Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Use without HUD (Read 5899 times)
ApacheHunter

Use without HUD
Mar 20th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Is it also possible to use Weapon without its HUD? For example, the another company F-16 has a perfect HUD and I'd really like to use Captain Sim's Weapon with this bird. Wink

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Re: Use without HUD
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 12:20am
Print Post  

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
If you're asking what I think you are, download the SDK pdf file from Captain Sim. It has instructions for adding weapon into HUDs already present in aircraft. Basically, it shows you how to do what they did to the Hornet.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

ApacheHunter

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Thanks for your replies.
I already took a look into that topic, but it seems to me that it's quite a hassle to get the HUD working in the another company F-16 and that it's still not working perfectly at all. Besides that, the another company F-16 has it's own, perfectly fitting, unique HUD. I don't want to lose that, as it's part of the software I paid for at another company and it works good.

The real question here is: is it possible to use Captain Sim Weapon without the HUD that comes with it?

By the way, I noticed people who try to use Weapon with old warbirds, like the spitfire. It isn't actually realistic at all to install the CS HUD into those aircraft, so I guess it should be possible to use Weapon without its HUD?

IP Logged

HvyEng

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Yes, it absolutely is. I rarely use the CS HUD. Just use the CS weapons popup to arm and the select desired weapon, while you are there, match the radar range setting to your AS range setting. Guns will work fine and the default settings are actually close to the AS reticule. For missiles it will be a hit or miss issue, the CS IR tone is still INOP for some reason, but the Radar lock will basically track whatever is in the nose cone. Use the AS procedure for target lock and acquisition, and when you get the red locked indication and are in the target acquisition cone, squeeze the trigger. as long as you don't have multiple targets in the cone the CS missiles should track the correct one.

BTW, the AS HUD is collimated incorrectly. It is too low, but AS hid their alignment code so you can't correct it. The CS is collimated correctly with the screen center point, so if you try to overlay CS on AS, you end up with an odd targeting parallax.

--Dan

IP Logged

ApacheHunter

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your reply! I'll give it a try in the weekend. Could you maybe tell me which modifications you made to get Weapon to work with the AS F-16? Smiley

IP Logged

HvyEng

Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Just do a normal install per the instructions, just make sure you have a CSweapon.xml file in each aircraft folder. I will be updating the hardpoint database soon with both F-16s. The nice thing about a multi-folder setup is you can easily customize each xml file for the load out model.

--Dan

IP Logged

Misha

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 1:41am
Print Post  
This is old discussion back from March and probably most of people are already aware of it, anyway for sake anyone new (as me) who wondered to this thread and wonders, as of August 2011 tones do work properly as described in manual. There is version 1.01 fixing sounds problem (stuck guns, no missle lock tone) which can be obtaind only by submiting ticket to CaptainSim Support.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Thanks Misha. I think we might need to ask Captain Sim to add a small topic at the top of this forum that informs users that they can obtain v1.01 by submitting a ticket.

I'm pleased that you now have Weapon for FSX working properly for you. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top