Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 New Ground Service for the 767 (Read 26083 times)
CoolP

Re: New Ground Service for the 767
Reply #45 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 6:23am
Print Post  
Morten wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 8:11pm:
Come on, lets get naughty over at another company and push for some fast changes, now..!!
I definitely intend to!  Angry

Haha, count me in, Morten. However, I think that competition is the way out of this, so lets just make sure that GSX offers a jetway part and we don't have to wonder over credits again. I really can't complain about the actual quality of AES services though, it's just that extra cost for every airport thingy I can't get used to, although I've supported it with my money. There wasn't another option.  Embarrassed

Strange side effect is that most reviewers have already adapted ('resistance is futile') to that policy to charge for the extra features on already 25 Euros airports. Also, some bunch of forum users is seems to be extremely happy with this. And the sales numbers seem to be fine too. Each to their own.

But I'll join the 'minority' of the folks hoping for a cheaper way of enabling just some default FSX feature. Cheers!  Cheesy

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #46 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 25th, 2012 at 3:32am:
Morten wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 4:48pm:
After reading actual facts, I had to apologize over there in every way I could:

http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/arctypes.asp

In other words, no wonder that we're being refused to park at medium gates, for crying out loud!

That refers to Wake Category and not necessarily aircraft size. Although the 757 is a "Heavy", according to the Wake Codes, the actual aircraft size is "Medium". Well that is what I thought it was anyway. I also thought it was the same the 767 as it is for the 757.

Mark

A side note, in 2010 FAA decided to change the heavy weight from 255,000 lbs MTOW to 300,000 lbs (as in ICAO regulations) and 757 is no longer a 'heavy' in any way (special separation minimums apply though).
http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N7110.525.pdf

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #47 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Thanks for the HU on that one. Interesting.
Signed by Nancy B. Kalinowski. Sounds like bucholski isn't too far away. That's why you know.  Tongue

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #48 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 25th, 2012 at 3:32am:
Morten wrote on Feb 24th, 2012 at 4:48pm:
After reading actual facts, I had to apologize over there in every way I could:

http://www.airlinecodes.co.uk/arctypes.asp

In other words, no wonder that we're being refused to park at medium gates, for crying out loud!

That refers to Wake Category and not necessarily aircraft size. Although the 757 is a "Heavy", according to the Wake Codes, the actual aircraft size is "Medium". Well that is what I thought it was anyway. I also thought it was the same the 767 as it is for the 757.

Mark

Seems as we are dealing with a borderliner more than an airliner..!  Shocked  

Anyways, yesterday I tried out a 767 flight from Copenhagen to Budapest with the 150.80 wing_span mod for the first time. Had no obstacles whatsoever - at least not what I was aware of. Nice indeed to be able to park on all the fancy sites, before main buildings and all!   Cheesy

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #49 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 11:42am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:35am:
Thanks for the HU on that one. Interesting.
Signed by Nancy B. Kalinowski. Sounds like bucholski isn't too far away. That's why you know.  Tongue

Good one. Smiley

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Reply #50 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 1:34am:
ottoramsaig wrote on Feb 17th, 2012 at 8:12pm:
Won't affect me much as I am still digging the GSX!
It was just something I observed when I wanted to watch them, from the 767 galleys, bring the catering carts inside. Wink
I'm still have great fun with GSX too. I love the different sized buses that come out depending on the size of the planes passenger capacity. A little bus, like a Toyota Tarago for the Cessna, compared with a big bus for 737-100/200.

How about the hot dog catering truck that comes for the C130.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #51 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
I haven't used GSX on the C-130. I was using it in Antarctica X and so I didn't use GSX. The airport I landed at was the RAAF Base at East Sale (YWES) that only had a Fuel box and no other parking. So no GSX. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #52 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Ok, CoolP now I've done my share of naughty business over at another company!

http://forum.another company.com/index.php?/topic/53053-fsx-jetways-hijacked-by-aerosoftaes/

So now I expect you to follow up as promised with your usually delicate and wide ranged thoughts as well!  Wink

PS. It is indeed intentional, that I don't mention GSX at all over there!
They hate GSX and claim that they stole their "formula"!
So I'm only focusing on the animated Jetways, being a FSX standard feature that they obviously seem to have "stolen"!

http://forum.another company.com/index.php?/topic/52347-gsx/

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #53 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I saw that 'stole the formula thingy' over there and wasn't too happy about it. Not that I'm on a special side of the game, but I actually hate it when tricks are pulled from any party. Sentence open to the reader's eyes and judgement.

Morten, you've written down a valid point in my eyes. I did not like to be 'forced' to buy extra AES credits at all on an already 25 Euros purchase. I really think the AES stuff is good and of quality, but I've surely bought more than I really wanted, just to get that default feature back. I've later stopped it as I didn't see the point and cost relation in it.

As said, if GSX would be able to move some structures on all airports, like it is able to push you back at all the thousands, we would not have to discuss this though. So while I would doubt that the business model of the one party changes much, I actually hope that the features of the other one render it to being obsolete when it just comes down to some moving jetways.

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #54 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:14pm:
Yeah, I saw that 'stole the formula thingy' over there and wasn't too happy about it. Not that I'm on a special side of the game, but I actually hate it when tricks are pulled from any party. Sentence open to the reader's eyes and judgement.

Morten, you've written down a valid point in my eyes. I did not like to be 'forced' to buy extra AES credits at all on an already 25 Euros purchase. I really think the AES stuff is good and of quality, but I've surely bought more than I really wanted, just to get that default feature back. I've later stopped it as I didn't see the point and cost relation in it.

As said, if GSX would be able to move some structures on all airports, like it is able to push you back at all the thousands, we would not have to discuss this though. So while I would doubt that the business model of the one party changes much, I actually hope that the features of the other one render it to being obsolete when it just comes down to some moving jetways.

Thanks for your contribution at the another company forum!
Especially by focusing on the ridiculous and unfair Credit system!  Smiley

Although I certainly managed to wake up the venerable manager of another company himself from sweet dreams about earning money from "credits" the rest of his life, it seems that I have a hard time to get through to all the Fritz'es, Herman and Adolf people over there, who tend to misunderstand everything!  Shocked

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #55 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Morten, please avoid the touchy buzz words like 'stealing' and things. Me says you are a very capable speaker and you therefore have other options. That's just to make sure that the tone stays fair and polite. Since the complain itself (not so much the wording in my eyes) is valid, there's no need to over-stress certain arguments.

Quote:
it seems that I have a hard time to get through to all the Fritz'es, Herman and Adolf people over there, who tend to misunderstand everything!

Mind the wording again.  Wink However, keep in mind that you can have at least two reasons for not understanding what a person wants to tell you. First, you don't understand it. Second, you don't want to understand it. Second case is more special, but far more common.  Grin

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #56 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Too late to make any changes to this grumpy old man here!  Cheesy
At the same time I'm not a chicken, so I'm mostly immune to harsh reactions.
Anyway, as it is, I kept my worst artillery away from the another company forum - so no worries, CoolP.

However it certainly seems as we have stepped into a minefield here! - a huge debate has launched and an avalanche of topic answers has completely drowned my mailbox..!  Shocked      

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #57 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
We just shouldn't expect the guys selling new and shiny cars to honestly tell us about the advantages of the not so shiny (and less expensive) ones. Me says that's the second case of that 'they don't understand' thingy. As so often. Grin

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #58 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:15pm:
We just shouldn't expect the guys selling new and shiny cars to honestly tell us about the advantages of the not so shiny (and less expensive) ones. Me says that's the second case of that 'they don't understand' thingy. As so often. Grin

Pass!  Didn't get that!...explain please.  Huh ...Okay got it!, yes you're right!  Smiley

Tomorrow however, I intend to enter the battlefield again and have a little dialog with Mathijs, now when things hopefully has calmed down a bit there...

Whereas tonight I will take my Precious (CS767) from Budapest to Santorini. Something that I've looked forward to all day!  Smiley
....must just think of some kind of explanation to the passengers, not being aloud to use the jetways as it happens that both airports are hijacked by another company......hmmm

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #59 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
I wonder if you completely lost your voice CoolP, after all that screaming over at another company..?  Huh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top