Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 Version 1.5 feedback (Read 44427 times)
CoolP

Re: Version 1.5 feedback
Reply #45 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
You are right, there is a value where the sound is supposed to come up. I would have to look up that exact one though. Flaps 5 is way too soon of course.

The real thing acts as follows.
Landing gear config warning when in flight (gear not extended), flaps in landing position (25 or 30) or any thrust lever idle with a RA of lower than 800ft. The gear override switch then is the only way to prevent the warnings from going off.

The Gear Override Switch itself does the following.
Inhibits the ground proximity TOO LOW GEAR caution.
Inhibits the ground proximity TOO LOW TERRAIN caution.
Inhibits the landing configuration warning siren.

I don't know if all these details are modelled though.  Undecided But 21.0 looks like a good setting, so you get your warnings with 25 and 30 again.

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #46 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:53pm:
... or any thrust lever idle with a RA of lower than 800ft. The gear override switch then is the only way to prevent the warnings from going off.

Thanks indeed for clarifying this CoolP!  I was confused about that until now!  Smiley

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #47 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post  

The plane flies much better with the 1.5, most noticeable with the A/P. Before it would ascend when it should be descending and just wouldn't follow what was published in FMC. It behaves not perfect, much more accordingly now. Perhaps due to the fact that the A/P in not dependent on the FSUIPC?
With 21.0, I'm not getting any warning sound, even with flaps 25 or 30. With that value, are you getting the warning sound with flaps 25 or greater?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #48 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
No problem, Morten. Brian, I haven't checked the tweaked settings, but the 21.0 setting helped a lot in 1.4.
Edited:
Maybe edit it to exactly 20.0 or 20.1 and test again.

Find a ton of info (additional to the one in the manuals) regarding the planes here if you like. http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/boeing/B767/ Or here. http://www.biggles-software.com/software/757_tech/main/sitemap.htm
757 and 767 are very similar on the basic stuff and philosophy, so you can always look at both planes.

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #49 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
So I put in 20.0 and 20.1 and still no warning sound. With 20.1 I'm not getting any warning sound when I throttle back completely. No problem though. Much nicer not to have those sounds. Hopefully I'll remember to  to deploy the gear before landing. 
Thanks for the links CoolP. I'll check them out.

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #50 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
The good news about 1.5:  I flew the 767 from Taipei to VHHH at FL310; the bird was rock steady on course and altitude even with a 56-60 kt crosswind at altitude and through higher than normal winds during descent to 2000 ft for the approach.
The bad news:  no one else has reported the problem, so maybe it's just my system.  During the approach to VHHH I selected LOC and then APP at the appropriate times.  The 767 began the descent exactly on GP and localizer.  On short final the 3 green autoland lights came on--and the plane started making S turns just like the 757 before the latest update.  At minimums I had to disconnect the AP and land manually because the rolls L and R were becoming more severe.  I uninstalled 1.5 and all the other files as Markoz suggested in his posting, downloaded a fresh file of 1.5 and installed it.  I then flew a test flight from KRSW to KMIA.  All went well until short final (wind 181/17kts) to rwy 27 and then the rolling started again and I again had to land manually.  I tried the flight again with weather set to fine rather than actual, wind on short final 006/3 kts and the rolling again occurred.
Has anyone else had a problem?  If not, I'll submit a ticket.
One other question:  I know v4.6 for the 757 does not use FSUIPC, but does the 767 still use it?

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #51 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 8:12pm:
The good news about 1.5:  I flew the 767 from Taipei to VHHH at FL310; the bird was rock steady on course and altitude even with a 56-60 kt crosswind at altitude and through higher than normal winds during descent to 2000 ft for the approach.
The bad news:  no one else has reported the problem, so maybe it's just my system.  During the approach to VHHH I selected LOC and then APP at the appropriate times.  The 767 began the descent exactly on GP and localizer.  On short final the 3 green autoland lights came on--and the plane started making S turns just like the 757 before the latest update.  At minimums I had to disconnect the AP and land manually because the rolls L and R were becoming more severe.  I uninstalled 1.5 and all the other files as Markoz suggested in his posting, downloaded a fresh file of 1.5 and installed it.  I then flew a test flight from KRSW to KMIA.  All went well until short final (wind 181/17kts) to rwy 27 and then the rolling started again and I again had to land manually.  I tried the flight again with weather set to fine rather than actual, wind on short final 006/3 kts and the rolling again occurred.
Has anyone else had a problem?  If not, I'll submit a ticket.
One other question:  I know v4.6 for the 757 does not use FSUIPC, but does the 767 still use it?

Be careful with that LOC button, unless you know EXACTLY what you're doing!!
When flying a CAT III ILS Aproach, you only need to hit the APP button at the time retrieving final ILS vectors from ATC, then things will work out successfully.    

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 1:51pm:
I have another issue - When the landing gear is coming up, i get a repetitive "windows error sound" while the gear is moving inside the plane and no gear up sound

No ideas anyone? It's still happening and it's driving me nuts  Embarrassed

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #53 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Are both 767 gauges entries present in your dll.xml? Can you check if there is a sound for the gear motion in the Captain Sim\767\sound folder?

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Sounds are ok, had checked and double checked now.

There's only one entry in the DLL.XML file, as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
           <Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
           <Disabled>False</Disabled>
           <Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #55 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Should be two.
Code
Select All
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>
		<Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon>
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
		<Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon> 

Maybe try and report back.  Smiley

IP Logged

tomwithers

Reply #56 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
I have taken the old 1.4 version off and reloaded the 1.5 and restarted the computer and the following didn't work, I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the problem still persists. If I am honest, I have had this product nearly 2 years and there has always been something wrong with it. Why is it me who seems to have these problems and no one else does, I'm so frustrated with it, and hope that someone can finally help me to resolve the problems but I'm sure there will be some more underlying problems !!
Thanks withers96.
Undecided
>LNAV doesn't work
>VNAV doesn't work
>Speed control knob doesn't turn
>When TCAS switch is switched to TA/RA, it goes to TCAS FAIL on the ND which should've been fixed!!
>When the TEST button is pressed on the TCAS knob, it doesn't say 'TCAS SYSTEM TEST OK'
>ADI doesn't work ( stops after about 5 mins and the IRS is aligned etc!!)
>Autopilot doesn't work, i.e no light appears on the button!

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #57 - Nov 30th, 2011 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Those a major issues, but I think something on installing the plane might have failed. Did you try these vital steps? Make that 'to the letter'. www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1322008495/34#34

To rule out any basic problems, be aware that she needs 'Microsoft® Flight Simulator X SP2 or Flight Simulator X Acceleration.' and that Directx has to be current too. Just stating this because the operation seems to be seriously mixed up.
Does the ACE state some demo mode or something? If so, the protection might prevent some systems from working. Also take a look at your dll.xml and check if those two dlls from the 767 are there.

This is all guesswork of mine though, but please check those items because the issues really look like having a basic nature.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #58 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:16am
Print Post  
tomwithers wrote on Nov 30th, 2011 at 9:45pm:
I have taken the old 1.4 version off and reloaded the 1.5 and restarted the computer and the following didn't work, I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the problem still persists. If I am honest, I have had this product nearly 2 years and there has always been something wrong with it. Why is it me who seems to have these problems and no one else does, I'm so frustrated with it, and hope that someone can finally help me to resolve the problems but I'm sure there will be some more underlying problems !!
Thanks withers96.
Undecided
>LNAV doesn't work
>VNAV doesn't work
>Speed control knob doesn't turn
>When TCAS switch is switched to TA/RA, it goes to TCAS FAIL on the ND which should've been fixed!!
>When the TEST button is pressed on the TCAS knob, it doesn't say 'TCAS SYSTEM TEST OK'
>ADI doesn't work ( stops after about 5 mins and the IRS is aligned etc!!)
>Autopilot doesn't work, i.e no light appears on the button!

All of those problems, except the 4th one, sound like they are because your Avionics have stopped working. Two ways I can think that might verify this are:
1. Press CTRL+E (default engine start) as this turns the Avionics Master Switch on as part of the engine start procedure.
2. create a keyboard command for the Avionics Master switch (if not already done), and use it a couple of times to see if it is On or OFF. I use CTRL+SHIFT+A as my keyboard command.

I did a test by starting with the default C172 (cold-n-dark, including the Avionics Master Switch being OFF), and when I loaded the CS767 (v1.5), the Avionics Master Switch must have been turned ON during the loading, because I had the Radio set to receive the ATIS message at the airport I was at, and as soon as I turned on the Master Battery, the ATIS message came up. This didn't happen in v1.4, I would have had to turn my Avionics ON use one of the two methods above.

As for this one: When TCAS switch is switched to TA/RA, it goes to TCAS FAIL on the ND which should've been fixed!!
That is still happening in v1.5, but what I like about it is that if I see that message, I know that is is turned to TA/RA before I line up for takeoff. I use it as a hint (or part of a confirmation of the "before takeoff checklist"), and if I see TCAS TEST, I know it is in standby mode. This applies to v1.4 and v1.5.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

tomwithers

Reply #59 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Un fortunatley it didn't work what you said to do, any more suggestions please  or is it a software 'malfunction'?
Thanks.
P.s Does anyone else experience no T/D and T/C on the ND when plotted a flight and does VNAV work because mine doesn't!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top