Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.3 bug list    got some comments? (Read 20339 times)
CoolP

Post 1.3 bug list    got some comments?
Mar 8th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Hi, guys. I'm just trying to collect some remaining items on the 707 which are still present in the 1.3 version of the Lady.
As some items from the 1.2 list got fixed (thanks for that), I had to redo the list. Thanks for your help on the old one.  Smiley (which can be found here http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1287684648)

The purpose of this list is to show the remaining bugs with a description and a screenshot. Followed by a text of how it should be.
To discuss the item and to check whether it is user driven or an across-the-board lack of function in the 1.3 707 is the last step then.

After this verification, tickets have to be written to make sure the items can be processed through the Captain Sim Support.
Naming things in this thread alone does not help.
Every verified item has to be set up as a ticket via  Your Profile > Customer Support  > Trouble Ticket System.

This list isn't intended to show clear user related problems like "I can't start the engines" or "how do I get external power?" or system dependent ones (like the flashing textures).

1. Pressurization System
- the Cabin Alt readings are wrong (or the cabin isn't pressurized, which is most likely the case) and climb with the aircraft Alt

See the small needle of the No. 10 instrument? It should show the current cabin Alt while the big needle should read the differential pressure between cabin and aircraft outside in PSI.
The small needle follows the aircraft Alt which explains why the Oxygen System is still triggered above 14.000ft cabin Alt.

The big needle should read a differential pressure but has to be wrong if the cabin climbs with the aircraft Alt (same vaules). The differential pressure would then be 0.

- The Overhead Oxygen warnings (on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel") still come up which can only be explained by a not pressurized cabin.

- You then lose pressure in the oxygen cylinders as seen on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel" at the engineer's station. Same explanation, the cabin doesn't get pressurized.

So the Oxygen system seems to work correctly while the cabin doesn't get pressurized and therefor triggers the warnings and countermeasures above 14.000ft fyling altitude.

2. The "Coolant Air System Panel" is mixed up with the readings of the "Valve Position Indicator" and "Valve Selector Switch" or the "Turbofan Exit Valve Override Switches".

Talking about this panel

Now, lets look at the pictures that show those mixed up things.
Here you can see the "Turbofan Exit" position of that Switch. Although I set up one exit to be fully open and the other one to be fully closed, the readings show a "half open" (or "half closed" but we should think positive here) on both sides.
So the switches aren't operational it seems.

Now I switched to the "Temp Control" position and made no other changes and you can see, now we have those commanded "open" and "close" readings, but .. you can't command the temp control valves there because they are controlled on another panel concerning the cabin temp and such things.

There are some possibilities now.
The readings might be bound to the wrong switch position, the Valve Override Switches might control the wrong valves (they should influence the Turbofan Exits of course) or the "Valve Selector Switch" (optically) shows one position but is bound to another (internally).

3. The 10.000ft pointer of the standby altimeter isn't operational above 20.000ft. The manuals describe this pointer as one for the runway height, which seems to be wrong. It just points the 10.000ft steps of your current altitude.

So it should work like this (it only does below 20.000ft) - description made by Lou.

while the manuals describe this

4. Reversers can be operated without any power or pressure on the plane.

5. The new ACE Load Manager runs into trouble with metric values.
I've loaded one ULD and I can enter all kind of numbers in the ULD weight window, the overall weight always looks strange.
For example, enter 100kg per ULD and load one, you will get 20kg overall weight of the payload.

Pounds look ok though, giving you the numbers you've entered per ULD.

The Freighter also gets huge weights when you just switch the ACE to "kg". The values which described the weight in Pounds don't get changed then and just appear as kg now, more than doubling the weight then when you just click "save".

6. The Takeoff Warning System can't be triggered.
See the last sentence on this picture for details.

7. The gear warning horn doesn't come on, only the light does.
See item #2 here.

8. The fuel dumping systems only drains one side at a time, giving you a highly imbalanced plane then. Also, the dumping order is backwards since the Center Tank would be emptied first, than the 1-4 mains. See Reply #7 for details.

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Post 1.3 bug list - to be completed
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Does anyone get the marker sounds to come up?
Edited:
They are working, thanks for the feedback.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Yes!!
Ron

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Ron.
Short questions lead to short answers, huh?  Tongue

I'll have to check my sounds, maybe I'm to busy on the approach, so I don't listen.  Undecided
Edited:
Found them, so they are working, like Ron said. Have to get my ears checked.

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
My fuel dump works fine.

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Ah, seems like we're collecting the guys with the short statements now.  Tongue Just kidding.

Pete, how do you achieve the equally dumping fuel on the plane? What's your setup there?
Currently, I only saw reports about one side getting dumped while the other half of the plane stays full, leading to a big imbalance.
So what's your secret there? Thanks for your input.

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Re: Post 1.3 bug list    got some comments?
Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Ok, the fuel dump goes like this, left reserve tank, right reserve tank, left tank, right tank,centre.

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks for answering, Pete.

I'm running onto two problems when talking about the current fuel dump procedure.
First, I think that the Center Tank has to be the first one to get emptied, just because it's the last one to be filled. Later on, the 2&3 mains have to follow, until they've reached a certain level where their fuel equals the amount of the outer 1&4 + Reserve.
That's the schedule you have to follow when just burning fuel on the 707. Why alter it when dumping?

Second, the unequal dumping produces large imbalances. Look at the gauges. If Tank 1 goes empty while Tank 4 stays full (this currently happens), you'll get 15.000 lbs of imbalance.
Later, when Tank 2 goes down and Tank 3 stays full, you'll earn 27.000 lbs. That's over 12 tons!

Also, since the plane is meant to feed its engines from Tanks 1,2,3,4 (=Mains) until the end of the flight, this dumping might lead to starving engines, because the current process gives you a full Center Tank but empty mains and wings.

Here are some docs where the fuel setup for burning fuel and also for filling your tanks is described. All of them show the importance of no imbalance and also the one of the main tanks, which are 1-4.

Still convinced that the fuel dump works as intended?  Smiley

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #8 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
I don't have my old books any more, but I believe you dumped fuel the same way you burned it. This was for CG limits.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #9 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
I'd say so too, although my experience doesn't even come close to yours of course.

I've searched the AOM for the dumping process and this is what came up there. Looks like a very equalized operation, leading to a fuel loss like it would happen when just burning it.
One would have to make sure to open the Center Tank valves first to allow this huge reservoir of fuel to get empty first.
Later, Tank 1,2,3,4 can be opened and would run down at the same rate, like on engine operation. Reserve Tanks, as seen in the marked text, can't be dumped at all.

Currently, the Reserve tanks run down first.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #10 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
The reserve tanks could only be drained into the respective #1 or #4 main tank only when there was enough room in the main tank to drain the reserve into it. The reserve tanks just used gravity to drain into their main tanks. Even though they were not large tanks, they were out on the end of the wings and for CG and structural reasons had to be handled as per the burn schedule. Smiley

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Here's another drawing, so everybody can see what we're talking about.

Any comments on the remaining items? Do we agree that e. g. the working pressurization would be a huge step into the right direction?

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
CoolP,

I have flown the "new" 707 and the stand-by altimeter 10K needle does not seem to move at all. I did not go to high altitude, just flew around shooting ILS's.

Lou

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Agreed, Lou. After the "runway height" measurement and the operation until 20.000ft until version 1.2, we now have a dead needle in 1.3.  Sad

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
10. The DME readout fails on the second digit

Try to set up a station with more than 100nm distance and look after the second digit (showing ten nm). Stays "0" all the time.  Sad

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top