Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21  Send TopicPrint
 25 USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD (Read 238469 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD
Reply #285 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 8:01am
Print Post  
dc10boy wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 5:44am:
Thanks for looking Mark,I'm stumped.Is there any way you could attach your P-51 weapon.xml file even if incomplete so I could try it and see if anything changes?I planning to start fine tuning locations this week.
Stan

Unfortunately not. I was looking for it so I could check it out, maybe even finish it, but I can't find it. I suspect that I did my usual trick of uninstalling addons, then deleting any files & folders that remain behind, and that means I deleted the mod.

I will continue to search through all my HDD's for it, but I don't expect to find it. Sad

Edited:
I will start it again and see how it goes. I'm going to use the CSWeapon.xml from my A2A WoP3 Spitfire mod as the base to start it with (or at least as a guide). Cheesy Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dc10boy

Reply #286 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Sounds good Mark,If you send it my way afterwards I'll try to adapt it to the Vertigo Hellcat, and I'm still messing with the AF Corsair.Unfortunately, when I add Weapon to the Corsair I lost the R.P.M. and manifold pressure gauges, as well as the gunsight.I can't figure out why and I'm struggling to find a workaround.Mark Schimmers 1943 Solomon Island scenery at Sim-outhouse is an ideal place to use these guns!
Stan

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #287 - Aug 26th, 2014 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Here is a thought that might work... I guess you lose the gauges & aimpoint cause they are being hidden by the CS glass (used by 2D CS HUD ). Something similar that Dutch was reffering to at the post for another company's F-16.
Since there are 3 panels added by CS weapon (3D, 2D & glass) in panel.csweapon folder .xml & you don't need the 2D HUD for aiming, maybe you should try to delete the line reffering to  CS Glass and/or the 2D HUDalso... It may work, since another user told me that this way he fitted the HUD in a cockpits screen panel... Which by the way may serve as a good "MFD" type solution...

IP Logged

dc10boy

Reply #288 - Aug 26th, 2014 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Cheesy AHA I got it! When the Corsair is armed in Captain Sim's Weapon,copy the AF_F4U folder from the panel folder into the newly created panel.csweapon folder.This AF_F4U folder contains gauge info.Then, all will work well and is a great addition to this fine acft.
Stan

IP Logged

dc10boy

Reply #289 - Aug 27th, 2014 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Is there any kind of utility for finding exact gun coordinates on different models?Or is trial and error the only way?

IP Logged

Victory103

Reply #290 - Aug 27th, 2014 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Based on other threads, I think that is the only way. I'm adding weps to the freeware F4U-7 and started with Markoz Spit cfg, although I need to change out the type of gun and wing locations, plan was trial by "fire" until I get them close and converging as well.

ARMY PROPS
DUSTOFF
USN SOML

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #291 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 1:41am
Print Post  
I just move them by making the changes.

BIG steps, then LITTLE steps, then TINY steps.

BIG steps shows me the direction/angle that each change makes.
LITTLE steps move it closer to where I want/need them to be.
TINY steps are used to perfect the changes.

For me, it's all trial and error until I get it done. Undecided

Note. If you ever find "any kind of utility for finding exact gun coordinates", let me know! It would be a great help with modding Weapon for FSX to each different aircraft. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #292 - Aug 28th, 2014 at 9:20pm
Print Post  

For using Dinno Catanneo's F-14D default HUD for aiming & shooting the
CS Weapons, you may do the following :

1. From plane's "Panel" folder, copy & paste all folders & files except "PANEL.CFG" in "panel.csweapon" folder

2. For aligning 2D CS HUD aimpoint with default F-14D HUD aimpoint, use the following parameters in weapons .xml :

<Weapon>
           <Gun>M61 Vulcan</Gun>
           <Shell>Vulcan Bullet</Shell>
           <Unlimited>0</Unlimited>
           <Station name="Nose" params="0,9,0,0,-0.000,0,1200" />
           <Mode name="AUTO" shotrate="100" setshots="0" sequence="1" skipFrm="0" />
           <Mode name="X10" shotrate="100" setshots="100" sequence="1" skipFrm="0" />
           <DefaultMode>AUTO</DefaultMode>
       </Weapon>

Changing with "-0.000" at all weapons you use accordingly.

3. For the Gun Aimpoint to show up at F-14's HUD, press "SMS" in MFD screen & then the other button as in video (2nd button from left top - don't remember name...)

Another way of course, is just to turn off default F-14 HUD from the HUD switch at right panel (3nd switch down) & with shift + 3 to turn 2D CS HUD on with screen centered...

IP Logged

Textbooktam

Reply #293 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Hi lads
I've just purchased the weapons pack but when I tried to download the sdk from the page i was prompted to it was just the pdf that I got. Where do I download the actual SDK from as I desperately want to attatch weapons to my Razbam a7 corsair & others.

Also I really am not a computer expert & didn't realise there would be so much adjustment required in the aircraft files & config to get it to work properly with third party add ons which is quite disappointing because I never fly f18 as i detest the thing & only fly aircraft I like not the ones forced on me by developers that seem to only focus on that particular aircraft.

So I guess my question is 2 fold;

Where is the actual SDK & do I have any realistic chance of getting this product to work on aircraft that I want to fly?

I sure hope so as I've seen youtube vids & it seems to work fine on the TP aircraft displayed there but as I said it'll not be much use to me if I require a phd in computer software developement to make it work on the aircraft I'd like to use it on!

Please excuse my ignorance in any area concerning this as I am a newb really & I'm sure I'll have overlooked something or things Smiley

Thanks for listening guys & any help at all is greatly appreciated

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #294 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Hi.

1. I don't think there is actually some SDK that you can download but maybe I'm wrong. The PDF you are reffering to, has all the info you need to configure CS Weapon for third party planes. With this I mean, how you can fit the CS 3D Colimated HUD to third party aircraft.
It's a lot of work (needs many - many tests until accomplished) but If you care enough for some particular plane, it may worth the effort.

Good news for you are, that Razbam's A-7 HUD is already "made" from another user & you may download it from CS Liveries (Site, not forum). There you may find many interesting things also, like weapons, missions, etc.

2. You cannot attach weapons to any aircraft. Weapons will only show up at the moment they are triggered. For planes (like A-7) that have external weapon loadouts (by the plane developer I mean), you can use this for the "effect" & immersion.

3. Since fitting the colimated HUD in a 3d party plane, is really a lot of work, I preffer to adjust the aimpoint at plane's croshair point (if there is one of course). At the same time, this is much more realistic & immersive than having the F-14 or F-4 for example with an F-15 HUD (the CS 3D HUD is "F-15ish") and much too easier (needs very few tests to accomplish the right spot).

Finally, you always have the option to turn on/off the 2D HUD with your screen centered (& without moving your view of course, concentrating on target...)

IP Logged

zsoltfireman

Reply #295 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
hello,

Available the Milviz Phantom CSWeapon.xml file?

Thank you!

Zsolt

IP Logged

Textbooktam

Reply #296 - Oct 14th, 2014 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Xpel wrote on Oct 14th, 2014 at 1:34pm:
Hi.

1. I don't think there is actually some SDK that you can download but maybe I'm wrong. The PDF you are reffering to, has all the info you need to configure CS Weapon for third party planes. With this I mean, how you can fit the CS 3D Colimated HUD to third party aircraft.
It's a lot of work (needs many - many tests until accomplished) but If you care enough for some particular plane, it may worth the effort.

Good news for you are, that Razbam's A-7 HUD is already "made" from another user & you may download it from CS Liveries (Site, not forum). There you may find many interesting things also, like weapons, missions, etc.

2. You cannot attach weapons to any aircraft. Weapons will only show up at the moment they are triggered. For planes (like A-7) that have external weapon loadouts (by the plane developer I mean), you can use this for the "effect" & immersion.

3. Since fitting the colimated HUD in a 3d party plane, is really a lot of work, I preffer to adjust the aimpoint at plane's croshair point (if there is one of course). At the same time, this is much more realistic & immersive than having the F-14 or F-4 for example with an F-15 HUD (the CS 3D HUD is "F-15ish") and much too easier (needs very few tests to accomplish the right spot).

Finally, you always have the option to turn on/off the 2D HUD with your screen centered (& without moving your view of course, concentrating on target...)

Thanks for the speedy reply mate Smiley

Cant seem to find the liveries section on the Captainsim site that you refer to Sad
Yeah I care enough to learn to do it because for me immersion is everything & I think this weapons pack is the best for that in an overall sense as I will never fly an f18 Smiley  I live to fly those classic missions over Vietnam & Korea in my Corsair, Skyhawk, F86, Mig15 etc.
I think you are right about retaining the aircrafts own HUD for realisms sake so I`d be interested in learning to do that for some of my models but my main aim is to get it working on my Corsair so any help at all will be greatly appreciated my friend.

kind regards  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #297 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
There is no actual SDK, only the SDK.pdf!  Personally, I wouldn't have named it CSWeapon_SDK.pdf, but would have named it a guide on to how to modify the CSWeapon XML file for use with other aircraft addons, and 3D HUD integration. But it's all that there is in the way of an SDK. Wink

You use the CSWeapon_SDK.pdf to help you modify the CSWeapon.xml for the aircraft that it's been added to, that's all you need to do. Adding the 3D Hud into an addon aircraft is the hardest thing to do IMHO (well it certainly is for me), while figuring out the XYZ for the location of the weapons on the aircraft, and the Pitch, Yaw & Bank of the shooting is a good challenge. Once you master all that, it isn't too bad to do. Grin

It's been quite a while since I did any modding of the CSWeapon.xml, so I'll have to relearn how it all works. Sad

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #298 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Of course .xml is available. I'll post all the info you need later on the day
after come back from work.
Since then and as it happens for me to work on a Vietnam Mission (bombing of Thanh Hoa Bridge. 10/6/1972) right now for A-7 & F-4, some eye candy :

Wink

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #299 - Oct 15th, 2014 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
@zsoltfireman

The value that you need from .xml is the following in bold (0.0525) :

Quote:
 <Weapon>
           <Gun>Hydra 70</Gun>
           <Shell>Hydra 70</Shell>
           <Unlimited>1</Unlimited>
           <Station name="LeftWingOuter" params="-5,0,0,0,0.0525,0,7" />
           <Station name="LeftWingInner" params="-2,0,0,0,0.0525,0,7" />
           <Station name="RightWingInner" params="2,0,0,0,0.0525,0,7" />
           <Station name="RightWingOuter" params="5,0,0,0,0.0525,0,7" />
           <Mode name="AUTO" setshots="0" shotrate="7" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0" />
           <Mode name="X4" setshots="4" shotrate="7" sequence="1,2,3,4" reset="0" />
           <DefaultMode>X4</DefaultMode>
       </Weapon>

Generally speaking, this value defines how much upwards any "gun" aims. For rockets & vulcan in F-4E, this configuration convergence is about 800m away. Use the same value for missiles (they will lock when target centered at croshair.). Above configuration represents 4 rocket pods on board with 7 rockets each (realistic). Selected mode (X4) fires 4 rockets each time you push trigger. Another realistic configuration derives by changing #7 to #19 (with 4 or 2 rocket pods).

Also be sure (test) if your CS weapon is calibrated ok (with ctrl+shift+9 in 2D cockpit - F10 to enter. For F-4 configuration is enough for the 2 circles to have the same size, ie even if they don't fit to each other. Entering afterwards VC cockpit & testing with ctrl+shift+9 , they fit allright.)

For RAZBAM's T-2D/E the same value is : -0.0079 for guns/rockets, -0.000 for missiles.

@Textbooktam

Log in to Captain Sim site & go to link "Check in". Provide required info & then select "CS Weapon". Then select "Liveries". Last page of liveries for A-7 HUD.

PROCEDURE for Centering Weapons to a Default plane Aimpoint :

1. Spawn with the plane at an airstrip with center line. Go in Slew mode ("Y"). Take some height
(F3 or F4) and decline forward the plane with Aimpoint aiming at the desired spot. That means, how far on the runway & at which point on it, you want the gun or rockets to converge (DECLINE plane with mouse wheel).

2. Shoot the gun or rockets & notice if the impact point is closer or more away from the desired.
Here are the tests starting : Change the value mentioned above with different values for each one of the 4 rockets (FSX IS closed when changing .xml ! Restart FSX & test). The rocket that strikes closer to desired aimpoint leads to the direction of the desired value, increase or decrease accordingly & retest... Rockets & gun usually use the same value (but you may want a different convergence for each one...)

3. To fit missile seaker at planes aimpoint, with screen centered, hit shift+F3 & open 2d HUD. By changing the same value as above, you may move the 2D HUD missile "aim lock" at the position of plane's default croshair. Do some tests as above & you'll get it precisely...

other .xml customization
DECREASING AIM9s ACCURACY :

By changing these 2 values below, you'll have to get more properly at six of target plane (better angle) :

[quote]      <TurnRate>0.4</TurnRate>
               <!-- missiles only: maximum turn rate. Radians -->
               <SteerDelay>1.0</SteerDelay>
               <!-- missiles only: initial acceleration time before self-homing begins. Seconds --> [quote]

If you notice in .xml. AIM7 has a value of 0.2 turn rate (& misses targets that turn rapidly or bad shooting angle). Also you may increae a bit Steer delay value, say 1.5, so that for 1.5 sec missile will fly straight before starting to turn for target, thus inreasing initial angle between missile & target at the firing moment...

Hope these help...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top