Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 Version 1.5 feedback (Read 44429 times)
Morten

Re: Version 1.5 feedback
Reply #30 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Martin C. wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Morten, there is the folllowing entry in "appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml":

Code
Select All
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon> 

As far as I remember, this entry was not there with version 1400. I only discovered it after the upgrade to 1500.

Maybe this entry is missing in your config?

Regards,
Martin

Aha..! Interesting point there, Martin!

However with my old present installed version 1.4, there is no such entry in the dll.xml and no present cs.sound.dll in my CS directory - but cockpit sounds are working fine anyway..so rather odd!!

As this hint of yours is new to me, I obviously didn't check if that dll.xml entry was present there or not with the 1.5. But I noticed, however, the presence of the cs.sound.dll in the CS directory at that time.!!

/Morten

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

hebjp

Reply #31 - Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
I have the another company boxed version but have no eds link on the profile page. Any ideas on what to do?

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #32 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Morten wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:31pm:
Martin C. wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Morten, there is the folllowing entry in "appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml":

Code
Select All
	<Launch.Addon>
		<Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
		<Disabled>False</Disabled>
		<Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
	</Launch.Addon> 

As far as I remember, this entry was not there with version 1400. I only discovered it after the upgrade to 1500.

Maybe this entry is missing in your config?

Regards,
Martin

Aha..! Interesting point there, Martin!

However with my old present installed version 1.4, there is no such entry in the dll.xml and no present cs.sound.dll in my CS directory - but cockpit sounds are working fine anyway..so rather odd!!

As this hint of yours is new to me, I obviously didn't check if that dll.xml entry was present there or not with the 1.5. But I noticed, however, the presence of the cs.sound.dll in the CS directory at that time.!!

/Morten  

My dear Martin

You solved my problem!!!  Smiley Smiley
I reinstalled the 1.5 and noticed the missing code references in the dll.xml file, so I then pasted your entrance code into the xml file.
Bingo, all the cockpit sounds are finally working!
Thanks a lot pall!

But really strange that the CS installer not added this code automatically as it is supposed to do..??   

Today I received answer from CS Support - however nothing new there that could solve my problem - just a standard reference to a knowledge article about how to reinstall  Huh

Gigabyte X58AUD7.OC i7-930@4.2.Mushkin Red Line, PC3-1600 CL6(3x2G).Dell stock HDD640GB,2x320GB Non raid, WD Raptor 300GB (for FSX).2xAssus ATI 5870. 2x Matrox Triple2Go. Win7 Ult, 64 bit. 10 monitors

IP Logged

Martin C.

Reply #33 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Morten wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:37am:
My dear Martin

You solved my problem!!!  Smiley Smiley

Hi Morten,

good to know that this solved your problem.

Regards,
Martin

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #34 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
I think the missing dll.xml edit is caused by a problem with the actual rights the installer runs at and the ones the dll.xml is under. Some folks got the same error on the latest 757 updates. By design, the 757 and 767 do edit the dll.xml, but something seems to prevent this step at some ends.

As some general notes.
1) run the installer with a right click and 'run as administrator',

Edited:
Please make sure to really watch the correct entry of the code you've got with your purchase. If you e. g. have a blank _ at the end, the protection will fail but might still install the plane. So you will wonder 'what was wrong, because the installer ran fine', although it didn't and blocked some gauges for example.

2) turn off any antivirus solution for the time installing the plane,

3) turn off the Windows UAC (http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/),

4) check the rights of the folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and make sure that it doesn't have any read-only tags set on included files and that your SYSTEM and your user account have full rights.

As this sounds rather complicated, one might add, that this isn't a special CS problem but one with a lot of addons. This may not only affect dll.xml edits, but also the installation of gauge files, databases and, therefore, their operation in the sim.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
mbucholski wrote on Nov 25th, 2011 at 3:34pm:
I wish I had that problem. APU sound is unbelievably loud.

Yeah, i wish someone would fix that  Tongue

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #36 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
In Captain_Sim\767\sound you'll find the APU sounds. Move, delete or replace them with other ones (mind the names!). As you like.  Smiley
The same goes for the 757 of course.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Yeah, i guess i can try that. I have another issue - When the landing gear is coming up, i get a repetitive "windows error sound" while the gear is moving inside the plane and no gear up sound. Any ideas, or anyone getting this?

Reinstalling will do nothing.

Thank you.

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #38 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 12:36pm:
I think the missing dll.xml edit is caused by a problem with the actual rights the installer runs at and the ones the dll.xml is under. Some folks got the same error on the latest 757 updates. By design, the 757 and 767 do edit the dll.xml, but something seems to prevent this step at some ends.

As some general notes.
1) run the installer with a right click and 'run as administrator',
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6351/admindz.jpg

2) turn off any antivirus solution for the time installing the plane,

3) turn off the Windows UAC (http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/),

4) check the rights of the folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and make sure that it doesn't have any read-only tags set on included files and that your SYSTEM and your user account have full rights.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4296/rightsf.jpg

As this sounds rather complicated, one might add, that this isn't a special CS problem but one with a lot of addons. This may not only affect dll.xml edits, but also the installation of gauge files and, therefore, their operation in the sim.

Hi CoolP

Thanks for this profound description! - this really deserve to be placed into the CS support database, in order to spare the CS support team and customers from a lot of waisted time!

However, for my part, all the issues you describe here has already been carried out prior to my installation attempts, so therefor not relevant in my case!

All I can say, is that I've never ever had such bad experience with any other installer!
As I noticed through several messages there has been some customers with similar problems during all the many 757 updates, which leads me to the conclusion that CS really ought to bring their installers up to a level similar to their highly sophisticated simulators.
I haven't even flown the 767 yet, because of all these headaching obstacles!
So tonight is the big night, now that problems seems to been solved! Smiley    

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #39 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 26th, 2011 at 1:37pm:
In Captain_Sim\767\sound you'll find the APU sounds. Move, delete or replace them with other ones (mind the names!). As you like.  Smiley
The same goes for the 757 of course.

Wooow, I wasn't aware of that facility..!

Regarding to loudness in general, one should think that there must be a way to put in some other values into one of the cfg/xlm files your self..? Just don't know where and how.. Huh
However, from time to time, when I have similar problems I simply take the files an bring loudness up or down in a sound editor, as ex. Audacity!

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #40 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
You're welcome, Morten.

As said, I see these installer tips all the time at quite some dev houses, so maybe they help some folks on a general basis.
Regarding the sounds, you are correct to point out that you can edit certain volume levels in config files too. So the rather rough approach of mine just disables e. g. the APU but can't help if this or that sound comes in too loud for example.

I usually get rid of the APU sounds and the flap motion ones, which are in the simobjects\aircraft folder. The last ones are defined in the sound.cfg there, so one can either disable them or just define another volume. Just like you've said. The APU and click sounds come from the sound gauge, which acts differently.
So there's plenty of room for guys wanting to tweak their installation.

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #41 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:02am
Print Post  
I had my first actual flight yesterday from Nice to Zürich.
Nice as usual with this wonderful plane, but...hmmm still loads of bugs with sound...some too loud other too low + some annoying "Check landing gear, Check landing gear"!..also some landing light issues and  misplaced wing lights on the VC model, still not corrected with this new version.  Undecided

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #42 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
There was a fix for the 1.4 767 regarding the gear warning. Is it still needed in 1.5? If so, look for these settings in the aircraft.cfg.
Code
Select All
[gear_warning_system]

flap_limit_idle    = 21.0     

If it is at 5, alter it to the higher 21.0 value and see if it helps. I think that's a tip from Mark.

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #43 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks CoolP,
Moved the value to 21.0 and it got rid of the annoying "check landing gear" and now have no warning sound at any flap configuration ( which is OK). Wondering if there is supposed to be a landing gear warning sound at a certain flap setting, perhaps further down the line than 5% which is where the warning was coming in.  Thanks

IP Logged

Morten

Reply #44 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Well, thank you both!

However I noticed this message from Mark another place, which I'm now experimenting with:

Quote:
I find that I only get that warning once the flaps are set at 5 degrees and above AND the throttle levers are at idle.

But. Looking at this part of the aircraft.cfg the throttles need to be 10% or lower:-

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available = 1
pct_throttle_limit =  0.1    
flap_limit_idle    =  5.0    
flap_limit_power   = 37.5

If you change the flap_limit_idle = 5.0 to flap_limit_idle = 20.0 you would get the warning at flaps 20. Backup your aircraft.cfg before modifying.

Note: in pct_throttle_limit 1.0 = 100% (maximum) and 0.1 = 10%

Hope this helps.

Mark

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top