! I see that it is an Academic License, so I might not qualify (50+ years old). I might just have to settle for the $199 version. Sad
Mark
I'm 50++ as well but always learning so that being the case I would have no conscience buying the Academic version, in fact it's quite OK by their definition of the licensing agreements.

Both the Academic and Professional versions are exactly the same product. The Academic license aimed at the single user (gamer) and Professional at flying schools etc. Although originally aimed at pilot education it is obvious LM is looking at the gaming market with the Academic license and the fact that major 3rd party addons are becoming affiliated.

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 4:42am:
Markoz wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 3:08am:
Mark
I'm 50++ as well but always learning so that being the case I would have no conscience buying the Academic version, in fact it's quite OK by their definition of the licensing agreements.

Both the Academic and Professional versions are exactly the same product. The Academic license aimed at the single user (gamer) and Professional at flying schools etc. Although originally aimed at pilot education it is obvious LM is looking at the gaming market with the Academic license and the fact that major 3rd party addons are becoming affiliated.
Well if that's the case, then I would be happy to spent $50 to buy Prepar3d Academic. I don't think an "unobtrusive watermark" is going to bother me too much, if at all.

As you have said, the reports on it are very good. Other than the old pricing, I can't remember any negative remarks.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #8 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Here is two screen shots with the CS757-200 so you can see what the watermark is like, Sorry for the poor quality of the screen shots as my GTX470 died the other day and im now using an ATI HD4870 with 512meg of memory which is quite an old card now so i cant do much with the AA and AF as well as ground scenery.

&&

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #9 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Must be me olde eyes, can't see the water mark in either screen shot --- Great!

I'll admit I'm between Desktop PC's in transit from Thailand to Brisbane and looking for them on my less than adequate notebook!  Sad

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Lost in Isaan wrote on Apr 2nd, 2012 at 9:03am:
Must be me olde eyes, can't see the water mark in either screen shot --- Great!

I'll admit I'm between Desktop PC's in transit from Thailand to Brisbane and looking for them on my less than adequate notebook!  Sad

I see them! Click on the thumbnails a new bowser tab/window opens. Click on the pic in that new browser tab/window and you will see them full size. You will see it the best in the exterior shot. It took a really close look to see it, it is almost totally invisible. That is a huge plus for buying that version! I shall look into this over the next couple of weeks.

@ gandy. Thanks for the pics. They have helped me a lot. Smiley

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #11 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
@Mark, you can get the Academic Version. Just claim you are doing testing of aircraft in simulation and studying bug fixes and cross platforms of FSX and Prepar3D Wink. By the way 50 isnt to old for academics, my 83 year old father in law uses the Academic version and the CS 707 his baby as he call it. He piloted a 707 for American years ago and so the Academic V makes him feel whole and brings back the memories along with the CS707. @ Captain sim my father in law thanks you for making the 707 and making an old RW 707 Pilot happy in the 21st centry Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:19am
Print Post  
After looking at the licensing, it is not a cheap venture. Free upgrades for point updates (i.e. 1.3, 1.4 etc.), but a price must be paid for the next major update (i.e 1.x - 2.0, 2.x - 3.0 etc.). Not that promising really. Not sure I want to pay $US50 for each major update unless it really proves to be worth it. I might wait until v2.0, so I get a good run with it (hopefully).

I almost went through the whole process of buying it and never saw it ask why I wanted the Academic version. Maybe they don'y worry too much about it. Undecided

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #13 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
v2 of prepar3d is a long way away Mark, i could be talking well over a year.. maybe 2+ but the best way to look at P3D v2 is the same as you would fs9 to fs10 or ms office versions.

If you did buy v1.3 it will always be there for you even if you brought v2 as LM wont cancel your licence for it.

This does catch people off and they dont agree with LM charging for v2, if Microsoft didn't kill flight sim development and released v11 they would be happy to pay for it even though it would be v11 and its the same thing.

There is issues with P3D that are being worked on so it wont be for everyone and as there is very little software that supports P3D mainly down to the installers its a lot of hard work doing manual installs of your favourite cs aircraft and other addons

I have done a short test ( not a full test ) of the CS 737-200 0.7 in P3D and it works like a dream, just the way it does in fsx so in a way it would be nice if CS added a P3D ready 737-200 as the only thing different is the location of the dll.xml and and the prepar3d base folder so it would only be the installer that needs pointing to the new locations Smiley

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I spent some time in the forums reading up on the licensing, so I know they don't dump you if you do not upgrade to the next level. It is hard for me to see how v2.0 could be compared to the move from FS9 to FSX because it is based on FSX. Sure. If it is a big enough improvement from v1.x, it would justify another US$50 when it happens. I did think of that in my reply above, but chose not to say it. It is early days for me and my investigation of Prepar3d. I could end up buying it anyway. Time will tell.

Right now I'm throwing money into more Orbx airports and possibly US scenery. With Orbx switching to free SBSL with there scenery, it makes the move to P3D, if and when I make it, an even easier move. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top