Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
 25 New Ground Service for the 767 (Read 26082 times)
oskiatl

Re: New Ground Service for the 767
Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I read your post's Mort, and you have a valid point, but from a business perspective I can't knock another company! He say's it's the developers, so I say go after the developer's, and I'm willing to bet the developer's will blame another company for the jetway's. Anyway it goes no one over at another company or the developers is going to take the blame. One rule of business is never tell customers you are in it for the money, because it comes of cold, to the customer. I don't have GSX as of yet, but if you can use it at default airports for one price, the AES is gone this weekend, LOL! I to am tired of buying those credits! I'm an ol school guy I don't mind using the default airports. But I do like the effect of having ground service.

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #61 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Well you're right, and in the end I did actually moderate my tone  - however, when I then politely asked who then was responsible for the credit system, I got no answer, whatsoever!  Grin  so rather pathetic..

Okay, I was prepared for some trashing, but not to that extend. I guess It's all about not becoming a laughing stock when one already have spend tons of dough on those silly "credits" over there Wink  

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #62 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Unfortunately for another company, it was the credit system of buying for AES that stopped me from buying it in the first place. I did try the free trial and liked it. I just did not want to spend so much money to get them on only selected airports - looking at their list, AES is not available at any Aussie airports yet Sad

GSX came to my rescue and it works at all the default airports I have tried it at (my ORBX airports are not installed at the moment) and it did not cost me lots of money. I think that is the real selling point for GSX over AES. AES might be better, but I don't have oodles of money to spend on expanding it to all the airports it's available for.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #63 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
I agree with Mark, the only reason I bought add on Airports was for AES. I'm going to switch to GSX this weekend, but now I'm stuck with Airports I didn't really want! LOL

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #64 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Yeah, that money aspect. That's the (dev's) elephant in the room over in the other thread, obviously.  Cool

Well the sheer jetway movement currently is an AES special at the airports with the missing default feature. GSX can't help you on that so far. I hope this (GSX) aspect changes in the future since it does not look like the AES pricing system is about to change soon.
Do the maths, on a 25 or 26 Euros airport, some folks (like me) bought credits for some additional 7.50 Euros. That's a 30 percent plus on the cash flow. Can't complain about the actual quality of the services involved, but the price is too high in my eyes.
However, I think GSX offers a nice competition to that credit based payment system and I'm looking forward to any progress, at both dev's ends.

Side note. On the AES airports where you have your credits enabled, disable GSX via that ini file. So the features won't interfere in any way. I have PANC for example. And if I press the GSX key commands there, it tells me that is was disabled. So my slow brain remembers to use the fancy AES instead.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top