Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
 25 USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD (Read 238633 times)
isidro.daniel

Re: USE WITH THIRD-PARTY AIRCRAFT - THE ONLY THREAD
Reply #150 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Hi again!!!

So, after start more or less with the left foot, I think I'm starting to catch it!!!
First before star playing around more with the F16, I started tot study more in detail the model given by the package, in my case the F18.
So for start tried to activate the bombs and after some frustrating ours screwing around with the bomb launcher code finally read something regarding the code not being correct or activated or whatever...
Frustrated looked for some alternative solution and found that someone add already bypassed by "fulling the system" using the machine gun to drop bombs on the B52!! Cool, used his code and I started to drop bombs on my F18 like a crazy Mad Dog!!!  Cheesy
After after cahnged the code to use them as guided as someone sugest and worked fine after a few hours of testing!!
Well but I was not satisfied and think to my self... what about build my very own weapon? Ok Reading here, reding there, and voila!! I noticed from the generous colletion of wepons for me one very important was missing... The mighty AGM-54 Phoenix!!!!
Ok search on the net for some images of dimensions and paint schemes... then how to do it??!! I was thinking on using GMAX... but why to use the A bomb to kill the small ant?!! Google Skecthup should be ok!!  
After the 3d model done how to make it FSX compatible? More internet search... and the answer was ModelConverterX Very nice software I must say...
After crating the texture file as DDS and MDL file I was ready to test the model on FSX!
Ok pick up de code from AGM 88 so after take off turn back and soot some targets on the gorund just to see if the model was ok instead of looking for tatrgets in the air... As soon I got tone!! Fire in the Hole!!! But.... wait a minute the missile was leaving the aircraft 90º sideways!!!! Huh
Ok no prblem!! just save the model in skecthup rotated 90º backwards.
But then the flame was not aligned with the missile rear, this one I did not figure out how to correctly adjust so after half hour of trail and error I was able to do it make it right!! (apriciate some one could explain me how make the origin point in Google Skecthup to match with ModelConverterX origin if possible!!) So after this I was able to fire some rounds and have 5 minuts of fun!! Now time to go to slip!!!
In attached is my F18 firing one AGM 54 Phoenix against parked airplane in Tancos AFB in Portugal!! later will transform it to an Air to Air missile to make it more realistic... tomorrow will post more pics and the missile model so every one can use it and have fun with it!!

Chears...

Daniel Isidro

AGM_54_alinhado_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Rickda

another company F16 - CS Weapon  does not work with
Reply #151 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
hi and hello ... can anyone here please tell me how to make CS weapon work with rhe another company F16 ??? i installed the program into FSX Folder - Used the Loader.exe to install the weapons into all F16 Aircrafts... i checked that CSWeaponXML is in all F16 Aircraft folders ... But it does not work - the loader does not show up neather there is a sign of "armed" in the thumbnail of any F16 plane ..... ?????!!!!!

Please help ... rick  Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: another company F16 - CS Weapon  does not work with
Reply #152 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Hi Rick.

If you are using Vista or Windows 7, try running the Weapon for FSX LOADER as an administrator.

To do that Right Mouse click on the Loader, and select Run as administrator from the list that pops up.

To make it so that it will always be run with administrative rights, Right Mouse click on the Loader, select properties, select the compatibility tab, and checkmark the Run this program as an administrator. From then on it will be able to make the changes required for it to work.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #153 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 2:15am
Print Post  
Has anyone successfully installed CS Weapons on the Iris A-10 Warthog?  I did the standard installation but the weapons panel did not appear.  I made modifications to the panel files that I did for other 3rd party installations and that worked successfully, but those changes did not work for the A-10.  I would appreciate detailed instructions if anyone has done the changes.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #154 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Trailboss wrote on Dec 5th, 2011 at 2:15am:
Has anyone successfully installed CS Weapons on the Iris A-10 Warthog?  I did the standard installation but the weapons panel did not appear.  I made modifications to the panel files that I did for other 3rd party installations and that worked successfully, but those changes did not work for the A-10.  I would appreciate detailed instructions if anyone has done the changes.

One thing that you need to know about the Iris A-10 Warthog is that the panel.cfg in all except the CLEAN model (IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL) have their panels aliased to the CLEAN model. Like so:

[fltsim]
alias=\IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL\Panel

So here is what I did to get it working in them all.

(1) I used the Weapon Loader to add Weapon to the IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL model. It must be that one because it is the model that has the gauges for all of the IRIS A-10 Warthogs!
    (2) I copied the panel.csweapon and the CSWeapon.xml in the IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL folder and pasted it into the IRIS A10 Warthog  - CAS folder.
    (3) Then I edited the panel.cfg IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL\panel.csweapon folder:

The gauge lines in the panel.csweapon panel.cfg need to be changed from this:
      gauge00=..\panel\A10-HUD!A10-HUD,            6,6,500,500
      to this:
      gauge00=..\..\IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL\panel\A10-HUD!A10-HUD,            6,6,500,500

The way I did it was using notepad and CTRL+H (replace).

Find what: =..\panel\
      Replace with:=..\..\IRIS A-10A Warthog - CL\panel\

I do not recommend you select the replace all button just in case it changes one that doesn't need doing. Fortunately, there are not a lot to go through. I counted only 38 lines.

Save your modified panel.cfg.

(4) Open the aircraft.cfg and change all the lines that look like this: panel= and replace it with panel=csweapon - BACKUP the aircraft.cfg files BEFORE you modify them!

Now go and test it by starting FSX, select the A-10A Thunderbolt II CLOSE AIR SUPPORT - ED #649 IRIS Test and Evaluation Squadron, Edwards AFB, CA (it should be the first of the A-10 Warthogs).

(5) If it is working, copy the panel.csweapon and CSWeapon.xml and paste them in the remain IRIS A-10 model folders and edit the Aircraft.cfg for the other models and you can then use Cs Weapon for FSX in all the A-10 models.

One other nice thing is that when you use the Weapon Loader and select the other A-10 Warthogs, Loader will tell you that it is installed on them all. Smiley

And if doing all of that is sounds too hard, I'll zip it up and upload it to the Weapon for FSX mods! I might do that anyway.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Edit. I've attached a pic to show it works. I'm using the A-10A Thunderbolt II CLOSE AIR SUPPORT - ED #649 IRIS Test and Evaluation Squadron, Edwards AFB, CA Wink

IrisA-10Warthog_CSWeapon.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #155 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Mark,
This is great, thanks for taking the time to walk me through the procedure, I'll get it done today.  I really like the Warthog with it's bombing capability but was frustrated to not have guns and missles that are such important elements of the armament.
Thanks again!
Jim C

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #156 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
All that's missing from Weapon for FSX, is the ability to drop bombs.

I'm going to have a go at replacing the Warthog HUD with the Weapon HUD. If you're interested, I'll post how to do it if I can.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #157 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Definitely interested, Mark, thanks for the headsup.

Jim C

IP Logged

Trailboss

Reply #158 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Mark,
As usual your instructions for adding CS Weapons to the Warthog worked like a champ.  So far I've only done the Strike Mission version because I can also have the IRIS Mk-82 bomb animation with the Weapons. I strike fear in the hearts of enemies everywhere.

Jim C

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #159 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
You're welcome Jim.

I try to be precice when giving instruction, sometime s I think I even give extra info that could be figured out by some, but others may not have a clue. I actually redid adding the Weapon for FSX to the IRIS A-10 for writing everything I did to get it working. If I hadn't done that, I would have forgotten (which I almost did) the important part where you change panel= to panel=csweapon.

Don't worry about the fact that I did that. I do it all the time so that my instructions are correct. It's just the way I am. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

FSXJunkie

Reply #160 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
RebelUFO wrote on Mar 10th, 2011 at 7:31pm:
That looks good to me. CS Weapon VC Hud3d in the Acceleration F/A-18.

[Snip]

Can anyone test this? And let me know, my landing gear has a fix so my contact points are different from stock. But I don't think it matters.

I have a problem where the VC hud just shows...

WH
FI

On the right side edge of the HUD (obviously the rest of the text is cut off)

IP Logged

Cerberus

No AI, No Effects.
Reply #161 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
I have two problems.
1.) I have no military AI. I don't know what to do. I can't find anything online. The manual provides no help.
2.) If I shoot a missile, I see no smoke or fire. Just the missile. Likewise, if I shoot down a plane, I also see no smoke or fire. It just falls towards the ground.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: No AI, No Effects.
Reply #162 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
You need to fly certain areas to see the allied and enemy aircraft hat come with Weapon for FSX. Those locations are:

1) EDDC (Dresden GERMANY) - EDDI (Berlin GERMANY) - EDAC (Nobitz GERMANY)
2) EGJJ (Jersey UK) - EGHH (Bournemouth UK) - LFRC (Cherbourg FRANCE)
3) LDDU (Dubrovnik CROATIA) - LJLJ (Ljubljana SLOVENIA) - BKPR (Pristina SERBIA)
4) LTBG (Balikesir TURKEY) - OIIG (Tehran IRAN) - EFHF (Helsinki FINLAND)
5) OAKN (Kandahar AFGHANISTAN) - UTDD (DushanbE TAJIKISTAN) - OAKB (Kabul AFGHANISTAN)
6) OLBA (Beirut LEBANON) - HEPS (Port Said EGYPT) - LLJR (Jerusalem ISRAEL) - LVGZ (Gaza PALESTINE)
7) RKPC (Jeju KOREA) - RKSI (Incheon KOREA) - ZKPY (Pyonyang NTH KOREA)
8) SVCS (Charallave VENEZUELA) - UKBB (Kyiv UKRAINE)
9) UMKK (Kaliningrad RUSSIA) - UMMG (Grodno BELARUS) - UMBB (Brest BELARUS)
10) VVNB (Hanoi VIETNAM) - VVTS (Saigon VIETNAM) - VVDN (Danang VIET NAM)
11) ZUUU (Chengdu CHINA) - UHWW (Vladivostok RUSSIA)

There is one more secret one, but I don't want to let that one out. So I will let you search it out yourself. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Cerberus

Reply #163 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:23pm:
You need to fly certain areas to see the allied and enemy aircraft hat come with Weapon for FSX. Those locations are:

1) EDDC (Dresden GERMANY) - EDDI (Berlin GERMANY) - EDAC (Nobitz GERMANY)
2) EGJJ (Jersey UK) - EGHH (Bournemouth UK) - LFRC (Cherbourg FRANCE)
3) LDDU (Dubrovnik CROATIA) - LJLJ (Ljubljana SLOVENIA) - BKPR (Pristina SERBIA)
4) LTBG (Balikesir TURKEY) - OIIG (Tehran IRAN) - EFHF (Helsinki FINLAND)
5) OAKN (Kandahar AFGHANISTAN) - UTDD (DushanbE TAJIKISTAN) - OAKB (Kabul AFGHANISTAN)
6) OLBA (Beirut LEBANON) - HEPS (Port Said EGYPT) - LLJR (Jerusalem ISRAEL) - LVGZ (Gaza PALESTINE)
7) RKPC (Jeju KOREA) - RKSI (Incheon KOREA) - ZKPY (Pyonyang NTH KOREA)
8) SVCS (Charallave VENEZUELA) - UKBB (Kyiv UKRAINE)
9) UMKK (Kaliningrad RUSSIA) - UMMG (Grodno BELARUS) - UMBB (Brest BELARUS)
10) VVNB (Hanoi VIETNAM) - VVTS (Saigon VIETNAM) - VVDN (Danang VIET NAM)
11) ZUUU (Chengdu CHINA) - UHWW (Vladivostok RUSSIA)

There is one more secret one, but I don't want to let that one out. So I will let you search it out yourself. Wink

Mark

I have tried UMKK, LJLJ, UMBB, and HEPS and I see nothing. At least, nothing new. If it is any help, I have AI trafic from AI Aardvark. And also, what about the lack of effects.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #164 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Make sure that your AI aircraft settings in FSX are set above 0% (I think you only need to have it set to 1%) to see them.

For the smoke and effects, is Advance animations turned ON in FSX - Settings > Display > Graphics (Global options)?

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top