Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Favorite places to fly? (Read 14427 times)
windplayer

Re: Favorite places to fly?
Reply #30 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
I saw YBAS scenery, looks very cool. and i fly there often. looking forward to buy Alice Springs and Cairns. This two first in the list.

Did they eat a lot of FPS?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #31 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
I will download them during my off-peak internet service as I still have about 70GB of downloads left. The peak service is consumed by my sons and their online multiplayer games. I will let you know how they are once I download and install them.

YMMB Moorabbin is going to be interesting, I already have YMAV Avalon and YMML Melbourne v2. All three are pretty close (not much more than about 30-40 kilometres) and YMAV and YMML usually hit my frame rate quite a bit. It will get worse with YMMB Moorabbin and even more worse IF I buy YMEN Essendon, the former Melbourne International Airport (1950-1970) which is right next to YMML Melbourne, the current International Airport.

Mark

Update: I'm getting very good frame rates around Melbourne after adding YMMB to the mix (YMML, YMAV and YMMB)! Frame rate at YBAS is very good too (23 frames per second with the 737-200 with peopleflow on). I'm very impressed with it all now.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #32 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
i see satellite photos of central AU and there is a lot of unpaved airstrips there. no towns nearby, just road and some airstrips near. What are they for, who build it, and what a central AU like?

I mean i can fly dc3 by GPS or visual aids - thats fun. Maybe you know some hot spots in AU for bush flying? like Pine Gap near YBAS Wink Maybe some abandoned mines or something...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 12:57am
Print Post  
Unpaved runways are probably for the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

Central Australia is very sparse. Not very many people really. All the big "Station" (ranch) owners live up there. Anna Creek Station is the largest in the world. Its area is roughly 6,000,000 acres (24,000 km2; 9,400 sq mi) which is slightly larger than Israel, and it is eight times the size of America's biggest ranch, King Ranch in Texas, which is 825,000 acres (3,340 km2; 1,289 sq mi).

Imagine having to mow 6 million acres of lawn!!! Shocked

Pine Gap is OFF LMITS! Fly over Pine Gap and the Yanks (and a few Aussies) will shoot you down for sure. Not in FSX though. Wink

I fly around the Great Dividing Range a lot, it goes from right near the tip of Queensland, to a place called the Grampians (about 100 kilometres west of me) in western Victoria. It is a hilly, I can't call it mountainous because the largest mountain here is 7,310 feet (2,228 metres) above sea level, would be a hill to many Europeans, and picturesque area to fly around in. Especially with Orbx AU.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

USCG76

CMDR. USCG JBSA DOG

Reply #34 - Apr 7th, 2012 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
My favorite place? Easy Ice strips. I've landed the Canadian North 737-200C RW enough times on them I lost count. So I tend to do the same in FSX and yes Prepar3D. I'd like to find some challenging strips in Siberia for the CS737.

&&

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #35 - Apr 8th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
USCG76 wrote on Apr 7th, 2012 at 8:09pm:
My favorite place? Easy Ice strips. I've landed the Canadian North 737-200C RW enough times on them I lost count. So I tend to do the same in FSX and yes Prepar3D. I'd like to find some challenging strips in Siberia for the CS737.

Siberia scenery not very good in FSX, and there is no payware as far as a know. There is a HUGE number of small towns to the east of Ural mountains, where no other transport then aircraft works good. Roads - its just a words Smiley and scenery basically very sparse. forests up to  horizon (we call it taiga), tundra to the north, steppe covers huge region. I've been there - i was shocked. Looking at all that, you cant guess that civilization exist somewhere Wink

Anyway, there is a some major ports like Tomsk, Novosibirsk, Omsk available on avsim.su (russian forum). They are free and created by enthusiasts. Also you may want to try to find town of Mirny. its a diamond mine, look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvaegcQm24
major aircraft on siberia regional routes a pretty old props an-12(cargo),24, jets tu-134,154, Il-76(cargo). so 737 can fit there very well, and many regional ports are challenging. no ILS, one beacon, but not so interesting to fly that place in FSX, as it wasnt modeled good. And no charts, or at least i dont know where to get em. This regional flights - heavy load for pilots. And maintenance....well, you know what i mean...old jet witch flies a lot far from major towns...

BTW sunsets in Novosibirsk looks something like in LA due to smog Smiley

IP Logged

CaptBrae

Long Live Boeing 707!

Reply #36 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Me, I usually do flights from Vancouver, and flight along the western seaboard. And if i got time, ill fly to japan or Hong Kong.

I will also go to Europe and fly to Germany, France, Portugal, and Russia, usually from Heathrow.

I also fly in and out of Australia to Cancun, Or Sint Maarten to Toncontin.

At Toncontin i usually take the 757-200 and practice that 30 degree bank approach  Grin

Braedon

IP Logged

fsland

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:57am
Print Post  
LOWI innsburk! with real weather it keeps you on your toes!

IP Logged

FastenYourSeatbelt

Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Got to be Italy for me - the Alps and Venice in the north and the warm climate in the south make for a great place to fly. I enjoy whizzing around the PNW in the USA with a Carenado Cessna too with ORBX scenery packs installed.  Smiley

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #39 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Alps on a sunset! Man, thats something! i do fly a lot in EU. There was lots of rains a week ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top