Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Missile requests (Read 12810 times)
ptds

Re: Missile requests
Reply #15 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 12:03am
Print Post  
I have done as much tweaking as I can, I think once people have used it they will no doubt come back with suggestions and modifications to improve the flight model as it is going to be very much dependant on what you want from it. With the realistic settings it could of course fly for hours!
I will put it onto the free liveries web page and have added a 'read me' to explain what can be changed to suit individual preference.
Perhaps when people have had a play with it they could share what works best for them.........
I have also added a small .txt file containing just the new code for the AGM-86 so this can be added to an existing .xml file so you keep your existing settings, it will also be easy to see what parameters are set and can be changed if you want to modify parameters.

launch3.jpg (Attachment deleted)

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #16 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Pete, this is great. I can't wait to test it so I can try to bring a constructive opinion.

Johan

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #17 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Johan wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 4:51am:
Pete, this is great. I can't wait to test it so I can try to bring a constructive opinion.

Johan
Are you sure you don't mean a destructive opinion? After all, you will be destroying things!

I'm just kidding Johan. Wink

@Pete. It looks really good. Smiley

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #18 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Mark, you are right about the "destructive" nature underlying in my previous quote Smiley

Pete is very talented. I am using all of his missiles. We need to buy him a new plane though Smiley

Johan

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Johan wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:54pm:
Pete is very talented. I am using all of his missiles. We need to buy him a new plane though Smiley

And take him away from his favorite airplane. You're game! Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #20 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 1:31am
Print Post  
Pete,

Thank you so much!
Here are a few pictures with a launch from a B1-B. To take these, I acquired an airborne target, not too far from the plane. I am not sure how to acquire a ground target several miles away for instance. Maybe Mark knows better, but aren't we limited by the CSW radar range?
I will keep experimenting, it is fun.
Great work,

Johan

alcm1a.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #21 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Another one.

ALCM2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #22 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Last one.

ALCM3.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #23 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
I've been able to shoot ground targets from quite a distance away. I don't know the exact range but some of my Air to Ground missiles have race off into the distance to take out a target I didn't even know was there. I thought that a missiles range determined how far away you could strike a target. I thought I saw it in the CSWeapon.xml somewhere, when I was trying to increase the range of a canon (M102, 105mm Howitzer) for the AC-130 Spectre Gunship. Maybe Pete can confirm that.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #24 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Johan, Mark,

They look the real deal with the B1-1. 'I think I'm going to need a bigger plane'!.

Thanks for the positive remarks, I was a bit worried by how this one would be received as I know it will need some tweaking by the end user. I am always very aware that some people dont like playing with .xml files and so try to give something that is useable.

In terms of the range I think it is determined by the range setting dial to detect a target and then you only get 'lock on' if it is within the range capability of the weapon. I was certainly getting a lock on of targets that were 60 - 70 miles away. Once fired I could try and chase the missile (I can do that in my little jet!  Grin Grin) as it is quite slow, but did eventually lose it before it hit the target.

I am glad you are enjoying it anyway. I have been asked to do some more ALCM's, and so I will give them a go now I know you are happy with these ones. Dont forget to publish any tweaks or adjustments you find that improve things.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #25 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Pete,

I am having lots of fun with your new "toy" Smiley
Is there an easy way to make the smoke trail last longer so you can chase the missile up to the target? If it is just a tweak in the .xml file, I can do it. If it is in the simobject item, then I am not trying...
Thank you.

Johan

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #26 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Johan,

It's not part of the model. I think it is in the 'effects' file, I did have a look in the effects file last night as I was trying to make the smoke black rather than white. I have not yet mastered the effects file myself just yet so I can offer no more help beyond pointing you there.

The missile is referenced to missile wake 2 or something similar (away from my home PC at the moment, so unsure of exact name, but you will see it in the .xml file). If you have a look in there it may be obvious.

Do let me know if you find it, I will have a look tonight as well just for future reference.

Glad you are still enjoying it.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #27 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:22am:
The missile is referenced to missile wake 2 or something similar (away from my home PC at the moment, so unsure of exact name, but you will see it in the .xml file). If you have a look in there it may be obvious.

Pete

You are right Pete, the effect is "csweapon_rocket_wake2".
So it would be something that CS would have to modify I guess.
Thanks for the tip.
I will PM you over the weekend, I have another question for you.

Johan

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #28 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Johan,

You can modify the effects files if you know how (not had cause to play in these as yet, I did have a quick play last night to try and change the smoke to black but it didn't work). If you copy csweapon_rocket_wake2 and call it csweapon_rocket_wake3. Then make any changes you want in wake 3, then just change the name in the .xml file to look at wake 3 instead of wake 2, that way you keep wake 2 in tact incase you mess up. If you do achieve what you want in wake 3 then leave it and use it again.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Johan

Reply #29 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:49pm:
Johan,

You can modify the effects files if you know how (not had cause to play in these as yet, I did have a quick play last night to try and change the smoke to black but it didn't work). If you copy csweapon_rocket_wake2 and call it csweapon_rocket_wake3. Then make any changes you want in wake 3, then just change the name in the .xml file to look at wake 3 instead of wake 2, that way you keep wake 2 in tact incase you mess up. If you do achieve what you want in wake 3 then leave it and use it again.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I will try this out over the weekend.

Johan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top