Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Favorite places to fly? (Read 14428 times)
LukeP

Re: Favorite places to fly?
Reply #15 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 1:33am
Print Post  
I'm a sucker for the EGLL-KSFO route! I'm yet to go to Singapore > Auzzie. Waiting for CS 777 to do that as BAW15  Wink

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #16 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 10:12am
Print Post  
I'll fly overseas in near future. i have to get some more experience in flying 707. fuel, fuel-efficient power settings, etc. and then i'll do some crossings Smiley i'll go for doppler nav first. i flew kpdx - phnl 2 or 3 weeks ago. doppler gives enough precision. i was able to arrive within vor range. offset was about 15 nm, but still good for 5-6 hrs flight.

IP Logged

Carlos22

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
I love to do short hauls, normally I do EGPH-EIDW which takes less than 45 min and is quite amazing especially if you are using old "steam gauges" aircrafts!

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
And another cool thing about short flights,  that you can do several flights in line. Much like a bus. thats totally different experience. I fly 727 in Australia like that.  A little longer flights. 1 to 1:30 hrs long. Can spend entire day like regional lines pilot, with dinner between legs Wink
Thats fun in sim. Maybe not so fun in real life, but fun in sim))

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Overall, I guess I do most of my flights out of LAX, but I like flying in Europe the most. The only problem is that I get my routes off of FlightAware, and since Europe mostly uses Airbuses, and I have mostly Boeings in my collection, so it's hard to find a good real-world route.

I've done a few flights in Australia lately. Those of you that live there, what do you think of the FSX scenery? I've been rather impressed.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Reply #20 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:42pm:
Overall, I guess I do most of my flights out of LAX, but I like flying in Europe the most. The only problem is that I get my routes off of FlightAware, and since Europe mostly uses Airbuses, and I have mostly Boeings in my collection, so it's hard to find a good real-world route.

I've done a few flights in Australia lately. Those of you that live there, what do you think of the FSX scenery? I've been rather impressed.

http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/showplans.aspx

This is what I use, the routes are pretty similar (if not exactly the same) as real-world routes.

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #21 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 9:32pm
Print Post  

im not from Au, so guys will tell better, but i fly AU most of my time. Before i bought FTX AU SP4 - there was a kinda dull places mostly. Big ports fine, but i fly 727 on regional routes, so a lot of regional airports does'nt have towns they tied to. just desert with some autogen trees, and in the middle - airport. FTX AU brings life to it. That's totally different. So defaut FSX scenery for AU not so good if you look  far from major cities. Default USA looks much better.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
NNewcomb wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 9:04pm:

http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/showplans.aspx

This is what I use, the routes are pretty similar (if not exactly the same) as real-world routes.

I saw that website a while ago, but I forgot the name. Thanks!

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #23 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
I've made KSEA my home base rather than KSFO. KSEA is one of the default airports with a fair amount of detail on the west coast(for the time to load PST), the jetways at KSFO do not work with the CS757/767 Sad I'd like to get the KSFO add on **** Airports San Francisco. Do any of you have it?)

I use flightaware.com and will search the United Airlines tail number from my CS aircraft and see where in the world the plane is and use the last or next flight plan. A lot of times its the north Atlantic tracks east coast(KIAD, KEWR) to Europe and back, which change daily.

I like the New Zealand area too but have only flown there a few times. The Lord of the Rings wouldn't have been the same filmed somewhere else...it is a beautiful country.

One of the places I would like to fly in FSX and real life would be Patagonia and The Andes, kinda like New Zealand, what I would call remote and wild.

Dave

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #24 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:49am
Print Post  
The default scenery is crap. I live in Victoria which is in the south (birds here fly north for the winter) and Victoria does not look like a desert in the Summer. It is very green mostly (the drought did have some areas in the state looking dry, but not like Microsoft portrays them in FSX). Anyone who seriously wants to see how Australia really looks should buy Orbx-FTX AU (SP4)!

dbhally wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:34pm:
I like the New Zealand area too but have only flown there a few times. The Lord of the Rings wouldn't have been the same filmed somewhere else...it is a beautiful country.
I just finished a Trans-Tasman flight, Melbourne (AU) to Wellington (NZ). Too bad that Wellington is on the North Island instead of the South Island, I have Orbx-FTX NZSI and the NZNI isn't done yet.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2012 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:49am:
The default scenery is crap. I live in Victoria which is in the south (birds here fly north for the winter) and Victoria does not look like a desert in the Summer. It is very green mostly (the drought did have some areas in the state looking dry, but not like Microsoft portrays them in FSX). Anyone who seriously wants to see how Australia really looks should buy Orbx-FTX AU (SP4)!

dbhally wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:34pm:
I just finished a Trans-Tasman flight, Melbourne (AU) to Wellington (NZ). Too bad that Wellington is on the North Island instead of the South Island, I have Orbx-FTX NZSI and the NZNI isn't done yet.

Mark

Here are some places I would really like to see...(and to give Mark and his countrymen a nod.)

this place is truly a wonder of the natural world, along with...Ayers Rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata_Tjuta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ularu

There is an episode of Naked Planet featuring Ularu along with Kata Tjurta here on public broadcasting and it was amazing!

I've looked at this area via Google Earth quite a bit...so beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Apostles_(Victoria)

another place I would like to add would be the Tepui's of Venezuela

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tepui

Dave

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 12:41am
Print Post  
I have the another company downtown San Francisco which is great fun to fly around in a chopper. I also have KLAS, BIKF and all of Iceland. But my favorite is FTX NA Blue. I have a bunch of the little airports which which are great fun in all the small planes.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
this place is truly a wonder of the natural world, along with...Ayers Rock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata_Tjuta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ularu
Orbx FTX AU Red has both the Olgas (Kata_Tjuta) and Ayres Rock (Ularu) very nicely represented. I was flying around there in a GA aircraft on Wednesday. I have been to Ayres Rock in real life too (1970). The airport is further away from "the Rock" than it was when I flew there from Alice Springs.

Quote:
I've looked at this area via Google Earth quite a bit...so beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Apostles_(Victoria)
This one isn't represented in Orbx FTX AU Blue. Not only that, one fell down a few years ago, due to erosion, so there are only eleven left now! Sad

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:22am
Print Post  
wow! i got entire FTX AU SP4. now i think i gonna get dc3 into the air to see all that Smiley

How fun it is: i bought FTX AU in the beginning of december, and in the end they had x-mass sale Smiley) i could save 33 $ if i knew that sales happen Smiley Anyway i didnt miss sale and got some more FTXes.

Now im waiting for sale to get twin outer. dc3 kinda big for small fields in FTX AU sometimes.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #29 - Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:48am
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on Apr 6th, 2012 at 9:22am:
wow! i got entire FTX AU SP4. now i think i gonna get dc3 into the air to see all that Smiley

How fun it is: i bought FTX AU in the beginning of december, and in the end they had x-mass sale Smiley) i could save 33 $ if i knew that sales happen Smiley Anyway i didnt miss sale and got some more FTXes.

Now im waiting for sale to get twin outer. dc3 kinda big for small fields in FTX AU sometimes.

I just bought AU YBAS Alice Springs Airport, AU YMMB Moorabbin Airport and AU YBBN Brisbane International. In two weeks time, when I next get pocket money, I'll probably buy AU YMEN Essendon and AU YBCS Cairns International Airport.

I wonder if they'll ever do YSSY. I really want that one the most, now that I have Brisbane.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top